What is a disgrace?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Omega
Today I saw in passing a news headline saying, that president Bush calls it a disgrace that the newspaper New York Times has revealed how US-authorities secretly track financial transactions and movements as part of the "War on Terror".

Now, is it the article in the newspaper the president is after, or a possibly unconstituional monitoring of financial transactions??
Does anyone know?

Or else I just wait until the news on TV tonight smile

jaden101
i always love the use of that word...it makes me all fuzzy inside

botankus
Copy and paste it in dictionary.com and see what you get.

jaden101
hahaha...yeah...we'll give it the meaning

"when something is not tui (pronounced chewy) because it was Bush's fault"

PVS
so...basically, even if bush orders the illegal monitering of u.s. citizens, we cant say anything or else its "ZOMG ITS BUSHZ FAULT LOLZ!!" ???

well i guess by extention nothing is his fault.
i wish that was me. i wish i could just go up to people i dont like and
kick them square in the nuts. then when they say "WTF DID YOU DO THAT FOR!!??!?"
i can say "pfffft...oh please, dont you have anything better to do than blame me for EVERYTHING???"

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by The Omega
Today I saw in passing a news headline saying, that president Bush calls it a disgrace that the newspaper New York Times has revealed how US-authorities secretly track financial transactions and movements as part of the "War on Terror".

Now, is it the article in the newspaper the president is after, or a possibly unconstitutional monitoring of financial transactions??
Does anyone know?

Or else I just wait until the news on TV tonight smile

The monitoring of financial transactions is not unconstitutional so it must be the other.

jaden101
Originally posted by PVS
so...basically, even if bush orders the illegal monitering of u.s. citizens, we cant say anything or else its "ZOMG ITS BUSHZ FAULT LOLZ!!" ???

well i guess by extention nothing is his fault.
i wish that was me. i wish i could just go up to people i dont like and
kick them square in the nuts. then when they say "WTF DID YOU DO THAT FOR!!??!?"
i can say "pfffft...oh please, dont you have anything better to do than blame me for EVERYTHING???"

zooooommm

there goes the point flying over your head again

autumn dreams
If the US Government is doing something such as this, the public has every right to know. They has every right to know that their phone calls were being monitered, and this is no exception.

Soleran
uh huh the IRS gets to monitor alot of monetary activity as well as if you play on the stock exchange or have a broker any transactions that would be considered a "large" purchase are typically monitored anyway.

jaden101
Originally posted by Soleran
uh huh the IRS gets to monitor alot of monetary activity as well as if you play on the stock exchange or have a broker any transactions that would be considered a "large" purchase are typically monitored anyway.

banks monitor all large transactions and report suspicious ones to the authorities as a matter of course

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.