Superman Returns - Favorite Scene

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NoFate007
So what was your favorite scene in the film?

I'd have to say mine would be that fast scene in the early stages of the movie where he's simply floating through Metropolis at dawn thinking and relaxing. That was magnificent, and I think one of the things that a lot of comic book films forget is that they have an opportunity to show different things about these characters - not just "he'll fight this guy here, and we'll have this love interest, and we'll throw this car this way" and so forth. There aren't many moments in these superhero films that showcase emotion like this scene I'm referring to. In less than a minute, we get a glimpse at the everyday lifestyle of Clark Kent and are not only treated to the visual delight of the dawn sky setting, but also a little exhibition of the composer's score.

What about you? What was your favorite scene?

GODOFALL1
This movie was magnificent. Very emotional. Best scene? Definitely, when he moved a continent!!!!!!!!!!!

GODOFALL1
Then again, when he was getting a physical beat down by Lex and his goons. That was cool b/c it shows you a side of Superman you just don't want to see, very emotional. Great movie.....unusual ending. Can't wait for the next.

nimbus006
Him stopping the 747 bowing jet from crashing had to be the best scene. I just want to add that Brandon Routh was excellent especially as Superman.

What an amazing movie, i saw the advanced screening at 10 last night and i'm seeing it again tonight at 7 cause i knew it would live and surpass all my expectations. And i was not disappointed; finally a comic book movie comes along which delivers in all areas. The perfect amount of action scenes, perfect amount of love scenes, perfect amount of reflection/emotional scenes, and i love how singer used religious imagery throughout the film (the obvious jesus references, and imo one of the coolest scenes is him holding up the earth mimicking atlas). All of the religious themes really make superman into an epic character, which he deserves, something that other superhero movies have been lacking. Watching this movies was like a religious experience for me (being i'm not religious). Superman returns to me is like passion of the christ for some christians. It's just that epic imo.
As for a specific scene which is my favorite, for me it's a no-brainer; {spoiler} the scene after he lifts the continent into space and is so weaken from it that he just faints and falls back down to earth. I loved it how everyone in the city is just watching him fall slowly down to earth and afterwards they take him to the hospitle. Singer made a great choice by putting this scene in the movie cause it shows Superman weakened, something we never see (unless there's kryptonite).
A lot of people don't like superman as a superhero because they feel that his powers make him completely invulnerable and therefore boring but by Singer putting this scene in the movie it humanized him and it's important to note that when i was watching this scene, everyone in the theatre (including me) was general concerned for this character (like the people up on screen). It was such an emotional scene that for the second time in the movie (the first being when he is getting beat down by lex's men) made superman "real."

This movie is the greatest movie of all time for me. I love superhero movies and this surpasses Spiderman 1 and 2 and even Batman Begins for me. My hat goes off to Bryan Singer who not only directed it but co-wrote it. Brandon routh played Superman perfectly and paid homage to Christopher Reeves as Clark Kent. I thought including James Marsden in the film was a great touch and the kid, well that's prettty self-explanatory. Kate bosworth was also great. Aight this was a really long review but i loved this movie.

NoFate007
I absolutely loved that scene too. When he was falling, it wasn't anything over the top, it was just perfect. And yeah I noticed all the imagery you're talking about too with the Atlas shot and how he's holding the car just like the first comic book cover, and the crucifix pose that he does and so forth. Excellent movie. Although in the sequel, I would love to see him fight Doomsday and actually have like a full-out battle, I thought the action in this was fantastic - especially the beat down.

I think some nod needs to be given to the musical score as well, to some extent. Even though it kind of bothered me that they used the main theme as often as they did, the new music was very fitting for each scene that it was in, and didn't overshadow the film itself but gave it nice support.

redcaped
Alright, everyone seems to have a weakness and mine probably is coming back after saying "I'm leaving" or living. This scene when he whistled the taxi reminded me of the Hulk episode having Thor doing the same thing. I don't really know if you know me but I did mention this before...I mean, the episode.

xkalybr
So many great scenes in SR, but the one that made the theatre cheer and applaud the loudest was the surprise scene of the film.

When Lois is about to be bashed by the goon and suddenly a piano comes FLYING at him and all you see is a little boy standing there looking a little surprised thinking, "did I do that?".

Didn't expect that and neither did the audience, hence their loud approval. Awesome!!!

The music rocked. Glad they keep with the original theme.

redcaped
Oh, the kid...yes of course! But why did they make him sick? Frankly, I was expecting that, simply because he was reacting like the hulk...kind of emotional and secondly they were alone...the kid/guy/Lois. I think Superman's first appearance at the stadium was actually the best for the audience.

Deathstroke
My favorite scene had to be the airplane rescue. When Lois is slammed against the wall and she sees Supes blast past the window it was pure awesomeness.

Demas
Outside of action, one of my favorite scenes was when Jason- the kid- looks up at Clark and seems to think he looks like Superman. Clark notices the kid noticing and gets uncomfortable trying to adjust his posture... and the kid starts tugging on Lois and Richard to get their attention, but before he can say anything hyperventilates and has to use his breather.

That scene was so subtle yet hilarious!

redcaped
"The Kid Starts" we always start doing things that early.

C-Dic
Originally posted by redcaped
Oh, the kid...yes of course! But why did they make him sick?

To make you think that it wasn't Superman's kid, even though it was pretty obvious from the first time he took a puff from the inhaler.

Favorite scene was the end. Not because the movie was over, (well..not entirely) just because it ended like the others, which was a nice bit of nostalgia for an old fart like me who appreciates those sort of things.

NPC
when he was helping people during the earthquake an all that debris was falling an he used his heat vision in a wide spectrum instead of it being like 2 small thin beams. Stopping all the debris while flying past without skipping a beat. Its like, I didnt know he could do that, lol.

redcaped
Yeah, the "wider range" if you tell me!

snoopdogg
Best part for me was lifting the rock island that was made out of K-nite. Plus he had a piece of K-nite stuck into his back when he did that feat also.

emporerpants
i LOVED when he was flying with lois above the city
superman: "can you hear that?" lois: "i don't hear anything"
superman: "i hear everything. you wrote that the world didn't need a savior. but everyday i hear people crying out for one."

supremthor
I loved superman returns. my fav seen was when he went into his sons room at the end was talking to him in his sleep.. it got a whol lot better when this nigga in the movies shouted " NIGGA BETTA PAY CHILD SUPPORT" I was laugthing so hard but ya i loved tha movie

Originally posted by emporerpants
i LOVED when he was flying with lois above the city
superman: "can you hear that?" lois: "i don't hear anything"
superman: "i hear everything. you wrote that the world didn't need a savior. but everyday i hear people crying out for one."

That was one of my favorite lines in the movie. It really sums up what Superman is about imo. He's the savior the world needs, not jesus, Superman.

Dr. Zaius
The ending credits.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Dr. Zaius
The ending credits.

lol

I liked the opening credits.

Dr. Zaius
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
lol

I liked the opening credits.

I stand corrected. That was actually pretty good. The rest of the movie was downhill.

systemshock2
My favorite was a quiet scene in the film. It was when it was nighttime and Lois, Clark, Jimmy, and Richard are working late at the office. Jimmy and Richard go to get some food, and there's a moment where Clark semi-turns to Lois in that manner to try and get a conversation started with her. But either he's so nervous or not sure about what to do that he doesn't, but then Lois starts the conversation with him nonetheless. I loved that look of relief on him when this happened.

And then I really liked the followup when Clark watches her in the elevator as she heads to the roof. He has such a look admiration, love, respect, and so on for her that it's heartbreaking that he's not with her.

WrathfulDwarf
All the homages to the previous Superman films.

roughrider
Aside from lifting the Kryptonite Island into space, it was when Lex is explaining his great plan to a captive Lois and her son, waving the tube of Kryptonite in the air...

...When he notices her son flinching minutely to the Kryptonite.

He stands right in front of the two of them with the Krpytonite.

Lex: "Who's that boy's father?"
Lois:...(whispers) "Richard."
Lex:...(menacing)"Are you sure...?"

The intensity went very high in the theatre, and the hairs on my arms prickled. Lex is smiling inside - Superman's child, right in front of him?

systemshock2
I just saw it again and another favorite scene of mine takes place while Superman is lifing that land. Lex passes by in his helicopter, and I just love the looks that they give one another. Lex has on a pissed look, knowing that the only man on the planet that can beat him has beaten him again, and Superman has a look like nothing, not even a Kryptonite Land mass, will stop him from beating Lex. Awesome moment.

sithsaber408
I enjoyed the flashback scenes of young Clark in Smallville, they had the same feel to them as him racing the train in Superman.

I liked him holding Kitty's mustang over his head like Action Comics #1.

The crowd cheering as he set the plane down was great!

There are many more, I will post them as I think of them.

redcaped
my favorite movie

Osaka
My favorite scene was when Superman was talking to Lois on the rooftop of the daily planet and Lois was telling him about Richard and how he is a pilot and takes her up flying. Then Superman says "not like this" and Lois looks down to see they are gently floating above the city. http://bestsmileys.com/love2/16.gif

systemshock2
Btw, does anyone know what that lines means, the one that Kitty says when they're waiting for the crystal that was dropped into the toy train set to do something. She says something to the effect of "Wow Lex, that's really something. It's like freaking Gone with the Wind." That drew a lot of laughs with the audience, but I'm like huh? Anyone know what she's meaning with that line?

Osaka
Gone with the wind is supposed to be a classic drama that wowed everybody.

chase el
my favorite scene is when superman first shows up to the plane. lois looks over to see superman and you see hope come across her face. Then the footsteps on the roof. Then Superman, in between the jet and plane, hunched down using his heat vision to seperate the 2. One of those moments in movie history that make you proud almost. And of course when he actually catches the 800 m/h free falling plane with ripples going through it and everything. So realistic. And finishing it with "I hope this doesnt stray anyone from flying. Its still statistically the safest way to travel". CLASSIC.

my favorite shot was when he was in space looking down and they show him from the front with the glow of the globe reflecting off of him and complete darkness behind him. Just liek the comics.

too many scenes!!!

systemshock2
I also really liked the scene where Superman meets Lois at the top of the Daily Planet globe. Kate Bosworth played the part perfect, a woman who feels so torn because the man that she loved left her for 5 years, and now here he is back and he's trying to reconcile with her. That scene where she says "how could you leave us like that" and "the world doesn't need a savior, and neither do I", followed by Superman's stunned look was...amazing. You could almost see Superman beaten right then and there.

It's very poetic how Superman can stop a 747 from crashing into the ground, can stop bullets from a gattling gun with ease, and yet the only thing that can truly hurt him (besides Kryptonite) is Lois.

((The_Anomaly))
My favorite scenes were

1) The "what do you hear?" "nothing..." "I hear everything, you wrote that the world doesn't need a saviour, but every day I hear people crying out for one."

2) The scene with the Mini-Gun and the "Eye bullet" shot.

3) The whole Plane crash scene was pretty damn good.

But overall I think I liked the "cosmic listing post" scene where he is hovering in space listing to the whole world, then springs into action. That scene was what Superman is all about.

My most hated scene was the hospital "rush in scene" after he lifts the island, I also was annoyed at that "Superman on the cross" fall part...as well as the young Clark in Smallville scene, as it served no purpose whatsoever.

systemshock2
One scene that I didn't like, that in fact kind of made me mad at the Richard Perry character, was when Richard and Clark are trying to access Lois' computer by typing in her password. When Clark innocently suggests Superman, Richard gives this wise-a$$ smirk to himself as if Clark had just suggested one of the stupidest ideas ever. And of course Clark was right. Man if I was Clark at that moment I probably would've used my superspeed to vaporize him and quickly blow the ashes out the window, and nobody would be the wiser lol.

redcaped
...wait for the sequel

Dreampanther
Where Superman gets his ass kicked by Luthor and his henchmen. I loved that so much I nearly came in my pants. Lex Luthor for World President! Get rid of the Alien Freak!

He's such a wimp, I wish Luthor would get bored of him and just kill him now, instead of playing with him. I know it must be a lot of fun beating the crap out of Superman, time and time and time again, but he is so stupid compared to Lex that even he must get bored of toying with Superman eventually.

I just wish they had made that scene longer. Man, what an awesome whipping. Does anybody have the pics of that from the movie? I'd love to put a photo of Lex putting the boot in to Superman on my desktop...

MattDay
nob head

roughrider
He's just surly, because the next World Cup Of Soccer - in 2010 - is headed for his country, but it's going to be taken away this year becuase SA is WAY behind it's construction timetable. big grin

Scarecrow756
My favourite scene is one near the end of the film where Superman talks to his sleeping sun and also I liked the scene when Lois says "Will you be around." And Superman replies, "I`m always around."

Soss
By far, my favorite scene was when (I believe) he flew into the clouds, got power, and then went under water and lifted the continent.

That has by far, been the single greatest strength feat I've ever seen in any superhero movie.

My second favorite was the plane scene.

redcaped
SOS

NPC
My favorite scene was when it showed him upside down looking at a reflection of himself the in window of a skyscraper. He was in the black costume an the reflection was his old red an blue costume.

Yes thats right the spiderman trailer that showed before the movie . . .

FistOfThe North
the bullet in the eye part and the airplane scene.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by NPC
My favorite scene was when it showed him upside down looking at a reflection of himself the in window of a skyscraper. He was in the black costume an the reflection was his old red an blue costume.

Yes thats right the spiderman trailer that showed before the movie . . .

Spiderman sucks

systemshock2
Oh man, how I could forget this one. Of course it's that one scene at the end of the movie when Superman's flying through space over Earth, then turns to the camera and gives his warm smile as he flies off. Awesome nod to the old movies. I'm so glad they kept that tradition with this film.

I also liked that other smiling scene of his when he sets Kitty's car down, then gives her that small smile.

I don't know what it is, but just the thought of someone so goodhearted as Superman acknowledging someone with his smile leaves such a good feeling with me. Yeah I know, I'm corny as hell =P

Dreampanther
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
Spiderman sucks

So does the new Superman

Dreampanther
Originally posted by roughrider
He's just surly, because the next World Cup Of Soccer - in 2010 - is headed for his country, but it's going to be taken away this year becuase SA is WAY behind it's construction timetable. big grin

Ha - agreed! Only, I was one of those who said it SHOULD be taken away, because we are not going to be ready, but apparantly they are going ahead...

Man, it's gonna be a total $@##&%, not even Superman will last long in Johannesburg, the only who has a chance of surviving there is Batman. Gotham is a good training ground for some of the more peaceful Johannesburg suburbs.

But Superman ain't nowhere near tough enough...

MattDay
dreampanther sucks balls lol

moneypenny
mattday, we are getting a bit tired of your insults, i saw on your other posts everybody complains about you, stick to the topic and skip the insults, okay?

WrathfulDwarf
Back on topic: Favorite scene.

lawman
three simple words

Bullet Eyeball Bounce!

.Dance_Inside.
"How pissed off do you think superman would be?"
"A lot"

that was amazing
basically every Clark scene was priceless
"Hey, I'm Clark kent, I'm an old friend of your moms!"
"Really? she never mentions you."
"Really? Never?"

priceless.

When he saves the plane, and takes the door off and walks in and asks if 'Everyone is okay' Then Lois stands up and he stares at her says 'Are you Okay?"

When he flys backwards, and uses his heat vision to make the pieces of glass into sand before the glass fell on people.

When he flys through fire, and then uses his breathe to take it out.

When hes getting beaten by Lex and his men. SO sad yet so amazingly acted, by Routh

When the bullet bounces off his eye, and he gives that smirk.

The whole rooftop/flying through out metropolis with Lois.

When Kitty slaps Lex in the face.

Basically the whole movie is amazing.

Dr. Zaius
Originally posted by .Dance_Inside.
When hes getting beaten by Lex and his men. SO sad yet so amazingly acted, by Routh.

Yes, that was an amazing ass-whupping he took in that scene. You'd almost think Brandon Routh was a wuss or something...

.Dance_Inside.
There was Kryptonite everywhere, maybe Brandon is actually Superman...yeah think about it

pr1983
Originally posted by Dr. Zaius
Originally posted by .Dance_Inside.
When hes getting beaten by Lex and his men. SO sad yet so amazingly acted, by Routh.

Yes, that was an amazing ass-whupping he took in that scene. You'd almost think Brandon Routh was a wuss or something...

laughing

Best scene for me? The plane scene and the lifting the giant island scene...

Both for showing the fact that no matter what, Superman doesnt give up as long as people are in danger, he keeps going until he saves the day...

Sparkz
For me gotta be the plane scene, then when he goes into the sky to recharge, the scene at the end of the movie where he flies into space, any scene with the theme music lol. But in all honesty I thought the movie was realy boring when no action was going on and everything was stretched out, sorry superman fans.

Did anyone eles expect to see Christopher Reeves name in the opening credits instead of Brandon Routh or was that just me? lol I think I forgot it was the new film for a second.

snoochyboochies
Best bits for me were:- (in no particular order)
- saving the plane - awesome!!
- hovering in space, filtering every sound to listen for his next "job"
- recharging in the sun after taking a beating. Not many superhero films have recharging moments (except blade drinking blood- which is quite different)
- the quiet moment with his son when he repeats his Jor-el's words. we all saw him as a son in the superman the movie. Now we see him as a father too.
- bullet proof eyes!!!
- supes at full stretch when metropolis is falling apart, flaunting all of his powers.

systemshock2
I also really like this scene even more, the one where he throws the Kryton looking island into space, now that I caught it's metaphor. It's basically Superman willingly throwing away his old home world in order to save his new adopted world, completely showing just how much he loves his new adopted world. (Someone else pointed this out on another forum and I thought it was a pretty good catch).

super pr*xy
the part where clark flies in between the buildings without any soundtrack. you can just here the flickering of his cape. i think that was before the lois lane stalking moment.

when he was about to take off and kitty stops him. i like the fact that he reamined hovering the whole time kitty was talking to him. and when he finally takes off, the sound of his flickering cape.

when he come to the rescue of the 777 jumbo jet. awesome scene. when he uses his heat vision to seperate the shuttle from the jet and just escorts it to space. i also liked lois getting tossed around the jet. i was thinking "man... she must drink a lot of milk. not one broken bone!"

the last scene when he flies over the earth. pretty cool.

phreak_v2.o
i liked the boeing 777 scene (especially in 3d) and superman being shot in the eye... jason realizing that clark looks like superman... superman being in the hospital... i have so many favorite scenes i should just summarize by saying THE WHOLE MOVIE!!!
routh was just awesome and singer did an awesome job directing!!!

systemshock2
I also like that whole scene when Lex is explaining his land plan to Lois, then visually shows her with those maps just how big his plan is. And of course that line of his that involves "Billions!"

Btw does anyone know, this is probably a long shot, if there's anybody that has made map posters of Lex's revised world map. How cool would it be IMO to have something like that hanging on the wall, especially of the final one.

systemshock2
What I was hoping for to be my favorite shot turned out kind of weak. It was the classic shirt ripping to reveal the "S" underneath. In this one it was so...weak. The running and the hair looked goofy, and the camera was totally off of the shot. The shirt-ripping scene from "Superman: The Movie" still remains the best IMO.

MattDay
lol you sound very sentimental about that small detail, but yea they didnt seem to realize what a powerful moment that is in a superman movie, hope they do it better in the next

.Dance_Inside.
I thought that part was great, like the music leading upto it was awesome, and his face like he was deciding whether he should do it or not, I loved it, Brandon really pulled off all the emotions for Superman!

G4Junkie
I loved the 777 Scene not just the rescue, but when the stadium cheers for supes, when he is put on the big screen... It was his official return not just in the movie, but to the fans watching too...

super pr*xy
the moment when he goes up to his "watch post" and listens to all the distress, that was an awesome scene. he has his eyes closed and when he finally decides on which of the most dire situations he would intervene in, he would just suddenly open his eyes and jet. awesome.

G4Junkie
Originally posted by super pr*xy
the moment when he goes up to his "watch post" and listens to all the distress, that was an awesome scene. he has his eyes closed and when he finally decides on which of the most dire situations he would intervene in, he would just suddenly open his eyes and jet. awesome.

That was an awsome scene.

jdea
My favorite scene strestches from when Lois goes to take a smoke and he blows it out and then the whole conflict-angry yet feeling of betrayal Lois showed and Superman trying to reason with her, and bringhin her above earth and then the line about the earth deosn't need a hero, but I hear them calling for one everyday was the best for me. Then comes the scene with the fall of Superman and how he's rushed to the hospital.

redcaped
Yes, he blew the flame accurately, otherwise it'll be rude to miscalculate...make her lose the cigar and messing her hair. She would get pissed like "wtf is your problem!"

Darth Vegas
Originally posted by super pr*xy

And right after that, I loved how you could see and hear him break the sound barrier when he took off. I like how they took the physics of flying into account. Little details like that really make you think he could fly.

Other parts I loved were the Plane Scene and the scene when he recited the same speech to Jason that his father said to him.

"You will be different, sometimes you'll feel like an outcast, but you'll never be alone. You will make my strength your own. You will see my life through your eyes, as your life will be seen through mine. The son becomes the father and the father becomes the son."

super pr*xy
^^^ oh, dude! the sonic boom! that and when he started burning up when he re-entered the atmosphere. that was a subtle display of how super of a man he really is. there are no bullets, no enemies, no missiles... just the display of his powers... how fast he can get and how he can withstand the re-entry into earth... man... droolio

MattDay
lol that smiley has got me worried

super pr*xy
i'm just saying dude... i drool to the thought of those feats. droolio

redcaped
the phantom zone...that would be my favorite now that S is back!

superkronick92
I got to see the movie in advance,funny story, my friend told me we were seeing something else so we walked into the theatre and when I saw the s shield light up the screen I almost sh*t myself with excitement

Bicnarok
I thought it was cool when he was shot in the eye, then smiled.

.Dance_Inside.
"wink

.Dance_Inside.
every scene was awesome for me!
can't wait till it comes out

MattDay
the plane scene is the best saving scene of any superhero film thus far

redcaped
Notice how Bryan Singer cares so much for angles? Superman Returns has a perfect angle. I just hope next movie would bring an even better one. It's a bigger challenge to my view.

MattDay
singer in the dvd extras of the dvd, which I have! He seems very excited about continuing the story, never saying directly i'm going to make the next one as well, but hints of continuing the story he's got so far...

Plus he continually insists thoughout the dvd that he doesn't want an all action, mindless, none personality "movie" so they say, he wants a film people can relate to, with feelings, and of course excellent set piece action scenes.

but then come along with saying things like, "if another one comes up, more action will be in tow" and things of that nature... he's clever on how to play these things, i'll give him that... and spacey is hilarious driving around the sets in a golf cart using a microphone saying "superman must die" with a superman doll dragging along the back of the cart, priceless!

brainchild81
Originally posted by NPC

Yes thats right the spiderman trailer that showed before the movie . . . That was awesome smile

redcaped
Who is capable of having a hand to hand combat with S? No army or technology...haha, you know who.

systemshock2
I lot of people thought this scene was very anti-climatic, but for me one of my favorites was the scene when Superman lifts the continent.

I remember in the theater thinking during that scene, when it first shows the ENTIRE island mysteriously being lifted into the air, all HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF TONS of it, thinking "no way, no freaking way, it can't be". And then sure enough, as the camera sweeps past the falling rocks and finally settles on the bottom center of the island and the closest piece of rock falls away, BAM, it's a closeup shot revealing Superman lifting it.

I thought it was an awesome scene, especially considering how epic that feat really is.

.Dance_Inside.
oh me too!
I couldn't believe either

atheist
I like the scene after he throws the kryptonite continent into space. He is so exhausted he passes out in a crucified position and floats until gravity sucks him down to the earth.

I wish I had a pic of the crucifixition scene. Can someone please post one!

Kento
Favorite scene...When the guy shoots Superman in the eye and he just smiles.

nimbus006
Originally posted by jdea
My favorite scene strestches from when Lois goes to take a smoke and he blows it out and then the whole conflict-angry yet feeling of betrayal Lois showed and Superman trying to reason with her, and bringhin her above earth and then the line about the earth deosn't need a hero, but I hear them calling for one everyday was the best for me. Then comes the scene with the fall of Superman and how he's rushed to the hospital.

Couldn't of put it better myself... let me just add one line

Lois: Well everyone seems to be pretty happy your back

Superman: Not everyone (in a sad yet confident voice)

MattDay
shows how powerful superman is, mentally and physically

claybird
when the bullet got pwned when it bot into supes eye

LORDSIDIOUS01
There isn't too many.

draxx_tOfU
when lex stabbed supes... no expression

Magee
I hated that, It was like superman had no idea he was standing on a fukin island made of kryptonite. erm

darktim1
My favorite scene was when he went flying with lois.And when he left her house and you could here his father.

[BAW]Endrict
The best scene is the when the plane/shuttle goes blasting into orbit and Sups chases down the plane.

That chase scene is the best.

Kryptonian57
I know this is a Superman forum, but does everyone love this film????!!!!! I thought it was shite!!!! The only thing that entertained me was the religious symbolism in the film...that was good. The imagery saved it, but Routh can't act to save his life...neither can Kate Bosworth for that matter. There was no chemistry between them on-screen...it was dead and about as emotion filled as Quaker meeting!!! Come on fan-boys...why are we not still up in arms about the suit - the colours the 'S' etc etc. Bryan Singer is a wannabe fan-boy, his casting was off (should've waited for Welling) and his dialogue poor. And where the hell is he gonna go with Supes' little boy...WTF!!!! That for me was when the movie really turned to shit.

Best Scenes - Falling to earth in crucifixion pose and floating above the earth listening for trouble. Very biblical - only saving grace.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.