Green Street Hooligans

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

moeman
Why didnt this movie get any coverage in the US? Its really amazing, especially if youre a soccer fan. Its about soccer hooligans in the UK and start Elijah Wood. He does a great job switching over from being Frodo in LOTR. Definitely a good watch

C-Dic
Probably because Americans don't care about "soccer" hoods. I saw the movie and loved it. Plan on buying it pretty soon.

Smoker Stevens
Yeh I saw it recently its really a good watch... Frodo ****s people up, and I love the Hoolie's!!

jaden101
dire dire dire DIRE DIRE

gshkris72
i loved this movie..elijah and charlie did a good job in it..

MildPossession
I'm with Jaden. Far from amazing... Give me The Firm anyday.

TheSpade
Foreign films? This is an American film set in Britain isn't it?

It was absolutely dire, the acting was terrible, the story line wafer thin, Frodo as a football hooligan is the least beleivable thing ever. The rest of the cast were terribly bad, with accents changing throughout the film. No redeeming features this one.

For football hooligan films it has to be Football Factory, much better than Green Street. There's a sequel out now which has a ridicolous plot, set in prison with all the hooligans having been arrested the prison wardens decide to let the 2 rival sides have a football match with the winners being released. What absolute nonsense.

MildPossession
Football Factory is a masterpiece compared to Green Street.

deathbycorn
Not really. I prefer Green Street Hooligans. Its cheesy and knows it. Where as Football Factory is cheesy but thinks it isn't.

MildPossession
Yes really. Green Street is really quite terrible in all areas. Nick Love is much better suited to making such a film, I believe he is going to be making a new version of The Firm, mentioned above, so will be interesting to see his take on it.

deathbycorn
I love football hooligan movies and I have seen The Firm with Gary Oldman and its a top notch flick. I thought the doco 'The Real Football Factories' with Dyer as the host was better than the movie. And The Football Factory's ending is completely lifted from American History X - thats why I don't really like it.

There is also a decent one called ID.

MildPossession
A teaser trailer for Nick Love's remake of The Firm:

http://www.pyroradio.com/index.cfm/act/video_details/id/581

deathbycorn
Why would you post that in a GSH thread? Make a new thread for it.

Impediment
It's a fair suggestion to make a new thread, MP.

MildPossession
It was a natural continuation, it was mentioned in the previous few posts and I added a link to the trailer for those interested. Simple really.

You could have commented on the trailer and film instead of making a pointless reply, or make your own topic on the film if you are that bothered about it.

As for the trailer, it's missing Gary Oldman for me, he was fantastic in the original, don't think anyone in the remake looks like they will be as good, we will see.

deathbycorn
There is a new hooligan movie called Away Days that looks better but I ain't going to post a trailer for it in a GSH thread.

It was unnecessary. Make a new thread for it.

MildPossession
Oh for god's sake. I posted a trailer for a football hooligan film because it was brought up in this topic. I wouldn't have put a trailer in here for something that wasn't mentioned.

Talk about GS or Hooligan films instead of wasting a topic and filling it with crap.

You seem to do that a lot on here, reply to a perfectly reasonable post with a negative argumentative post spoiling a topic.

deathbycorn
Nah you stuffed up, just take it on the chin.

MildPossession
How did I possibly stuff up? I only posted a trailer for a film mentioned... Geez, I'm helpful finding film stuff for people interested and all I get is moans...

Digi
deathbycorn, quit trying to backseat moderate. It started as a suggestion, but is now becoming redundant and attacking. There's nothing wrong with a related link, even if it's not 100% about the thread topic.

Anyway, see that this discussion stops.

deathbycorn
Originally posted by Digi
deathbycorn, quit trying to backseat moderate. It started as a suggestion, but is now becoming redundant and attacking. There's nothing wrong with a related link, even if it's not 100% about the thread topic.

Anyway, see that this discussion stops.

haha power trip!

MildPossession
Anyway, anyone who has seen it, should I take the time to see the Green Street sequel that looks like it's set in America?! ahhhhhhhhh.

Or liking the look of The Firm trailer?

jaden101
Originally posted by MildPossession
Anyway, anyone who has seen it, should I take the time to see the Green Street sequel that looks like it's set in America?! ahhhhhhhhh.

Or liking the look of The Firm trailer?

On the 1st point...It's tragically awful.

On the 2nd point...Do you mean the old film with Gary Oldman or is there another "The Firm" movie I don't know about?

MildPossession
The director Nick Love has remade it. Don't explode now.

I will stay away from the sequel then.

island-is-stone
it was un-realistic! You know that hooligans is not that kind of people that you saw in the movie.

Blinky
I was gonna rent this once but decided I wasn't in the mood for a comedy :P .

wicker_man
The only reason Mr. Wood (probably) did this film was to move as far away from his cemented goody-good role that was Lord of the Rings.
It's dire, I can say that as both a British movie fan and soccer (football) lover.

Shey Tapani
I think it was mediocre and no matter how hard Wood tried he is no menacing.

K.Diddy
beer Just seen this,I thought it was great myself, The only real problem I had with it,was Wood playing the character of Matt.Dont know why they cast him for a Role like that,was just too unconvincing but otherwise an enjoyable movie 7.5/10

MildPossession
You can't stand good films(Eraserhead) yet like a lot of shit films(Green Street).... stick out tongue stick out tongue

K.Diddy
Originally posted by MildPossession
You can't stand good films(Eraserhead) yet like a lot of shit films(Green Street).... stick out tongue stick out tongue

erm When I watch a movie,all I want it to really do is entertain me,which This movie did,So too me that must mean it's a decent movie,Eraserhead just bored me,Sure it was interesting to watch it,but overall the movie is dull.

Faith20
Great information!

Myth
I liked this movie when I saw it years ago. Now that I've gotten into Sons of Anarchy, I'd like to re-watch it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.