Spoilers For Young Avengers 12

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Black Adam
So.......where's the lightning bolt?sad

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/154/11515823737345cy.th.jpg

ScarletSpider
What lightening bolt?

grey fox
Originally posted by Black Adam

Like the sig BA

Black Adam
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
What lightening bolt?

just expected a lightning bolt on the uniform like most speedsters..

call me old fashion stick out tongue

ScarletSpider
Ah, okay.

I like the color scheme though, a nod to his "uncle's" original costume.

aton_ra

I know whatcha mean, he kinda does look like Impulse (The bart allen reverse-flash)

Black Adam
Originally posted by aton_ra
I know whatcha mean, he kinda does look like Impulse (The bart allen reverse-flash)

you mean inertia?

http://www.hyperborea.org/flash/inertia.html

yeah it sort of looks like him.

I haven't read it yet I just saw this pic on another site and decide to share it but does he really keep the name speed?

where all the other speed based names taken?

aton_ra
Yeah Inertia that's teh guy.

However seeing that this guy is from Juvie, i think his name does not have much to do with movement, he might be an ex drug addict.

Accel
you mean inertia?

http://www.hyperborea.org/flash/inertia.html

yeah it sort of looks like him.

I haven't read it yet I just saw this pic on another site and decide to share it but does he really keep the name speed?

where all the other speed based names taken?
Yeah, he keeps the name.

I dunno, but the name, "Speed" just seems... kind of ordinary and predictable for a superhero name.

Black Adam
Originally posted by Accel
Yeah, he keeps the name.

I dunno, but the name, "Speed" just seems... kind of ordinary and predictable for a superhero name.

it's lame ordinary name.

accelerate is better.

I know it's already being used in Ben 10 but if you spell Accelerate instead of XLR8 then there's no problems right? stick out tongue

ScarletSpider
I think he was probably more in juvie for blowing shit up with his powers.

I don't like Accelerate, I think that's just as lame, and it's more of a mouth full.

Personally...I think it's time for a new Whizzer. Yeaah!

Black Adam
kid quicksilver anyone?? smile

Private Pion
Jeeze, all the Young Avengers have such terrible names.

Is one of them still called Wiccan?

Accel
What about Whiz Kid?

Black Adam
Originally posted by Private Pion
Jeeze, all the Young Avengers have such terrible names.

Is one of them still called Wiccan?

yeah..

well i like stature's name

Private Pion
Urgh. Wiccan.

Although Hulkling is a name which makes me smile.

grey fox
I can't see the image ..although I have a good idea of what it is...

Skeets
When does this comeout?

Black Adam
Originally posted by Skeets
When does this comeout?

yesterday smile

Skeets
yesterday smile
How come I didn't get it in the mail then....erm

Black Adam
How come I didn't get it in the mail then....erm

God hates you

Skeets
God hates you
I had a feeling he did.........weep

Validus
kid quicksilver anyone?? smile
How about Kid Flash?

Skeets
Originally posted by Validus
How about Kid Flash?
How about you leave........baka

Validus
Ok. sad

Skeets
mhm

Accel
How about Kid Flash?
How about Tommy Quick?

Validus
Originally posted by Accel
How about Tommy Quick?
But Jesse is still around. Kid Flash is gone for a long time.

Skeets
But Jesse is still around. Kid Flash is gone for a long time.
And you're still here because....sleepy

Validus
And you're still here because....sleepy
I reply when I'm quoted.

BlaqChaos
How come I didn't get it in the mail then....erm Sometimes subscribers get books early, sometimes they get them late.

Skeets
I reply when I'm quoted.
barkerOriginally posted by BlaqChaos
Sometimes subscribers get books early, sometimes they get them late.
I would normally get them early.......weep

Validus
barker

See?

ScarletSpider
Not all of their names are bad, though some could use improvement.

Patriot: I like this one, and I'm hoping for a scene with Eli and Cap, where Cap hands him an old scrapbook or something, and tells him the history of the name and about Jeff Mace the WWII Patriot and Liberty Legion leader. I think it would also be cool if he adopted the Eagle symbo, but yeah, that's just me probably.

Hawkeye: It suited Clint, and she does seem to take after him personality wise, though I wish she'd gone with the long dormant Mockingbird, especially since it suits her much more, since she's using Hawkeye, Swordsman and Mockingbird's stuff and hence, mimicing/mocking them.

Wiccan:I think this could use more work myself, after Super Skrull referred to him as "the mage" a lot, I think that would be a better name. Red Mage or something, to take a color cue from his mom. Although now that brings to mind risible Final Fantasy characters.

Hulkling: This one is just kind of meh/lame. Now that he's proven to have nothing to do with the Hulk, I wonder if he'll change it.

Stature: Personally, I think that one just sucks. There were rumors she'd be going by Titan, which I personally like more. Even Giant-Girl or Giantess would be better.

Speed: That does suck. Whizzer, I say! Whizzer! Whizzer is kind of a foster-grandfather after all.

xmarksthespot
Hawkingbirdswoman.. happy

King_Mungi
Alright this confused me, how on Earth getting a blood transfusion make Patriot indestructable as well as did you see him jump the building in Civil War #2?

I like the fact that Cap was against the YJ, but turns out he saves them in Civil War #2

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Alright this confused me, how on Earth getting a blood transfusion make Patriot indestructable as well as did you see him jump the building in Civil War #2?

I like the fact that Cap was against the YJ, but turns out he saves them in Civil War #2 When did they explain it as a blood transfusion?

King_Mungi
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
When did they explain it as a blood transfusion?

Well he gained "powers" as mentioned in YA #12 such as super hearing all from the blood transfusion. So unless something else happens to him.....errrrrr....ooook.

xmarksthespot
Ah I see.. haven't read #12 yet. Do they give any further confirmation of whether Billy and Thomas are actually the SW's 'sons'?

Accel
Hawkingbirdswoman.. happy
I love it! thumb up

King_Mungi
Ah I see.. haven't read #12 yet. Do they give any further confirmation of whether Billy and Thomas are actually the SW's 'sons'?

None, they mention they want to track her down but no facts if they are the lost souls or not.

ScarletSpider
Patriot's not indestructable. He was wearing his shield on his back, and they were non-lethal tranquilizer rounds, the SHIELD troops even stated that. As for the jump? I don't know, mistake perhaps.

King_Mungi
Patriot's not indestructable. He was wearing his shield on his back, and they were non-lethal tranquilizer rounds, the SHIELD troops even stated that. As for the jump? I don't know, mistake perhaps.

No they didn't, they said "you sure, that kid's indestructable" and that was him taking a missile. Also notice the rounds were hitting his entire body not just his shield.

ScarletSpider
They were still non-lethal rounds in the first place. And he did get pretty beat up by the missile, but we didn't see all the action of him being hit.

King_Mungi
They were still non-lethal rounds in the first place. And he did get pretty beat up by the missile, but we didn't see all the action of him being hit.

and? ideally the transufusion would give him peak human abilities however the darts were hitting his entire body and the soliders commented when did he become bulletproof.

Grimm22
The thing about this issue that bothered me is that, Kate can't be Hawkeye no

Why? Because there is only one Hawkeye no expression

R.O.T. Yahman
I think he was probably more in juvie for blowing shit up with his powers.

I don't like Accelerate, I think that's just as lame, and it's more of a mouth full.

Personally...I think it's time for a new Whizzer. Yeaah!

What about Momentum ?

Is any one else reading Heinbergs Wonder Woman ? Its had a good start ! smile

ScarletSpider
Yes, I enjoyed Heinberg's Wonder Woman. I wish he'd pick either TV or Comics so his stuff wouldn't be so late. He contends YA was never late because of him, which is horseshit.

While I still contend, aside from the missile, he wasn't being assailed as violently as some would claim (many users on comicboards.com seemingly don't actually read the issues) his abilities do seem beyond super soldier ken.

My guess is that Isaiah's super soldier serum differs in some great fashion, perhaps being a bit more mutagenic, endowing his grandson with greater powers. I even got a different vibe from the super soldier Josiah X, who, as a descendent of Isaiah could clue us into the different properties of the serum. Josiah seemed a bit stronger than Cap, to me at least, and his aging was greatly affected (which we can't really compare with Cap's, as he was on ice for so long his normal aging process hasn't really been observed.)

Also, there may have been trace elements of MGH in Patriot's blood, perhaps that drug is not so temporary as we had been led to believe, etc. There are a myriad of possibilities.

On the Speed front: Momentum's better than Accelerate, I think. Speed's okay, it's just bland. Maybe we could go with Prompto the Amazingly Celeritous Boy. Nah...

grey fox
Yes, I enjoyed Heinberg's Wonder Woman. I wish he'd pick either TV or Comics so his stuff wouldn't be so late. He contends YA was never late because of him, which is horseshit.

While I still contend, aside from the missile, he wasn't being assailed as violently as some would claim (many users on comicboards.com seemingly don't actually read the issues) his abilities do seem beyond super soldier ken.

My guess is that Isaiah's super soldier serum differs in some great fashion, perhaps being a bit more mutagenic, endowing his grandson with greater powers. I even got a different vibe from the super soldier Josiah X, who, as a descendent of Isaiah could clue us into the different properties of the serum. Josiah seemed a bit stronger than Cap, to me at least, and his aging was greatly affected (which we can't really compare with Cap's, as he was on ice for so long his normal aging process hasn't really been observed.)

Also, there may have been trace elements of MGH in Patriot's blood, perhaps that drug is not so temporary as we had been led to believe, etc. There are a myriad of possibilities.

On the Speed front: Momentum's better than Accelerate, I think. Speed's okay, it's just bland. Maybe we could go with Prompto the Amazingly Celeritous Boy. Nah...

I like momentum . It has a nice ring to it , but it's a bit of a mouthful...

ScarletSpider
Seriously, I know you don't want to admit it, but...Whizzer, guys.

You know it.

Whizzer.

Skeets
I just got my book today .....erm great as usual but the books going on hiatus for a bit....weep

grey fox
I just got my book today .....erm great as usual but the books going on hiatus for a bit....weep

Not till 2007....and then it's going to be bi-monthly......

Black Adam
Seriously, I know you don't want to admit it, but...Whizzer, guys.

You know it.

Whizzer.

Accelerate all the way!!! mad

King_Mungi

They still were making contact with him, even peah human durability wouldn't block non-lethal rounds. Even the strongest people would real in pain from a rubber bullet or a tranquilzer dart

That would have to be the case, except in the mini he never showed anything like what Patriot did so that's why I'm like.....oooook...why would a blood transfusion give him those powers?.

Skeets
They still were making contact with him, even peah human durability wouldn't block non-lethal rounds. Even the strongest people would real in pain from a rubber bullet or a tranquilzer dart

That would have to be the case, except in the mini he never showed anything like what Patriot did so that's why I'm like.....oooook...why would a blood transfusion give him those powers?.
Well if you notice in Y.A 12 jessica jones is still pregnant so that's pretty behind in continuity.
I'm guessing Patroit got something else besides the blood transfusion.

King_Mungi
Well if you notice in Y.A 12 jessica jones is still pregnant so that's pretty behind in continuity.
I'm guessing Patroit got something else besides the blood transfusion.

He would have to or I'm going to have to call the "Bull Award"

Skeets
He would have to or I'm going to have to call the "Bull Award"
He probably still has the effects of the M.G.H plus the supersoldier serum.

King_Mungi
He probably still has the effects of the M.G.H plus the supersoldier serum.

Except M.G.H doesn't last that long and I don't recall any dose to be able to do that and keep his normal figure (not Hulk out)

Skeets
Except M.G.H doesn't last that long and I don't recall any dose to be able to do that and keep his normal figure (not Hulk out)
Ok then he has a vibranium suit and boots that make him jump far.......ermm

King_Mungi
Ok then he has a vibranium suit and boots that make him jump far.......ermm

Good enough for me smile, but really they may have made an error.

Skeets
Good enough for me smile, but really they may have made an error.
Nah the boots thing sounds better......jockey

King_Mungi
Nah the boots thing sounds better......jockey

Damn logic sad

Skeets
Patriot's wearing some nike shocks......jockey

King_Mungi
Patriot's wearing some nike shocks......jockey

No you fool it's Puma 1996 editions

ScarletSpider
Oh well, I'll be in college and too damn poor to afford it at that point anyways.

I don't think Millar is writing Patriot out of his power range, I think we just don't exactly know what Patriot's power range is yet, the last issue of YA just showed us he recovered pretty quickly, was strong enough to heft that statue around and had some amount of super-hearing. It's my guess Isaiah's blood had some mutagenic affect on him (similar to Jim Hammond giving Jacqueline Falsworth a blood transfusion which gave her super-speed, half of it's the donor, half of it is the receiver's own unique genetic sequence) or MGH has some side effects--because how much do we really know about it.

BlaqChaos

That would have to be the case, except in the mini he never showed anything like what Patriot did so that's why I'm like.....oooook...why would a blood transfusion give him those powers?. Even peak human condition couldn't make the Matrix leap he made.

Skeets
Originally posted by BlaqChaos
Even peak human condition couldn't make the Matrix leap he made.
Duh! it's the nike Shocks..........jockey

Black Adam
No they didn't, they said "you sure, that kid's indestructable" and that was him taking a missile. Also notice the rounds were hitting his entire body not just his shield.

what missile? they were two gas grenades that when they exploded took out some of the glass around the office cat

as for other names for "speed"

I heard on another board Blitzkrieg. or just Blitz.

Blair Wind
I always liked Blitz for a speedster....maybe its just me erm

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Blair Wind
I always liked Blitz for a speedster....maybe its just me erm Yes. It's just you.

TheKahn
what missile? they were two gas grenades that when they exploded took out some of the glass around the office cat

as for other names for "speed"

I heard on another board Blitzkrieg. or just Blitz.

Personally, I think either Blitzkrieg or Blitz would seem a little creepy considering who the kid's granddad is. erm

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by TheKahn
Personally, I think either Blitzkrieg or Blitz would seem a little creepy considering who the kid's granddad is. erm Oooh... good point. Mercury would tie in the uncle Quicksilver element and has connotations of speed.... but sounds crap and is already taken by the girl in New X-Men whose actually made out of mercury.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by TheKahn
Personally, I think either Blitzkrieg or Blitz would seem a little creepy considering who the kid's granddad is. erm

laughing

I was thinking the same exact thing.

Blair Wind
Yes. It's just you.

fu

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Blair Wind
fu big grin

ScarletSpider
I think Blitz doesn't sound bad. It even has, to me, a violent connotation, which certainly fits with his other power to simply blow shit up.

xmarksthespot
But... Blitz -> Blitzkrieg -> Nazi Germany -> Holocaust -> Magneto

ScarletSpider
You don't need to give me any sort of pseudo culturally literate etymology, I know perfectly well what a blitzkrieg is. However it should not be solely applied to the Nazi party.

Quite simply blitz means, as defined by our friend Miriam Webster : an intensive nonmilitary campaign : a sudden overwhelming bombardment

I think that fits the bill quite nicely. Much better than Speed, which has, if one wants to look at it in a pejorative light, drug connotations.

The Marvel character Blitzkrieger was certainly German, but he had no Nazi overtones and in fact was a hero. Hell, he was created by Claremont who gave Magneto his more human side. Plus, how many people, when they hear the word Blitz, think of Nazi death camps opposed to how many think of it in football terms?

xmarksthespot
Not many would think of the former... which is a sad statement on modern society and youth...

But anyway yeah, Speed is a craptacular name... heh I prefer the Runaways names they used briefly... Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds... Princess Powerful laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.