Doesn't The New Spidey 3 Teaser Make Supes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MrHeavySilence
Doesn't the new Spiderman trailer make the Superman Return trailers look stale in comparison? I mean, that's how you make a good trailer! Movie trailers are supposed to be galvanizing- to make you feel the electrical impulses that flow through your synapses (figuratively).

The Superman Return trailers always made me nervous for the film because it didn't do that well. Sure, it had your basic elements: Eyecandy (CGI), Suspense, Foresight (overall look on what the film is like), and Music, but it didn't really do it for me. The only moment I "wowed" was when Superman saved that construction worker knocked off of his steel girder by the earthquake. Everything else: the bullet to the eye, the airplane scene- I mean..they were okay, but nothing that really suprised me.

This Spiderman teaser (JUST A TEASER) completely owns all the "Superman Returns" previews to date. I mean, I hope people are slightly ashamed of defending the Superman trailers and how fantastic they are, because they just got one-upped.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/spider-man_3/large.html

xmarksthespot
The trailer doth indeed kicketh arse. It does what a trailer is meant to do - make you want to see the movie. It goes further in fact - it makes you need to see it. Superman Returns seems to be relying heavily on the Superman mythos and history rather than actual marketing. But the chick playing Gwen Stacy is kinda uggs.

dherbolario
i agree...especially with gwen stacy...

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by MrHeavySilence
Doesn't the new Spiderman trailer make the Superman Return trailers look stale in comparison? I mean, that's how you make a good trailer! Movie trailers are supposed to be galvanizing- to make you feel the electrical impulses that flow through your synapses (figuratively).

The Superman Return trailers always made me nervous for the film because it didn't do that well. Sure, it had your basic elements: Eyecandy (CGI), Suspense, Foresight (overall look on what the film is like), and Music, but it didn't really do it for me. The only moment I "wowed" was when Superman saved that construction worker knocked off of his steel girder by the earthquake. Everything else: the bullet to the eye, the airplane scene- I mean..they were okay, but nothing that really suprised me.

This Spiderman teaser (JUST A TEASER) completely owns all the "Superman Returns" previews to date. I mean, I hope people are slightly ashamed of defending the Superman trailers and how fantastic they are, because they just got one-upped.

Not really....and if Spiderman 3 is getting all hyped because of a teaser trailer that can only mean one thing.....OVERRATED already...just like it's predecesors.

SupezM'
Too much teen angst in the Spiderman movies..

superman_fan
I just can't wait, Venom big grin

Saw the trailer yesterday for the first time. Happy Dance

I Agree with the creator of this thread. I think that most of the Superman trailers were subpar and definetly didn't do the movie justice but on the other side of the spectrum the spiderman 3 trailer was amazing and really kept up the theme of great trailers for the whole spiderman series. Spiderman 2 had some of the best trailers i've ever seen. I think it's worth noting that although the Supes trailers weren't all that great the Superman TEASER trailer was amazing. The one with Marlon Brandos voice-over, that was more in line with the movie for me, and it created that epic feel that everyone wants from Superman.

((The_Anomaly))
I didn't think that Spiderman trailer was that good. No where near the epicness of the Superman teaser, it didn't make me feel anything. From what I saw from the Spidey 3 trailer I'm more afraid for the movie. There was Harry as Goblin, Sandman AND Venom? It scares me that they're trying to do to much with Spiderman 3...too many villains, with too many plots are a huge downfall of superhero movies (Batman anyone?). I personally felt a huge dip in quality from Spiderman 1 to Spiderman 2, #2 was no where near as good as 1 IMO, bad CGI (worse then the first one) Cheesy lines, and Doc-Ock was boring and uninteresting, and the whole "peter losing his powers cause of no confidence" thing was dumb. (when I first saw it I thought it was like in the old TV show where he is becoming the man-spider and was disappointed when it was not). At least the CGI in SM3 looks better.

I dunno, I think the Superman teaser far outdid that Spidey trailer. IMO but then I love Superman, and just moderately like Spiderman..so..

Takion
I don't think Venom is going to be in Spider-man 3. When Topher says Parker it's probably at the end.

Originally posted by Takion
I don't think Venom is going to be in Spider-man 3. When Topher says Parker it's probably at the end.

WHen i first read this i was like "wtf" but now that i think about it based on the trailer what you said makes sense. We never see venom in the trailer, just the black suite spidey. And i was wondering why they would put 3 villains in the next movie, it's just too much for one movie.
What they'll probably do is have the symbiote take over peters life in this movie and by the end peter finds a way to get rid of it and the symbiote finds it way to Eddie (topher grace). That's a really clever idea on the Raimi's part to do it that way. It would pave the way for a really spectacular Spidey 4.

Mr Parker
Uh no,The Superman trailers HARDLY got one upped and this is coming from a guy who inititally was not planning to see superman returns because unlike with the batman movies,there already HAD been two good superman movies made before so I did not feel it was neccessay to make another one.However after seeing the trailers for superman returns,I changed my mind and I AM going to see the movie after all even though I dont like the idea of a superman movie without chris reeve.even despite all that,because of the trailers,and i cant believe I am actually saying this,this movie looks to be just as good if not better than the first two superman movies.cant get excited about the spider-man movies because of the trailer though because the first two films were so crappy.Like that one poster said,too much teen angst in those movies. thumb down the trailer for the spider-man 3 movie more than likely will be the best part about the movie just like the trailer for batman 89 was the best part about that movie.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Not really....and if Spiderman 3 is getting all hyped because of a teaser trailer that can only mean one thing.....OVERRATED already...just like it's predecesors.

yep.

H. S. 6
I'd agree with MrHeavySilence. The Spider-Man teaser blew away the Superman teaser. It made me really want to go see the movie, while the Supes Return teaser was more like "Meh..."

Not to say that Returns was a bad movie, but I only went to see it... well, because it was Superman.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Uh no,The Superman trailers HARDLY got one upped and this is coming from a guy who inititally was not planning to see superman returns because unlike with the batman movies,there already HAD been two good superman movies made before so I did not feel it was neccessay to make another one.However after seeing the trailers for superman returns,I changed my mind and I AM going to see the movie after all even though I dont like the idea of a superman movie without chris reeve.even despite all that,because of the trailers,and i cant believe I am actually saying this,this movie looks to be just as good if not better than the first two superman movies.cant get excited about the spider-man movies because of the trailer though because the first two films were so crappy.Like that one poster said,too much teen angst in those movies. thumb down the trailer for the spider-man 3 movie more than likely will be the best part about the movie just like the trailer for batman 89 was the best part about that movie. I'm pretty sure everyone... and I mean everyone... has heard your complaints about the Spider-Man movies... time to move on.
Originally posted by H. S. 6
I'd agree with MrHeavySilence. The Spider-Man teaser blew away the Superman teaser. It made me really want to go see the movie, while the Supes Return teaser was more like "Meh..."

Not to say that Returns was a bad movie, but I only went to see it... well, because it was Superman. The marketing of the movie in general wasn't that great. From the trailers... to Brian Singer having to make an official statement that Superman wouldn't be gay... to the poster where he's floating above America's wang waving his spirit fingers...

Which is not to say the movie will be good or bad. But the marketing was pretty horrendous. The movie I'll judge when I see it and likewise I'll only be seeing it because... well it's Superman.

OB1-adobe

Prpbably because it has 2 movies under its belt and your caught up in it and are excited to see what happens next.

Thats probably why. Superman you don't know what to expect. Spider-man you pretty much do.

redcaped
Who the hell I am (approach) or want to be? I know everyone of us is a different character and I like Spider-Man and Superman. To me they are one combined in my mind. There's no movie of Thor but that's a thing I want right now. Everybody got really but really excited when they saw this trailer. If I could help...if you want. Spider-Man lost his abilities due to depression, nothing about confidence. Yes, I just saw Superman. I'm going again on Saturday with mom.

sexyking

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm no not really i prefered the superman returns trailers the only reason spiderman3 might seem better is because its had two films to build up to this stage.

GODOFALL1
Superman Returns trailer.....WAY BETTER! Especially, when you first hear JorEls voice and when you see Superman fly above the clouds at the end! Spiderman is weak anyway! lol

MattDay
i'd say it looks good, but trailers are decieving and venom is in it, they just wont show you any scenes where he is involved, otherwise the trailer has given it away really, but no it wasnt trumps better or even better than the superman trailers, i think someone trying to just "say" spiderman is better by using this topic... sad really

redcaped
Oh yes, it's all cool now. I will see it 2 more times, but after that comes a complete boring year till May...I guess. And to think about Captain America makes it even worse.

BlackC@
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I'm pretty sure everyone... and I mean everyone... has heard your complaints about the Spider-Man movies... time to move on.

I completely agree.

BlackC@
Venom will probably make an appearance towards the end of the movie.

MattDay
FACT, it is neither worse nor better than the superman trailers, its just opinion

Draco69
The teaser showed Spider-Man sitting around in his costume, spray painted with black paint.....

Only a glimpse of Gwen Stacy, a picosecond of Sandman and Topher Grace looking up and saying "Parker"

And you think it was better than the movie.

Penn and Stiller, take it away!:

BULLSH*T.

laughing out loud

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Draco69
The teaser showed Spider-Man sitting around in his costume, spray painted with black paint.....

Only a glimpse of Gwen Stacy, a picosecond of Sandman and Topher Grace looking up and saying "Parker"

And you think it was better than the movie.

Penn and Stiller, take it away!:

BULLSH*T.

laughing out loud Not the movie, Draco. The marketing of the movie.

NPC
give me a break,
The spiderman movies are loaded with rich material taken directly from the comics. The superman movie? just a rehash of the 1978 film. Thats why spiderman movies are sooo much better, period.
Im a big fan of both superman an spiderman, but seriously how can you not be upset that they couldnt come up with something more interesting in Superman returns? Returns was an ok film, spiderman is over the top hemma good, but I'd even say the last 2 spidey films didnt quite have enough action in them to satisfy me.
Maybe its the matrix films that go me so spoiled with killer action sequences.
It just seems like common sense to me, whatever films have had crazy good action you HAVE to one up ever so slightly in order to satisfy people or disappointment ensues.

Punkyhermy
WTF?

The Spidey 3 trailer was uninspired using been there done that tactics that no longer excite. The themes of it have also been done. erm

Superman Returns had awesome trailers. Especially that first teaser.

spencerspider
spiderman 3 trailer was much better

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Punkyhermy
WTF?

The Spidey 3 trailer was uninspired using been there done that tactics that no longer excite. The themes of it have also been done. erm

Been there done that, hmm? Like the scene where he's facing his normal costume in his symbiote one? Sure...

Been there done that is a voice-over over a glimpse of one scene that has, in reality, nothing to do with the movie. *cough*Superman*cough*

Tron
Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't people kind of saying the same thing when comparing the X3 trailer to Superman Returns?

And I wouldn't compare the multiple villains thing on Spider-Man to the last few Batman movies. I doubt Raimi will have the villains saying "lets team up to beat Spider-Man". And judging by the trailer, they probably won't bring Venom in until the 4th movie.

NPC
Originally posted by Punkyhermy
WTF?

You dont seem to be a spiderman fan, for if you were you would be sh!tting about the black costume. As ANY TRUE spidey fan would! Sandman? bah fodder, some chick love interest to spoil the MJ happy every after? pfft, whatevva. Its all about the black costume!
Superman has just as interesting, if not more interesting stories but they didnt use those interesting stories like spiderman movies do.
The black costume was a huge pivotal moment in the comics, thats why its gonna be so F#cking Awesome! If you dont know about the comics then you wont get excited its that simple

Delta 62
The teaser was okay..the only truly cool part about it was seeing Spidey for the first time in the black suit. Otherwise..the Superman trailers totally own it; especially the teaser and trailer #3.

Delta 62
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Been there done that, hmm? Like the scene where he's facing his normal costume in his symbiote one? Sure...

Been there done that is a voice-over over a glimpse of one scene that has, in reality, nothing to do with the movie. *cough*Superman*cough*

Eh..the voice-over in the teaser was actually in the movie. -_-

MattDay
its hard to try and find the superman hater comments from the bull shit to the opinionated comments to the facts... gives you a head ache but the first two are usually the most common on this forum.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Delta 62
Eh..the voice-over in the teaser was actually in the movie. -_-

Yeah. You're right; I forgot about the half-assed attempt at connecting in some way to the previous movies. After all, it didn't affect the plot at all, did it?

You have to remember we're talking about the teasers here. Not the trailers.

Dr. Zaius
Here's Dr. Zaius' take. Take it for what its worth. I liked the first couple of Superman trailers, the ones with the John Williams music, not the ones with the ridiculous rap music--talk about a marketing department not understanding its property! Superman is a noble, almost Christ-like figure. He demands appropriately dignified and uplifting music. Rap is something that just doesn't go with his character at all. Ok. That being said, the first teaser trailer for Superman was fantastic. In fact, as I mentioned in another thread, I went into Superman Returns with high, high expectations.

Conversely, when I went to see Superman Returns, I was not excited at all about the upcoming Spidey 3. Although I liked the first two installments alot, the idea of Hobgoblin, Sandman, and Venom together seemed too much to pull off well. Then, I saw the trailer! Holy fu_king sh_t! I have to say, that I am now officially pissed that I have to wait until next May to see this mother! Fantastic! I don't have to see much else to tell that the guys at Universal obviously have some very good screen writers on Spiderman! Although, you know...I would have said the same thing about Warner Brothers before I actually saw the crapolla that was Superman Returns.

MattDay
you sounds like a hater, well, your opinion isnt the fact that it got 5 outta 5 or 4 outta 5 on the majority of reviews, that IS the fact that its an awesome film... so no one cares about your opinion, spiderman is a chump anywho, how can you relate to a super genious anyway, all A + at school and he wasnt trying, college, he's flying through that and still playing as spiderman... makes me wonder who these people are when they say "oh yea I can relate to him" haha no your not a super genious superhero with spider powers!

Dr. Zaius
Originally posted by MattDay
you sounds like a hater, well, your opinion isnt the fact that it got 5 outta 5 or 4 outta 5 on the majority of reviews, that IS the fact that its an awesome film... so no one cares about your opinion, spiderman is a chump anywho, how can you relate to a super genious anyway, all A + at school and he wasnt trying, college, he's flying through that and still playing as spiderman... makes me wonder who these people are when they say "oh yea I can relate to him" haha no your not a super genious superhero with spider powers!

Who sounds like the hater, here? Apparently, no one on this board believes me when I say I have nothing against Superman, the character. As I've stated several times now, I went into the movie with high, postive hopes which the film didn't meet. Similarly, I have no particular love/hate for Spiderman. I don't collect any of his books or follow any of the current storylines. However, the films in the current franchise have been excellent!

Let me summarize: I am critiquing the quality of a film. A film. Let me repeat, a film. I'm not trying to make this personal. Some of you are acting like I've insulted your mother or something.

Two other quick points. 1) I don't care what the majority of "critics" think about the film. I have an opinion because I have a brain. 2) In response to your "who cares what you thing?" remark...what are you doing on a message board responding to my post, if you don't care? Wouldn't the proper non-caring action be not to read or post at all?

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Dr. Zaius
Who sounds like the hater, here? Apparently, no one on this board believes me when I say I have nothing against Superman, the character. As I've stated several times now, I went into the movie with high, postive hopes which the film didn't meet. Similarly, I have no particular love/hate for Spiderman. I don't collect any of his books or follow any of the current storylines. However, the films in the current franchise have been excellent!

Let me summarize: I am critiquing the quality of a film. A film. Let me repeat, a film. I'm not trying to make this personal. Some of you are acting like I've insulted your mother or something.

Two other quick points. 1) I don't care what the majority of "critics" think about the film. I have an opinion because I have a brain. 2) In response to your "who cares what you thing?" remark...what are you doing on a message board responding to my post, if you don't care? Wouldn't the proper non-caring action be not to read or post at all?

Don't worry about Mattday. Judging by his posts, he's a fanboy of the worst kind. erm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.