Obsession Assajj Ventress Vs TPM Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Vious
http://starwars.wikia.com/images/thumb/3/3c/VentressDarkJedi.jpg/270px-VentressDarkJedi.jpg
http://starwars.wikia.com/images/e/eb/Double_BZZ.jpg

darthsith19
Wow, I love Maul but Asajj'd probably beat him, she is the equal of Obi-Wan at this time, who by now could beat Maul without having to rely on luck. Asajj is just to good, she's had so much experience, too. She's killed far more Jedi than Maul has.

Darth Vious
No other takers? Personally, I think Asajj would take Maul.

Razielim
Asajj at this point will take Maul for sure.

jollyjim311
I'd say Maul. He was taught by Sidious to be a killing machine, he killed Qui Gon, defeated Obi Wan, killed an unguessable amount of Black Sun elite thugs and a Sith Witch with out an injury, and, is a Sith Lord.

Razielim
Padawan Obi-Wan cut him in half, actually. Whereas Asajj fought -and won- against Master Kenobi a few times.

jollyjim311
Movie necessity, luck, specifics, and terrain. Maul outdueled him.

Razielim
No, he pushed him in a conveniently placed ditch after Kenobi outdueled him by cutting his saber in half. Luckily for Maul, it was cut at the exact point where it would break into one whole working saber.

Maul is also young, overconfident and in some ways, incompetant. He couldn't even track down and kill a 14 - year - old girl.

Darth Vious
Originally posted by Razielim
No, he pushed him in a conveniently placed ditch after Kenobi outdueled him by cutting his saber in half. Luckily for Maul, it was cut at the exact point where it would break into one whole working saber. Even when Obi-Wan cut Maul's saber in half, Maul was still able to win back the ground he lost, and ultimately bested Obi-Wan by pushing him into the reactor shaft. As pointed out, it was only plot necessity and luck that enabled Obi-Wan to then come out victorious.

Razielim
You can't discount Maul's overconfidence in a fight like this. It's one of his biggest traits.

Still, he was unable to convincingly beat the padawan Kenobi... I don't see him beating someone on par with Master Kenobi.

jollyjim311
Asajj is overconfident, too. She thouht she could take on Mace, and ended up jumping the Hell away.

Darth Vious
You can't discount Maul's overconfidence in a fight like this. It's one of his biggest traits.
Maul's confidence came from his skill. He was able to duel one of the best swordsmen in the Jedi Order and someone else at the same time. Put it another way. If it had been Qui-Gon (or any other character who did not deed to survive) who went into the pit, do you think he would have come flying out again, or do you think he would have fallen to his death?

Still, he was unable to convincingly beat the padawan Kenobi... I don't see him beating someone on par with Master Kenobi.
As I said, he managed to regain the ground he lost when his saber was cut in half and put Obi-Wan down the pit, that was pretty convincing to me (particularly as Obi-Wan had to survive). I agree however, that Maul would be unable to beat Assajj.

darthsith19
And Asajj isn't? Every time she fights Anakin she is winning until she gets overconfident and then she loses.

Who happened to have 2 Jedi of considerable strength with her at the time. I'd like to have seen Asajj do any better.

On second thoughts, Maul is under-rated. Maybe he could beat Asajj. I mean, Maul resisted Force lightning. When Mighella shot some at him he jumped right through it. Could Asajj do that?

http://starwars.wikia.com/images/8/8e/Mighella_VS_Maul.jpg

jollyjim311
No, she was punked by Dooku's force lightning.

Darth Vious
Was she capable of casting it herself though? If she can't, then any resistance Maul has would be an irrelevent ability...

jollyjim311
He has a much higher understanding of the dark side, is what I meant.

Darth Vious
Originally posted by jollyjim311
He has a much higher understanding of the dark side, is what I meant.
I don't understand... Do you mean Count Dooku or Darth Maul?

jollyjim311
Darth Maul understands the darkside more than Asajj.

Darth Vious
Darth Maul understands the darkside more than Asajj.
How do you figure?

jollyjim311
He was trained by Sidious, and... http://www.swcomics.com/Republic_Era_c.php?i=13&f=13&name=Darth_Maul_4_of_4

From there on, you can just hit the next button to see the fight.

Edititfied: Sorry, this was the link I meant: http://www.swcomics.com/Republic_Era_c.php?i=17&f=13&name=Darth_Maul_4_of_4

Darth Vious
He was trained by Sidious, and... http://www.swcomics.com/Republic_Era_c.php?i=13&f=13&name=Darth_Maul_4_of_4

From there on, you can just hit the next button to see the fight.

Edititfied: Sorry, this was the link I meant: http://www.swcomics.com/Republic_Era_c.php?i=17&f=13&name=Darth_Maul_4_of_4
Well, the Force lightning did bring him to his knees, he just had the force of will to ignore it and continue, and while I agree, Dooku's Force lightning knocked Assajj out, I don't think either her or Maul can cast it, so it wouldn't have an impact on their fight.

jollyjim311
I don't think it's that specific. If it's a force fight, Maul has an edge.

Darth Vious
I don't think it's that specific. If it's a force fight, Maul has an edge.
How would he have an edge? In CW, Assajj's control of the Force was impressive to say the least. She was able to manipulate some objects without even having to use the Gestures of Influence that most Jedi do. Maul was never shown to be able to do that in TPM.

jollyjim311
In the Clone Wars series Padawan Anakin is better than ROTS Yoda with the force. You can't take it seriously.

kamikz
In several comics Assaj is damn good with the force too, like disabling Kenobi from doing a single move....

There is a difference between a night sister (which Maul clamed knew nothing of the dark side) and Count Dooku (80 year old jedi/sith with damn good force abilities).

jollyjim311
True, but the Counts lightning was casual, and the Nightsisters' was using a lot of effort.

Also, Kenobi had the shit kicked out of him when Asajj did that, if I remember correctly.

Darth Vious
In the Clone Wars series Padawan Anakin is better than ROTS Yoda with the force.
Anakin always was more powerfull than Yoda, even in TPM.

You can't take it seriously.
Clone Wars is canon, so it can indeed be taken seriously.

jollyjim311
So the one EU source you accept is the one that helps to prove your point, and it completely over the top?! Wow. Yoda would beat Anakin, and you saying that TPM Anakin is good is bull. He is a small boy with good reflexes. He just has more potential than Yoda.

Darth Vious
So the one EU source you accept is the one that helps to prove your point, and it completely over the top?!
Clone Wars is canon, not EU.

Yoda would beat Anakin
He probably would beat Anakin, but only because he has much more experience and is a more stable person. That does not mean that he is more powerfull than Anakin.

and you saying that TPM Anakin is good is bull. He is a small boy with good reflexes. He just has more potential than Yoda.
He had a higher midi-chlorian count than Yoda. He was more powerfull. He was just not as disciplined.

kamikz
True, but the Counts lightning was casual, and the Nightsisters' was using a lot of effort.

Also, Kenobi had the shit kicked out of him when Asajj did that, if I remember correctly.

We don't know how long he did it, we just saw he did it to Assaj, then moments or maybe hours later she awakens in a bed.....

Hmmm I don't remember, that might have been the case. But either way Maul did not do anything near that impressive. Assaj for example, pushed masters and other jedi far, far away, while Maul's push barley made Kenobi trip...

She would also easily figure out Maul's way of fighting, and see his weakness, that's what she does best...

darthsith19
Originally posted by Darth Vious
Was she capable of casting it herself though? If she can't, then any resistance Maul has would be an irrelevent ability...
It proved his strength. If he can resist it but she can't then that's a point for Maul.

"A Nightsister. A witch of Dathomir, skilled in the use of the Dark Side of the Force." - Darth Maul to Maghella

Sure she's not as strong with the Force as Dooku is, but like jollyhim311 said, Dooku was just toying with Asajj, not going all-out on her, Maghella was trying her hardest. Abd later when he tells her she knows nothing of the Dark Side, he's taunting her, he wants her to fear him, obviously she knows the Dark Side, cause if she didn't how could she use lightning?

http://swcomics.dreamhoster.org/maul/maul_4_17.jpg

I now say Maul beats Asajj. He took out the entire Black Sun syndicate with ease, the only part that was even a challenge for him was beating Maghella and he did that fairly quickly.

kamikz
How would resisting lightning make him win the battle? Assaj doesn't even use lightning. And Dooku was a hell of alot stronger, that witch said he resisted, not because Darth Maul is Darth Maul, but because he was a sith. She was surprised how he could manage to continue fighting and realised that he was a sith. (Because he was used to the dark side).

Proof that Dooku toyed with her. He used one hand when firing at Yoda in AOTC, he used two against Assaj. We don't know for how long either, we saw her biting together while getting hit, then waking up later in a bed.... Assaj was far superior to Maul in the force, and in saber I think they are pretty equal, so I give it to Assaj....

Gotta go now... Bye

Apollo5Cloud
Bye baby.

darthsith19
Proved how strong he is. I already answered this, actually.

Yah, and if I was made a Sith today I could resist being electructed! ZOMG! Uh, no, being a Sith has nothing to do with being able to resist lightning, you have to be strong to do that. And yes Dooku's stronger, but he wasn't trying very hard and, wait, didn't I already go over this, too? How ironic. no expression

Uh, he was smiling, laughing, she didn't fly back like Anakin did. Yes, Asajj woke up later in a bed, that had to be a while later, didn't they fight during the night and when she woke up the sun was out? Yes, she was slightly stronger with the Force but with a saber? No, hell no, she couldn't do all the things Maul did. Plus Maul was betetr trained, stronger physically, he trained his entire life, he'd take Asajj.

Darth Vious
Originally posted by darthsith19
No, hell no, she couldn't do all the things Maul did. Plus Maul was betetr trained, stronger physically, he trained his entire life, he'd take Asajj.
Was Maul better trained though? Assaj had been trained by a Jedi Master (admitedly incompletely) but the trauma of that was what gave her her strength. CW makes it very clear what a gifted Force user she is, Maul on the other hand, always had to use Gestures of Influence to manipulate objects, Assajj didn't.

jollyjim311
Go to swcomics.com. Read the Maul ones. Then come back. Asajj couldn't do all that.

darthsith19
Was Maul better trained though? Assaj had been trained by a Jedi Master (admitedly incompletely) but the trauma of that was what gave her her strength. CW makes it very clear what a gifted Force user she is, Maul on the other hand, always had to use Gestures of Influence to manipulate objects, Assajj didn't.
A Jedi Master trained Asajj not very well, then he died and she turned to the Dark Side, got a little training by Dooku and that's it. Maul was trained for 22 years solely to kill.

Darth Vious
A Jedi Master trained Asajj not very well, then he died and she turned to the Dark Side, got a little training by Dooku and that's it. Maul was trained for 22 years solely to kill.
Seeing as she achieved the level she did with incomplete training from her Jedi Master, it's pretty clear that Dooku did a good job in completing her training seeing the kind of Jedi she was capable of duelling and fighting against.

darthsith19
Seeing as she achieved the level she did with incomplete training from her Jedi Master, it's pretty clear that Dooku did a good job in completing her training seeing the kind of Jedi she was capable of duelling and fighting against.
When she first joined Dooku she wasn't that strong. Dooku didn't train he very much at all, sure he trained her some but mostly she got strong from fighting in the Clone Wars. Mostly. Maul, on the other hand, recieved top of the line training from Darth Sidious for 22 years straight.

kamikz
Proved how strong he is. I already answered this, actually.

Yah, and if I was made a Sith today I could resist being electructed! ZOMG! Uh, no, being a Sith has nothing to do with being able to resist lightning, you have to be strong to do that. And yes Dooku's stronger, but he wasn't trying very hard and, wait, didn't I already go over this, too? How ironic. no expression

Uh, he was smiling, laughing, she didn't fly back like Anakin did. Yes, Asajj woke up later in a bed, that had to be a while later, didn't they fight during the night and when she woke up the sun was out? Yes, she was slightly stronger with the Force but with a saber? No, hell no, she couldn't do all the things Maul did. Plus Maul was betetr trained, stronger physically, he trained his entire life, he'd take Asajj.

She wondered why it didn't effect him as much as others and came to the conclusion that he was a sith, one trained with the dark side. Maul said that she didn't know a shit about it. And just because the night sisters are trained with the dark side doesn't mean they have a strong potential or effective SITH lightning.....

Dooku wasn't laughing and smiling while shooting lightning at her, and we don't know for how long either. For what we know, they could've been standing there for one hour before Assaj fell.....

I'd say that Maul couldn't do the thing Assaj did either then....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.