Will You Want Ratner To Direct X4?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lordofwar
If there is an X4, would you mind him directing again? Would you want Bryan Singer to return after Superman? Or do you want a new director?

I would like to see Matthew Vaughn direct even though he left X3. Layer Cake was fantastic.

xmarksthespot
If there is an X4 - and judging from the amount of money the studio will make there will be some form of X4 - I don't think I'd want Ratner to direct. I don't think his direction was bad, I just think others could do better.

The main problem I had with X3 was the script/story. The craptacular use of Cyclops. The depowering of Mystique - who could have had an awesome prequel or sequel spinoff. Rogue choosing to depower herself.

I mean seriously. Wolverine: "I'm the only one who can stop her." What the f**k? She atomizes people. Everyone else explodes into pieces including the Professor, a far more powerful mutant with psychic defences but Wolver****inrine is the only one who can stop her. Add to that way to much kowtowing to Halle Bitchy.

dherbolario
yes because x3 was NOT ratner's fault...get over it people...ratner came in like 6 weeks before shooting started...that's no time at all..he was handed a script and directed it..he little input if any on the story...not to mention that singer screwed over fox when he left and took the x3 writers and his ideas over to superman....i would definetly like to see what ratner is capable of when he has FULL control over an x-men film from the start....all you people blaming ratner..get over it...if not..go to hollywood...and make and x-men movie yourself....

NoFate007
Do I want Ratner to direct it? - I'd rather have Singer, but I could do with Ratner again.

HOWEVER

This is only if they hire better writers. I have absolutely NO idea why they hired writers that have NEVER had a film that people liked. That's what ruined X3 - a bad script by horrible writers, rushing the bad script, and having too many problems with time crunches and prior committments and such.

quiqueg34
Peter Jackson!

cain marko
I WANT TO DIRECT IT!!!!!

chucktaylor
I agree!

Cain should direct it!!!! big grin

cain marko
Originally posted by chucktaylor
I agree!

Cain should direct it!!!! big grin

big grinbig grinbig grin

The Pict
i wouldn't mind if ratner directed again, as long as their is a different writer(s). and halle berry's screen time is cut down. and cyclops returns and actually gets some decent scenes. and apocalypse is in it. and colossus gets at least 3 lines. and their is a fiery phoenix. and kitty has a nude scene. and i get a major part in the movie.

cain marko
Originally posted by The Pict
i wouldn't mind if ratner directed again, as long as their is a different writer(s). and halle berry's screen time is cut down. and cyclops returns and actually gets some decent scenes. and apocalypse is in it. and colossus gets at least 3 lines. and their is a fiery phoenix. and kitty has a nude scene. and i get a major part in the movie.

i think the phoenix should be left out of it now although poorly done 'twas concluded

The Pict
maybe in a flashback, just so we could see it on the big screen.

cain marko
meh possibly

chucktaylor
I'd leave out Jean in X4 though...unless it involves Sinister.

And if theres Sinister, there's Apocalypse, so ok, she can be put in. big grin

cain marko
I think sinister should only be slightly introduced with apocs in x4 for a possible X5 or spin off it would be impossible to delve straight into such a complex story.

The Pict
Originally posted by cain marko
I think sinister should only be slightly introduced with apocs in x4 for a possible X5 or spin off it would be impossible to delve straight into such a complex story.

yeah the movies should keep it simple. but if they cut out magneto as the bad gut they could most likely have sinister and apocalypse in the movie with a plot that wouldn't give the audience a headache.

cain marko
Originally posted by The Pict
yeah the movies should keep it simple. but if they cut out magneto as the bad gut they could most likely have sinister and apocalypse in the movie with a plot that wouldn't give the audience a headache.

i agree

ToxicMolly
there making a wolverine spin off it sucks with all the money there making a wolverine spin off

DarthLazious
I wouldn't mind if Ratner directed X4 but if Bryan Singer comes back to direct it then that would also be fine by me.

cain marko
Originally posted by DarthLazious
I wouldn't mind if Ratner directed X4 but if Bryan Singer comes back to direct it then that would also be fine by me.

meh i dunno ratner rushed it and synger loved toooooo much dialogue

Sabretooth
I love the job Ratner did with X3. I hope he directs both Wolverine and X4. The plot wasn't Ratner's fault. He did a lot better with what they gave him than many other directors would have.

quiqueg34
Again I agree. He had little time and had to work with what Singer left him. If anyone ever says that it seemed forced or rushed... it's because he was forced and rushed. I still think it turned out great! But seriously, Peter Jackson. That man can make anything better.

lordofwar
Originally posted by quiqueg34
Again I agree. He had little time and had to work with what Singer left him. If anyone ever says that it seemed forced or rushed... it's because he was forced and rushed. I still think it turned out great! But seriously, Peter Jackson. That man can make anything better.

Yeah, a bit of a Rush Hour.

quiqueg34
Pa dum pum! (Drum rim shot)

x-fetish
Originally posted by cain marko
I WANT TO DIRECT IT!!!!!

forget directing it u should WRITE it smile

masterkit
well i could live with anyone really(unless they totally suck @$$!) and i would seirously say cut down wolverine screen time. i mean he always had attention on him really and he gets a spin-off. They should focus on collosus and kitty and rogue and icman and pleeple. Now storm her screen time i think was fine. I WANT MYSTIQUE!

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I mean seriously. Wolverine: "I'm the only one who can stop her." What the f**k? She atomizes people. Everyone else explodes into pieces including the Professor, a far more powerful mutant with psychic defences but Wolver****inrine is the only one who can stop her. Add to that way to much kowtowing to Halle Bitchy.
In defense of that bit, Xavier was a telepath and he was telekinetically ripped apart. His only defense would of been trying to blunt her ability to use her powers mentally but not resist the disintigration process directly.

And they should of thrown Leech at her.

quiqueg34
I can't remember where I heard it but I know that it was an official source!!! But when/if they make X4 they are really planning on having it be about the students for various reasons including but not limited to... these actor's being up-and-coming, we know almost nothing about them (based on the films), so much to work with because they wouldn't necessarily have to follow any formula when talking about them before the comics took off. Sounds good to me. I'm a little tipsy right now so I'll find that source tomorrow. I know it's an official one.

Scarlet_Spidey
Huh. They aren't going to make a fourth movie, i heard on the television. They said that the last stand was the last part of the X-trilogy.

quiqueg34
Correct. I remember now... On the TV Guide channel they said this is definately the end of the "trilogy". They do plan on making others based on the success of the last stand. Look it up.

Scarlet_Spidey
Indeed. The xmen movies are done, but there is already a wolverine movie in production produced by Hugh Jackman starring himself also.
But i think it's too bad that in X3 nightcrawler 'disappeared' for no reason at all. He's my fav X - character.

quiqueg34
That's correct about he Wolverine spin-off, but that's not what I'm talking about. It is completely confirmed that Magneto and Wolverine have there spin-offs but there is definately talk about an x4 (whether they call it that or not) and it's gonna be about he students!

lordofwar
Joss Whedon

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Scarlet_Spidey
Indeed. The xmen movies are done, but there is already a wolverine movie in production produced by Hugh Jackman starring himself also.
But i think it's too bad that in X3 nightcrawler 'disappeared' for no reason at all. He's my fav X - character.
All it would of taken to please you is three lines of dialogue?
"Where's Nightcrawler?
He's on the can.
Okay, let's go."

king_arthur
Christopher Nolan should direct X4

pr1983
If there is an X4 - and judging from the amount of money the studio will make there will be some form of X4 - I don't think I'd want Ratner to direct. I don't think his direction was bad, I just think others could do better.

The main problem I had with X3 was the script/story. The craptacular use of Cyclops. The depowering of Mystique - who could have had an awesome prequel or sequel spinoff. Rogue choosing to depower herself.

I agree with that in most respects...

i wouldn't want singer back either though...

the problem i have is this... singer was fine at the whole 'mutants are under the kosh' type stuff, but when it came to the action (which an x-men comic does need... the set pieces can be as big as any in any marvel), i thought singer was sorely lacking... x-men need to have big, comicy fights with robots and aliens and evil mutants and the like...

ratner at least gave it a shot imo... though he's no genius either...

xmarksthespot
I agree action is definitely not Singer's strong suit. Things that are meant to bang usually fizzle. Ratner's more one for spectacle.

Possible viable sequels imo:
A movie about the younger students, I'd prefer they call it Academy X rather than New Mutants.
Nightcrawler
Apparently Emma Frost? huh
Possible viable prequel imo:
Mystique damnit!

And no to Christopher Nolan, because the entire movie would be a giant blur.

pr1983
I agree action is definitely not Singer's strong suit. Things that are meant to bang usually fizzle. Ratner's more one for spectacle.

Possible viable sequels imo:
A movie about the younger students, I'd prefer they call it Academy X rather than New Mutants.
Nightcrawler
Apparently Emma Frost? huh
Possible viable prequel imo:
Mystique damnit!

And no to Christopher Nolan, because the entire movie would be a giant blur.

laughing

i think astonishing x-men would be awesome... the tension between logan/scott and emma/kitty, plus the whole 'nobody trusts emma' thing, t'would be awesome methinks...

xmarksthespot
messed That would take like 4 movies though just to set up Astonishing. Unless you mean if they do a reboot somewhere down the line.

pr1983
messed That would take like 4 movies though just to set up Astonishing. Unless you mean if they do a reboot somewhere down the line.

Oh, yeah, i know... but a new trilogy a few years down the line could do it i think...

stickman618
ratner is a stupid douche bag

Sabretooth
Ratner didn't write the Goddamn thing. He was called in to direct it at the last minute. Blame the writers if you don't like what happened to the characters or you think Wolverine had too much screen-time again. I liked X3 the best of the three X-movies and I think Ratner is a hell of a lot better than Singer.

Kaos sebaceous
^^^^^^i have to agree

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.