Who is you best couple in X-MEN?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Viviane Hor
Answer it !
So easy.

The Pict
Kitty and Lockheed big grin

Jury
This was done before. here's the thread:

X-Men Couples

gambit12 mon ami

Icicle
Originally posted by Jury

X-Men Couples

gambit12 mon ami

This is different, she's asking what people think the best couple is.
I think Scott and Jean.

Jury
She's not asking what.. she's asking WHO your best couple would be.

The thread I cited is just the right place.

Comprehend?

gambit12 mon ami

Jury
gambit2

Noa
Dude I think we could do with another one already. Don't you think?? Some of those post date back to like 2003! 0.o I reckon this one is alright. right?

masterkit
does it have to be a real couple?

Viviane Hor
Anyone say
"SCOTT & JEAN !!!"
UNBEATABLE

Scarlet_Spidey

Comprehend?

gambit12 mon ami

Comprehend is bad French, if French is what you are desperately trying to write. It should be 'Comprends ?'

Dr.Variant
**** scott and jean. its all about kitty and spidey

X-Woman
Originally posted by Noa
Dude I think we could do with another one already. Don't you think?? Some of those post date back to like 2003! 0.o I reckon this one is alright. right?
So? confused
They could add a poll to make this thread more diff.

Noa
Originally posted by X-Woman
So? confused
They could add a poll to make this thread more diff.

yeah I guess so, sound good to me.

thorncrawler
Originally posted by Scarlet_Spidey
Comprehend is bad French, if French is what you are desperately trying to write. It should be 'Comprends ?'

unless he was trying to say comprehend!!! as in com-pre-hend, do you understand!!
comprends?

Soleran
Colossus and Wolverine in Ultimates

Jury
Originally posted by Scarlet_Spidey
Comprehend is bad French, if French is what you are desperately trying to write. It should be 'Comprends ?' It doesn't matter. Go to OTF if you want to discuss languages and stuff.

gambit12 mon ami

systemshock2
Originally posted by Dr.Variant
**** scott and jean. its all about kitty and spidey

Amen to that. I recently saw some promotional pic with Spider-man and Kitty together, she holding him from behind as he's swinging through the city, and it suddenly made so much sense. Two young fun people like that deserve to be with one another.

Jury
X-Men Couples thread, please.

gambit12 mon ami

cain marko

X-Men Couples

gambit12 mon ami Originally posted by Jury

Comprehend?

It doesn't matter. Go to OTF if you want to discuss languages and stuff.

X-Men Couples thread, please.

gambit12 mon ami Originally posted by Icicle
This is different, she's asking what people think the best couple is.
I think Scott and Jean.

they're still copules ergo fitting the catagory of the thread jury has provided stick out tongue

megaroguefan
i said it before and i say it again.ROGUE AND GAMBIT ROCKS.

wannabe
Emma and Scott are!

megaroguefan
i don't understand scott is with jean or with emma?

Raoul
Originally posted by megaroguefan
i don't understand scott is with jean or with emma?

jean is dead, and he's with emma... been that way for a fair few years now...

megaroguefan
but wasn't jean dead and at the moment she is alive?

Raoul
but wasn't jean dead and at the moment she is alive?

she's off having phoenix adventures, so she's not on our plane of existence, or is, but is the phoenix...

she's not around in any jean-esque form, so she might as well be dead...

Shalimar_fox
I'm not sure iff there two were an couple at any time but I think Ororo and Logan

Genosha
O and Wolvie have been paired up in alternate time lines and they've always been close friends. Personally, I like the way they work together.

Oh, here's a weird trend, Exiles and New exiles bounce around in different realities and time lines alot. Remy and Storm have been paired up more times than one would expect.

megaroguefan
i see remy and storm just as friends
gambit likes girls with atitude

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by Raoul
been that way for a fair few years now...

hehehe...you had a "Father O'Malley" moment there. Roots beginning to show huh Irish boy? evil face

As for the topic, I'll go ahead and say it:

"Ultimate Wolverine and Ultimate Colossus".

There. It's been said. Deal with it.

If you think about it, it makes perfect sense. Wolverine can't cut Colossus so those prissy fits he gets in won't matter much, and they can make sweet sweet love thanks to Wolverine's healing factor. Pain of sitting down should dampen the relationship a bit though but hey, he's gotta be used to it...

~The Wickerman~
i see remy and storm just as friends
gambit likes girls with atitude

Also, please note Storm has more attitude than most x-chicks. Especially the one from the Exiles issues where she and Remy were together.

Also, nice location thumb up

megaroguefan
Originally posted by ~The Wickerman~
Also, please note Storm has more attitude than most x-chicks. Especially the one from the Exiles issues where she and Remy were together.

Also, nice location thumb up
Rogue is the girl with attitude in the x-men. it's obvious and thanks i'm proude of my location becouse i live in transilvanya

~The Wickerman~
Rogue is the girl with attitude in the x-men. it's obvious and thanks i'm proude of my location becouse i live in transilvanya

Rogue is the crybaby in the x-men together with oh well....60% of the team. Not on one single occassion did she strike me as any more authorative or imposing than Storm. Sure, she may have hissy fits, but that doesn't mean attitude, it means she's a brat. There's a reason why Storm is higher up in the x-men hierarchy of leadership than Rogue.

Raoul
hehehe...you had a "Father O'Malley" moment there. Roots beginning to show huh Irish boy? evil face

As for the topic, I'll go ahead and say it:

"Ultimate Wolverine and Ultimate Colossus".

There. It's been said. Deal with it.

If you think about it, it makes perfect sense. Wolverine can't cut Colossus so those prissy fits he gets in won't matter much, and they can make sweet sweet love thanks to Wolverine's healing factor. Pain of sitting down should dampen the relationship a bit though but hey, he's gotta be used to it...

shock

Rogue is the crybaby in the x-men together with oh well....60% of the team. Not on one single occassion did she strike me as any more authorative or imposing than Storm. Sure, she may have hissy fits, but that doesn't mean attitude, it means she's a brat. There's a reason why Storm is higher up in the x-men hierarchy of leadership than Rogue.

*refuses to make affirmative action joke*

embarrasment

~The Wickerman~
shock

You find that weirder than Beast, Angel, Cyclops, Iceman AND Xavier wanting to do Jean back in the day? laughing out loud

*refuses to make affirmative action joke*

embarrasment

laughing out loud hater uhuh

Raoul
You find that weirder than Beast, Angel, Cyclops, Iceman AND Xavier wanting to do Jean back in the day? laughing out loud

yes, but its not as if they all did...

stick out tongue

~The Wickerman~
yes, but its not as if they all did...

stick out tongue

As if they all did what, wanted to do her, or actually did her?

Cause I'm sure about the first, wouldn't be surprised about the second stick out tongue

Jean always struck me as a s1ut for some reason. The sort of good girl next door type who's nice to everyone, but is always looking for a shoulder to cry on and an X-gene phallus to shine. shifty

redhotrash
Scott and Jean are like that annoying couple in highschool that makes ya sick. Generic Jock + Arrogant prep

Raoul
As if they all did what, wanted to do her, or actually did her?

Cause I'm sure about the first, wouldn't be surprised about the second stick out tongue

Jean always struck me as a s1ut for some reason. The sort of good girl next door type who's nice to everyone, but is always looking for a shoulder to cry on and an X-gene phallus to shine. shifty

it wouldnt surprise me... if her head wasnt jammed up her ass so much, well, you can probably fill in the rest...

emma's better...

megaroguefan
Originally posted by redhotrash
Scott and Jean are like that annoying couple in highschool that makes ya sick. Generic Jock + Arrogant prep
laughing you are right

drwerwer
Ultimate Cyclops and his fantasy lover Wolverine........Be loud banging metal sounds all right.

Blax_Hydralisk
What the ****, people?

D_A_R_E
Gambit and Rogue without question.

KLACA
logan as wolverin and jean grey

jdea
Storm and Wolverine for sure

rianna_d
Gambit and Rogue

Wei Phoenix
Emma and Cyclops

rougeredmage
siren and madrox

wannabe
Emma & Scott for sure!!!

megaroguefan
Emma and Scott sucks

wannabe
Emma and Scott sucks
Why is that? confused
Scott has never been as interesting and multifacetted as he is, since he's with Emma.
Frost on her part truely loves him and offers a personality that is much more of a challenge than Jean ever was AND she's strong and cunning without beeing either allpowerful, evil or dead.
All in all they're two people who are really complementing each other as a couple ... like it or not.

megaroguefan
scott chosed a bimbo blonde with big breasts instead of jean an respected x-men member

wannabe
scott chosed a bimbo blonde with big breasts instead of jean an respected x-men member
Yeah, beause Emma is really nothing more than a bimbo. It's not just a mask to be used by her, but really a representation of the core of her personality, which is dull, unwitty, boring, unsurprising, uncaring and shallow. (just in case someone didn't notice: MASSIVE IRONY!)
On the oherhand we have an admittedly intelligent, goodlooking ad respected redhead, which just happens to be the embodyment of a major cosmic force, and occasionally turns out to be nigh allmighty, evil or dead ... sounds like fun to be with such a someone and the chances for a working longtermrelationship are pretty good, if you really think about it. (again: IRONY intended)
wink

jdea
I'm still rooting for Storm to divorce BP and get with Wolvie, but that's real unlikely, so I'll respond to the Cyke and Emma thing, I think he's better with Jean, hopefully they end up back together, the two are just too iconic to be seperated

megaroguefan
Originally posted by wannabe
Yeah, beause Emma is really nothing more than a bimbo. It's not just a mask to be used by her, but really a representation of the core of her personality, which is dull, unwitty, boring, unsurprising, uncaring and shallow. (just in case someone didn't notice: MASSIVE IRONY!)
On the oherhand we have an admittedly intelligent, goodlooking ad respected redhead, which just happens to be the embodyment of a major cosmic force, and occasionally turns out to be nigh allmighty, evil or dead ... sounds like fun to be with such a someone and the chances for a working longtermrelationship are pretty good, if you really think about it. (again: IRONY intended)
wink
your theory it's interasting but i still don't think that scott and emma are the best x-couple

wannabe
your theory it's interasting but i still don't think that scott and emma are the best x-couple
You don't have to! no
My intention was not to convince you of them being the best couple, but to show you that (realistically) a working relationship with Jean is most probably impossible for mere humans ... including all non omega mutants.
And i also tried to show you, that whether you like Emma or not, she did him good as a comic character and as a man, and those who think she is just a dumb blond bimbo are EXACTLY those people she want's to fool with that mask.

megaroguefan
or prehaps her fans want's to belive that she wears a mask

Raoul

it is an act/defence mechanism. her mini series dealt with how shitty her life was for a long time before she met the x-men...

look at how she is when she's alone with cyclops, and then in public...

wannabe
My statement wasn't motivated by my "fanboyism", but by what's been shown, expressed and even plainly written in the comics.
it is an act/defence mechanism. her mini series dealt with how shitty her life was for a long time before she met the x-men...

Exactly my point!

megaroguefan

so you are tryng to say that emma is a heartless ***** outside but inside an angel...

wannabe
so you are tryng to say that emma is a heartless ***** outside but inside an angel...
Are there only those two extremes to a human character you can think of?
Emma is not always a "heartless *****" on the outside and she is certainly not a complete angel on the inside. She is simply a normal human within, who can (and does) really love, be harmed, suffer, feel genuine compassion etc.
I'm actually pretty confused that you don't know that, cause it's been shown and written in the comics pretty often. Didn't you read that many issues with Emma? confused

Raoul

no. she's no angel, but neither was jean, and scott certainly isn't.

but emma does genuinely love scott. she treats him with love, respect, and at least in his eyes she's more accepting of his flaws than jean ever was...

megaroguefan
Are there only those two extremes to a human character you can think of?
Emma is not always a "heartless *****" on the outside and she is certainly not a complete angel on the inside. She is simply a normal human within, who can (and does) really love, be harmed, suffer, feel genuine compassion etc.
I'm actually pretty confused that you don't know that, cause it's been shown and written in the comics pretty often. Didn't you read that many issues with Emma? confused
it's amazing how you guys are tryng to defend Emma but i don't think you would do the same thing for another character...and prehaps you are right she loves scott i don't say she dosn't but that dosn't help the other ones she hurts

Raoul
it's amazing how you guys are tryng to defend Emma but i don't think you would do the same thing for another character...and prehaps you are right she loves scott i don't say she dosn't but that dosn't help the other ones she hurts

it depends on the character...

i personally, hated emma at first, but then i went back and read her older stuff, and saw how she was written with scott, and my opinion changed...

she doesnt tend to like the other women in the team... so? this is couples, not friends... stick out tongue

wannabe
it's amazing how you guys are tryng to defend Emma but i don't think you would do the same thing for another character
Oho, that is quite a bit of an assumption about someone you don't really know, isn't it?!
Btw., Emma may be one of my favourite comic book characters, but then she is just ONE of quite some, and if one of those others (f.e. Mystique, Nightcrawler, Beast, Apollo & Midnighter) would be reduced to something that's not doing them justice, i would try to explain them just as thoroughly as i do Emma now.
...and prehaps you are right she loves scott i don't say she dosn't but that dosn't help the other ones she hurts
I'm still confused with your perception!
What we wrote was not just about her love for Scott, and we didn't write it to defend Emma, but to explain parts of her personality and behaviour to someone, who obviously doesn't know much about her and thus tends to simplify and reduce her to something she certainly is not.
I can only repeat myself:
Her own mini series explained that she had a very complicated childhood with maaany disappointments, hurt feelings and cruelty, so she finally developed a psychological armor (the seemingly heartless White Queen) to protect herself from further pain. It's nothing i or Raoul made up to defend her, it's her official story written in the comics!
Of course she hurt many people as the White Queen and also after that time she tends to be cynical and sardonic. Yet all of this time there was still that part of her, which really cared about her students and her teammates, tried to protect them and awfully grieved when some of them suffered or even died ... and she expressed that part on many occasions! There was always that part of her that honestly self-reflected and acknowledged her own personality-flaws and took measures to counteract them, that's why she brought Kitty into the team of the Astonishing X-Men (just one example). Again that's nothing any of us interpreted or simply invented because we like her, it's part of her explicitly stated history and expressed personality in the comics!

conclusion:
She is surely no angel, she never was, but she is much definitely not just a blond dumb heartless bimbo as you described her, and she is good for Scott on a personal level and for Cyclops as a comic book character. That's all we tried to make clear.

megaroguefan
thanks for explaining to me guys..i didn't changed my opinion about emma but,thanks for telling me your opinion smile

wannabe
thanks for explaining to me guys..i didn't changed my opinion about emma but,thanks for telling me your opinion smile
Even though it was not an expression of our opinion, but a statement of facts, it's of course your prerogative to cling to your opinion. smile

Raoul
Even though it was not an expression of our opinion, but a statement of facts, it's of course your prerogative to cling to your opinion. smile

come on now, we all have our likes and dislikes... in the actual marvel world, the majority of people who know of emma think she's a right cow, the only people who don't are the people the closest to her (scott, hank, prof), so its natural that some people won't like her...

i hate gambit, but he and rogue seem like a good couple, so i'm not going to rain on someone elses parade...

pridemorekatie
I believe that Wolverine and Storm make a good couple...:/

wannabe
come on now, we all have our likes and dislikes... in the actual marvel world, the majority of people who know of emma think she's a right cow, the only people who don't are the people the closest to her (scott, hank, prof), so its natural that some people won't like her...
Of course many people don't like her and with a personality like her's it's actually not surprising at all.
I wasn't referring to facts that would force anyone to like Emma, which would be a stupid intent, i was referring to facts that proove Emma is more than just a dumb blond heartless bimbo and that she is actually good for Scott so far! See the difference?! wink

dgeniu
Hmm...I think I`d go with Rogue and Gambit. Those two are funny together!

Scott + Jean are too much the classic couple for my taste...but I don`t know much about the Scott/Emma thing to be able to formulate an opinion stick out tongue

Wei Phoenix

i hate gambit, but he and rogue seem like a good couple, so i'm not going to rain on someone elses parade...

I'm way late but why do you hate Gambit? He is THE coolest Mutant ever.

Raoul
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
I'm way late but why do you hate Gambit? He is THE coolest Mutant ever.

shock

Wei Phoenix
shock

Its true. Scott is my favorite, but Gambit just has style and that attitude that says I'm cool. He's cooler than Iceman!

See what I did there?

Raoul
Its true. Scott is my favorite, but Gambit just has style and that attitude that says I'm cool. He's cooler than Iceman!

See what I did there?

you want me to post the gambit link again?

Wei Phoenix
you want me to post the gambit link again?

Only if you still want this to happen.

Oh my god you suck so hard right now. Our friendship is over, and now the only thing in my heart is vengeance!!!

I shall become a writer and get hired at Marvel. I'll work on an X-Men run and guess what? Jean comes back and you find out that her and Scott planned this all along. He never loved Emma, and he goes back to being good ol' family man Cyclops with solar powered optic blasts. Then Jean betrays him and goes with Wolverine. Scott is now disgruntled and in awe, he loses all of his skills due to excessive drinking and suicidal thoughts while Wolverine, Jean and Rachel are happy together. He leaves the X-Men and dies six months later of alcohol poisoning.

Oh you know Superman right? We're going to retcon him a bit. He's been an evil android this whole time and there is no such thing as Krypton or kryptonite, they were all created by him so he could fool the world. Then him and Henshaw fuse together to make the Omega-El and destroy the world.

Now how do you like me now?!

Raoul
Only if you still want this to happen.

ermm

Wei Phoenix
ermm

Truce?

Raoul
Truce?

for now... uhuh

LordKaos
Originally posted by dgeniu
Hmm...I think I`d go with Rogue and Gambit. Those two are funny together!

Scott + Jean are too much the classic couple for my taste...but I don`t know much about the Scott/Emma thing to be able to formulate an opinion stick out tongue

This should help you formulate one, After the 12 thing Scott was kinda messed up in the head, Emma took advantage of this, but started falling for him, Jean kicks her mind-ass, she is shattered, Jean brings her back realizing that Emma is truly in love with Scott, Jean becomes Phoenix, dies, Scott never gets over her and leaves Emma and the Xmen as he never loved Emma, but Jean intervenes and now after telepathic coaxing he stays with Emma. Their relationship can be likened to a telepathic illusion based on Jean making Scott let her go in his heart, had she not there would be no Scott and Emma, only a Scott that can only stop loving Jean if she makes him do it telepathically.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by LordKaos
This should help you formulate one, After the 12 thing Scott was kinda messed up in the head, Emma took advantage of this, but started falling for him, Jean kicks her mind-ass, she is shattered, Jean brings her back realizing that Emma is truly in love with Scott, Jean becomes Phoenix, dies, Scott never gets over her and leaves Emma and the Xmen as he never loved Emma, but Jean intervenes and now after telepathic coaxing he stays with Emma. Their relationship can be likened to a telepathic illusion based on Jean making Scott let her go in his heart, had she not there would be no Scott and Emma, only a Scott that can only stop loving Jean if she makes him do it telepathically.

All that being said, Scott and Emma are still better than Jean. Looks more real and easy going. Jean and Scott seemed forced. Emma is better for him.

Wei Phoenix
for now...

Wouldn't have it any other way nemesis...uhuh

Ridley_Prime
lol For a second there, I thought you were referring to the user nemesis. laughing out loud

But yeah. I agree with you there about Gambit.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
lol For a second there, I thought you were referring to the user nemesis. laughing out loud

But yeah. I agree with you there about Gambit.

Nemesis is Raoul's sock?! eek!

LordKaos
All that being said, Scott and Emma are still better than Jean. Looks more real and easy going. Jean and Scott seemed forced. Emma is better for him. [/QUOTE

Point being Emma and Scott are forced (by Jean), it was shown that Jean and Scott shared a psi rapport before they met, even Xavier couldn't locate him, he was only able to sense Scott through Jeans telepathy. He hasn't shown that he has any more passion for Emma now than he showed with Jean then, until after his merging which changed every aspect of his life not just his relationship with Jean. Scott being the perfect little boy scout was because of his relationship with Xavier, not Jean, he had nothing to prove to a woman who was constantly present in his mind, a facet of their relationship that was only possible because of her telepathy, a facet that she in fact never tried to reestablish after the rapport was broken, because she too was changed after regaining her tk. He never loved Emma until Jean pushed him to, even during their "affair" the only way she could get him excited was to seduce him by making herself more Jean-like in appearance and he still only loved Jean, even after her death. His relationship with Emma is based on telepathic coercion, not genuine feelings, it's like an arranged marriage he's grown to have feelings for her, but only due to Jean's actions.

stormultt
blah.....id like it if storm and angel had hooked up but ya know things happen(like the writers ****ing every damn thing up)

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by stormultt
blah.....id like it if storm and angel had hooked up but ya know things happen(like the writers ****ing every damn thing up)

No! That's one batch of chocolate I'll never allow him to dip in.

nikbackm

Whoa, that's a gross misinterpretation of "Here Comes Tomorrow" and Morrison's whole run.

Raoul
Nemesis is Raoul's sock?! eek!

don't you dare.

All that being said, Scott and Emma are still better than Jean. Looks more real and easy going. Jean and Scott seemed forced. Emma is better for him.

to be honest i disagree...

when scott was with jean, she was his first love, everything they had was pure and disney like. she was a princess up on a pedestal, and he spent his time trying to measure up, trying to be the perfect man for her. that meant him hiding urges and feelings that he felt might turn jean away, or make her see him in a different light. whether jean would have accepted him or not is another story, but in his heart and mind, he was afraid of losing her...

with emma, she knows and accepts him. he's more willing to be open with her, and show him those sides of him that aren't perfect or romantic. they're both damaged goods, and it makes them readily available to accept each other's faults.

jean did manipulate scott, but i'm pretty sure every single writer since then has just forgotten about morrison's bit of phoenix manipulation...

Wei Phoenix
don't you dare.

Ah...sorry. I forgo about the truce. embarrasment

Wei Phoenix

jean did manipulate scott, but i'm pretty sure every single writer since then has just forgotten about morrison's bit of phoenix manipulation...

Thing is that she wouldn't have manipulated him if she didn't think that Emma was right for him. Yes, right for him, not ok, or a replacement for her, but right for him.

nikbackm

when scott was with jean, she was his first love, everything they had was pure and disney like. she was a princess up on a pedestal, and he spent his time trying to measure up, trying to be the perfect man for her. that meant him hiding urges and feelings that he felt might turn jean away, or make her see him in a different light. whether jean would have accepted him or not is another story, but in his heart and mind, he was afraid of losing her...

with emma, she knows and accepts him. he's more willing to be open with her, and show him those sides of him that aren't perfect or romantic. they're both damaged goods, and it makes them readily available to accept each other's faults.

It's quite clear that Jean did something with Scott's mind in the last arc, but she definitely did not make him fall in love with Emma, that would be pretty opposite to the theme of Morrison's run which was breaking old (stale) cycles and building up new things for the future. Starting out with brainwashing someone to fall in love with someone else does not seem to fit that very well.

Scott and Jean had grown apart which was clearly highlighted during their interactions and Scott's talk with Logan in the Hellfire Club during the Weapon Plus storyline. Scott drifted towards Emma which of course made him feel more guilty about the whole mess. So when Jean died in Planet X it was quite obvious how he would react, consider everything his fault and go away to bury himself in guilt and shame. Her death was the straw that broke the camel's back.

What Jean did was simply removing this crushing guilt. She urged him "live", she did not force him to hook up with Emma, that was just a natural consequence when the guilt was taken away.

At least that interpretation makes more sense to me than Jean brainwashing Scott to fall in love with her rival. That would hardly be necessary to make Scott get his act together. It's also a more unselfish act on Jean's part knowing Scott would go to Emma of his own free will instead of having her do it for him. (If you have to lose your childhood love I imagine it would be easier if you decided it yourself rather than him doing it on his own).

Ridley_Prime
don't you dare.
haermm

Thing is that she wouldn't have manipulated him if she didn't think that Emma was right for him. Yes, right for him, not ok, or a replacement for her, but right for him.
Really? I've been a bit behind on X-Men now, but.. wow. How noble of her.

Raoul

i disagree. i don't think jean cared for emma, i just think that the x-men needed scott. without him there, hank would have been overwhelmed.

Originally posted by nikbackm
It's quite clear that Jean did something with Scott's mind in the last arc, but she definitely did not make him fall in love with Emma, that would be pretty opposite to the theme of Morrison's run which was breaking old (stale) cycles and building up new things for the future. Starting out with brainwashing someone to fall in love with someone else does not seem to fit that very well.

Scott and Jean had grown apart which was clearly highlighted during their interactions and Scott's talk with Logan in the Hellfire Club during the Weapon Plus storyline. Scott drifted towards Emma which of course made him feel more guilty about the whole mess. So when Jean died in Planet X it was quite obvious how he would react, consider everything his fault and go away to bury himself in guilt and shame. Her death was the straw that broke the camel's back.

What Jean did was simply removing this crushing guilt. She urged him "live", she did not force him to hook up with Emma, that was just a natural consequence when the guilt was taken away.

At least that interpretation makes more sense to me than Jean brainwashing Scott to fall in love with her rival. That would hardly be necessary to make Scott get his act together. It's also a more unselfish act on Jean's part knowing Scott would go to Emma of his own free will instead of having her do it for him. (If you have to lose your childhood love I imagine it would be easier if you decided it yourself rather than him doing it on his own).

why did you quote me? i agree with a lot of what you said...

Ridley_Prime
i disagree. i don't think jean cared for emma, i just think that the x-men needed scott. without him there, hank would have been overwhelmed.
Hmm. I guess it could have been either way. mmm

Raoul
i think scott just happened to be with emma at the time. jean saw that scott saw something in emma, so made him stay. i don't think she made scott fall for emma, as him loving her took a while to fully blossom. at the most, i think jean just opened his mind to the possibility a little...

nikbackm

why did you quote me? i agree with a lot of what you said...

I mainly wanted to expand upon the last part of Jean's so called manipulation (I see it more like her setting him free), but left the other parts in for context.

Raoul
Originally posted by nikbackm
I mainly wanted to expand upon the last part of Jean's so called manipulation (I see it more like her setting him free), but left the other parts in for context.

oh, ok...

Wei Phoenix

More like without him they and all of the three titles would be without a job.

Wei Phoenix
Does anybody know what is going on in Uncanny X-Men?

Raoul
Does anybody know what is going on in Uncanny X-Men?

apparently, madelyne pryor is back from the dead, cyclops' relationship with emma is a little shaky, and colossus is struggling to deal with kitty's death...

Wei Phoenix
apparently, madelyne pryor is back from the dead, cyclops' relationship with emma is a little shaky, and colossus is struggling to deal with kitty's death...

Knew she was back, I bought that one. Last time I checked Scott and Emma were enjoying nice telepathic S&M...what happened to my favorite couple? How and when did she die and who did it?

roleplay
I'm really hoping Domino and Logan get together. It wouldn't be the first time after all. (The New X-Men annual right?)

Those two are sexy together. <3

Face
Rogue and Gambit

Raoul
Knew she was back, I bought that one. Last time I checked Scott and Emma were enjoying nice telepathic S&M...what happened to my favorite couple? How and when did she die and who did it?

wut?

Silent Guardian
wolverine and cyclops

Wade Wilson
I like Rogue/Gambit. Also Kitty/Peter.

mastagambit
Scott and Jean was nice,but I like how foxy Emma is,after all the title even stated she is a 'psychic vixen'. How can you go wrong with that? So I say Emma and Scott,Rogue and Gambit.

emmaandroguefan
Emma and Scott. It's so brilliant not even I would had thought of it. Marvel U can give them their trails and tribulations, but please never seperate them, Peace.

megaroguefan
Rogue and Gambit..u all know thy are made 4 each other

roleplay
Logan and Storm.

katie_girl09
...i hate gambit...
Yes. You certainly do. stick out tongue

emmaandroguefan
Also although it's not an official couple, I would LOVE to see Vanisher and Lady Mastermind hook up, Peace.

Zalindrana
It was never stated that Kitty died to my knowledge. She is just MIA. So most likely she will return.

ANYWAY

Gambit and Rogue. O.o

Nighty101
Ok to me... probably because he is my favorite.... Nightcrawler goes really really really reallly really really well with one of these three--
Kitty
Storm
Scarlet Witch
But the Scarlet Witch only worked on in an alternate demension
Storm only worked out a tiny bit in X2 (if anyone remembers the backstage plane seen wink
Kitty.... well... Kitty and Nightcrawler have been best friends forever and together they make a really good team.

maxman1180
i said it before and i say it again.ROGUE AND GAMBIT ROCKS.

love this couple...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.