Plasticman vs. Apocalypse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

backspace
Who wins?

grey fox
Plastic Man turns into a toilet and flushes Apocalypse....

Sam Z
I say that in every plasticman vs thread. It has nothing to do with the fight but still it is a fact.

Plasticman looks stupid.

ThePittman
Apocalypse captures him and turns him into the Silly Putty Of Death.

DigiMark007
Probably a stalemate. I can't see either one really killing the other.

ThePittman

DigiMark007
That's just it though. Pretty much nothing can kill PM. You can get temporary wins via freezing or somesuch, but punches do nothing, and even a lot of high-level energy manip has been shown to do very little. And even breaking him into pieces won't solve it. He retains basic consciousness and can reform.

That, and I abhor "he'd figure something out" arguments. Tell me what he'd figure out exactly and how he'd do it and I'll believe that argument.

Apoc might still be vulnerable to a through-bodily-passages mind-attack from PM though. So I'd say they both have a decent chance of doing something to the other, but my earlier assessment of stalemate most of the time stands.

ThePittman

Private Pion
Plasticman stretches to the moon and puts Apoc there to cool off.

After patting him on the head and making an amusing comment.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Private Pion
Plasticman stretches to the moon and puts Apoc there to cool off.

After patting him on the head and making an amusing comment.

Clever, but he'd freeze in space and wouldn't make it to the moon. It wouldn't kill him, and he would probably get Apoc high enough to deprive him from oxygen (maybe), but it's not a bullet-proof strategy.

And PM has shown himself to be resistent to energy at least on par with anything Apoc. can produce. He's a charter member of the JLA for a reason....not just comic relief. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Like I said, stalemate.

Skeets
Plasticman turns into a table........shifty

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Skeets
Plasticman turns into a table........shifty laughing out loud

Validus
Plastic Man can't splinter like a real wood table so that strategy sucks. thumb down

Skeets
Originally posted by Validus
Plastic Man can't splinter like a real wood table so that strategy sucks. thumb down
barker

ThePittman
But the problem is that Apocalypse has never fully unleashed a full blast from my knowledge and that this is powered by Celestial technology and energy and can be reconfigured at his whim. He also can give himself any superhuman physical trait that he wants be it from super strength to super speed.

A.J

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by ThePittman
He also can give himself any superhuman physical trait that he wants be it from super strength to super speed. Since when?

ThePittman
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Since when? In many different bio's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocalypse_%28comics%29
http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/a/apocalypse.htm
http://marvel.com/universe/Apocalypse_%28En_Sabah_Nur%29

HisMajestyAC43
um... this is hard, i can see plastic man suffocating apoc, maybe. and i can see apoc getting really big and attempting to hurt plastic man to no avail. i can also see a blue costumed ancient jobber that is ready to lose this fight. plastic man wins in my opinion. even though i told myself that it couldn't be, i cant thinnk of anything on apoc's behalf that would make him the victor.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by A.J
good debating repsond to this one digi evil face

I kind of already did. He outlined how Apoc could negate PM's attacks. I agree with him....it would be tough for PM to hurt him. I also shot down how PM would negate pretty much anything Apoc does. And the psi-attacks he mentioned aren't a factor. PM is immune to telepathy. This is a stalemate at least 8/10.

grey fox
Toilet..Toilet..Toilet

TOILET !!!!

Private Pion
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Clever, but he'd freeze in space and wouldn't make it to the moon. It wouldn't kill him, and he would probably get Apoc high enough to deprive him from oxygen (maybe), but it's not a bullet-proof strategy.

And PM has shown himself to be resistent to energy at least on par with anything Apoc. can produce. He's a charter member of the JLA for a reason....not just comic relief. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Like I said, stalemate.

Plasticman goes into space all the time. Hell, he can speak in space, he wouldn't freeze.

ThePittman
Originally posted by Private Pion
Plasticman goes into space all the time. Hell, he can speak in space, he wouldn't freeze. How and the hell does he speak in space, there is no air to create sound.dohnono

DigiMark007
And he has frozen in place in the Antarctic in the past. Space is much colder.

Inconsistent writing galore. PM is great for that, because few writers take him (or his canon) seriously.

So I guess it's who is on the pen.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.