Count Dooku vs Darth Malak

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

overlord
I dunno, I'll contribute to the Dooku hype.

Lord Dragonfire
Malak was pretty impressive.

Legion_of_Maul
malak, he almost defeated reven, and dooku couldn't beat reven thats already been decided.

overlord
Like OMG, I was expecting fanboys!! pirate

darthsith19
Yeah, I go with Malak, though it'd be very close.

zephiel7
Malak

Pyro Tyrannus
Originally posted by overlord
Like OMG, I was expecting fanboys!! pirate

Alas I have arrived!!!!!! Malak was a butcher, Dooku was a Count.

overlord
*falls back in agony by the shining light of the ultimate fanboy*

Sin Harvest
Originally posted by Pyro Tyrannus
Alas I have arrived!!!!!! Malak was a butcher, Dooku was a Count.

Malak was twisted
Dooku was shit

Pyro Tyrannus
Originally posted by Sin Harvest
Malak was twisted
Dooku was shit

EDIT: Dooku was >pimp

Malak was>jester

jollyjim311
Dooku is probably more capable than Malak with the force, and is no pushover, by any standards, in lightsaber combat. I see Dooku pulling this off. He just simply seems to be better than Malak. In a lightsaber duel, Dooku would be more than hard pressed to do it, but Tyranus has shown us more with force powers. For anyone who cares, my vote goes for Dooku.

Lord Dragonfire
Nobody cares. Dooku gets raped, saber raped hahaha.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by Lord Dragonfire
Nobody cares. Dooku gets raped, saber raped hahaha.

Well, aren't you just a horrible, horrible little man?

Lord Dragonfire
I'm 14, not a man. thumb up

jollyjim311
Yeah, me too, I suppose it's for the better. I don't want to be a creepy old guy debating about Star Wars... my apologies, I'll say no more.

Anyway, rape isn't funny. Get a new catch phrase, kid.

Pyro Tyrannus
I'm 16. In huttesse! Lol. Seriously I'm 16 and am a huge Christopher Lee fan...

Lord Dragonfire
Christopher Lee rapes Ewen McGregor.

jollyjim311
Yeah, at least you're not an insensitive prick who pisses people off just because he can. That would be horrible.

Lord Dragonfire
Pyro Tyrannus rapes JimboJolly.......5 times.
Ha Ha lolz big grin stick out tongue roll eyes (sarcastic) eek! laughing Happy Dance angel

jollyjim311
You really should try not to be so... *******-ish. For the last time, quit with that word, it isn't the literal meaning, and rape is in no way funny, so shut it, okay? This is the last time I'll ask.

Pyro Tyrannus
Originally posted by Lord Dragonfire
Pyro Tyrannus rapes JimboJolly.......5 times.
Ha Ha lolz big grin stick out tongue roll eyes (sarcastic) eek! laughing Happy Dance angel

*makes threatening motion with stick*

Darth Vious
I've not played KOTOR and don't know that much about the characters, but, from what I've read, I'd say Malak would win over Dooku for the following reasons:
According to this:

Malak is younger and physically stronger than the Count, and, although he's not listed as a Makashi practitioner, he was from an era when saber to saber combat was a common occurence, so would likely have more experience in duelling than Dooku, so I think that should make him the superior duellist, through both form and training/experience, and strength.

kamikz
Where is all that talking about his powers coming from? Where did Wikipedia get such a facts without the writer himself making assumptions and guessing?

Lord Saboteur
Originally posted by kamikz
Where is all that talking about his powers coming from? Where did Wikipedia get such a facts without the writer himself making assumptions and guessing? It's factual, supported by in-game cutscenes(and sadly not the awesome FMV cutscenes.) and other sources.

Darth Vious
Originally posted by kamikz
Where is all that talking about his powers coming from? Where did Wikipedia get such a facts without the writer himself making assumptions and guessing?
As said here:
Originally posted by Lord Saboteur
It's factual, supported by in-game cutscenes(and sadly not the awesome FMV cutscenes.) and other sources.

As I said, I haven't played KOTOR, so my knowledge of Malak is limited, however, regardless of what the wikipedia article said, the very era Malak was from would have meant that he had more of a familiarity with blade to blade duelling than Dooku, and, he is also, obviously younger and stronger than the Count (which is why Anakin was able to beat him) so those things combined should mean that Malak would be at least Dooku's equal in duelling (if not more experienced) and failing that, would still have the advantage of youth and strength.

Rampant ox
Christopher Lee is almighty everyone!! Anyone who doesnt beleive me will have the phenomenal Rampant Ox to deal with!!!!

Anyways, Dooku will win. He is better in terms of saber skill and they are roughly on par in force abilities. So the Cuont will win after a hard fight.

Sin Harvest
Originally posted by Rampant ox
Christopher Lee is almighty everyone!! Anyone who doesnt beleive me will have the phenomenal Rampant Ox to deal with!!!!

Anyways, Dooku will win. He is better in terms of saber skill and they are roughly on par in force abilities. So the Cuont will win after a hard fight.

The mighty fanboy speaks. Fact is that Malak is from an era of war and he was a powerful master of lightsaber dueling. He was powerful in the Force. He was the head of a Sith Order. Dooku was lucky to get picked as an apprentice.

Malak would defeat Dooku in combat whether by the sheer might of his lightsaber skills or that of his Force powers: Malak bests Dooku in both areas.

Rampant ox
I disagree. Dooku is a better duellist imo, but Malak probably has the superior force abilities. It would be extremely close but malak will make a mistake before the Count.

Sin Harvest
I disagree. Dooku is a better duellist imo, but Malak probably has the superior force abilities. It would be extremely close but malak will make a mistake before the Count.

What proof do you have that Dooku is a better duelist?

DE Luke

1.Not really,my favorite character would trump yours anyday, just like the same way I trumped you in that one debate about your headless,handless "almighty" Dooku.

2.Again,no.Dooku is too caught up with style rather than brute force and likes to be fancy, unlike Malak,who is more brute force rather than style and just wants to kill the old fart and get it over with.We're talking about a guy who killed Jedi for sport,a guy who litterally brought the Republic and the Outer Rim to its knees.Malak beats the old fart.

Rampant ox
Originally posted by DE Luke
1.Not really,my favorite character would trump yours anyday, just like the same way I trumped you in that one debate about your headless,handless "almighty" Dooku.

Wtf are you talking about?

Dooku is fancy and arrogant, but that doesnt mean he cant get the job done. And Malaks brute force will just tire himself out, while the Counts fancy parrys will keep up his energy.

And dont insult my fav character. You dont hear me going around bashing DE Luke. A bit of common courtesy and respect would be appreciated.

Blue Ice Wolf
Malak should probably win this. He was one of the greatest warriors in an entire order of sith and dark jedi which happened to be around the most martial period in SW. He displayed great strength and skill with the force, for instance when he force choked one jedi and blasted another with lightning at the same time. He had knowledge of such a forbidden dark side technique as force drain. Dooku wasn't too impressive, I could sure imagine him being a superior duelist but not stronger in the force.

overlord
Originally posted by jollyjim311
You really should try not to be so... *******-ish. For the last time, quit with that word, it isn't the literal meaning, and rape is in no way funny, so shut it, okay? This is the last time I'll ask. Yeah, I told him to come up with another way of being annoying. Just repeat the same joke over and over again and it will get annoying eventually.

Count Kent, if you're watching! You are bad at making jokes!
Thank the lord for people like you.

DE Luke
Wtf are you talking about?

Dooku is fancy and arrogant, but that doesnt mean he cant get the job done. And Malaks brute force will just tire himself out, while the Counts fancy parrys will keep up his energy.

And dont insult my fav character. You dont hear me going around bashing DE Luke. A bit of common courtesy and respect would be appreciated.

1.I trumped you in a debate when you were a still beinga n00b and saying that "ZomG!!11!D00k0 w1l1 l334t 4ny0n3 l33(4u53 h3 15 t3h Ul33R!!!11!""

2.I seriously doubt Dooku can hold off someone of that size and strengh.Hell,what has he done that worth noting?He got beaten by Yoda(Yes!BEATEN!Otherwise he wouldn't've ran!),was a pawn who was PWNed by Sidious and Anakin,HE wasn't the one who started the Clone Wars,Sids was the one who planned it,Dooku was just a lackey,if it wasn't him it wouldve been someone else.

2.What has Malak done?:Killed Jedi for sport,bombed Dantooine and Slaughtered the Jedi survivors,learned the secrets of the Star Forge and the Dark Side,trained armies of Dark Jedi who hunted down and killed other Jedi.

Yeah,Dooku's good alright,but he's not as good as Malak.

PurpleSaber
Malak has more experience. He is also younger and stronger. So I say he wins.

DePWNZOR
More Experiance? WTF? Dooku is like 80.......

Dooku wins, he has just shown us more with a saber.

Darth Vious
Originally posted by DePWNZOR
More Experiance? WTF? Dooku is like 80........
And in his 80 years, how much of it was spent engaging enemies with a lightsaber? Malak was from an era when lightsaber to lightsaber combat was a common occurence, so he would have more experience than Dooku regardless of the difference in their ages.

PurpleSaber
Just because someone is older doesn't necessarily mean they have more experience. Malak fought in the Mandalorian wars. That counts as experience.

jollyjim311
...And the clone wars don't? Dooku practiced Makashi, and that is typically the best form for saber to saber fighting. We know that the Jedi from the PT era practiced lightsaber combat very often. Why else would they have a lightsaber instructor in their order? They stay in shape not just from going on missions (probably 60+ years worth for Dooku), but also from sparring, hence why Dooku has beaten Mace in the past.

Dooku, like Malak, learned from both the Jedi and the Sith, only, for much longer. He has also toyed with Jedi, on several occasions.

Also, a younger Dooku fought Mandalorians. In fact, he was chosen to lead the strike team against them. I don't see Malak being able to do anything Dooku can't. It's tough for me to imagine Malak being able to defeat Dooku.

Darth Vious
...And the clone wars don't? Dooku practiced Makashi, and that is typically the best form for saber to saber fighting. We know that the Jedi from the PT era practiced lightsaber combat very often. Why else would they have a lightsaber instructor in their order? They stay in shape not just from going on missions (probably 60+ years worth for Dooku), but also from sparring, hence why Dooku has beaten Mace in the past.

Dooku, like Malak, learned from both the Jedi and the Sith, only, for much longer. He has also toyed with Jedi, on several occasions.

Also, a younger Dooku fought Mandalorians. In fact, he was chosen to lead the strike team against them. I don't see Malak being able to do anything Dooku can't. It's tough for me to imagine Malak being able to defeat Dooku.
They practiced lightsaber combat. Malak was from an era when lightsaber combat would have been used more regularly.

Razielim
The Jedi Civil war lasted only for 2 years and we don't know if Malak did anything besides sit his ass on a ship. Dooku fought... Asajj, Sora, Grievous, Mace, Yoda twice... and probably some more I'm forgetting. All since the start of the clone wars.

Granted, he was the second strongest in the Sith Empire, but this Empire only had 2 years of Sith training, contrary to Dooku's 13 years. Malak is also brash, impulsive and known for charging into battle. This is too close to call and Malak doesn't "pwn" anyone. I'm even inclined to think Dooku takes it more often than not.

jollyjim311
Oh yeah, huge difference. So what? The Jedi didn't kill their opponents. Point?

Razielim
So did the Jedi in the PT... it was the Golden Age of lightsaber combat.

This is true, however this "lightsaber vs lightsaber" era only lasted for 2 or 3 years, IIRC. And Malak himself spent some of this time as DLotS on the Star Forge.

Darth Vious
Originally posted by Razielim
The Jedi Civil war lasted only for 2 years and we don't know if Malak did anything besides sit his ass on a ship. Dooku fought... Asajj, Sora, Grievous, Mace, Yoda twice... and probably some more I'm forgetting. All since the start of the clone wars.

Granted, he was the second strongest in the Sith Empire, but this Empire only had 2 years of Sith training, contrary to Dooku's 13 years. Malak is also brash, impulsive and known for charging into battle. This is too close to call and Malak doesn't "pwn" anyone. I'm even inclined to think Dooku takes it more often than not.
As I said, I really don't know much about Malak, so I can only base my opinion on what I can read about him. Even if the Civil War only lasted two years, that is still two years of lightsaber on lightsaber combat.

Darth Vious
The Jedi didn't kill their opponents.
Obi-Wan killed his opponent Darth Maul.
Yoda killed his opponents (the clones) when he beheaded them.
Anakin killed his opponent Count Dooku.
Mace intended (and would have) killed his opponent Palpatine.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by Darth Vious
Obi-Wan killed his opponent Darth Maul.
Yoda killed his opponents (the clones) when he beheaded them.
Anakin killed his opponent Count Dooku.
Mace intended (and would have) killed his opponent Palpatine.

You're brilliant, A+. But I was refering to when they practiced against each other.

Razielim
For the average Jedi, yes, I'd assume they had more experience in the field. However, it's questionable whether Malak, himself, served as a frontline Sith at all during this conflict. We know he was a frontline general in the Mandalorian Wars... that's about it. When he became a Dark Lord of the Sith which he was for a year or so, he spent most of his time channeling the energy of the Star Forge...

Darth Vious
You're brilliant, A+. But I was refering to when they practiced against each other.
Ahh, well, when they're practicing does make quite the difference, as I've been pointing out in the Dooku Vs Grievous thread smile

Darth Vious
Originally posted by Razielim
For the average Jedi, yes, I'd assume they had more experience in the field. However, it's questionable whether Malak, himself, served as a frontline Sith at all during this conflict. We know he was a frontline general in the Mandalorian Wars... that's about it. When he became a Dark Lord of the Sith which he was for a year or so, he spent most of his time channeling the energy of the Star Forge...
Yes, but regardless of the civil war, that was still an era where lightsaber to lightsaber combat was a more frequent occurence than in the events of the PT.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.