Marka Ragnos versus DN Luke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zephiel7
Who wins?

I say Ragnos.

He was feared by Ludo Kressh and Naga Sadow, two very powerful Sith Lords of the past. Sadow was known for conjuring massive illusions and also his greatest feat was triggering the explosion of a star. We see Exar Kun in a VERY small time frame generate blasts of energy that tears through temple walls and blasts through ancient Sith worms (gargantuan armour plated beasts of war) with Sadow's amulets. Sadow, far more proficient in Sith alchemy than Kun, desperately feared Ragnos.

In Jedi Academy, Luke mentioned that it would take the entire Jedi order to try and fight back at Ragnos if he were ever back in full fury. He had a fabled scepter that could drain the life from multiple worlds.

He was of the ancient Sith bloodline, a race fueled with the darkside.

He was described within the context of the ancient Sith (powerful magicians and force users) as having a terrifying grasp of the darkside.

Lightsnake
Luke wins.

That magical scepter? Destroyed by a poke of a lightsaber. And Ragnos has been described as terrifying? hm, Luke was described as a storm and maelstrom of force energy, so focused and fierce he was unstoppable.

Luke's been described as the strongest force of light since ever and is a direct descendant of the force itself.

And I've seen NO proof this sycophantic claims of Ludo fearing Ragnos...when Ludo is only ever shown to love and respect him. Oh, and Luke's PADAWANS were capable of destroying bigger and tougher Sith monsters. And Sadow desperately feared Ragnos? Please, this is why he insults Ragnos to his face, behind his back and instantly goes against his direct orders.

DE Luke
God,it's the return of the Ragnos Fanboys.WTF do you guys see in someone who you know almost next to NOTHING about?!

Lightsnake
He was feared by people never even proven to be the top of the Ancient Sith Empire!

Escape81
I have to go with Lightsnake. His feats in Dark Nest, New Jedi Order, and even in Dark Empire all lead me to believe that he is more powerful than Ragnos. Of course, that's just because Ragnos's "power" is ambigious. Nothing concrete - other than fear.

For example, it isn't concrete that Ragnos could chuck a black hole, or make stars go supernova . . .

His 5000 year old spirit possessed the body of a moderately powerful Force-user (Tavion), and she was defeated by a mere "promising" student.

It took Luke's entire academy to expell Exar Kun's spirit, and it took the "all the Jedi before us", as described by Jedi Brand, to expell Palpatine's spirit.

I'd say Ragnos dies.

Sith Lord Windu
Ragnos would win as he was from the old times and on KOTOR 2, Kriea says that the sith from the old times made the jedi, and sith, from that era look like children playing with thier lightsabers. Also it took planet amounts of dark force energy to ressurect him which indicates that he must of been imensly powerful. AND he was half sith which means that he was naturally gifted with the force.

Escape81
Originally posted by Sith Lord Windu
Ragnos would win as he was from the old times and on KOTOR 2, Kriea says that the sith from the old times made the jedi, and sith, from that era look like children playing with thier lightsabers. Also it took planet amounts of dark force energy to ressurect him which indicates that he must of been imensly powerful. AND he was half sith which means that he was naturally gifted with the force.

Kreia's quote does not apply to anything subsequent of the KotoR. Especially when George Lucas says in AotC that the PT is the "golden age of the Jedi".

Xepeyon
Oh, crap, no... not another Marka vs Luke....this has to be the billionth one......

BlaxicanTroller
Marka Ragnos...

Is a little b*tch. Luke takes his pansy ass out.

Escape81
Originally posted by BlaxicanTroller
Marka Ragnos...

Is a little b*tch. Luke takes his pansy ass out.

I doubt he's a "little b*tch". Ragnos had to be pretty powerful to do what he did - but I doubt he's on the level of DN Luke.

BlaxicanTroller
Oh no I don't doubt he was powerful. I'm sure he was quite powerful. I just don't like him, lol.

Sith Lord Windu
i like luke better so hed win.

END OF THRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sin Harvest
Originally posted by Lightsnake
He was feared by people never even proven to be the top of the Ancient Sith Empire!

Hitler was feared by millions. I guess he must be a powerful fighter and warrior.

kamikz
I really don't know how Kreia got that quote. As everyone said there weren't anymore facts about the ancient sith lords and almost every tomb was empty, and they didn't live anywhere near her time. How could she have known except what other people told her? (And those people who started the rumors might have been slaves to them, those who looked up to them as almost gods).

Sith Lord Windu
Originally posted by kamikz
I really don't know how Kreia got that quote. As everyone said there weren't anymore facts about the ancient sith lords and almost every tomb was empty, and they didn't live anywhere near her time. How could she have known except what other people told her? (And those people who started the rumors might have been slaves to them, those who looked up to them as almost gods).

Have you ever played KOTOR 2?

When your on Korriban and you approach each tomb, including Marka Ragnos and Ajunta Paul, Kreia says a littlle infomation about each of the sith lords. As for where she got the infomation, she is an archeologist and studied sith relics and George Lucus would have had an big say in what the script is like, so i think its safe to say that its reliable.

kamikz
Yes I know that. But the thing she said about them being almost godly, where could she possibly have gotten that quote except from rumours?

Lightsnake
Lucas had a say in KOTOR? I doubt he know the game exists.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.