Who is better: Christopher Lee or Sean Connery?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Aaron_Hape
Pick your fav and let the slanderous comments fly!

Britrogue
Christopher Lee without a doubt.

Rampant ox
Pffffffft. Do you even have to ask?!?! Christopher Lee is leagues above Connery. As much as I like Seans accent, Lee's deep booming voice is far superior.

Aaron_Hape
I see...I pefer Sean better. (Connery that is, not you Mr Mallet)

Rampant ox
Originally posted by Aaron_Hape
I see...I pefer Sean better. (Connery that is, not you Mr Mallet)

Wtf!! Whose Mr Mallet? Anyways Christopher Lee is simply the better actor. He fits his roles perfectly, especially Saruman and Count Dooku.

Council#13
Hmmmm. As an actor, dunno. Connery distracts you with his compelling voice, as does Lee. I like Lee's voice more, so I'm going with him smile

Aaron_Hape
But Sean Connery is scottish! SCOTTISH!!! AAAAAAH!

Legion_of_Maul
but did dooku play the infamouse james bond, or did he star in Godzilla 1985

Darth Macabre
Christopher Lee....No question.

This isn't even a contest in my opinion. Christopher Lee is one of the greatest actors ever.

Connery...Not so much.

Aaron_Hape
Originally posted by Legion_of_Maul
but did dooku play the infamouse james bond, or did he star in Godzilla 1985

eek! Was Sean Connery in Godzilla?!

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Rampant ox
Pffffffft. Do you even have to ask?!?! Christopher Lee is leagues above Connery. As much as I like Seans accent, Lee's deep booming voice is far superior.

thats pretty impressive coming from YOU who has connorys pic as your avatar.

Rampant ox
Originally posted by Mr Parker
thats pretty impressive coming from YOU who has connorys pic as your avatar.

WTF!!! My avatar is of Count Dooku, who is played by Christopher Lee...

Aaron_Hape
Lol what a norman! Thats not Connery!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

cking
Sean Connery

Aaron_Hape
Yes finally someone else agrees.

silver_tears
I've an old man crush on Lee. embarrasment

Zidane's awesome w00t

bakerboy
Both are great actors, bot different. Lee is specialized in dark characters in horror or fantasy movies like dracula. Connery is specialized in heroes characters, being young or old. I like both, but i choose Lee.

cking
Sean has been in 85 movies while Lee has been in 257 movies, Lee has the edge in age by eight years, so Lee has the edge when it comes to money.

Aaron_Hape
Holy scheizer.....

cking
I think overall popularity wise it would go to Sean Connery big time mostly because he use to be James bond and those movies never have an ending. Christopher before the star wars movies wasn't as near as famous as Sean even through he was in alot more movies. Lee seemed to rise pretty quickly as count dooku in star wars attack of the clones and return of the sith, but Sean is known more by the older public way before lee was despite lee is eight years older. Lee didn't become famous until star wars, I have seen him in other movies before star wars but he wasn't the main character unlike Sean was but more of a mid-major character until now.

Rampant ox
Originally posted by cking
I think overall popularity wise it would go to Sean Connery big time mostly because he use to be James bond and those movies never have an ending. Christopher before the star wars movies wasn't as near as famous as Sean even through he was in alot more movies. Lee seemed to rise pretty quickly as count dooku in star wars attack of the clones and return of the sith, but Sean is known more by the older public way before lee was despite lee is eight years older. Lee didn't become famous until star wars, I have seen him in other movies before star wars but he wasn't the main character unlike Sean was but more of a mid-major character until now.

I disagree. Lee became famous to the older generation because of his old horror movies like Dracula. He was also Sherlack Holmes and Francisco Scaramanga in 'James Bond, The Man with the golden gun'. However he didnt become known to the younger generation until SW and LOTR. But now he has a sh*t load of fans in both age groups (myself included). So Lee definetly is better.

Aaron_Hape
Originally posted by Rampant ox
I disagree. Lee became famous to the older generation because of his old horror movies like Dracula. He was also Sherlack Holmes and Francisco Scaramanga in 'James Bond, The Man with the golden gun'. However he didnt become known to the younger generation until SW and LOTR. But now he has a sh*t load of fans in both age groups (myself included). So Lee definetly is better.

True, but Connery played BOND in what, 6 bond films(?) whereas Lee only played "the bad guy" in one bond film, and he probably only got that part because he is related to Ian Fleeming...

Rampant ox
Originally posted by Aaron_Hape
True, but Connery played BOND in what, 6 bond films(?) whereas Lee only played "the bad guy" in one bond film, and he probably only got that part because he is related to Ian Fleeming...

But Francisco Scaramanga was the best Bond villan!! Anyway Christopher Lee has been a major villan in two of the biggest movie sagas of all time - LOTR and SW. The younger generation of movie goers cant relate to Connery the way they can to Lee.

juliustheimpale
connery... although lee is a very, VERY close 2nd...

cking
I don't really know but I picked Connery. if it was a race of who would die of old age the fastest then it would be lee without a doubt since he is eight years older.

Roulette
I'd say Lee, but Connery has that schmooth voice^^ hehe...I think it's awesome. *ahem* but seriously though, acting wise, I'd say Connerysmile

Rampant ox
While Connery has the smooth talking voice, Lee has a deep booming persuasive voice. "Do not let him speak for he shall cast a spell on us" or summit like that. I prefer Lee better but it is a matter of opinion I guess. I still think Sean is a great actor though, just not on the level of Lee.

Darth_Hexus
still he was in Godzilla, so Connery wins!

Rampant ox
But Christopher Lee was Saruman AND Count Dooku. The two best movie villans of all time.

Aaron_Hape
Originally posted by Darth_Hexus
still he was in Godzilla, so Connery wins!

Who did Connery play in Godzilla?

cking
I don't think count dooku and saruman are the best villains of all time. their was a poll not long ago about who was the best villains of all time. both count Dracula and Darth Vader made number one and number two.

Rampant ox
They are the best villans in my opinion anyway. And can I remind you that Christopher Lee played Count Dracula...

cking
thats right then they should have count dooku serial boxes instead of Dracula serial boxes.

Rampant ox
That would be awesome!!!

cking
their should be a collection of serial boxes from all the star wars characters.

bakerboy

BobbyD
Originally posted by cking

cosigned

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.