The new Existentialist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wonderer
So, what is the Existentialist of today? Hopefully not like Sarte's idea of a guilt ridden, ball of anxiety anymore. The new Existentialist still takes responsibility for his actions, but is not compelled by anxiety and intellectual fearfulness of everyday choices in the sense that everything is absurd. The new Existentialist will be inclined by coolness, tranquility and the vision of comic relief, of the comic realness of eventuality. What do you think?

WrathfulDwarf
I think is absolute BOGUS! Neo-Existentialist? Please, that's just sounds like a stupid fad started by a bunch of pseudo-philosophers inside a coffee shop. Sarte hit the nail when he believed that our ideas are the product of experiences of real-life situations. We must find value for the existing individual. I understand there are major differences and disagreements among themselves. But a new movement in Existentialism? No way! Criticism and refutal are fine. But try to change it? Even worse introduce a new existentialism is just gonna be a big tangle of ideas.

Wonderer
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I think is absolute BOGUS! Neo-Existentialist? Please, that's just sounds like a stupid fad started by a bunch of pseudo-philosophers inside a coffee shop. Sarte hit the nail when he believed that our ideas are the product of experiences of real-life situations. We must find value for the existing individual. I understand there are major differences and disagreements among themselves. But a new movement in Existentialism? No way! Criticism and refutal are fine. But try to change it? Even worse introduce a new existentialism is just gonna be a big tangle of ideas.

So you are against the evolution of philosophical branches? In other words Existentialism should've stopped when the first form was started with the Pre-Socratics, way before it "modernised" into Kierkegaard's? Then Sarte would not have been an Existentialist at all.

WrathfulDwarf
If the wheel is not broken...why try to fix it?

Alliance
Originally posted by Wonderer
So, what is the Existentialist of today? Hopefully not like Sarte's idea of a guilt ridden, ball of anxiety anymore. The new Existentialist still takes responsibility for his actions, but is not compelled by anxiety and intellectual fearfulness of everyday choices in the sense that everything is absurd. The new Existentialist will be inclined by coolness, tranquility and the vision of comic relief, of the comic realness of eventuality. What do you think?

Ummm...John Paul Sarte is also accurately described as a nihilist. I think you personlly don't have the power to redefine the movement.

Wonderer
Originally posted by Alliance
Ummm...John Paul Sarte is also accurately described as a nihilist. I think you personlly don't have the power to redefine the movement.
Sarte a Nihilist? I don't think you know what a Nihilist is. Weel, to redefine a movement I would first have to come up with my theory - Maybe one of these days, who knows?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.