beer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The big EH
how long would beer last (still be good to drink) if it hasent broken the seal?

ThePittman
Depends on the beer.

LizzyT123
whats the situation?

TheKingofKINGS!
Remember that time we stayed up all night drinkin' apple schnapps, and playing Tekkan 2??

LiL nAstY GirL
Originally posted by TheKingofKINGS!
Remember that time we stayed up all night drinkin' apple schnapps, and playing Tekkan 2??

laughing Great movie

TheKingofKINGS!
Originally posted by LiL nAstY GirL
laughing Great movie
Watched it today stick out tongue

LizzyT123
that movie is tooooo cool. So what? He can impersonate an orangutan, f*ck a doodle doo!

A.J
um i donno

Pandemoniac
Cornetto

But back to topic. It all depends on alcohol percentage and live bacteria in the beer. Normal beer (in the 4 to 6% alc. range) lasts about 8 months, depending on the brand. Higher alcoholic beers (like the 12.8 % Cannon from Grolsch) stay clean for about a year.
But the 'spoiling'of the product that the producers base the final consume-date on is that the bacteria in it alter the alcohol percentage upwards. It can still be consumed even if the conservation-date has expired, without ill effects. As alcohol is a preserving substance, beer has a natural defence against bugs.
Beer only really spoils and becomes bad many months after it was bottled; talking 1 and a half year later, even 2 years in case of the heavy beers.

amity75
Beer doesn't last any longer han 24 hours in my house so I wouldn't know.

The big EH
cool now same question but about wine

The big EH
Originally posted by amity75
Beer doesn't last any longer han 24 hours in my house so I wouldn't know. lol

Pandemoniac
laughing Good point! Who would want to keep beer untouched for months anyway?

Pandemoniac
Originally posted by The big EH
cool now same question but about wine

Wine only goes bad when exposed to oxygen ('duh' to myself) or when it is crappy from the start. If the wine is of good quality and the bottle is sealed properly, wine can stay good for over 30 years, probably much longer.

The big EH
sweet so why not the same with beer? it's sealed right?

amity75
As a general rule, wine shouldn't be drunk after 48 hours of being opened. Unless you're a jakey.

Pandemoniac
Yes. What matters is the yeast-bacteria. These produce alcohol out of sugars in both beer and wine. When making beer, the product is bottled when it reaches the desired percentage, including the live bacteria.
But when yeast causes a alcohol percentage of over 13%, they die because of their own product, as they can't stand it in those quantities.
And that is what happens when making wine, the yeast does not survive to see the bottle.
So in beer they are still alive and can influence the drink by living (processing and crapping) in it, while they are not present alive in wine, causing no trouble.

The big EH
oh thats cool

Pandemoniac
Glad to be of assistance

amity75
Originally posted by Pandemoniac
Yes. What matters is the yeast-bacteria. These produce alcohol out of sugars in both beer and wine. When making beer, the product is bottled when it reaches the desired percentage, including the live bacteria.
But when yeast causes a alcohol percentage of over 13%, they die because of their own product, as they can't stand it in those quantities.
And that is what happens when making wine, the yeast does not survive to see the bottle.
So in beer they are still alive and can influence the drink by living (processing and crapping) in it, while they are not present alive in wine, causing no trouble. So is that why I always throw up after drinking 16 pints of Stella?

Pandemoniac
No, that is because your body cannot cope with the alcohol itself anymore, and pulls a 'eject' to prevent further exposure.
The beer-farts the day after, those you can blame on the yeast.

amity75
No, that is because your body cannot cope with the alcohol itself anymore, and pulls a 'eject' to prevent further exposure.
The beer-farts the day after, those you can blame on the yeast. I don't want to even start talking about beer farts no

The big EH
lol

Pandemoniac
Good

The big EH
do you by any chance work with alchohol?

Milkie
http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/9366/wasted2cz.jpg

Pandemoniac
No, I just have experience with it, and the part of my brain it did not kill holds many trivia like this

The big EH
lol

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by The big EH
how long would beer last (still be good to drink) if it hasent broken the seal?
Quit getting into Daddy's beer, you're only what...14? roll eyes (sarcastic)

The Pict
Originally posted by ILoveMyDaniel
Quit getting into Daddy's beer, you're only what...14? roll eyes (sarcastic)

harsh! ( laughing out loud )

The big EH
actually i only had one beer per week and thats on sunday

-Tired Hiker-
No, I just have experience with it, and the part of my brain it did not kill holds many trivia like this

Good stuff, nice beer info!! thumb up thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.