Captain America vs. Black Canary

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

backspace
Debate

batdude123
Canary Cry. Captain America's ear drums explode.

UniOmni
Knowing Marvel, the shield can probably nullify sound. I'll check up on it.

backspace
Does the vibranium in cap's shield absorb sound? Does he even have vibranium in it?

batdude123
Originally posted by UniOmni
Knowing Marvel, the shield can probably nullify sound. I'll check up on it.

Probably. roll eyes (sarcastic) Although, if they end up in a h2h match, she could handle him until he overwhelms her, then while they lock up she just screams and BAM!!! Ear drums explode.

D-Block
Originally posted by batdude123
Probably. roll eyes (sarcastic) Although, if they lock up in a h2h match, she could handle him until he overwhelms her, then while they lock up she just screams and BAM!!! Ear drums explode.
Co-signed

Juntai
Currently she could easily give Cap a run even in plain old hand to hand, she's approaching Shiva's level, since she's been training with Mother in Birds of Prey, and apperently has been since the one year skip sometime.. Add in the Canary cry, and Cap's chances get even worse.

backspace
Crap! I forgot to search to see if this thread already happened and now i see it did. Sorry about that guys.

King KAM
Shiva cant hang with Cap in h2h. He'd make quick work of canary, in the h2h department. And as for the scream, 1 12-pound shield going about 800miles per hour to the throat should be able to stop that.

Apolloknight
Originally posted by King KAM
Shiva cant hang with Cap in h2h. He'd make quick work of canary, in the h2h department. And as for the scream, 1 12-pound shield going about 800miles per hour to the throat should be able to stop that.

A peak Human can throw his shield 800mph, what scan was this in?

Psyquis52
Originally posted by Apolloknight
A peak Human can throw his shield 800mph, what scan was this in?

I've seen Cap throw a shield that caught up to a missile.

Juntai
Sounds like PIS.

King KAM
Originally posted by Apolloknight
A peak Human can throw his shield 800mph, what scan was this in? you dont know much bout cap, but how bout we pick the one where he catches up to a rocket with it....

http://img500.imageshack.us/my.php?image=captainamericav327p097zm.jpg
there ya go kiddoe.

King KAM
Originally posted by Psyquis52
I've seen Cap throw a shield that caught up to a missile. thanks for backing me up while i searched for the scan

Grimm22
Probably. roll eyes (sarcastic) Although, if they end up in a h2h match, she could handle him until he overwhelms her, then while they lock up she just screams and BAM!!! Ear drums explode.

Um, Vibranium absorbs sound no expression

Thats why BP trumps Klaw big grin

I like Canary she's a great character, but I cant see her winning this erm

batdude123
Originally posted by Grimm22
Um, Vibranium absorbs sound no expression

Thats why BP trumps Klaw big grin

I like Canary she's a great character, but I cant see her winning this erm

If they are engaged in a h2h fight, he won't have the shield up to his ear. wink

Grimm22
If they are engaged in a h2h fight, he won't have the shield up to his ear. wink

Um he just has to put it up near his head no expression

batdude123
Um he just has to put it up near his head no expression

Um, he wouldn't have enough time before his ear drums shattered. no expression

Grimm22
Um, he wouldn't have enough time before his ear drums shattered. no expression

He would hear he take the deep breath she needs no expression

This gives him to time to block the scream then when shes done cap sheild smacks her big grin

batdude123

This gives him to time to block the scream then when shes done cap sheild smacks her big grin

no expression

Me>>>>>>>You

xmarksthespot
you dont know much bout cap, but how bout we pick the one where he catches up to a rocket with it....

http://img500.imageshack.us/my.php?image=captainamericav327p097zm.jpg
there ya go kiddoe. no expression God, I hate Marvel sometimes.

huh He isn't even in a follow-through position from the movement that would be required. It's drawn as if he threw it like a baseball.

srankmissingnin
If you threw anything like that it would hit the ground two feat in front of you...

Oh, if Captain America and Black Canary end up in melee his SHIELD wouldn't mater at all since she will have crushed larynx 2 seconds into the fight. Thats what happens with you fight someone who has decades of combat experience on you is an exponentially greater combatant who aslo happens to be ten times stronger and much faster then you are.

MrHeavySilence

He probably wouldn't think nothing of it, though. Tons of martial arts breath in deeply when they're about to fight. Plus, he doesn't know that much about her other than that she has high decibel attacks. I mean, Black Bolt doesn't even say a word when he does it; his first impression might be: hmm..her powers probably work like Black Bolt. So, when the deep breathing comes, he'll just ignore it.

Anyway, I think this is a double knock-out. The scream explodes Captain's eye sockets while the shield cuts Black Canary's head off.

batdude123
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
If you threw anything like that it would hit the ground two feat in front of you...

Oh, if Captain America and Black Canary end up in melee his SHIELD wouldn't mater at all since she will have crushed larynx 2 seconds into the fight. Thats what happens with you fight someone who has decades of combat experience on you is an exponentially greater combatant who aslo happens to be ten times stronger and much faster then you are.

It wouldn't be as easy as you are saying my friend. Black Canary is reaching Lady Shiva levels right now in terms of martial arts ability (read "Birds of Prey). She is only BARELY below Lady Shiva, and would give Cap a pretty good fight for about a couple of minutes. Once she gets tired of h2h, they lock up and she would scream in his ear.

Tron
Originally posted by MrHeavySilence
He probably wouldn't think nothing of it, though. Tons of martial arts breath in deeply when they're about to fight. Plus, he doesn't know that much about her other than that she has high decibel attacks. I mean, Black Bolt doesn't even say a word when he does it; his first impression might be: hmm..her powers probably work like Black Bolt. So, when the deep breathing comes, he'll just ignore it.

Anyway, I think this is a double knock-out. The scream explodes Captain's eye sockets while the shield cuts Black Canary's head off.

Don't forget forum rules. They each have common knowledge of one another.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by MrHeavySilence

Anyway, I think this is a double knock-out. The scream explodes Captain's eye sockets while the shield cuts Black Canary's head off. She doesn't need to use the Canary Cry. Captain America bursts his own airdrums and knocks himself out by generating a sonic boom when he throws the shield at 800 mph... shifty

srankmissingnin
It wouldn't be as easy as you are saying my friend. Black Canary is reaching Lady Shiva levels right now in terms of martial arts ability (read "Birds of Prey). She is only BARELY below Lady Shiva, and would give Cap a pretty good fight for about a couple of minutes. Once she gets tired of h2h, they lock up and she would scream in his ear.

I do read Birds of Prey (Promethus pawned Shiva!!!!) and I know that Black Canary is vastly improving but she isn't on the level of Shiva yet nor is she as close as you seem to think.

King KAM
Originally posted by Tron
Don't forget forum rules. They each have common knowledge of one another. OWNAGE!

Tron
OWNAGE!

Hey now, it wasn't ownage, just reminding him, that's all.

King KAM
Originally posted by Tron
Hey now, it wasn't ownage, just reminding him, that's all. your just being modest,now I know what owning looks like. and that was it.

Devil Lance
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I do read Birds of Prey (Promethus pawned Shiva!!!!) and I know that Black Canary is vastly improving but she isn't on the level of Shiva yet nor is she as close as you seem to think.
Dude she took out a whole army by herself how is that not vlose to shiva level What the f**k?
canary is eaisly one of the top six martial artist in DC as of now not counting Karate Kid

bigbran
It wouldn't be as easy as you are saying my friend. Black Canary is reaching Lady Shiva levels right now in terms of martial arts ability (read "Birds of Prey). She is only BARELY below Lady Shiva, and would give Cap a pretty good fight for about a couple of minutes. Once she gets tired of h2h, they lock up and she would scream in his ear. so thanos was just below odin when they fought what 20- 30 years ago, he got two powerups and people wont let him be skyfather.
anyways, back on topic, i think if cap hit her once hard in the head with his sheild, shes out.

bigbran
and does she use her cry all the time? if not, why would she use it now, and its not like cap isnt unarmed, or doesnt have a 5 agility or anything.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.