The Worlds Water Supply Problem Has Been Solved! One Word: Desalination Filtration

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Although these machines/plants have been around, the method has finally achieved maximum effectiveness.

Construction is under way in the building of these newer and more innovative plants off ports all over the planet.

Inland farms all over and thirst will be among the few problem that'll may be eradicated. Good stuff.

tegeen
Is it one word or two words? wink

Anyway, I don't have any idea on how that thing works but I hope that is indeed possible. Access to water supply has been a serious global concern for several years now.

Wonderer
It's no solution if poor countries like mine can't afford the technology. How expensive or cheap is this?

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by tegeen
Is it one word or two words? wink

Anyway, I don't have any idea on how that thing works but I hope that is indeed possible. Access to water supply has been a serious global concern for several years now.

Opps, i meant one phrase..

Anyhow, turning salt water into fresh water is, i think, priceless.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Wonderer
It's no solution if poor countries like mine can't afford the technology. How expensive or cheap is this?

Does it matter how expensive or cheap it is. ? Were talking a vast amount of sea water turned into fresh water for the rest of the planet especially the needy parts. There will be more than enough for everyone for ceturies..

Quiero Mota
It's about time!

Alliance
WOW! No one ever thought that if we could desalinize the ocenas we'd have more fresh water!

Two words: Cost Effectiveness

Imperial_Samura
Yes. Recently there was a great deal of hoo ha in Australia over this. As the driest continent on the face of the earth water is a concern. However desalination is not perfect;

1. It is expensive to set up and maintain. It is also expensive to actually make the water taste nice after the salt is gone.

2. It is potentially bad for the environment - all the extracted crud from the water has to go somewhere, putting it back in water can mess up the locality, dumping it can lead to devastating salination (think earth toxic to plant life) as to much salt in the soil if really bad for plant life.

It was, in the end, concluded that water recycling is better, at least at the moment with the current level of desalination technology and process.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.