Superman's Son

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

atheist
So Superman's son is Jason. Well thats nice but when did he and Lois bang? I know they did eachother in Superman 2 but Superman had given up his powers then so he was human so if the child was concivied then he would be 100% human. And at the end of Superman 2 Superman makes Lois forget everything that happened. I guess it doesnt make sense but I'm ok with it.

Slightly new topic, so does Superman have to pay back child support for Jason?

SupezM'
Just cause Superman was powerless in Superman 2 for a time dosnt mean he was human, Kryptonian blood still ran through his veins.

sauro123456
I don't think superman should have a son. Well, not just yet. I mean Superman should be unique.

NoFate007
They should've jumped the gun and named him Conner.

Superboy Prime
Agreed. That would've been nice.

SupezM'

NoFate007
If you look in the thread that asks what sequel ideas you'd like, and you read my post about Luthor teaming up with Brainiac...there's room for something like you just said. Brainiac's plan could involve using Jason as like a herald, kind of forcing Superman to kill his son or something, you know? Maybe not have Superman kill him, but well you know what I mean. I'm tired, I can't think right now lol.

BlackC@
You shouldn't have made this title. It spoils it for anyone that comes into this forum that hasn't seen the movie.

redcaped
I think at this point almost everyone in US has seen the movie already and want to see it again. Ursa Non Zod are part of the story and Superman loses his powers for Lois, nothing related to that event. They did not mention them in this movie, just Luthor, which leaves an open door for them to trespass once more. Actors do not represent the character, that would be a violation.

redcaped
We've discussed Superman having a son way before and I brought interesting thoughts. It was a thread about Lois and S under red sun or some like that.

redcaped
Could Jason fly someday? He's not affected by the kryptonite mineral...no radiation as an obstacle...the reason why Superman is able to fly actually.

FistOfThe North
Yea. I never thought Superman would have a son. I just always thought that Kryptonians cannot have kids with Earthlings. Like it's physically impossible.

Him having a son in the movie caught me off guard in a shocking, confused wtf? kinda way.

w/e

redcaped
Well...it is true and the character is male after all! But what about answering my question. In Superman IV they tried to explain his powers. Notice it when Nuclear Man flies emitting a sound...this is Superman in a more "exposed" way for you to understand.

roughrider
Originally posted by redcaped
Could Jason fly someday? He's not affected by the kryptonite mineral...no radiation as an obstacle...the reason why Superman is able to fly actually.

He was affected - Lex noticed him flinching at his tube of Kryptonite. That's how he deduced who his father was.

redcaped
The kid was flinching all the time dude.

spencerspider
He didnt do anything different from the kryptonite.. when he heard that guy was dead was when he got scared to death and realized it

FistOfThe North
The kid flinched only because Lex kept jerking and waving the kyptonian tube right in front of the kids eyeballs, jeez.

Wouldn't you flinch?

roughrider
The kid was flinching all the time dude.

Look again at his eyes, dude. wink

H. S. 6
When I first saw the movie, I thought it looked like he was affected.

redcaped
When he sees his mother in danger...look on him well. The Luthor part was very small. But Bryan has the word. He knew they were hostages...plain reason.

H. S. 6
When he sees his mother in danger...look on him well. The Luthor part was very small. But Bryan has the word. He knew they were hostages...plain reason.

You should be banned for spamming.

redcaped
Because you don't like me...not my fault. I find my post very normal and it has sense.

roughrider
He's only half kryptonian, and he wouldn't be as affected. Especially at that young age, where his sickly condition may be the result of two DNA patterns merging in his system. But there WAS some reaction; Lex picked up on it.

redcaped
See how friendly rough is? I do agree with him. The kid is experiencing a serious process. Whatever he's going to be in the future...powerful enough.

rianna_d
Nope, there was no unusual reaction in Jason because of the kryptonite, that's why Lex gives a disappointed look, but later, when he hears about the piano he figures it out. wink (by the way, GREAT scene)

Maybe the two DNA patterns in him make him more powerful, and kryptonite doesn't affect him like it does Superman. Or maybe he's too young and starts developing most of his powers (and kryptonite problems) as he grows older.

I think this whole father/son plot is wonderful, it's the risk the story needed to keep on moving towards more interesting paths, we've had enough of superman saving the day, superman beating lex, superman suffering for lois, having his child in the middle makes everything more interesting.

I loved the movie.

redcaped
So, we're gonna have six hundred years of supermen!

snoochyboochies
Originally posted by atheist
So Superman's son is Jason. Well thats nice but when did he and Lois bang? I know they did eachother in Superman 2 but Superman had given up his powers then so he was human so if the child was concivied then he would be 100% human. And at the end of Superman 2 Superman makes Lois forget everything that happened. I guess it doesnt make sense but I'm ok with it.

I see what you mean but he was sapped of his powers by going into red-sun chamber so his genes would be the same and boys exposure to Earths Yellow sun probably results in him having powers.

Bicnarok

redcaped
that was dark

TheFilmProphet
So, we're gonna have six hundred years of supermen!

Imagine that it were real, in a few thousand years perhaps 25 percent if not more of Earth would be inhabited by individuals with Kryptonian DNA.

redcaped
Not that. I meant each of their lives in the story...300y per

TheFilmProphet
Ah, yeah it would be an neverending film franchise...Superman's grandson making an appearance on Star Trek. stick out tongue

roughrider
Lex may or may not have been unsure about Jason, after waving the K in front of him, but he left the room with the orders "Don't let them leave this room." He had a feeling...

drowninginjello
Originally posted by roughrider
Lex may or may not have been unsure about Jason, after waving the K in front of him, but he left the room with the orders "Don't let them leave this room." He had a feeling...

Did you see the same movie as the rest of the world?

Lex *THOUGHT* he saw Jason flinch because of the kryponite and tried to see if the initial reaction by Jason had a deeper meaning. He realized it didn't and gave up.

Lex is smart. He didn't want to leave them alone in a room. Nothing you wouldn't see in any other movie.

And if you'd seen the same movie as everyone else, you'd notice Lex's reaction when told that Bruce is dead and he got hit by the piano... Lex's face as he put the pieces together...then asking where the boy is... no rocket science there. Lois isn't superhuman and couldn't push the piano hard enough to kill Bruce... who else was in the room... hmmmmmm...

I got all of that from seeing the movie one time.

redcaped
Good Conscience!

roughrider
Originally posted by drowninginjello
Did you see the same movie as the rest of the world?

Lex *THOUGHT* he saw Jason flinch because of the kryponite and tried to see if the initial reaction by Jason had a deeper meaning. He realized it didn't and gave up.

Lex is smart. He didn't want to leave them alone in a room. Nothing you wouldn't see in any other movie.

And if you'd seen the same movie as everyone else, you'd notice Lex's reaction when told that Bruce is dead and he got hit by the piano... Lex's face as he put the pieces together...then asking where the boy is... no rocket science there. Lois isn't superhuman and couldn't push the piano hard enough to kill Bruce... who else was in the room... hmmmmmm...

I got all of that from seeing the movie one time.

Yes, I did. roll eyes (sarcastic)

We could go in circles with this argument, about what Lex was thinking. What I know is, he had bigger fish to fry - going to launch the crystal/kryptonite and get his plan moving. If nothing happened down below after that, I could see him coming back and wanting to examine Jason some more - little blood test? The prospect of having Superman's son as a hostage, along with Lois, was very appealing to him.

redcaped
In my sequel Lex Locked Up

.Dance_Inside.
Supermans son...
was the adorable

MarioR

redcaped
No, it can't be rated R

MattDay
clone of superman's? well that would follow the same as connor from the comics if that's true???

CheeZbibble
Yes, Superman has a son but first we must go-over facts of this matter. Since Superman can reproduce with the female homo sapien sapien this means that superman is indeed a human, but what kind of human? Superman is the greater evolution of homo sapien sapien. therefore I proclaim him in the catergory HOMO SUPERIOUS. Now back to the matter of the child: Yes this child has been born from two different breeds, and thats why he had all those deficientcies such as asma (i probably spelt that wrong). But does this enable him to all the wonderus a abilities of regular kryptonians?I say yes. I would think that he would be stronger than both kryptonian and earthling, I came to this from the animal the liger, a mix between a tiger and a lion, ligers ussually grow larger than either of its parents, but sadly i believe that their child would probably live for a shorter amount of time and probably be sterile. I beleive that we could examine my theory by breeding with are closest earth relative, chimpanzees, this would relate by saying that lois being the chimp and kal-el being the human.
Thank You for your time smile

CheeZbibble
PS:
What seems good for Jason's krytonian name.
i got Jas-El, Jor-El Jr., Kal-El Jr.

PSSbig grinoes this mean that clark kent has to tell lois his secret identity so he can be dad when he's clark?

hehe Jason Kent big grin

MattDay
that will be awkward for clark kent to see his son and his son have no clue he's his dad

CheeZbibble
but jason knows clark is superman, when he looked up at him and then looked at the television screen then he gasped

MattDay
why hasn't he blabbed?

CheeZbibble
if they make another sequal then maybe he will

MattDay
I thought he just wanted to point out how superman looks like clark, but hyperventilated from excitement... i say potato you say patata lol oh well

ankur29
i dont like the idea of superman's sun , it's stealing the superman screen time on the movies i did not want to see the boy i wanted to see supes flying around lift and throwin thing with a little bit of 'hulk smash' in it

draxx_tOfU
isnt maxima the only one compatible for superman to produce him an offspring?

chase el
Originally posted by CheeZbibble
Yes, Superman has a son but first we must go-over facts of this matter. Since Superman can reproduce with the female homo sapien sapien this means that superman is indeed a human, but what kind of human? Superman is the greater evolution of homo sapien sapien. therefore I proclaim him in the catergory HOMO SUPERIOUS. Now back to the matter of the child: Yes this child has been born from two different breeds, and thats why he had all those deficientcies such as asma (i probably spelt that wrong). But does this enable him to all the wonderus a abilities of regular kryptonians?I say yes. I would think that he would be stronger than both kryptonian and earthling, I came to this from the animal the liger, a mix between a tiger and a lion, ligers ussually grow larger than either of its parents, but sadly i believe that their child would probably live for a shorter amount of time and probably be sterile. I beleive that we could examine my theory by breeding with are closest earth relative, chimpanzees, this would relate by saying that lois being the chimp and kal-el being the human.
Thank You for your time smile

Homo Superious... lol you had me rolling for a couple minutes

CheeZbibble
God guys, how come when someone says "homo" they assume that it means homosexual which it doesnt, homo means singular or 1

gadget305
I think at this point almost everyone in US has seen the movie already and want to see it again. Ursa Non Zod are part of the story and Superman loses his powers for Lois, nothing related to that event. They did not mention them in this movie, just Luthor, which leaves an open door for them to trespass once more. Actors do not represent the character, that would be a violation.

Typical americans - thinking of no-one else but yourself. The rest of the world may not have seen it yet. The internet is global and this could spoil it for those who haven't seen it yet. It's only been out in Europe a few weeks.

redcaped
I want a movie 6 mainly for Jason...after confronting Doomsday and dies he tells her "I know he's my father" and leaves. He still can't fly. He takes the coffin with him in a truck to a launching area and takes a shuttle craft to space, passing security by using his powers. Once in space he leaps out for a direct contact to the sun and revives him with extreme efforts. Alive, they talk S: "we cannot hide anymore" J (12): "I understand...is our world dad"

Pamanelski06
I know this is an old thread but I just have to comment on the issue of Jason flinching at the kryptonite. I just watched the movie (again), and he was definitly scared of the kryptonite. That was when lex started suspecting he was supermans son. True the kid did flinch a lot but this was a lot more pronounced. It may not do as much damage to him as it does to his father (if it does any damage) because he is half human, but his kryptonian instincts probably told him the rock was bad news. Furthermore, his powers will probably not be as great as his Dads since he has human blood.

tmiller2
Originally posted by sauro123456
I don't think superman should have a son. Well, not just yet. I mean Superman should be unique.

i agree with you, they should not have created a son for superman.

superman should be an indestructable figure.

now he has a son that means he can and will someday die and be replaced by his son, and storywise, that is wack.

there should be onlyy 1 superman, and not 'newer' versions of him, you know?

i didn't really like superman returns because of this and a number of other reasons.

hopefully the christopher nolan reboot will fix thew taint off the last one

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.