Batman vs. Ultimate Colossus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HisMajestyAC43
the dark knight

against

the russian powerhouse
(no gay jokes)

they fight in a well lit room with adamantium enforced walls. no running no hiding. no prep.

they were sleeping one day and woke to find themselves in a room with a passion to kill one another.

who takes this?

batdude123
You're joking, right? What the f**k? Colossus would smoke him.

bigbran
all of these n00bs really hate bats.

Accel
(no gay jokes)

Damn, you just sucked up all the fun we could have had with this one...

HisMajestyAC43
it really isnt a spite thread i just figured bats is way more skilled than colossus in h2h so he could potentially tire him out. doubtful, but hey you bat fans can come up with something.

but yea my vote was going to colossus.

bigbran
Originally posted by HisMajestyAC43
the russian powerhouse
laughing sick

Soleran
Batman would get drilled by the Russian powerhouse, just straight drilled I tell you!

bigbran
Originally posted by Soleran
Batman would get drilled by the Russian powerhouse, just straight drilled I tell you! laughing

Grimm22
Originally posted by batdude123

Actually im going to have to disagree wink

Ultimate Colossus is susseptable to sounds, meaning that Bats can just use some little sonar thing and he will revert to human form and then BAM bats takes him down big grin

diabloman
You're joking, right? What the f**k? Colossus would smoke him. Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance YAY FOR ONCE BATDUDE HAS THE GUTS TO SAY THAT BATMAN LOSES. WEEEE

batdude123
Originally posted by diabloman
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance YAY FOR ONCE BATDUDE HAS THE GUTS TO SAY THAT BATMAN LOSES. WEEEE

I admit when Batman is defeated you idiot. roll eyes (sarcastic)

diabloman
I admit when Batman is defeated you idiot. roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

batdude123
Originally posted by diabloman
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Coming from the person who was saying that Wolverine could beat Lobo. roll eyes (sarcastic)

diabloman
Coming from the person who was saying that Wolverine could beat Lobo. roll eyes (sarcastic) wolverine wins big grin

The Pict
if this was in a different setting batman would take it like 8/10 probably. but in a room with no where to go gives the russian powerhouse (hahaha) a better chance. unless of course batman has some sort of sonar device like Grim22 said. if he does then its night night for the russian.

MrHeavySilence
Batman would get drilled by the Russian powerhouse, just straight drilled I tell you!

laughing

xmarksthespot
You're joking, right? What the f**k? Colossus would smoke him. Literally or metaphorically? shifty

MrHeavySilence
Originally posted by Grimm22

Ultimate Colossus is susseptable to sounds, meaning that Bats can just use some little sonar thing and he will revert to human form and then BAM bats takes him down big grin

Scans!

Decay
if this was 616 colossus id say batman has no chance, but ultimate colossus has a huge weakness in his eyes, their still vunerable to the same damage as a normal persons (im pretty sure thats the case). with batmans accuracy and the amount of took he has i could see him winning, as long as he didnt try and head to head.

i think this is the first time ive actually argued for batman, but id give it to him the majority, colossus isnt an overly skilled fighter, all he has going for him is strength, hes heavy and slow, not really very tactical. the only things hes better in are strength and duribility, i think batman is fast and skilled enough to avoid contact until he can exploit the big weakness colossus has.

if that doesnt work batman always has his fairly lean body covered in form fitting spandex he could use to distract colossus.

Metalmanx

Nope. That's not how Ultimate Colossus works. Unlike 616 Colossus, when Ult. Colossus is knocked out, he REMAINS in whatever form he was in when he was KOed. It happened in Ultimate X-Men Volume #4, for example. He was knocked out, but managed to transform before passing out completely. So he was KOed, but still all steel-like.

So, Bats can try all he wants. Colossus will stay Colossus.

And Ultimate Colosuss (especially) has more endurance and heart than even 616 I think. The steel-man was able to WALK THROUGH MAGNETO'S POWERS. Mags was trying hard to hold him down, especially when he kept getting closer. He tried harder and harder, but Colossus just forced his way through and socked him. So, I don't see why he can't just push through the pain and force his way through the sonic blast to get to Batman. It's not like it'd be the first time he's fought through severe (and worse) pain.

Ultimate Colossus for the win.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Decay
if this was 616 colossus id say batman has no chance, but ultimate colossus has a huge weakness in his eyes, their still vunerable to the same damage as a normal persons (im pretty sure thats the case). with batmans accuracy and the amount of took he has i could see him winning, as long as he didnt try and head to head.

i think this is the first time ive actually argued for batman, but id give it to him the majority, colossus isnt an overly skilled fighter, all he has going for him is strength, hes heavy and slow, not really very tactical. the only things hes better in are strength and duribility, i think batman is fast and skilled enough to avoid contact until he can exploit the big weakness colossus has.

if that doesnt work batman always has his fairly lean body covered in form fitting spandex he could use to distract colossus.

Colossus is:

-By no means slow, he's actually faster than a peak human, in level 3 of super-speed, in both reflexes AND speed.
-Surprisingly tactical, he doesn't just charge into fights everytime the way most powerhouses do.

That eye thing really needs to be retconned. Colossus dove to the BOTTOM OF THE DAMN OCEAN and carried a gi-normous submarine back up to shore. If he had normal eyes, they would've imploded from the sheer pressure of this task. Wait, I have another example. He also took a direct, localized nuclear blast. Tell me, what happens to eyes that are in range of a nuclear blast? They melt. Colossus's eyes didn't melt. I can't believe they went and did that to him, it's such bull and completely contradicts his previous feats. And that was only brought out in the Ultimate Galactus arc, right? Is that cannon to Ultimate?

Even still, his eyes are small. I don't think Bats will have the chance to do that to him before he gets stomped. Especially since Colossus's endurance and stamina is FAR superior to Batman's (nigh-limitless, for all intents and purposes).

nimrod009
Originally posted by Metalmanx

The steel-man was able to WALK THROUGH MAGNETO'S POWERS. Mags was trying hard to hold him down, especially when he kept getting closer. He tried harder and harder, but Colossus just forced his way through and socked him.

I agree Ultimate Colossus beats Batman, with ease, but my god that was bullcrap. Colossus walking through Magneto's powers? What a joke! sad

ThePittman
Bat Soup!!!

Metalmanx
Originally posted by nimrod009
I agree Ultimate Colossus beats Batman, with ease, but my god that was bullcrap. Colossus walking through Magneto's powers? What a joke! sad

I kinda see it both ways really.

1. Yea. He shouldn't have been able to, being he was going up against Magneto and all. Being made of metal should've instantly been his downfall here.

But.

2. It showed both just how damn strong he is as well as his sheer determination and passion for his loved ones. I mean, he had no chance against someone like Magneto. He was alreay pushed to his limits with nothing left to give. But, by sheer force of will and determination, he somehow gave more than he had, breaking past his limits to save Wolverine. You've seen even how 616 Colossus gets when one of his loved ones is in danger. He's a damn beast, a runaway train that is not going to be stopped.

Grimm22
Nope. That's not how Ultimate Colossus works. Unlike 616 Colossus, when Ult. Colossus is knocked out, he REMAINS in whatever form he was in when he was KOed. It happened in Ultimate X-Men Volume #4, for example. He was knocked out, but managed to transform before passing out completely. So he was KOed, but still all steel-like.

And Ultimate Colosuss (especially) has more endurance and heart than even 616 I think. The steel-man was able to WALK THROUGH MAGNETO'S POWERS. Mags was trying hard to hold him down, especially when he kept getting closer. He tried harder and harder, but Colossus just forced his way through and socked him. So, I don't see why he can't just push through the pain and force his way through the sonic blast to get to Batman. It's not like it'd be the first time he's fought through severe (and worse) pain.

Read Vol. 11 of Ultimate X-men wink

Arcade used a sonic device that forced Colossus to revert back to his human form

Metalmanx
Read Vol. 11 of Ultimate X-men wink

Arcade used a sonic device that forced Colossus to revert back to his human form

I have it. Thanks for reminding me. In fact, I have all the volumes of Ultimate X-Men.

Even though it happened, that contradicts both Colossus's bio and his previous feats, which is weird.

JohnnyDo3
one flick in colossus's finger and batman is a goner

H. S. 6

You just gained a lot of respect from me. stick out tongue

As said many times in this thread, Colossus completely and utterly overpowers Bats.

And by the way, does Batman usually carry around a specific sonic device that he could use on Colossus to revert him back to his human form? Because I don't usually see him using that. What the f**k?

You also have to remember that Colossus is bloodlusted. He charges at Batman, there's nothing Bruce is going to be able to do (not to undermine Batman's speed, but as I understand it, Colossus has superhuman speed and reflexes).

Rewmac
Yeah Colossus would take Batman down...Batman wthout prep isn't going to work. And still with prep he needs to know what Colossus's weaknesses are and for that you need fight where Batman dies...So yeah. Colossus can take him out of the game.

Grimm22
I have it. Thanks for reminding me. In fact, I have all the volumes of Ultimate X-Men.

Even though it happened, that contradicts both Colossus's bio and his previous feats, which is weird.

Not really considering that Ultimate Colossus has a lot more weaknesses than 616 Colossus does (Ex: Eyes, Ears)

bigbran
Not really considering that Ultimate Colossus has a lot more weaknesses than 616 Colossus does (Ex: Eyes, Ears) mouth and nose. laughing laughing laughing laughing

The Pict

wrong when Arcade used a sonar device on him colossus turned back into normal form, while STILL awake.
oops just noticed that this was rectified above, sorry.

plus when has ultimate colossus shown to be above peak speed and have faster reflexes?

King KAM
You're joking, right? What the f**k? Colossus would smoke him. o yeah....he'd smoke something....

most likely his pole.

MrHeavySilence
Originally posted by H. S. 6
You just gained a lot of respect from me. stick out tongue

As said many times in this thread, Colossus completely and utterly overpowers Bats.

And by the way, does Batman usually carry around a specific sonic device that he could use on Colossus to revert him back to his human form? Because I don't usually see him using that. What the f**k?

He shows that he keeps it with him in Legends Of The Dark Knight: 205 or 206.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by MrHeavySilence
He shows that he keeps it with him in Legends Of The Dark Knight: 205 or 206.

But the thing is, how would Batman know what frequency? I mean, he can throw sonics at Colossus all he wants, but it they're not the specific frequency, all they're going to do is annoy Colossus. And well, an annoyed Colossus = dead Batman.

The Pict
But the thing is, how would Batman know what frequency? I mean, he can throw sonics at Colossus all he wants, but it they're not the specific frequency, all they're going to do is annoy Colossus. And well, an annoyed Colossus = dead Batman.

no the sonics go in the ear and because colossus is metal it reverberates through his skull, just like arcade says.

Juntai
But the thing is, how would Batman know what frequency? I mean, he can throw sonics at Colossus all he wants, but it they're not the specific frequency, all they're going to do is annoy Colossus. And well, an annoyed Colossus = dead Batman. He stumped up Superman with a sonic device, as well as several other high end characters. Arguing frequency sounds kinda lame especailly when it's probably not noted in either Batman's use of them, or in Collosus' being taken out by them. This IS an attack quickly used by Batman, it will gather him some wins in the confrontation.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Juntai
He stumped up Superman with a sonic device, as well as several other high end characters. Arguing frequency sounds kinda lame especailly when it's probably not noted in either Batman's use of them, or in Collosus' being taken out by them. This IS an attack quickly used by Batman, it will gather him some wins in the confrontation.

I suppose you could see it that way. But then you have to wonder what feats to believe on Colossus's part. He's been knocked out before, and stayed transformed. Then Arcade hits him with a sonic device, he reverts back to human and then passes out. Just seems weird compared to all the other punishment he's taken before and didn't have to transform back.

I still believe Colossus wins the majority here.

Juntai
I suppose you could see it that way. But then you have to wonder what feats to believe on Colossus's part. He's been knocked out before, and stayed transformed. Then Arcade hits him with a sonic device, he reverts back to human and then passes out. Just seems weird compared to all the other punishment he's taken before and didn't have to transform back.

I still believe Colossus wins the majority here. Well, say they were to fight ten times, and each time they completely forgot their last confratation... Batman won't come up with the sonic device or another thing everytime believably... so I also believe Collosus would take the majority. Bat's CAN win, as he can against most opponents, but without prep he's at a loss here, and the likelyhood for winning slides drastically... 2-4/10 Batman.

The Pict

I still believe Colossus wins the majority here.

colossus still wins majority, but i think we have a misunderstanding about the sonic devices. he doesn't hit colossus with it. he holds it himself as colossus picks him up and it emits the noise that, because colossus ear canals are metal, reverberates around his skull. this causes colossus alot of pain. so this is why i think he loses metal form, he can't concentrate. and he doesn't pass out, he falls to his knees, hand over ears moaning.

Metalmanx
Well, say they were to fight ten times, and each time they completely forgot their last confratation... Batman won't come up with the sonic device or another thing everytime believably... so I also believe Collosus would take the majority. Bat's CAN win, as he can against most opponents, but without prep he's at a loss here, and the likelyhood for winning slides drastically... 2-4/10 Batman.

I'll go with that, that makes sense if his sonics work the same way Arcade's do. But yea, I'll agree with that score.

MrHeavySilence

no expression

MrHeavySilence
http://img414.imageshack.us/img414/8437/legendsofthedarkknight205pg037.jpg

Here's the scan by the way.

I think 6/10 for Colossus sounds about right.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by MrHeavySilence
http://img414.imageshack.us/img414/8437/legendsofthedarkknight205pg037.jpg

Here's the scan by the way.

I think 6/10 for Colossus sounds about right. Where was that scan in the DareDevil/Batman debate.

This fight depends on the circumstances. If Bats knows Colossus' weaknesses then he wins the majority. If he does not then Colossus wins the majority.

Accel
And what would his weakness be?

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Accel
And what would his weakness be? Sonics, eyes, etc.

A.J
Batman would get drilled by the Russian powerhouse, just straight drilled I tell you! laughing laughing laughing funny as f'uck

batdude123
Colossus takes this match here 6-7/10.

snoopdogg
Actually I don't even know if Colossus' eyes are a weakness. Sure Falcon put him down with a eye poke but I think that may have been some bad writing. He's survived nukes, the ocean floor and other things but yet a street level dude puts him down with a poke to the eye?

H2h Batman has a slim chance. His only chance is his sonic attack. All other weapons in his belt would be useless unless Batman has a lazer in his belt also.

The Pict
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Actually I don't even know if Colossus' eyes are a weakness. Sure Falcon put him down with a eye poke but I think that may have been some bad writing. He's survived nukes, the ocean floor and other things but yet a street level dude puts him down with a poke to the eye?

H2h Batman has a slim chance. His only chance is his sonic attack. All other weapons in his belt would be useless unless Batman has a lazer in his belt also.

when did he get nuked? and this is ultimate colossus so there may be a bit of a difference.

MrHeavySilence

Laser Torch?

Metalmanx
Colossus is:

-By no means slow, he's actually faster than a peak human, in level 3 of super-speed, in both reflexes AND speed.
-Surprisingly tactical, he doesn't just charge into fights everytime the way most powerhouses do.

That eye thing really needs to be retconned. Colossus dove to the BOTTOM OF THE DAMN OCEAN and carried a gi-normous submarine back up to shore. If he had normal eyes, they would've imploded from the sheer pressure of this task. Wait, I have another example. He also took a direct, localized nuclear blast. Tell me, what happens to eyes that are in range of a nuclear blast? They melt. Colossus's eyes didn't melt. I can't believe they went and did that to him, it's such bull and completely contradicts his previous feats. And that was only brought out in the Ultimate Galactus arc, right? Is that cannon to Ultimate?

Even still, his eyes are small. I don't think Bats will have the chance to do that to him before he gets stomped. Especially since Colossus's endurance and stamina is FAR superior to Batman's (nigh-limitless, for all intents and purposes).

snoopdogg
Originally posted by The Pict
when did he get nuked? and this is ultimate colossus so there may be a bit of a difference. You havn't seen this pic?

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/ColossuandThor2.jpg

The Pict
You havn't seen this pic?

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/ColossuandThor2.jpg

yeah i have that volume, but that was a mini nuke.........................................................................................................................yeah mini nuke was the best i could come up with.

Rewmac
Ultimate Colossus can take out Batman surely. The thing is he can stop a 300-320 tons express train at full speed without moving, just stopping or bringing up a big ass submarine a K-141 which is truly over a 100 tons it's displacement 16,000 tons (not weight it's water displacement). His reflexes and movement isn't slow either, not super-speed but good reflexes...We can also talk about some fighting skill too...

HisMajestyAC43
about the whole eyes thing, maybe his eyes aren't steel, which is debatable since he did go to the bottom of the ocean and survive a mini nuke without any damage to them, but even if they aren't steel, his eyelids are. batman throws something at him, i'm pretty sure his first reflex would be to close his eyes, as is the reflex of almost any animal or human with eyes... so although its plausible that something hits him in the eyes, as stupid as that is, its extremely unlikely unless its coming at high speed without warning. and the supersonic ear pain thing... only works when he is in metal form and it can reverberate in his skull, and it has to be set to a specific frequency. so if by any chance its at the right frequency and does hurt colossus im sure colossus is capable of turning back human and holding his own for at least enough time to disarm batman or at least get him to stop buzzing the thing, and turn back.

just my opinion about those two "weaknesses".

other than that, even though he is experiencing pain colossus has fought through it in the past, ahem MAGNETO. so the pain will not necessarily stop him from charging over there and putting batman's imprint in the adamantium enforced wall. smile

H. S. 6
Where was that scan in the DareDevil/Batman debate.

This fight depends on the circumstances. If Bats knows Colossus' weaknesses then he wins the majority. If he does not then Colossus wins the majority.

But Bats wouldn't know his weaknesses (mainly his ears), because that would be/require some sort of prep.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by HisMajestyAC43
about the whole eyes thing, maybe his eyes aren't steel, which is debatable since he did go to the bottom of the ocean and survive a mini nuke without any damage to them, but even if they aren't steel, his eyelids are. batman throws something at him, i'm pretty sure his first reflex would be to close his eyes, as is the reflex of almost any animal or human with eyes... so although its plausible that something hits him in the eyes, as stupid as that is, its extremely unlikely unless its coming at high speed without warning. and the supersonic ear pain thing... only works when he is in metal form and it can reverberate in his skull, and it has to be set to a specific frequency. so if by any chance its at the right frequency and does hurt colossus im sure colossus is capable of turning back human and holding his own for at least enough time to disarm batman or at least get him to stop buzzing the thing, and turn back.

just my opinion about those two "weaknesses".

other than that, even though he is experiencing pain colossus has fought through it in the past, ahem MAGNETO. so the pain will not necessarily stop him from charging over there and putting batman's imprint in the adamantium enforced wall. smile

Exactly.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by H. S. 6
But Bats wouldn't know his weaknesses (mainly his ears), because that would be/require some sort of prep.

And exactly again.

Juntai
And exactly again. Greatest detective. That's what would afford him the aforementioned wins. Finding and exploiting weakness in ample time.

H. S. 6
Greatest detective. That's what would afford him the aforementioned wins. Finding and exploiting weakness in ample time.

That's hardly an argument. You're assuming he's going to find out that his ears are weak to certain sonic waves before Colossus can lay a hit on him? roll eyes (sarcastic)

That's a bit of a stretch.

I'd say Bats gets 3 wins at the most. More likely 1 or 2 out of 10.

DarkCrawler
I say 1/10. That one win coming from if Colossus just stands there letting Batman throw anything he has in his belt at him. The other matches go like this: Colossus punches the shit out of Batman/Colossus tackles Batman to the wall/Colossus thunderclaps Batman.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
I say 1/10. That one win coming from if Colossus just stands there letting Batman throw anything he has in his belt at him. The other matches go like this: Colossus punches the shit out of Batman/Colossus tackles Batman to the wall/Colossus thunderclaps Batman.

thumb up

Metalmanx
Originally posted by DarkCrawler

Yep. yes

mighty adam
Batman would get drilled by the Russian powerhouse, just straight drilled I tell you! yes drilled hard and deep!!!!!!!!!!! big grin big grin big grin laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.