Development of Religion/God in naive Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Regret
Originally posted by TheSpinner
And Nothing convinces us that there is a GOD. It is all a product of the brainwashing since we were babies. Prove that there is a GOD outside from quoting religion that was fed to us before we even could think for ourselves.

I cannot reconcile this idea. Statements claiming that religion is only brainwashing. Where and when did the initial brainwashing occur? How was the idea of God/religion developed? I believe that we, living in a world where the idea of God/religion exists, do not explain this well. Given no example of a greater being, why would man jump to a God/religious idea? I am not sure that I believe that there is an adequate impetus to leaping to the idea of the supernatural. I am not saying it could not occur necessarily, but I cannot come to a decent scenario to lead to this idea.

Given a naive subjects, with no exposure to the ideas of God and religion. What impetus would lead to God/religion? And how would this development occur?

This is not a debate as religion or not, this is a discussion as to if it is really possible for religion/God to have developed in humanity without some outside influence.

Alliance
Oh geez, I'll come back to it later.

If you read my arguments to Eis...I say yes, but only under some circumstances.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.