Best spiderman game EVER.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scarlet_Spidey
Ok, everyone can say which is the best according to you, but also sum up some reasons please.

I think spiderman 1 (ps1) still is the best.
Why ? The graphics were back then enormously smooth, and the cutscenes are very funny. And it is the only game that really follows the comicbooks with original onliners, suits ... And ofcourse the game has many unlockables like comics and history about spiderman. It's actually the first game i bought.

Sam Z
Spider-man 2 the movie was the best.

Neo_Version 7
Either Spider-Man (the PS1 version) or Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro.

steverules
Spider-man 2000, luved that game rock raver

Dan-El
What the hell is Spider-Man Unlimited?

You mean Ultimate Spider-Man?

Scarlet_Spidey
Err ... yeah i know i found out shortly after i posted but i couldn't change it ...

H. S. 6
Spider-Man 2: The Movie was great.

Taking a swing around the city was the best part. stick out tongue

Doc Ock
Spider-Man on the PS1. Best Spidey game ever.

Scarlet_Spidey
Everybody keeps saying spiderman 2 was good, but did they forgot that :

- there was a great anticlimax
- it almost totally doesn't follow the comics
- the graphics weren't great for that time
- the clunky battlesystem

Doc Ock
Spider-Man 2 the movie game??

It's not based on the comics, it follows the movie....

And the graphics were great, and the final battle with Ock was tough as hell. I kept dying trying to shut down his reactor.

Scarlet_Spidey
Lol that final battle was as easy as hell ! Just run around fast and you won't even encounter him. And with the battle, keep using spidey reflexes.

Doc Ock
It wasn't him that kept killing me, it was the blasted energy bursts from the reactor.

Scarlet_Spidey
Well, then, avoid it by spidey reflexes !

The Joker#1
Spider-Man 2 or the Spider-Man game for Playstation one.

MadMel
the 2000 version of spiderman was the best in my opinion....but i really hated the last part where you run away from symbiote/ock..you cant see what the hell your doin.

Xirius
1-Spider-man2 ps2.
2-Spider-man ps1
3-Spider-man the movie ps2
4-Spider-man 2 Enter Electro.

I never played Ultimate Spider-man.

steverules
Originally posted by MadMel
the 2000 version of spiderman was the best in my opinion....but i really hated the last part where you run away from symbiote/ock..you cant see what the hell your doin.

Took me a while to do that, in the end I was able to complete it.

Scarlet_Spidey
Originally posted by steverules
Took me a while to do that, in the end I was able to complete it.

God i hated the camera in that level.

steverules
Yeah I know.

rouge24
i've only played spider-man 2, so i have to go with it. i will agree with doc ock though, that last battle was tough, i don't know how many times i died trying to cut off that stupid reactor. i did enjoy just randomly swinging around the city though.

steverules
I may buy it

Scarlet_Spidey
If you want a good story filled with comicbook things, you should pick spiderman PSOne, if you're looking for action and swinging but no more than that, buy spiderman 2 PS2.

Swanky-Tuna
I liked Spiderman 2. I just loved the variety of ways to murder thugs. I mean literally carrying them across the city, up a skyscraper, then throwing them off.

steverules
That makes no sence, spider-man doesn't kill thug's.

Scarlet_Spidey
Well the idea was of making them unconscious, but the creators apparently forgot that throwing a guy off a 100 foot tall building isn't making unconscious.

steverules
lol so it seem's.

Darth Jello
The arcade game. Fighting a 100 foot venom as Black Cat is fun. Though they really made Kingpin waaaaaaaaay too small.

Sparkz
Originally posted by Scarlet_Spidey
Well the idea was of making them unconscious, but the creators apparently forgot that throwing a guy off a 100 foot tall building isn't making unconscious.

They also forgot that piledriving a guy off of a skyscraper would probaly kill Spider-man as well lol.

HellMaster93
Indeed... i remember finally managing to get up the |Empire State Building and piledriving a thug off there... Spidey was unhurt!!!!! My order:

Spider-Man 1 (classic, PS1)
Spider-Man 2; the Movie (PS2)
Ultimate spider-Man
Spider-Man: the Movie (PS1)
Spider-Man 2 (PS1)

I HATE THE LIZARD BATTLE IN SPIDEY 2!!!!!

Sparkz
Why did people find running away from Monster Ock and fighting lizard hard. i thought they were realy easy, especialy Lizard, just keep running pick up antidote shoot, kick crap out of him, rinse and repeat, nothing hard about that...

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
I liked Spiderman 2. I just loved the variety of ways to murder thugs. I mean literally carrying them across the city, up a skyscraper, then throwing them off.

thumb up

Honestly, I picked SM2 solely for the swinging. Even the recent Ultimate SM video game, with similar swing mechanics, didn't quite capture the feeling of raw speed and the thrill of gliding through Manhattan.

Long after I beat that game, I'd just boot it up to swing around for 15-20 minutes at a time....the sign of something being done really well.

But you're all forgetting Maximum Carnage for Genesis and SNES!

Skeets
Maximum Carnage was great with all the cameos just great but very difficult though......erm
I loved how you can switch characters for different levels.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by DigiMark007
thumb up

Honestly, I picked SM2 solely for the swinging. Even the recent Ultimate SM video game, with similar swing mechanics, didn't quite capture the feeling of raw speed and the thrill of gliding through Manhattan.

Long after I beat that game, I'd just boot it up to swing around for 15-20 minutes at a time....the sign of something being done really well.
Yeah, the swinging is pretty fun. It's kind of a strange... Harvest Moon fun. Playing a game to swing, or a game to farm in Harvest Moon's case, sounds kind of boring, but they're surprisingly fun.

Though I've never played Harvest Moon. It was supposively a big hit.

Oh man, I'm so sure I played that game a ton... but I can't remember anything about it. Was that the beat-em up where you could play as venom or spidey and spin things before you threw them at people?

Scarlet_Spidey
Maximum carnage was a bit overhyped i think, because when i play it, it was a very good beat m up, but the swing system could have been much better.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.