Gargoyles

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Black Adam
So anyone read the first issue that came out?

somehow i got this gut feeling that i'm the only one who knew or even cares that their getting a comic book after almost 10 years..

http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/4150/gargoyles5iw.th.jpg

but yeah it was alright... bit of a set up issue but then you would need one if it was 10 years after the show ended.

it takes place right after hunters moon ep. it ignores the third season(the Goliath chronicles).

art was nice. looked a lot like the art they used on the show.

ScarletSpider
You are not the only one. I picked up Season 2 recently on DVD and was amazed how well it stood the test of time, the episodes are still infinitely enjoyable and tell a great story. Usually I find with stuff like that, I remember it as being a lot better than it is, not with Gargoyles.

A week after I bought it, I saw an add on Newsarama about this series and checked it out. Like you said, a little slow to start, but lots of promise. Glad to get more Gargoyles stories.

Psyquis52
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
You are not the only one. I picked up Season 2 recently on DVD and was amazed how well it stood the test of time, the episodes are still infinitely enjoyable and tell a great story. Usually I find with stuff like that, I remember it as being a lot better than it is, not with Gargoyles.

A week after I bought it, I saw an add on Newsarama about this series and checked it out. Like you said, a little slow to start, but lots of promise. Glad to get more Gargoyles stories.

I have Season 1 and the first part of Season 2. I'm certain you'll find, ScarletSpider, that you probably only one the first part of Season 2 because I believe that's all that's out right now. In actuallity Season 2 for the Gargoyles had something in the area of 50 episodes. They plan on coming out with the second half of season 2 sometime this fall I believe.

The comic book looks good enough but I'm curious if they will incorporate the mythos as well as the first two seasons did or if they'll go ballistic like in season 3 that sucked.

ScarletSpider
Yeah, I have Season 2 Volume 1, since the second season had some ridiculous number of episodes in it, 52 I think it was.

Still good stuff. And the comics being written by the Greg Weisman the creator who had a lot of extra stories he wanted to tell but never got around to it. I think it should be good.

Mindship
I don't know how the comics are, but I thought the tv show was excellently done...until they started going off on obscure tangents.

Tallis
Wait this is a NEW comic for gargoyles???

I remember watching the episodes on tv it was a great show. And some of the animation Especially during the Hunters Moon arc. was extremely smooth and natural, and the flow of the animation is actually better than most things I see on tv today. In fact the liquid like animation and was so smooth it could be compared to the fight scenes in Naruto.

Anyway Please post scans. I really want to see what it's all about.

Black Adam
Originally posted by Tallis
Wait this is a NEW comic for gargoyles???

I remember watching the episodes on tv it was a great show. And some of the animation Especially during the Hunters Moon arc. was extremely smooth and natural, and the flow of the animation is actually better than most things I see on tv today. In fact the liquid like animation and was so smooth it could be compared to the fight scenes in Naruto.

Anyway Please post scans. I really want to see what it's all about.

I have no scanner sad

Tallis
DAMN!!!

CAn you describe what happens

Black Adam
Originally posted by Tallis
DAMN!!!

CAn you describe what happens

i'll go into detail tomorrow... been a long day for me and I'm about to go to sleep.

unless someone else wants to do it your going to have to wait

sorry sad

Tallis
Ok. I'm patient

Black Adam
Comic starts off with a news repost and a couple of people being interviewed on what hey think of the gargoyles.

cut to the clan watching said report on the tv in the castle. Brooklyn doesn't trust xanatos and think he's just gearing up for another scheme

Goliath responds with " are you suggesting we leave? Where would you have us go?"

He doesn't seem to be in good mood at the moment and flies off to see Elisa.

On the way over he is shot at by some random civilian. he runs out of bullets and the quickly goes back inside from his window. he thinks he has scared him off but then we see Goliath right above hanging outside his window. He tells him that they are not his enemies and he has nothing to be frightened of. he then takes his weapon bends the barrel then gives it back to him.

cut to Vinnie(the guy that hunted down goliath just to throw a pie in his face)
apparently he has been asked to join the quarry men. John castaway the leader of the Quarrymen makes this speech to a bunch of people which basically says that they are not alone and they should join together if there all afraid. he tells them all to take a hammer and a hood and that there Quarrymen now. he then proceeds to destroy a giant stone gargoyle with a single hit from his electric hammer.

a couple of pages later we cut to Elisa sleeping on her bed. there's a quarry men chopper circling above her window,. they have found goliath who is in stone form at the moment outside of Elisa's window.

the cut to the chopper pilots communicating with castaway. he tells them not to take any chances and that they should destroy it. castaway is suiting up to go after Goliath as well when we see him talking to vinnie. vinnie doesn't seem to think all this hammer stuff is really necessary but castaway convinces him to go along with them anyway..

cut to Elisa getting annoyed with the chopper noise when she the sees a quarry men jumping from the copter out of her window. she begins to fight with the guy and kicks his ass until she stopped by a quarrygirl who points a gun to her head.

the guy who elisa beat up is about to destroy Goliath when he notices the stone begin to crack. Goliath awakens and knocks out the two attackers and is then fired upon by the chopper above. they begin to chase him and elisa as he flies through the city.

last page ends with Goliath holding elisa in his arms with Laser fire riping a hole in his right wing.

BlaqChaos
Does anyone think that Demona's capable of being redeemed?

Black Adam
Originally posted by BlaqChaos
Does anyone think that Demona's capable of being redeemed?

I don't think so

1000 years of hate doesn't go away easily

Azure
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
Yeah, I have Season 2 Volume 1, since the second season had some ridiculous number of episodes in it, 52 I think it was.

Still good stuff. And the comics being written by the Greg Weisman the creator who had a lot of extra stories he wanted to tell but never got around to it. I think it should be good.
I met Greg Weisman...and Thom Addox Henadez (Lexington)...and Keith David (Goliath)...I attend the Gathering of the Gargoyles and there is no release date for Season 2 vo.2 because not enough people bought it (Greg told us this) and he wants everyone who knows about Gargoyles to spread the word!

Dang, that was a run-on sentence! rolling on floor laughing

Azure
Originally posted by Black Adam
Comic starts off with a news repost and a couple of people being interviewed on what hey think of the gargoyles.

cut to the clan watching said report on the tv in the castle. Brooklyn doesn't trust xanatos and think he's just gearing up for another scheme

Goliath responds with " are you suggesting we leave? Where would you have us go?"

He doesn't seem to be in good mood at the moment and flies off to see Elisa.

On the way over he is shot at by some random civilian. he runs out of bullets and the quickly goes back inside from his window. he thinks he has scared him off but then we see Goliath right above hanging outside his window. He tells him that they are not his enemies and he has nothing to be frightened of. he then takes his weapon bends the barrel then gives it back to him.

cut to Vinnie(the guy that hunted down goliath just to throw a pie in his face)
apparently he has been asked to join the quarry men. John castaway the leader of the Quarrymen makes this speech to a bunch of people which basically says that they are not alone and they should join together if there all afraid. he tells them all to take a hammer and a hood and that there Quarrymen now. he then proceeds to destroy a giant stone gargoyle with a single hit from his electric hammer.

a couple of pages later we cut to Elisa sleeping on her bed. there's a quarry men chopper circling above her window,. they have found goliath who is in stone form at the moment outside of Elisa's window.

the cut to the chopper pilots communicating with castaway. he tells them not to take any chances and that they should destroy it. castaway is suiting up to go after Goliath as well when we see him talking to vinnie. vinnie doesn't seem to think all this hammer stuff is really necessary but castaway convinces him to go along with them anyway..

cut to Elisa getting annoyed with the chopper noise when she the sees a quarry men jumping from the copter out of her window. she begins to fight with the guy and kicks his ass until she stopped by a quarrygirl who points a gun to her head.

the guy who elisa beat up is about to destroy Goliath when he notices the stone begin to crack. Goliath awakens and knocks out the two attackers and is then fired upon by the chopper above. they begin to chase him and elisa as he flies through the city.

last page ends with Goliath holding elisa in his arms with Laser fire riping a hole in his right wing. hehe, you forgot to mention the Quarrymen saying,
Quarryman: "Dirty, monster-loving, wh-"
Elisa: "Shut-up!" *punch*
laughing out loud laughing rolling on floor laughing

Tallis
Whens the next issue?

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Black Adam
So anyone read the first issue that came out?

somehow i got this gut feeling that i'm the only one who knew or even cares that their getting a comic book after almost 10 years..

http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/4150/gargoyles5iw.th.jpg

but yeah it was alright... bit of a set up issue but then you would need one if it was 10 years after the show ended.

it takes place right after hunters moon ep. it ignores the third season(the Goliath chronicles).

art was nice. looked a lot like the art they used on the show.

I liked it...Hopefully they incorporate Brooklyn and his Time Dancer story.

Originally posted by BlaqChaos
Does anyone think that Demona's capable of being redeemed? She would have been, had the t.v. show continued...She wouldn't have been the pinnacle of morality, but she wouldn't have been trying to kill humans either.

WHITEBEARD
bumps does anyone know if the comic has been canceled or is still on going?

beast1234
90s cartoons are much more better then modern day cartoons

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.