Imperial Remnant vs. Rebel Alliance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Escape81
Hmm . . . this hasn't been done before, and I always wondered how the New Jedi Order Imperial Remnant would compare against the Rebel Alliance - considering how the Empire and the Alliance effectively ended up switching positions in terms of power.

Note: This is not the New Republic. The Rebel Alliance has the forces it had at the time of A New Hope.

Note: This is the Imperial Remnant at the time of The Hand of Thrawn trilogy - numbering the Imperial Star Destroyers at around 200.

Escape81
As for me, I really don't know . . .

The Empire no longer has (to my knowledge) the sheer numbers to defeat the Rebel Alliance as of A New Hope - but their technology remains superior.

Eeehh . . . would it even be close at all?

Cyric Blackstar
They have Thrawn... raver

Razielim
Uh, wasn't the entire Rebel Fleet at Yavin?

Yeah I don't think it's close at all.

Escape81
Originally posted by Razielim
Uh, wasn't the entire Rebel Fleet at Yavin?

Yeah I don't think it's close at all.

No. Just 26 X-wings.

Escape81
Originally posted by Cyric Blackstar
They have Thrawn... raver

Thrawn's dead by the time of The Hand of Thrawn trilogy. They have Gilad Pellaeon.

Razielim
I'm pretty sure that was it. The Rebel Alliance gained a lot of ground after their victory at Yavin and became a respectable force by the time of ESB.

But by ANH? I... don't think they were that big.

And at this point, the Rebel Alliance consisted of freaking teenagers. I don't think they could do much harm in a serious battle.

Escape81
I'm pretty sure that was it. The Rebel Alliance gained a lot of ground after their victory at Yavin and became a respectable force by the time of ESB.

But by ANH? I... don't think they were that big.

And at this point, the Rebel Alliance consisted of freaking teenagers. I don't think they could do much harm in a serious battle.

I don't even think that when they launched an all out assault on the Death Star II did they bring their entire force. Most likely the biggest fleet - or most of it, but not all.

The Endor-fiasco cost the Alliance twenty percent of its entire starfleet.

Escape81

I dunno.

The reason they sent "just the X-Wings" is because, according to Dodonna, "The Empire doesn't consider them a threat".

Razielim
Hm, maybe they had those big Mon Calimari cruisers, but even they are smaller than ISDs.

Still, an average ISD holds 1000 TIEs. They basically have 200,000 TIEs ready to zerg to rebels.

Razielim
Yeah, I don't see a bunch of pimple-faced teenagers beating the Galactic Empire; Remnant or not, Thrawn or Pallaeon (Who should be dead by now).

Escape81
Yeah, I don't see a bunch of pimple-faced teenagers beating the Galactic Empire; Remnant or not, Thrawn or Pallaeon (Who should be dead by now).

Pellaeon pwns. Even though he's like . . . Dooku's age.

BlaxicanTroller
Yeah he was my favourite character of the Thrawn Sagas...

Captain REX
The entire Rebel fleet was at Endor, not Yavin. But you could see a vast amount of ships, couldn't you?

Escape81
Originally posted by Captain REX
The entire Rebel fleet was at Endor, not Yavin. But you could see a vast amount of ships, couldn't you?

I was under the impression that the 26 X-Wings were only present at Yavin . . . confused

By teh way, Rex, who do you think wins?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.