Darth Maul and Mace vs Genarl grivous and Anikan.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Anthony$Billy
i always wonder how this would work. MAce from ROTS and ani to.
So please give me ur ideas of would happen. and the winner.

sorry about speeling....

Discuss big grin

Lord Kadaj
Darth Maul and Mace. Mace can handle them both.

Anthony$Billy
i think it be more even with mace and anikain though. cause supposedly anikain is supposed to be teh estrongest.... and mace is pretty damn strong so i think ill be a good stand off

Lightsnake
Grievous can kill Maul, and Anakin is capable of beating Mace

Anthony$Billy
that qill be a cool fight i would want tosee Happy Dance

Legion_of_Maul
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Grievous can kill Maul, and Anakin is capable of beating Mace from where do you get that information?

anakin could barely beat obiwan for that matter, and Obiwan has on many occasions been voted weaker than mace windu. How do you get that anakin could beat mace, please tell me?

kamikz
Obi-Wan knew Anakin's attacks as good as his own, if they were just two random people fighting eachother Obi would not have done so well. So says both Lucas and Nick Gillard. He won by prolonging the duel until he found a place where Anakin's lack of patiens and his overconfident tricked him into loosing.... Also, I bet Obi could survive a long time against Mace as well...

Lightsnake
Miss where Ani beat Dooku, Mace's equal or better?

Admiral Akbar
Did you miss the fact that anakin is filled with anger and lust, the exact thing that he cannot expose to against Mace.

Apollo5Cloud
Mace would be able to dispose of Grievous very quickly with the force. He has done it on many occasions. Anakin is no match for Mace, let alone Mace and Maul.

Admiral Akbar
Yes. he spotted GG's shatterpoint fairly quickly.

darthsith19
Mace beats Anakin, Maul beats Grievous (if it's ROTS Grievous). If it's CW Grievous he kills Maul quicker than Mace kills Anakin and then Anakin and Grievous double-up on Mace and kill him. So which Grievous is it?

Apollo5Cloud
Grievous in ROTS is as powerful as he is in the CW.

Lightsnake
Oh, please...anakin was more than Dooku's match and his own dark side is able to counter Mace's own...Dooku had to fight seriously and that was BEFORE Anakin gave into the dark

Apollo5Cloud
Dude did we watch the same movie?

Lightsnake
If it was the movie where Dooku ended up a head shorter, yeah

KingDubya
I think this battle leans towards Mace and Maul. If Maul fights Grievous and Mace fights Anakin, then most likely Anakin will lose, Maul will lose, then Mace will defeat Grievous. If the battles are switched, Mace would defeat Grievous and Maul has a better chance of defeating Anakin than the other way around. If Anakin wins against Maul, he still gets his ass whooped by Mace.

jollyjim311
Wait, you think Maul would beat Anakin?

KingDubya
Hmmm... Now that I think about it, that does seem a bit farfetched. Still, I included that if Anakin won, Mace would still whoop his ass.

Admiral Akbar
Oh, please...anakin was more than Dooku's match and his own dark side is able to counter Mace's own...Dooku had to fight seriously and that was BEFORE Anakin gave into the dark

"The power of Vaapad is simple: it is a channel for one's inner darkness; and it is a reflecting device. With strict control, a person's own emotions and inner darkness can be changed into a weapon of the light. Vaapad is able to take the hatred, anger and rage of the opponent and reflect it back at him. In his fight with Palpatine, Mace Windu used Palpatine's own speed and hatred against him, reflecting it back against the Sith Lord and using it as his own power. Vaapad is at once a form of lightsaber combat, a state of mind, and an actual tangible power. To use it required great mastery, discipline and, above all else, purity of heart and spirit. Vaapad users are intense, focused, and introverted; there are even signs of pent-up hostility in them."

Sucks for Anakin.

stone7
this is how it would go down. grievous would take maul and win.anakin and mace are about equal. I think mace would win though through his experience. mace beat sidious in a duel so he could beat anakin barely.so its down to mace and grievous. mace defenitely could have done wat obi did and more. mace probally would've ended at the beggining with his lightsaber.

Admiral Akbar
Mace is a better lightsaber duelist than Anakin and his force powers are better also. They are not equals..Mace even states Assaj and him are not equals, Anakin vs Assaj was considered a "good fight." She bested him in a lightsaber duel.

Lightsnake
When'd Asajj best Anakin? Last time they fought, Anakin destroyed her.

kamikz
Yup, Anakin disarmed Assaj, but she escaped. Then she was owned in the temple, at the top she managed to disarm him (but Anakin had already done that to her in the last few minutes) but he still won.... And that was padawan Anakin.....

Admiral Akbar
When'd Asajj best Anakin? Last time they fought, Anakin destroyed her.
In the clone wars when she "disarmed" him. Destorying her is not grabbing her hands and breaking her wrists.

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by kamikz
Yup, Anakin disarmed Assaj, but she escaped. Then she was owned in the temple, at the top she managed to disarm him (but Anakin had already done that to her in the last few minutes) but he still won.... And that was padawan Anakin.....
Anakin at that point should have already recieved knight status. "Padawans" dont fight like that.

kamikz
And Obi reached Knight status after 24 years of traning, Anakin after 11 years. Padawanas shouldn't be promoted that fast.....

Admiral Akbar
Anakin achieved equally if not more than Obi wan has in 24 years. I think he deserved Knight status, after all Mace became a master at a young age. What was it 21? His twenties...

kamikz
Yeah but Anakin has only trained for a short duration of years, many of the council members disagreed to him being promoted to a knight. But if we are only going to judge his fighting capability then I could say that he would be a master by Obsession so there is no need in calling him a knight in ROTS...... Thing is that either if you call Anakin a padawan or a knight, he did evolve alot during only those last two years in the clone wars as well.

Admiral Akbar
I'm not only debating his fighting capability, but Anakin has possibly achieved more in terms of victories in battle and heroic efforts. So he isn't only a great duelist, but a good jedi. Good jedi are promoted. He IMO was far better than Padawan status.

kamikz
Hmm let's see.

He cannot control his emotions.
He was trained when he was to old.
He has still only trained for 10 years.

How does winning battles make you a good jedi? Warrior possibly, but jedi?

Admiral Akbar
Explain his heroic efforts.

1.) Ok.
2.) I never really understood that. Why too old when he was like 4 years old.
3.) So..since when does training time make a difference. Luke with minimal training bested Vader, Anakin overcame Dooku. Mace at a young age was able to contend with many Knights and Padawans.

kamikz
They need other things than accomplished feats in war....

Anakin was 9 when he begun his traning. Most or many jedi begun when they were months old.

Luke was still a padawan at the time, and he wasn't trained by an order of jedi, he was trained by Yoda and was the only hope for the future jedi. Anakin did also not evolve as quickly as Luke. (Might be that Luke was already old when he started his traning, thus he learnt faster, and had a less troublled past).

But this is very weird. People are differently powerful, thus you cannot say, "he is at the level of a master so he is a master", they don't have the same potential and skills. For example, Luke was awefully much above Yoda, still they were both grandmasters. Luke did not have a level of super jedi or force god, just a master for the time in NJO. Even if Anakin was better than any other padawan and possibly any knight doesn't mean he is a knight or should be one....

Lord Kadaj
omg this still going on? Mace and Maul pwns them!! Mace would pwn Grevious like he did in CW and join Maul to defeat Anakin.

Anthony$Billy
Maul>Grevious
Mace=ankian
greavious+anikan=dead mace big grin

jollyjim311
... But you said Maul was better than Greivous...

HK69
Mace can do this pretty easily on his own. However with Maul, he destroys Grievous with the force in about 5 seconds, and then with Maul proceeds to kick Anakin's ass.

kamikz
Originally posted by jollyjim311
... But you said Maul was better than Greivous...

Lol....

Admiral Akbar
They need other things than accomplished feats in war....

Anakin was 9 when he begun his traning. Most or many jedi begun when they were months old.

Luke was still a padawan at the time, and he wasn't trained by an order of jedi, he was trained by Yoda and was the only hope for the future jedi. Anakin did also not evolve as quickly as Luke. (Might be that Luke was already old when he started his traning, thus he learnt faster, and had a less troublled past).

But this is very weird. People are differently powerful, thus you cannot say, "he is at the level of a master so he is a master", they don't have the same potential and skills. For example, Luke was awefully much above Yoda, still they were both grandmasters. Luke did not have a level of super jedi or force god, just a master for the time in NJO. Even if Anakin was better than any other padawan and possibly any knight doesn't mean he is a knight or should be one....

Not Luke.

Anakin had more potential than Luke, so I dont understand how he "evolved" slower.

Well thats because master is the last rank someone could recieve. Anakin had the most potential of all Jedi including yoda. His skills were enough to overcome Dooku. One of the best lightsaber to lightsaber duelists. Once again at a young age, Mace was at the level of a master, so he was promoted to one. The same should have happened with Ani.

HK69
Mace became master when he was 28...

kamikz
Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
Not Luke.

Anakin had more potential than Luke, so I dont understand how he "evolved" slower.

Well thats because master is the last rank someone could recieve. Anakin had the most potential of all Jedi including yoda. His skills were enough to overcome Dooku. One of the best lightsaber to lightsaber duelists. Once again at a young age, Mace was at the level of a master, so he was promoted to one. The same should have happened with Ani.

Well as I said, he wasn't trained in a jedi order, he was the only hope of the jedi and the galaxy, they simply could not afford him to do anything else....

Well in that case, AOTC Anakin should be able to kick Darth Vader's ass. Just because he had more potential than Luke doesn't mean he has to get it faster, Luke was already at a later age, maybe his powers had developped more which made him grow stronger faster. Like maturity, everyone doesn't mature at the same time, even if they are related....

But Mace at that age had almost trained 3 times Anakin's traning time, Anakin had still much to learn, maybe not much in fighting but in how to control himself. But this discussion is rather pointless, cause we cannot simply judge one that if he is a knight then he is better than he is as a padawan, it is simply just to show his grading in the jedi order. My point was that Anakin when he defeated Assaj had not yet been promoted to knight and still had much to learn and he sure did during the clone wars. There is a difference between Anakin as a knight and a padawan, and the point was that Anakin did defeat Assaj when he was in the padawan satte, which means this was pretty early in the Clone wars....
And check out the meetings of the council in books or the CW, they discuss about Anakin being promoted and they don't really want to, many say it's to early, other says they shouldn't "hold back the chosen one".

Generic Hero
Mace was 28, Anakin was 22. That's actually a huge difference.

DE Luke
True.But remember,Palpatine, 'Unofficially',got Anakin on the Council.wink

Anthony$Billy
OH SNAP I FORGOT TO SAY IN THE BEGGING NO FORCE!!!!

Darth Solus
Well...if there's no force then can mace use his vaapad to it's full extent?

kamikz
Originally posted by DE Luke
True.But remember,Palpatine, 'Unofficially',got Anakin on the Council.wink

But remember that Mace started his traning during his first few months IN LIFE, Anakin started when he was nine.

HK69
Well if no force is allowed, it will be much more tricky to take out Grievous. I say Windu takes Anakin with ease and Maul just about takes Grievous.

kamikz
If there is no force then Grievous is the best swordsman. Even when Windu had the force he could not completly overcome Grievous and it ended in a stalemate. Also, if there is no force to draw upon then Mace Vaapad is useless....

KingDubya
Yeah. Without any assistance from the force, Grievous most likely wins it for his team. Mace and Maul might eke one out, but only if they are VERY lucky.

kamikz
Grievous would make short work of Maul while Mace duels Anakin. I don't know who would win here, without any force then Mace style is pretty useless since it draws it's power from the dark side. Since they don't have the force to support their bodies then Anakin's metal arm would prove stronger than Mace arms, so Anakin has the strenght edge as well. But it doesn't really matter, Grievous would win before either Mace or Anakin and then they doubble team Mace.

jollyjim311
No force at all, or just no offensive force powers? They can still use the force to predict swings and have superhuman reflexes and speed, right? All the non-offensive/ passive powers still go, right?

kamikz
He said "no force" which is completly. Until he confirms I will belive it is without the force at all.

jollyjim311
Oh, then, the Force-sensitives here suck something awful and Greivous slaughters Mace and Maul while Anakin, I dunno, throws rocks at them in the background?

Lord Saboteur
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Oh, then, the Force-sensitives here suck something awful and Greivous slaughters Mace and Maul while Anakin, I dunno, throws rocks at them in the background? No, he throws his saber at them and prays to God he hits something other than Grievous.

Admiral Akbar
But remember that Mace started his traning during his first few months IN LIFE, Anakin started when he was nine.

So? Luke started in his twenties. Whats your point..

Admiral Akbar
Grievous would make short work of Maul while Mace duels Anakin. I don't know who would win here, without any force then Mace style is pretty useless since it draws it's power from the dark side. Since they don't have the force to support their bodies then Anakin's metal arm would prove stronger than Mace arms, so Anakin has the strenght edge as well. But it doesn't really matter, Grievous would win before either Mace or Anakin and then they doubble team Mace.

Anakin's arm stronger than Mace's arm? LOL WTF!

Oh, snap forgot no force powers..but isn't mace naturally built like a machine?

kamikz
So? Luke started in his twenties. Whats your point..

As I said before, Luke wasn't in the jedi order, if he was he wouldn't even be allowed to be trained. Luke would not have gotten the rank of jedi knight by that time if he trained in the jedi order in the PT...

And I don't think we need to argue this anymore. Whether Anakin got the rank of knight at the right time or not doesn't matter, the whole point of the debate started with that I said he defeated Assaj as a padawan. For that I didn't mean, "Zomg he is a padawan", I meant that it was a much earlier time in his life, he developed so much more afterwards. So even if Anakin deserved a rank of knight at that time, AS a knight he still got power about twice when he was a padawan, not because he was promoted to one, but because his powers grew and he got more experience. So really, there is nothing more to debate. wink

kamikz
Anakin's arm stronger than Mace's arm? LOL WTF!

Oh, snap forgot no force powers..but isn't mace naturally built like a machine?

Nah, he used the force to support his body, and the CW overpowered his unarmed combat skills. (Punching through durasteel with his fists, yeah right). Either way, Mace without the force is not stronger than Anakin's robot arm. Actually, as Kreia said, a jedi who has lived with the force for very long will be completly useless without it.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.