Black Mask to be in Batman Begins Sequel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rafkins_Warning
Did everyone hear that they are thinking about putting Black Mask in the next Batman flick?

I recently read somewhere that he is rumored to be in it... whether or not he will be a leading villain or just at the end like Joker in Begins I don't know... what do you guys think about it?

Personally I'd like to see him in a Bats movie... could be interesting...

HellMaster93
I heard this a while ago and maybe he would be cool, but not as the main villain... and a hint for Black Mask wouldn't really have the affect of a Joker hint... smile

Rafkins_Warning
I don't really know what to think about the sequel anymore... some sites say Joker isn't gonna be in it a lot... others say he is the main villain (as he should be)... then some people believe that Black Mask should be the main villain...

I think it will be the end of this year or sometime into the next before we really know anything for sure... which is awful!

I can't believe it will be 2008 before the sequel comes out... it seems like such a long time for now... I bet it will go by before we know it though... as usual...

Tallis
Please enlighten me who is Black Mask?

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by Rafkins_Warning
I recently read somewhere........

I wish a 100 dollars for everytime someone said that on these forums

HellMaster93
Originally posted by Tallis
Please enlighten me who is Black Mask? Roman Sionis inherited the Janus Cosmetics corporation when his parents died in a fire which he started. He gruesomely disfigured customers with an untested make-up and Janus C was dissolved by Wayne Enterprises. Roman began tracking down and killing the board members. He made a mask from his father's coffin (he had an obsession with masks!). He ended up fighting Batman in a burning house. Roman was beaten but Batman couldn't save him. Sionis survived however, with the charred mask now practically part of him. And so, he became the psychotic mobster Black Mask... big grin He recently took over Gotham in the War Games arc but, having previously killed Catwoman's... sister(?), Catwoman killed him. That help any? Sorry, i can't think fully lear... I'm a bit pissed... big grin

NoFate007
Although Sionis has a great chance of being involved in the movie somehow (along with Sal Maroni, Rupert Thorne, and other mobsters of the same caliber), he definitely won't be the main villain. The main villain is either going to be Two-Face or The Joker. I'd expect cameos though, like they have in the last film. I've mentioned this idea before, about having people like Firefly as hitmen for the mob (supplied by the "Penguin the Russian arms dealer" idea).

Black Mask could be in it...but I think he'd be overshadowed by a certain Red Hood.

HellMaster93
Red Hood was and never should be a mob BOSS. No Joker origin please. Rupert Thorne sucks...

NoFate007
No Joker origin? So you want to start the film with Joker already deformed and such? lol

HellMaster93
joker haso official origin.

Rafkins_Warning
Originally posted by NoFate007
No Joker origin? So you want to start the film with Joker already deformed and such? lol

Well at the end of Begins he's already started his reign of mayhem, hence the Joker card... I don't think we really need an origin, and if we get one it will most likely be a rumored one... like someone saying "I heard this is what happened to him..." or something like that...

But once again, we will just have to wait and see what they do.

NoFate007
Just cause they had the card doesn't mean he's already fallen into the vat of acid though. He's a sick guy, he does stuff all the time that is out of the ordinary and twisted.

Yeah, he has no "official" origin, but they'll probably go with the whole Red Hood thing. I think everyone who loves the Joker and is happy with this dark approach to the series is waiting for a KILLER origin scene with the acid and such. That's too awesome to pass up.

Xirius
I dont think they would go withy the Red Hood origin, since they're trying to make these films seem more realistic.
Batman has his costume for armour, and for provoking fear.
Scarecrow uses his for inducing terror.

There is no practical reason for a criminal to run around with a red hood on his face, and if he was the red hood, it wouldnt make sense for him to leave joker cards at the scene of crimes.

I think he'll already be the joker, because 1- everyone already knows the origin, and nobody wants to see half an hour of what they saw in Buton's first movie, they want the new movies to be different.
2- It will make this joker seem more powerful. The joker from the original movie was just a guy, you knew his name.
The joker in the comics has no name, he is only the joker, and because there is no other identity attatched to him, he has nothing holding him back. In this movie, I hope the joker will be to Batman, what Batman is to other criminals- he'll be a mystery, a symbol, and thats how it should be. Otherwise, the joker is just another psycho.

Rafkins_Warning
Originally posted by Xirius
I dont think they would go withy the Red Hood origin, since they're trying to make these films seem more realistic.
Batman has his costume for armour, and for provoking fear.
Scarecrow uses his for inducing terror.

There is no practical reason for a criminal to run around with a red hood on his face, and if he was the red hood, it wouldnt make sense for him to leave joker cards at the scene of crimes.

I think he'll already be the joker, because 1- everyone already knows the origin, and nobody wants to see half an hour of what they saw in Buton's first movie, they want the new movies to be different.
2- It will make this joker seem more powerful. The joker from the original movie was just a guy, you knew his name.
The joker in the comics has no name, he is only the joker, and because there is no other identity attatched to him, he has nothing holding him back. In this movie, I hope the joker will be to Batman, what Batman is to other criminals- he'll be a mystery, a symbol, and thats how it should be. Otherwise, the joker is just another psycho.

Amen, Xirius... I agree completely! yes

Impediment
Technically, all we know of the Joker is that he fell in a vat of chemicals and was disfiguered. The closest "origin" we've seen is Alan Moore's version in The Killing Joke, and even that is still not accepted by all.

HellMaster93
Even that is not 100% approved by all... I love how they ended the Man Who Laughs becaue of that... thgey think he COULD be The Red hood, but he's not saying if he knows... it's up for you to decide what YOU believe.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.