Sly 4?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Takion
Do you think there might be a Sly 4? There was some ending in Sly 3 if you finished 100 % of the game.....it said Good bye my sweet love.

Thoughts and Opinions.

JToTheP
Really? Is it on the internet? I didn't get 100%, but I don't doubt it. I am sure they are just watching how Sly 3 sells before making a move into the next-generation. They may even swap consoles if they like Nintendo or Microsoft's capabilities.

I just watched it on youtube, pretty cool. Who knows, anything could happen. I still say when they finally put it to rest Sly and Carmelia need to just get married/hitched. Especially after Part 3 it's quite clear they need to just stop trying to foil the other in their own way.

Takion
Anyone else have an opinion?

Tekno Boy
What you're talking about, Takion, is "Goodbye, My Sweet" which you get after completing the first level and the second part after completing 60% of the game.

But, where did this Sly 4 rumour come from?

ubber kratos
that be cool sly 4

newavenger13
sly 4 has to be good or am not buying it

Blue Dragon
I got all three, they're good games. I love being sneaking & stealthy... wink I'd like a Sly 4, but I doubt they'd make it because Sly is now with Carmelita. He also left his cane behind & said he didn't want to be found. I still can't believe he did that, that had been in his family for genarations!! I knew he was lying about the "Who am I?". It was a trick to get with Camelita...

They all went their seperate ways. Murrey went back to Australia with the Guru so that's that...

Cooper Klan Kid
this was a post i had at another sly 4 message board
the first paragraph is from a person who wrote to the message board and the whole second thing is what i replied to him
my idea is great for a sly 4 game (i think)

"ok. sly is sudenly killed by a giant death ray shortly after he gives bitrh to his son Jimmy Cooper. ten years later, Jimmy and his partners Smartley (Bentley's son) and Brawny (Murray's son) find out that it was clockwerk that created the giant deathray! clockwerk also steals all of sly's gadgets and scatters them all over the world. Jimmy, Smartley and Brawny travel round the world and retrieve sly's gadgets and defeat clockwerk."

i like this idea by secret cooper except for a few things: sly doesnt die, but only gets badly injured. its not clockwerk who made the deathray and stuff, but a new vilain (Gaza the Gator) also its not the gadgets that get stolen, but all the previous sly members (guru, penelope, panda king, dmitri, murray, and bentley) sly didnt cuz he is in da hospital and Gaza wants sly and jimmy cooper to give up the loot from the vault and give it to him. o yea, carmelita's the mom of jimmy. they must travel to different places to get new stuff cuz all of bentleys old technology is all out of date. they get to Gaza, but then find out he doesnt have them. they are all on their way to get killed by Calixo the croc. they must hurry to calixo, but they are too late. Guru and the panda king have already been killed they save evryone else, but they are sad. they go back home really sad that they are too late, but find out it was all a test by Sly bentley, and murray to se if their kids were good thieves. it was all a hologram, by bentley and guru and panda king are not really dead. they live up to their parents reputations and start their own cooper clan.

Blue Dragon
Not bad...but I don't like the idea of Sly being thought to be dead, but not, then his son taking over. I'd like the idea of each game having a different Cooper, play within the timeline.

Start of with the Egypt Coopers, Japan, English, American & others that we don't know about like Australia, Canada, French, Spanish, Germany, Italian etc...then make your way through the timeline in each game with each with their special abilities. The rail slide/walk, ninja spire jump, gadget making, invisablity etc... yes Yes, good idea!

Cooper Klan Kid
no u dont get it, sly doesnt die, he gets hurt and all 3 of the old members are too old to thieve any more so their kids remake the clan. then u cold add this: they go back in time and meet their ancestors to help t hem in all their quests and defeat bosses who eac have a membber of the clan (sly, bentley, murray, penelope, guru, panda king and dimitri). after they recover them they dont help them cuz their 2 old and each old cooper ancestor helps them with their specified country. (Egypt cooper helps them in egypt, chinese cooper in china etc.)

Blue Dragon
I know he doesn't die, but we'd think he was first & don't like that idea....I don't the time travel either, I'd prefer to actually play through the timeline myself!

Cooper Klan Kid
ok i guess. ur idea is better.
touche
and R.I.P steve irwin
we all luved ya

Cooper Klan Kid
how come no1 else is saying anything except me and Blue Dragon?

Blue Dragon
Maybe not many people think a Sly 4 would be a good idea & probably not many like the games on this forum because it's a platformer which usually is for younger people but I love them! From Sly, Spyro, Crash, Rayman, Mario & more.

Thanks for agreeing with me on that idea, it's nice to know you like it. smile Oh & don't double post, even though you couldn't edit you're last post (got to do within 15 mins), just give people a chance to reply first. If you want people to come though, you could always put a link in your sig. Look it up in help. I tried that but not one person replied! blink Not one! You may have better luck though...

Cooper Klan Kid
i love the games u said that everyone else thinks is 4 yunger peeps.
i have all sly 3 games
i have a spyro game for PS1
i have rayman for ps2
i had a Crash game but it broke
i hav a mario game for Gameboy Sp
who doesnt like those games?
their awesome. Happy Dance
and everybody should love the sly games their awesome 2! Happy Dance

Blue Dragon
How old are you though? You may grow out of them, but I haven't...

Cooper Klan Kid
im 14 yrs. old and will never grow out of them
a good game is a good game, no matter how old u are.
how old r u?

Blue Dragon
17, yet I like to play all sorts of similar games such a Kirby & Pokemon.

Cooper Klan Kid
those games are hecka cool
even if they're meant for lil kids
all the games u said u liked dat were 4 little kids ive had at one point or another
a good game is a good game

Blue Dragon
Yeah...but I'm more of a big kid when it comes to games & tv. I don't like Racing or First Person Shooter games, but I do like fighting games such as Soul Calibur II. Jak 2 is a platformers but for only 12's only.

Anyway, I think we're getting a little off track now. We were comparing them but now we're talking about them in the wrong thread...

Cooper Klan Kid
well, i dont like kid shows either but i like racing games and fighting games but not first person shooters
i like third person shooters though
and we r getting off topic
would u like a sly 4 game 2 be made?
i do, but for ps2
i cant afford a ps3
NEED MONEY!!!! wacko

Everglow

xNIXSONx
yeah the people that made Sly Cooper are working on InFamous right now which will be released spring 09 or early summer...

on that similar note, Naughty Dog postponed next gen Jak and Daxter to do Uncharted 2(vga trailer, leaked in game screens)

Hitosu Moriko
i like sly cooper

Sly Cooper 4 the new Generation of theives

slycooperfan1
i reely think they wiil creat sly 4

slycooperfan1
wat systam wiil it be on

slycooperfan1
sly rules iv got sly 123 and soon to be in 2009 sly4 i love murry1 sly1 and bentle1

Hitosu Moriko
you think bently is going to still use a wheel chair i mean he is going to the past

UntoldLegend
This is a HUGE rumour and i don't believe it but i heard that bently makes a time machine and goes into the future by 5 years (whats the point?) and he finds out that clockwork is still alive (i'm not sure how) and he's captured all of the gang (even sly and carmalita) and any other thieves that he can find, also the time machine is broke so he can't go back and worn anyone.
bently get's captured and is put in prision for an hour then a misterous thief offers to break him out if bently helps him do a hiest and get rid of clockwork. they have a common enemy so they get to work, and start breaking out the cooper gang one by one. (sly is last after clockwork realises and places sly under maxium security)
i doubt this is true so if any opinions let me know
soz about any spelling mistakes

3coopervans
do you really think that sly goes 5 years into the future i don`t believe that bently goes into the future and sly is caught and bently gets thrown in prison . and gets another theive to help him get the gang 1by 1. the real story is bently is ma king a time machine and goes back in time in #2 band of theives by an mistake.then makes his way #3 at the ending and gets there a little early so he knows where sly goes p.s. i got this stuff off youtube.

UntoldLegend
Originally posted by 3coopervans
i got this stuff off youtube.
and you can trust youtube?!
i got my info hot from japan
still not 100% if they are going to make it though
but i hope they do

Phanteros
wxhO7BQ9Qo8

Demonic Phoenix
^ Long overdue. Should be awesome. With the InFamous series taking a break now (if not ended), SP can work on Sly 4.

TheAuraAngel
Hell yeah....

Do wonder how this will fit in the continuity. I know Bently was working on teh Dolorean and all but I didn't expect to see Dimitri in the trailer.

Demonic Phoenix
Heh, never mind. I just found out that Sanzaru Games is developing Sly 4, not SP. Fack.

Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
Hell yeah....

Do wonder how this will fit in the continuity. I know Bently was working on teh Dolorean and all but I didn't expect to see Dimitri in the trailer.

Dimitri is pretty awesome though.

Who knows. I just hope it doesn't retcon the entire timeline.

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Heh, never mind. I just found out that Sanzaru Games is developing Sly 4, not SP. Fack.

Dimitri is pretty awesome though.

Who knows. I just hope it doesn't retcon the entire timeline.

Who the hell are they and why the hell is SP not working on Sly 4!? D=

Indeed. His suit his greasy sweet!

Same. Through the title, I'd have thought we'd get to play as Sly's ancestors. It would be awesome to play as Rioichi Cooper and Slytankhamen II Cooper.

Demonic Phoenix
Who the hell are they and why the hell is SP not working on Sly 4!? D=

Indeed. His suit his greasy sweet!

Same. Through the title, I'd have thought we'd get to play as Sly's ancestors. It would be awesome to play as Rioichi Cooper and Slytankhamen II Cooper.

Same dudes that handled the Sly Collection. Apparently, Sly 4's development had to be started when SP was still tied to InFamous 2.

The only guy who can make a fake french accent with odd slang sound kewl.

A ninja thief in Ancient Japan? Yeah, I'd want that too.
I'd also like to play as Sly's dad, Connor.
And we find out that Sly was really Slytankhamen, who started the entire Cooper line. awesome
To be fair, Sly does resemble Slytankhamen, moreso than any of his other ancestors.

TheAuraAngel
Same dudes that handled the Sly Collection. Apparently, Sly 4's development had to be started when SP was still tied to InFamous 2.

The only guy who can make a fake french accent with odd slang sound kewl.

A ninja thief in Ancient Japan? Yeah, I'd want that too.
I'd also like to play as Sly's dad, Connor.
And we find out that Sly was really Slytankhamen, who started the entire Cooper line. awesome
To be fair, Sly does resemble Slytankhamen, moreso than any of his other ancestors.

Well I suppose that is okay then.

Yeah, he is kewl Crackerjack.

He has my favorite design. :O
And yeah, Connor Cooper would be fun. Easy though since lasers were nothing to him.
He does indeed. Though I have always wondered why the Coopers were found in so many different places.

MooCowofJustice
Sly's dad is broken. Dude figured out a way to walk on light.

srankmissingnin
That trailer was the most visually stunning thing I've seen in a long time. Just beautiful. The screen shots don't look up to the same level, but still exceptionally gorgeous for a platformer. I was bummed when I heard Sucker Punch wasn't working on it and the new studio didn't reuse any of the assets of the previous games, but Sanzaru Games looks like they have a winner. I'm excited.

Demonic Phoenix
Well I suppose that is okay then.

Yeah, he is kewl Crackerjack.

He has my favorite design. :O
And yeah, Connor Cooper would be fun. Easy though since lasers were nothing to him.
He does indeed. Though I have always wondered why the Coopers were found in so many different places.

Time will tell. Virtually every single game that SP has made has been great, so yeah, it kind of sucks that SP isn't working on Sly 4.

Favourite design? I guess mine would just be Sly from the Cooper line. Always a fan of Carmelita's design though. 313
Yeah, sliding on Lasers. That's hax. He was also a good fighter I think, taking on the Fiendish Five at the same time and putting up a decent fight, considering the circumstances.
Some of them travelled to a different country to escape Clockwerk?
We likely haven't seen close to half of the Coopers, considering his line started in Ancient Egypt.

TheAuraAngel
So...seems like they're taking a lot of inspiration from the first Sly Cooper game....f*ck.

That said, whatever the hell that armor thing was was completely awesome!

Demonic Phoenix
Haven't seen the hands-on demo, but that sucks. Sly 1 was great, but Sly 2 was the game that defined the gameplay of the series.

Demonic Phoenix
VdweUQ0eN4M

Looks gorgeous. Sly looks different from his Sly2/3 look, but I suppose that is understandable.

Can't believe they are using another Tiger after they had Rajan. >__>

TheAuraAngel
VdweUQ0eN4M

Looks gorgeous. Sly looks different from his Sly2/3 look, but I suppose that is understandable.

Can't believe they are using another Tiger after they had Rajan. >__>

He looks like a much cleaner Sly Cooper from the first game to me. Which to it's credit, it looks good.

And to their credit, the guy looks far cooler than Rajan.

I wanna know about that armor Sly is using. Looks really freaking cool. Sly could use some transformations. At least for boss fights anyway.

Demonic Phoenix
He looks like a much cleaner Sly Cooper from the first game to me. Which to it's credit, it looks good.

And to their credit, the guy looks far cooler than Rajan.

I wanna know about that armor Sly is using. Looks really freaking cool. Sly could use some transformations. At least for boss fights anyway.

I preferred his Sly 2/3 design. While it may be too much to ask, I do hope we get bonus costumes. Disguises as well, but ones in which we can do more than just walk.

He does, but Rajan looked badass in the cutscenes. If only he didn't have that turban around his head.

Seems Egyptian to me for some reason.

MooCowofJustice
The Murray screenshots are like Jumpy.

TheAuraAngel
I preferred his Sly 2/3 design. While it may be too much to ask, I do hope we get bonus costumes. Disguises as well, but ones in which we can do more than just walk.

He does, but Rajan looked badass in the cutscenes. If only he didn't have that turban around his head.

Seems Egyptian to me for some reason.

Most would. Much cleaner looking. But Sly 1 was the game that made me root for Sly more than any other. Alternate costumes would be cool but I could live without. stick out tongue

Not really. Rajan was nothing but a big baby who depended on Clockwerk's heart to kill things.

And I see more Samurai in it than Egyptian. Strange, I don't think he had any Samurai ancestors.

Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
The Murray screenshots are like Jumpy.

Do want. Post 'em.

Demonic Phoenix
Most would. Much cleaner looking. But Sly 1 was the game that made me root for Sly more than any other. Alternate costumes would be cool but I could live without. stick out tongue

Not really. Rajan was nothing but a big baby who depended on Clockwerk's heart to kill things.

And I see more Samurai in it than Egyptian. Strange, I don't think he had any Samurai ancestors.

Much better looking you mean. stick out tongue
Agreed on Sly in Sly 1. But Sly 2 was really the epitome of the series. Boss fights were better in Sly 1 though.

Never said he was badass, just that he looked badass, at least in the comic style cutscenes. Only badass antagonist I can think of is Clockwerk.

Will have to look at the armor more carefully then. Who knows.

Demonic Phoenix
yLogp9CXrZc

He goes into detail about the armor around 4:25.

TheAuraAngel
Much better looking you mean. stick out tongue
Agreed on Sly in Sly 1. But Sly 2 was really the epitome of the series. Boss fights were better in Sly 1 though.

Never said he was badass, just that he looked badass, at least in the comic style cutscenes. Only badass antagonist I can think of is Clockwerk.

Will have to look at the armor more carefully then. Who knows.

Sleeker in any case.

All three Sly Cooper games have strengths and weaknesses for them. Sly 1 being strong in characters and boss battles, but rather weak and repetitive with gameplay. Sly 2 creating the best gameplay but less interesting bosses and not as stellar writing compared to the others. Sly 3 capitalizing on the strengths of the previous combined with the best writing in my humble opinion, though it is weak in that it denies the player a lot of possible gameplay and focuses more on Bently than Sly. That and the bosses were sheeit.

Eh...he looked a little cool I suppose. But not that special. And that Chicken from Sly 3 was pretty freaking ninja.

Samurai! Bwahahaha! That said, seems you were right about the costumes. Which will be awesome. Really hoping they get creative with the locations.

Demonic Phoenix
Read Gameinformer's article on Sly 4, and we will get to play as Riochi Cooper, in addition to other members from the Cooper line. They'll even be playable in areas other than those tied to their time apparently, though they will only be used for gameplay and not the plot. Each Cooper has a subset of unique abilities that would be used to get stuff from previously inaccessible areas.

This is gonna be awesome.

Demonic Phoenix
-wOEyfgdr74

dadudemon
-wOEyfgdr74

Reminds me of Banjo Kazooie meets Prince of Persia.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.