explain the gray havens to me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Legion_of_Maul
get to explaining.

Sin Harvest
Port on the northwestern coast of Middle-earth. The Grey Havens were west of the Shire beyond the Tower Hills. The Havens were located where the River Lune emptied into the Gulf of Lune, which in turn opened onto the Sea. The ships of the Elves left Middle-earth from the Grey Havens and sailed westward across the Sea to the Undying Lands, where the spirits called the Valar dwelled.
The Grey Havens were founded by the Elves in the year 1 of the Second Age. The harborage in the Gulf of Lune was good and held many ships. The Great East Road ran from the Grey Havens across Eriador to Rivendell.

BlaxicanTroller
Sexy. Oh yeah and Tom Bombadill was black.

Sin Harvest
Did that have any meaning to it at all?

Draugwen
Following the 'quest' signature, rather a goal than a meaning stick out tongue

I_am_Melkor
Yeah, putting it really stupidly into 'laymen's terms' or whatever it's called, The Grey Havens are sorta like the only major way outta Middle-Earth, and ya kinda gotta go with elves, or else ya get lost and die...

Wow... That could not have made less sense even if I really tried... I hope people understood it...

No he wasn't. He was white, and we all know it, so don't make stupid comments!

Dresta
does anyone know what the point of tom bombadill was.

Sin Harvest
Originally posted by Dresta

Yeah. He saved them from the Borrow Wraiths and gave them their swords; Frodo, Samwise, Merry, and Pippin. Those swords are very important for they were designed to break the spell of the Witch-King in order to kill him.

Merry stabbed the Witch-King and the spell broke allowing him to get killed.

DanielLB
Originally posted by Sin Harvest
Yeah. He saved them from the Borrow Wraiths and gave them their swords; Frodo, Samwise, Merry, and Pippin. Those swords are very important for they were designed to break the spell of the Witch-King in order to kill him.

Merry stabbed the Witch-King and the spell broke allowing him to get killed.

Well put! Although, they were Barrow-wights!! lol big grin

And there are no pointless characters in LOTR Dresta. Just beacuse he had a small part in the book, doesnt mean we shouldnt have read about him! Simirly, Eowyn, who has a much bigger role than Tom, but also much smaller than others, is a very imprtant character! Without her, would the WiKi be dead? Who knows!?

Sin Harvest

DanielLB
lol yeah i know :P

warcraft xs
Originally posted by Dresta
if u look in a lotr book and look at the page where it says the works of tolkien one of the books is called the adventures of tom babaldil has any1 read it

thefallen544
Although as an aside note, Earendil and Elwing managed to find the way to the undying lands without going with Elves but I believe Ulmo and the fact that they were bearing with them one of the Simarils aided them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.