Is It Possible To Just Be You?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LethalFemme
Is it? Many people seem shock and in disbelief when something other than a joke leaves my lips. Like I'm incapable of intelligence. Is there a balance or are we doomed to be one or the other?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by LethalFemme
Is it? Many people seem shock and in disbelief when something other than a joke leaves my lips. Like I'm incapable of intelligence. Is there a balance or are we doomed to be one or the other?

You can be yourself, but others will not always like that. So, don't worry about other people. If you like who you are, then other peoples opinion should matter little to you. I don't really care what people think about me, unless I'm on stage playing my guitar, then I care. cool

Bardock42
A better question is "Is it possible to not be you"...since well, basically everything you do is "you", isn't it?

debbiejo
Dont worry about what OTHER people think about you............

botankus
Everytime I think of Bardock, I think of Morrissey. His posts just ring out with that classic voice.

El_NINO
I think WHOB is by far the worst at having a good image.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Bardock42
A better question is "Is it possible to not be you"...since well, basically everything you do is "you", isn't it?

Not everyone is as brazen and shameless as you. laughing

Bardock42
Originally posted by botankus
Everytime I think of Bardock, I think of Morrissey. His posts just ring out with that classic voice. I don't sing as good....and I don't look as good....damn, I'm pointless.

botankus
I am Human and I need to be lovvvvvved....
Aww..... cry

jaden101
it's not what people think your normal behaviour is that makes you who you are and to think that way means you'll only ever be trying to please someone else rather than being yourself

Bardock42
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Not everyone is as brazen and shameless as you. laughing

But everyone is oneself...if they play a part to make others believe something, or behave what they think is "normal", it's all part of their self.

LethalFemme

I completely agree and for the most part am. It's just annoying as hell when people make it seem as though I'm not allowed to get into a battle of the minds or that my vocabulary shouldn't go beyond that of an elementary student.

Bardock42
Aww..... cry

So, since I don't trust your taste in music, what is it: Three rather hot witches or Homosexual Russian Girl Band?

Bardock42
I completely agree and for the most part am. It's just annoying as hell when people make it seem as though I'm not allowed to get into a battle of the minds or that my vocabulary shouldn't go beyond that of an elementary student.

Well, I'm not sure if you can, so, what's your hair colour and size of breasts?

El_NINO

Why would this be a better question? If you decide to not be you then your basically portaying someone your not.

LethalFemme
Well, I'm not sure if you can, so, what's your hair colour and size of breasts?

Yeah that's basically the reaction I get.erm

DarkC
Well, it should be a breeze.

Finding out who exactly I am though, that's different. And I do think a thread like this would be more comfortable in the Philosophy forum.

Eis
I wonder if this thread is nothing but a reminder on how hot LethalFemme actually is.
You're cute and you have thoughts, we get it.

Bardock42
Originally posted by El_NINO
Why would this be a better question? If you decide to not be you then your basically portaying someone your not.

Not at all, if you decide that it is still you, I mean...you can't jsut stop being you.

Yeah that's basically the reaction I get.erm
I know, chauvinism is fun, but, what happened to make you create this thread....I demand details.

LethalFemme
Originally posted by DarkC
Well, it should be a breeze.

Finding out who exactly I am though, that's different. And I do think a thread like this would be more comfortable in the Philosophy forum.

Possibly and I wouldn't be surprised if it was moved there but, for the time being I'd just like a honest answer.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis
I wonder if this thread is nothing but a reminder on how hot LethalFemme actually is.

To be honest I thought the same thing...but I don't care...after all she is hot.

LethalFemme
Originally posted by Eis

No it's not that at all

Not at all, if you decide that it is still you, I mean...you can't jsut stop being you.

I know, chauvinism is fun, but, what happened to make you create this thread....I demand details.

Well over the last few days comments have been made about my intelligence that can't be either considered good nor technically bad and by people I thought would know me better than that.

Bardock42
No it's not that at all

Well over the last few days comments have been made about my intelligence that can't be either considered good nor technically bad and by people I thought would know me better than that.
Like what?

LethalFemme
Like what?

I'd rather not go into detail but, thanks for the answers. I pretty much knew them but, they kinda held no truth until someone else said it which is basically a question in it's self. Do I need the approval of others to accept something as fact?

debbiejo
Aww..... cry laughing out loud

botankus
If I were to give advice to LethalFemme, I'd say...keep the OTF posts to a minimum and beef up your GDF post count if you want more self-confidence in your intelligence level.

Bardock42
I'd rather not go into detail but, thanks for the answers. I pretty much knew them but, they kinda held no truth until someone else said it which is basically a question in it's self. Do I need the approval of others to accept something as fact?

Not really, but you can discuss with people your opinion as to what is fact. Or you could just go the easy way and always agree with me, that should get you on the right side.

LethalFemme
If I were to give advice to LethalFemme, I'd say...keep the OTF posts to a minimum and beef up your GDF post count if you want more self-confidence in your intelligence level.

Actually not a bad idea but, I sorta wanted to balance both sides.erm

Bardock42

Yeah, or just generally visit the GDF while still being Off-Topic like Debbiejo and botankus...and this Bardock fellow.

LethalFemme
Not really, but you can discuss with people your opinion as to what is fact. Or you could just go the easy way and always agree with me, that should get you on the right side.

True and we both know it's always smarter for a man to agree with a woman.stick out tongue

botankus
Yeah, or just generally visit the GDF while still being Off-Topic like Debbiejo and botankus...and this Bardock fellow.

You see, Debs, I, and you don't need any reinforcement in our intelligence levels. stick out tongue

We already know we're dumb.

Bardock42
You see, Debs, I, and you don't need any reinforcement in our intelligence levels. stick out tongue

We already know we're dumb.

And that's the major difference between you and me, I would have done the exact same post just with "smart" instead of "dumb". Probably even "amazingly smart".

And I would have left debbie out....

debbiejo
blink That's not very nice...............

I'm --->> smart ..........oh, but more lovely

Eis
Bardock and Debbie... KMC's favorite love/hate relationship.

botankus
Originally posted by debbiejo
I'm --->> smart ..........oh, but more lovely

If I"m not mistaken, that used to be the smartass smilie.

Alpha Centauri
They're like Tommy Lee and Pamela Anderson, except instead of the beatings, drugs and sex tapes, they're just a combination of German and really silly/annoying.

Half and half.

-AC

Mindship
If it was okay for people to be themselves, then the gigabuck fashion and diet industries would have a much harder time selling things cuz "normal" would be okay.

So, No: it is not possible to be yourself because that is bad for the economy. big grin

Storm
Is it?
Yes.

crazylozer
Where is the line? Where is the line?
Between your fashion and your mind
'Cause some of us aren't blind!
To be yourself is not a crime
'Cause some of use aren't blind!

She sells street cred with no smile, at the local record store
She's acting the role and dressing the part, pretending to be bored
The truth about conformity, is it bites without a sting
Treds come and go, but when you're alone it doesn't mean a thing

-Where is the Line, by Billy Talent

MJOILNIR
While going to college one of my proffessors tried to make me self comcious about my thick appalachian accent and the fact that I didnt use heavy long winded words when I make conversation. Its not that I cant I am more than capable of doing so but I dont see the need. Im a straight forward blunt person thats just the way I am. I explained this to him one day saying that I really didnt give a rats ass what he thought about my accent and I was sure he didnt give a rats ass that I thought he was short,fat,bald and way to femanine acting. Theres no need in worrying about what other people think about you. If they dont like you for who you are they dont deserve to know you anyway.

debbiejo
I believe I know where she is coming from. Your personality is your personality. It seems that when a person has a great sense of humor and enjoys it, they are not taken too seriously when they decide to talk about something of intelligence. Like the two can't go together or something........How bizarre...........

It's called versatility.... cool

Mindship
True and we both know it's always smarter for a man to agree with a woman.stick out tongue

Safer. wink

Just be yourself. If people are responding negatively, that's a reflection of them, not (necessarily) of you (I say "necessarily" because I don't know you). If you are that gifted combination of beauty and wit (and I'd like to know why everyone thinks you are hot--are they judging by your sigs or did you ever post a member pic--just curious stick out tongue ), than those with less of either will find you intimidating and seek ways to cut you down to size.

Stand tall, stand strong, be kind...and those who are afraid will eventually come around, finding in themselves their own strengths by following your lead.

lil bitchiness

Hmm, not really, since what is ''you'' is constructed by society. You are in a box, which society has built, of how you should be. Within that box, you have a little space to do ''your own thing'', but on a macro scope of things, what is ''you'' is what your society says ''you'' is to be.

Alpha Centauri
You should probably just speak for yourself there, just a thought.

-AC

Bardock42
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Hmm, not really, since what is ''you'' is constructed by society. You are in a box, which society has built, of how you should be. Within that box, you have a little space to do ''your own thing'', but on a macro scope of things, what is ''you'' is what your society says ''you'' is to be.

Weird, not in the world I live in.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
You should probably just speak for yourself there, just a thought.

-AC

Don't we all speak for ourselves AC? I know I do.

Alpha Centauri
We do, Dwarf. Apparantly Milla doesn't think so, or does, and just tried to speak for everyone for no reason.

-AC

lil bitchiness
I could never ever speak in your name AC, because I cannot get my head so far up my ass.

Alpha Centauri
Yeah, but you see, you did speak in my name, didn't you?

Let's look:

"Hmm, not really, since what is 'you' is constructed by society. You are in a box, which society has built, of how you should be. Within that box, you have a little space to do 'your own thing', but on a macro scope of things, what is 'you' is what your society says 'you' is to be."

That statement logically applies to anyone living in a society. This includes me. So until you remove YOUR head from your ironically pretentious ass, don't speak in such a way. I appreciate your attempt at being a worldly person, but please. Speak for yourself.

If you believe society has conditioned you to the point of robbing your identity, I truly feel for you (no, really), but it doesn't apply to all of us.

-AC

TheSpinner
If I only knew who the real me is!?!

Is me the one I think I am or is it the one that the others think I am?
but if I really knew who me was, would it be really an unbiased knowledge of me or can the others know the real me better than me!?!?.... confused :

I rather be different me with different people than driving the real me crazy trying to fit it to many different crazy people: (TOLERANCE MY FRIEND cool )

If you try to live your life with the 'just you'. you will soon have solitude and boredom as your most sarcastic and devoted companions. laughing

InnerRise
Well I plan on living my life with just me.

Solitude is my friend.

is it comprehensible.....

TheSpinner
Originally posted by InnerRise
Well I plan on living my life with just me.

Solitude is my friend.
YEAH! I was right for once Happy Dance

LethalFemme
Yeah but, we live in a world where originality runs thin and although is praised is also feared.

Bardock42
What's up with all these generalized statements and pointless phrases in this thread?

WrathfulDwarf
Yeah, but you see, you did speak in my name, didn't you?

No she didn't AC. Read it carefull:

I could never ever speak in your name AC

Pretty clear to me.

Let's look:

"Hmm, not really, since what is 'you' is constructed by society. You are in a box, which society has built, of how you should be. Within that box, you have a little space to do 'your own thing', but on a macro scope of things, what is 'you' is what your society says 'you' is to be."

That statement logically applies to anyone living in a society. This includes me. So until you remove YOUR head from your ironically pretentious ass, don't speak in such a way. I appreciate your attempt at being a worldly person, but please. Speak for yourself.

If you believe society has conditioned you to the point of robbing your identity, I truly feel for you (no, really), but it doesn't apply to all of us.

-AC

You have to remenber that ANY society is composed of "individuals" and every individual may speak for himself/herself or for others that cannot speak for themselves. Lil is speaking for herself in her statement. Remenber...even if you chose to be excluded from a society...you're still apart of them until you decide to join another society. A society can robbed your identity ONLY if you allow that to happen. Pretty much 1984 but without Big Brother. wink

LethalFemme
What's up with all these generalized statements and pointless phrases in this thread?

I don't know it just went from one thing to another including insults.

Jigsaw13
Of course you can just be "yourself".

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Pretty clear to me.

You left half the comment off. Whether this is because you tend to always be biased toward Lil in any altercation between the two of us, or whether it's because you actually forgot, I don't know.

She said more than that, though. She said "I could never ever speak in your name AC, because I cannot get my head so far up my ass.". It was a pathetic jab because, as usual, she has nothing else to say.

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
You have to remenber that ANY society is composed of "individuals" and every individual may speak for himself/herself or for others that cannot speak for themselves. Lil is speaking for herself in her statement. Remenber...even if you chose to be excluded from a society...you're still apart of them until you decide to join another society. A society can robbed your identity ONLY if you allow that to happen. Pretty much 1984 but without Big Brother. wink

Yes, so basically we're saying the same thing in slightly changed overtones aren't we? Lil said that "you" (and rest assured, she said it generally, read her post and tell me she didn't) can't be yourself because society dictates it.

We both know this is pretentious bullshit, and that she was wrong to make such a general statement. Now we can move on.

-AC

cking
I believe it is possible to be yourself. people just need to think of themselves for one moment and not just being envious of other people and that is when peer pressure comes in. pick out what what you want to wear and don't listen to what other people are saying because they are just words and talk is cheap. doing what you want to do and even through you might get criticized for it, just do it and don't worry about it even if it makes you happy. people stress all the time but they stress over the little things the most. talk when ever you want to talk or not, every person has a right to say what they want to say even if it is right or wrong because it is better to let out the truth than to hide it. better to let out your emotions than to bottle it up inside. just don't worry all people are different it wouldn't make a life worth living if it wasn't and how boring it would be if everyone is the same.

debbiejo
Of course it's possible to be just you. And with that comes a price as always. Everything has a price....

cking
of course it has a price even eating a double whopper with cheese has a price. eat too many and the belly might drag to the ground.

LethalFemme

I get it. You're saying that society has already preassigned/judged me. Not me directly but, as a legacy. I've been sorted and classified into a group and it's unthinkable to have me to try to break free and evolve from the cocoon that is society's shallow exterior.

Bardock42
I get it. You're saying that society has already preassigned/judged me. Not me directly but, as a legacy. I've been sorted and classified into a group and it's unthinkable to have me to try to break free and evolve from the cocoon that is society's shallow exterior.

I get it, you all want to sound really scientific and smart while talking nonsense, right?

LethalFemme
I get it, you all want to sound really scientific and smart while talking nonsense, right?

For some but, for me I just generally get it. stick out tongue

Imaginary

There's a balance. But if you're normally joking then sometimes people find it hard to accept the fact that yes, you can also be serious. My friend had this problem a couple of years ago and it got to the point where I was the only one who took her seriously. Since then though, she's learned to be serious around the people who understand her and just happy and bouncy around the people that don't.

crazylozer
I'm not sure it is possible to be just be 'you'. That whole "nature vs. nurture" argument basically says that both alter your development, so while people may have a predisposition towards any personality trait, everything around you affects that.

allofyousuckkk
it is hard to be you around others, because your personality is different, however slighty around different people. You are only you when you are alone.

Atlantis001
Its too hard to be just you, there are many external things influencing you... many voices in your head telling you to do things, and behave in a certain way.... and you would like these voices were really external voices, but they are part of you.

LethalFemme
Originally posted by Imaginary
There's a balance. But if you're normally joking then sometimes people find it hard to accept the fact that yes, you can also be serious. My friend had this problem a couple of years ago and it got to the point where I was the only one who took her seriously. Since then though, she's learned to be serious around the people who understand her and just happy and bouncy around the people that don't.

Do I know this friend?

Imaginary
Do I know this friend?

No, she's one of my RL friends and isn't a member of KMC.

LethalFemme

kayhappy

Roulette
Hmmm...I think it's possible...depending on your company. I find that I am myself around my family & certain friends because I am most comfortable with them...they would never judge me. But with others...well..I tend to alter myself slightly. For example, with one group of friends, I'm always rolling out jokes because they see me as the joker of the group.

cinemma
I really think that in front of certain people, we have to adopt a different attitude. It's instinct as if. But I like to be JUST myself, with whoever it is. I dont change for others.

Roulette
You don't think that others influence you at all?

LethalFemme
Originally posted by Roulette
You don't think that others influence you at all?

We all act different around certain people.

xmarksthespot
Bah! Humbug!

LethalFemme
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Bah! Humbug!

Did you give those health benefits to Tiny Tim and his family?stick out tongue

xmarksthespot
Yep... then after he got all fixed up I went back to their house and broke his legs again. 'Cause I'm not just an arsehole I'm a sadistic arsehole... it's always possible to just be me.

LethalFemme
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Yep... then after he got all fixed up I went back to their house and broke his legs again. 'Cause I'm not just an arsehole I'm a sadistic arsehole... it's always possible to just be me.

So it is.shock

Bardock42

HAHAHAHAH, RL friends...HAHAHAHAHAHAH...wait...you are serious? You have those ...I envy you cry

LethalFemme
HAHAHAHAH, RL friends...HAHAHAHAHAHAH...wait...you are serious? You have those ...I envy you cry

That's cause he isn't a perverted, sadistic ******* like you.happy

Bardock42
That's cause he isn't a perverted, sadistic ******* like you.happy

True happy

LethalFemme
True happy

Very.yes

Bardock42
Very.yes

And you still dig it happy

LethalFemme
And you still dig it happy

True enough.happy

Bardock42
True enough.happy
So...are you being yourself?

LethalFemme
So...are you being yourself?

I have no problem with being me. It's just people have a problem seeing or even thinking there's more than one side to me.

Bardock42
I have no problem with being me. It's just people have a problem seeing or even thinking there's more than one side to me. Hmm....what sides are there to you no expression

LethalFemme
Hmm....what sides are there to you no expression

Well it's obvious I'm a flirt and a joker but, the minute something flies out of my mouth that sounds remotely intelligent it's like what? She reads, knows current events, has an opinion and can form a sentence. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bardock42
Well it's obvious I'm a flirt and a joker but, the minute something flies out of my mouth that sounds remotely intelligent it's like what? She reads, knows current events, has an opinion and can form a sentence. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Well, not a coherent one, but good enough.

LethalFemme
Well, not a coherent one, but good enough.

Assmhm

Bardock42
Assmhm

Actually, perverted, sadistic ass describes it better, but thanks.

LethalFemme
Actually, perverted, sadistic ass describes it better, but thanks.

Well I'm sure no one knows your ass like you do.smile

Bardock42
Well I'm sure no one knows your ass like you do.smile

Well, actually I took your description of it, since I figured you must know it even better than me shifty

LethalFemme
Well, actually I took your description of it, since I figured you must know it even better than me shifty

I might people do talk.whistling

Bardock42
I might people do talk.whistling Do they now?

Hmm, so, who looked at you like you were a blue Martian when you said something slightly intelligent?

LethalFemme
Do they now?

Hmm, so, who looked at you like you were a blue Martian when you said something slightly intelligent?

Unfortunately I've gotten it from friends(not close ones) and teachers.

Bardock42
Unfortunately I've gotten it from friends(not close ones) and teachers. Teachers? I think you should tell us one of those stories so we (I) can have a good laugh....

Mindship
Jeez, if I were you, I'd play right into it...be easy to mess with their heads--operate under the radar, so to speak, using their own expectations against them. Just for fun, of course. wink

Bardock42
Originally posted by Mindship
Jeez, if I were you, I'd play right into it...be easy to mess with their heads--operate under the radar, so to speak, using their own expectations against them. Just for fun, of course. wink

She's probably not smart enough to do that...

Mindship
laughing out loud

LethalFemme

I get off on that feeling of being the under dog and preying on the stupidity of others. I've just always wondered why am I underestimated.

Bardock42

LethalFemme

Bardock42
No I don't believe you did.hmm

In that case it wasn't a joke at all and I stand by it.....big boobs?

LethalFemme
In that case it wasn't a joke at all and I stand by it.....big boobs?

So why exactly did you post here?

Bardock42
So why exactly did you post here?

To feel good about myself?

LethalFemme
To feel good about myself?

No that's not it. I think to the dismay of everyone else you're quite pleased with yourself.

Bardock42
No that's not it. I think to the dismay of everyone else you're quite pleased with yourself.

Aww, if I had feelings I would feel really bad right now....but since I am quite pleased with myself.....hehe...irony.

LethalFemme
Aww, if I had feelings I would feel really bad right now....but since I am quite pleased with myself.....hehe...irony.

Here's true irony a few days ago I said a very similar comment to someone in the OTF.shock

Bardock42
Here's true irony a few days ago I said a very similar comment to someone in the OTF.shock

Yeah, aren't we two arrogant bitches?

LethalFemme
Yeah, aren't we two arrogant bitches?

Yes but, we have our reasons.yes

Bardock42
Yes but, we have our reasons.yes

Does it have something to do with our extreme Off-Topicness in the GDF? OH MY GOD...am I cheating on Floo shock

Pandemoniac
You can get misinterpreted so swift by even the best of friends.
I once had this comical alter ego dubbed 'The Primal'. I climbed up in anything I could, voting weird noises and went hopping around like Clyde on speed. Many found it very entertaining but I genuinely scared some of my close friends, who thought I went really insane and was a danger to them.
So yeah, don't hold back who you really are, but try not not let certain aspects of that surface indiscreetly.

LethalFemme
Does it have something to do with our extreme Off-Topicness in the GDF? OH MY GOD...am I cheating on Floo shock

I can't help it I'm like the Bermuda Triangle. Men come around me with logic and willpower and soon end up dazed and confused with their pants around their ankles with a look on their face of satisfaction knowing they've truly conquered the unconquerable.

Who's Floo?

Soleran
I get off on that feeling of being the under dog and preying on the stupidity of others. I've just always wondered why am I underestimated.

Maybe people aren't underestimating you , maybe you are overestimating your abilities?

Bardock42
I can't help it I'm like the Bermuda Triangle. Men come around me with logic and willpower and soon end up dazed and confused with their pants around their ankles with a look on their face of satisfaction knowing they've truly conquered the unconquerable.

Who's Floo?

Oh yeah baby....

It's peanut butter lyrics time...

Been Dazed and Confused for so long it's not true.
Wanted a woman, never bargained for you.
Lots of people talk and few of them know,
soul of a woman was created below.

Hmm..cut the rest...

Floo..well...Floo is.....special......to me.....and the Eskimo camera....

Originally posted by Soleran
Maybe people aren't underestimating you , maybe you are overestimating your abilities?

And, ouch ...I wish I had thought of it...

LethalFemme
Originally posted by Pandemoniac
You can get misinterpreted so swift by even the best of friends.
I once had this comical alter ego dubbed 'The Primal'. I climbed up in anything I could, voting weird noises and went hopping around like Clyde on speed. Many found it very entertaining but I genuinely scared some of my close friends, who thought I went really insane and was a danger to them.
So yeah, don't hold back who you really are, but try not not let certain aspects of that surface indiscreetly.

Whoa

I never go around assuming that on a daily basis. And that would be completely impossible from the reactions I get.

Pandemoniac

Who's Floo?

Might have to hop in to the nearest phonebooth and change in to The Primal once more!

Soleran
I never go around assuming that on a daily basis.

Or perhaps to the best of your knowledge you don't. It's just that in my experience people who tend to be "underrated" consistantly, um, normally are. I'm not saying you are, but if people feel that way maybe there is a reason?

LethalFemme
Or perhaps to the best of your knowledge you don't. It's just that in my experience people who tend to be "underrated" consistantly, um, normally are. I'm not saying you are, but if people feel that way maybe there is a reason?

I know the reason it's because I don't go around stating the obvious, dispensing my opinion like like some know it all arsehole or acting like I care in general. Then when I finally say something that does people admit they thought I was incapable of doing so.

Soleran
I know the reason it's because I don't go around stating the obvious, dispensing my opinion like like some know it all arsehole or acting like I care in general. Then when I finally say something that does people admit they thought I was incapable of doing so.

Sounds good, you seem like a funny girl with plenty of wit, have fun with it!

LethalFemme
Sounds good, you seem like a funny girl with plenty of wit, have fun with it!

Thank I appreciate your contribution to my thread.happy

Bardock42
Thank I appreciate your contribution to my thread.happy

Self centered witch....

LethalFemme
Self centered witch....

You say self centered. I say confident.

Mindship
...I've just always wondered why am I underestimated.

It's a reflection of their own insecurities.

LethalFemme
It's a reflection of their own insecurities.

You're so wise.yes

but, seriously that is a valid point.

Mindship
You're so wise.yes
You are smart wink

but, seriously that is a valid point.
A basic law of psychology: people want other people to feel how they themselves feel. Someone who seems to "have it all" (in this case, looks and wit), sends others' self-doubt into high gear. So they look to even the playing field by making negative, self-rescuing assumptions about the other person ("Well, if she's good-looking, she can't be too bright"wink.

I think it's sometimes called the Angelina Jolie Response. stick out tongue

Soleran
You are smart wink

A basic law of psychology: people want other people to feel how they themselves feel. Someone who seems to "have it all" (in this case, looks and wit), sends others' self-doubt into high gear. So they look to even the playing field by making negative, self-rescuing assumptions about the other person ("Well, if she's good-looking, she can't be too bright"wink.

Do you charge hourly for this? stick out tongue If so put out a tip jar!

Mindship
Do you charge hourly for this? stick out tongue If so put out a tip jar!

It's the best I could do on short notice.

debbiejo
Of course people can be themselves, most are just afraid to.

LethalFemme
You are smart wink

I wouldn't mind laying on your couch. Thanks for the pep talk.

.:Space Opera:.
i wouldnt mind laying on angelina jolie's couch Happy Dance laughing out loud smokin'

LethalFemme
Originally posted by .messedpace Opera:.
i wouldnt mind laying on angelina jolie's couch Happy Dance laughing out loud smokin'

That's so weird cause I was just thinking of a reason to tell you to leave. Now go.mhm

tongue12

Mindship
Thanks for the pep talk.

smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.