Who are your top 5 Spider-Man villains??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Doc Ock
Ok list your top 5 favorite Spider-Man villains, and say WHY you like them.

Mine are as follows:

1.Doctor Octopus: Spider-Man's greatest foe IMO.If there is one villain who has consistently plagued Spider-Man all thru the years,it is Doc Ock.His criminal schemes constantly put millions of innocent people in danger.From extortion,to city wide panic,to mass murder,to forming deadly super villain groups,to trying to conquer the world......Octavius has done it all to satisfy his greed and lust for power.He has stretched Spider-Man to his very limits.
But best of all,Octavius is what Peter Parker would be if he had turned bad with his powers.They are mirror images of eachother,except one deviated left and one deviated right.Both science geeks in school,both unpopular,bullied,both lost their fathers at a young age,and both acquired their power thru a scientific accident.But Peter decided to use his powers responsibly,while Octavius uses his for his own selfish gain with no sense of responsibility.
And of course Doc Ock is just one damn cool villain,who has an arrogance and ego that is surpassed by no other Spidey villain.

2.Electro:I love Max Dillon.He is the god of electricity.He could vaporize anyone in a second,level an entire neighbourhood all with a mere thought.But he's also quite human,in the respect that he has a weakness for the opposite sex.I often wonder if he found the right lady,would he settle down?? Here's hoping he never does.

3.Carnage:What can I say about this guy?? He's raw insanity and evil with a badass attitude.If murder was a sport,he'd have all the trophys and championship titles.I really get a kick out of Carnage.

4.Mysterio:Very underrated IMO,just because he has no superpower.Intelligence can be just as dangerous,if it's used for evil purposes.And Mysterio does just that.The master of illusions,he can really mess with your mind,or send you to a messy death with his illusions.Whichever suits him.He sometimes likes to do both.A pity they killed Beck off.

5.The Green Goblin:The one featured in ASM up to ASM#122,not the Clone saga,Sins Past,toothpaste poisoning Green Goblin.The real Green Goblin is a legend among super villains.Your best friend's dad and the guy who killed the first woman you ever loved.The Green Goblin is Peter Parker's greatest foe,because he's all about hurting him personally.

nimbus006
1. Venom- love his relentlesness

2. Dr. Octopus- probably one of the most creative minds in marvel.

3. Carnage- As Doc Ock said just pure insanity.

4. Electro- always been one of my favorite, simply b/c of the concept of his power.

5. Lizard

Honorable Mentions: Green Goblin, Rhino, Morbius, and Morlun.

Scarlet_Spidey
Isn't Dock Ock dead ?

1. Venom
2. Mysterio
3. Brainstorm
4. Carnage
5. Dock Ock or - Green Goblin

Doc Ock
Ock is alive and well my boy.

Check out Sensational Spider-Man next month, where he confronts Spidey after unmasking himself.

Scarlet_Spidey
Wasn't Dock Ock killed by Kane ?

Doc Ock
Yes, but they brought him back a year later. That was nearly 10 years ago.

Damn, when was the last time you read a comic??

nimbus006
Doc i have a question for you... where do all the Spider-man issues such as Sensational, Amazing, Freindly Neighborhood etc lie in regards to the Marvel 616 universe? What i mean to ask is, which one connects or has more to do with whats going on in the rest of my the Marvel Universe?

Doc Ock
Originally posted by nimbus006
Doc i have a question for you... where do all the Spider-man issues such as Sensational, Amazing, Freindly Neighborhood etc lie in regards to the Marvel 616 universe? What i mean to ask is, which one connects or has more to do with whats going on in the rest of my the Marvel Universe?

Well Amazing Spider-Man is the grand daddy of them all. So that one would be the most connected.

But they're all connected to the 616 universe. For example they're all dealing with the consequences of Spider-Man unmasking himself in Civil War.

Sensational has Doc Ock coming after him, Friendly Neighbourhood has Mysterio, and then after Doc Ock in Sensational, the Chameleon is coming after him.

Scarlet_Spidey
Well i live in Belgium, the newest comic i have imported is one from 2004, the newest spidey comic from 2001.

NoFate007
1. Venom - Not only does he have the strength to give Spidey more than a run for his money, but he also is one of those few villains that scared the living crap out of Spider-Man. I give him extra brownie points for being an interesting character with the "lethal protector" phase as well. In my opinion, he's cooler as an ally, but you can't forget where he started up.

2. Green Goblin (Norman Osborn) - I mean, c'mon. This dude killed Gwen Stacy. How AWESOME is that? He's been terrorizing PETER, not Spider-Man, for years! Totally whacked out of his mind and throwing bombs that look like pumpkins...this dude's awesome.

3. Carnage - The evil bastard son of Venom. Violent as all hell, sick and twisted as they come, and he looks kickass. When you need to use Spider-Man, Venom, Fantastic 4 and so forth to take you down on your appearance, you definitely earn some kudos.

4. Electro/Doc Ock - tied in my book. Ock loses points for not only having that horrible haircut, but for somehow being able to withstand Spider-Man's punches even though he has no super strength. That always seemed odd to me. Electro loses points for that RIDICULOUS costume he wears. They kind of even each other out. Ock looks cool with the tentacles, whilst Electro looks retarded with the starfish mask. Electro is beyond awesome in his powers, while Ock is rather mundane. Both have their great points, like Ock's genius and Electro's godlike status as an electric fiend, so they tie to me.

5. Mysterio - As Ock said, very underrated. If they would write Mysterio to his full potential, an issue could last forever. The guy's got so many tricks up his sleeves and even though some things might be kind of ridiculous, its always entertaining.

Phoenix2001
1. Venom - Partly because I grew up mostly knowing only Venom. One of the things that attracted me to him was his similarities to Spider-Man, as far as his abilities go. I liked his schizophrenic, but yet, cunning nature that he constantly exercised through his earlier years. He seemed to kick Spidey's arse a pretty good bit sometimes, more so than I've seen from any other villain. I also like that even though he has this unbreakable hatred for Spidey he seems to ally with him on several occasions. All in all, I like Venom because of his style. IMO he has always had this overconfident attitude that seems to always work out in the end for him... at least in his earlier years.
2. Carnage - A psychotic blood-thirsting maniac. What more can you ask for?
3. Doc Ock - Basically everything Ock said above.
4. Green Goblin - Norman is a legacy. He has earned this spot.
5. Green Goblin II - Harry was just crazy, and is the son of the first Goblin. This is the only reason I have any interest in him at all.

The Joker#1
1. Carnage: He is so sick,twisted and violent. He's the ultimate killing machine.

2. Doc Ock: He's the ultimate enemy for Spider-Man. An evil genius, with 4 tentacles of tremendous strength. He is the Peter Parker turned evil.

3. The Lizard: Poor Curt Connors. He just tried to grow his arm back, but he became something worse. A raging beast which kills anything that stands in it's way.

4. Electro: The human power battery. As someone said his costume is sucky, but his powers are cool.

5. Rhino: He's as dumb as a post, but you can't help but like the big lug.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Doc Ock
Well Amazing Spider-Man is the grand daddy of them all. So that one would be the most connected.

But they're all connected to the 616 universe. For example they're all dealing with the consequences of Spider-Man unmasking himself in Civil War.

Sensational has Doc Ock coming after him, Friendly Neighbourhood has Mysterio, and then after Doc Ock in Sensational, the Chameleon is coming after him.

Thanx for the info... yea I been reading amazing for a while now and i just wanted to know if the others were in the same universe.

Sparkz
Well lets see...

Number 1 Doctor Octopus

What can I say Doc Ock is just so well thought out. For a fat guy with tenticals he looks freaking awsome, esspecialy when he was wearing suits, such a basic costume yet so cool.
Not only that but he has been in some of the best Spidey Stories told, Master Planner, the one where Spidey looses his memory, Death of Captain Stacy. And the fact he will do anything to get what he wants not only has he gone to live with Aunt May to hide from the law but he has also almost married her to get an atomic facility or something. And the fact that he isn't peter Parkers nemisis he is Spider-man's he will do anything to best the wallcrawler, such as in countdown where he practicly forced Spidey to take his mask off in public, and when he cured peter of his virus just so he could kill him himself genius. Doc Ock was also the first Spidey Villain to not only break Spider-man's webbing to beyond a shadow of a doubt beat him in a straight up fight. Parker and Octavius are also so alike in many ways, just that ones good and ones evil. Just an all around brilliant villain, and the fact that he is a normal guy but his tenticals make him so dangerous is brilliant, i just love the way he is so strong yet so weak at the same time.

Number 2 - Venom

Mind you only when he first came out, after he started just getting stronger he got crappy, but the fact that could do everything Spidey does and is stronger is always appealing, but in his first few appearances just the way he talked was brilliant how he saw himself as some sort of savior who needed to prtoect the world from Spider-man. Venom always provides an intresting read...and his costume rocks.

Number 3 - Green Goblin (Norman Osborn)

Just the fact that he made the fight personal, every other Spider-man villain couldn't care less whether they saw him again but Osborn got so obbssesd he went out of his way to make a gas which nulls Peter's Spider-Sense then procceeded to find out his identity, much better than the basic "I knocked you out so now I shall unmask you" storyline. And the fact he was Peter's best friends Dad, after he first found out Spideys identity the fact that it made peter so worried that he might have to kill the Goblin was a very nice touch. And of course The killing of Gwen, while i particaly hate they killed off Gwen 9such a great charcter) it was pulled off so well, and the ending of that story...wow. When Osborn reappeared at the end of the clone fiasco i thought was brilliant to, but after that Osborn got a bit boring how he wasn't actuly the Goblin anymore, which gave a good story but the climatic battle was utter crap. But still just the fact that Norman basicly shatterd Peter's life over nothing more than a grudge was excelent.

Number 4 - Lizard

Good old Doctor Conners, if you read the original stories with the lizard they are fantastic, how Spider-man wants to fight one of his toughest opponents yet he can't incase he hurts is friend, on top of that trying to cure Connor's mid fight aswell. It provides great character issues on how the Doc is afraid to see his family. The fact that he dosn't care about Spider-man in the least either just his goal of turning all humans into reptiles is a good twist, great character. Not only that but he tried to help the world aswell as himself by creating away to regenerate limbs, and he turned himself into a monster shows hopw what a great guy he is but being a great guy alone dosen't get you through life.

Number 5 - Electro/Vulture/Carnage

I realy can't decide between these 3. Electro because i love is instability as a character and always unsure of himself then when he finaly got a confidence boost he realised what he could do with his powers.

Vulture well I just love how he is so ruthless and cunning and in the classic stories his fights were brilliant, how he broke Blackie Drago out of prison gave him a set of Vulture wings just to proove he was the better Vulture. He's so ruthless to he dosen't care about anything as long as he gets what he wants, and he is so strong yet looks so frail...I always love theose contrasts.

Carnage, What can I say he is a nutter plain and simple, he kills for fun, he isn't out for gain hge just likes to kill, and it takes teams of heros to take him down, its just brilliant how someone that powerful dosen't actuly want anything, it also means psycholoicly he realy dosen't have any weakness's.

Well thats my list, other characters worth mentioning are, Mysterio, Sandman, Scorpion and Hobgoblin, classic is the best.

Dan-El
What is with all the symbiotes? Sure they can be bad ass, but come on! Here's mine:

1.) Green Goblin - Knows Spidey's secret identity, has the whole Osborn Legacy thing, turned Peter INTO the Green Goblin for a short while, and... well, it's the ****ing GREEN GOBLIN for crying out loud!

2.) Doc Ock- Come on? He's everything Spidey COULD HAVE been. He was a scientist who got into an accident involving radioactivity! But instead of becoming a hero, he went nuts due to his brain damage. So ****ing bad ass.

3.) Electro - So glad he hasn't been counted out. His appearance in MK Spider-Man was excellent! I love his new costume, since it nods back to the old one, and how he's advanced his powers. Truly one of the greatest of all time!

4.) The Vulture (Toomes) - The first Vulture is by far the best. He's an old guy with wings! How can you help but love him?!

5.) J. Jonah Jameson - Nobody else said, so I will. He truly is one of the greatest, and funniest, Spider-Man villains. When I say villain, my fellow comic geeks, I mean antagonist to Spider-Man, and JJJ fits that to a T.

And there you are. Interesting that the best villains are the ones created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko, ain't it?

J-Unit
Venom

GG II

Lizard

Chameleon

Shocker

G a n n o n
1. Venom
2. Doc Ock
3. Green Goblin
4. The Lizard
5. Green Goblin II

Dazzler619
1.Carnage-A comical pschopathic maniac
2.Venom-Has his own twisted version of justice
3.Doc Ock-Criminal genuis
4.Lizard-Reptiles are cool
5.Green Goblin-Spidey's ultimate foe

Sparkz
Originally posted by Dan-El
What is with all the symbiotes? Sure they can be bad ass, but come on! Here's mine:

1.) Green Goblin - Knows Spidey's secret identity, has the whole Osborn Legacy thing, turned Peter INTO the Green Goblin for a short while, and... well, it's the ****ing GREEN GOBLIN for crying out loud!

2.) Doc Ock- Come on? He's everything Spidey COULD HAVE been. He was a scientist who got into an accident involving radioactivity! But instead of becoming a hero, he went nuts due to his brain damage. So ****ing bad ass.

3.) Electro - So glad he hasn't been counted out. His appearance in MK Spider-Man was excellent! I love his new costume, since it nods back to the old one, and how he's advanced his powers. Truly one of the greatest of all time!

4.) The Vulture (Toomes) - The first Vulture is by far the best. He's an old guy with wings! How can you help but love him?!

5.) J. Jonah Jameson - Nobody else said, so I will. He truly is one of the greatest, and funniest, Spider-Man villains. When I say villain, my fellow comic geeks, I mean antagonist to Spider-Man, and JJJ fits that to a T.

And there you are. Interesting that the best villains are the ones created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko, ain't it?

Hey now don't forget John Romita Sr aswell he helped with Kingpin, Rhino, Shocker well thats all I can think of but he made some damn good 1s to. And you gave an excelent point about GG that i forgot.

Sam Z
Venom
Green Goblin
Doc Ock
Carnage
Shocker - Herman rocksstick out tongue

spencerspider
1. Green Goblin II

Harry Osborn who is Peter's best friend turns bad? Think about how hard fighting him must have been for Peter. My favorite villain.

2. Venom

The bad Spiderman who simply kicks ass. He is big, black, and bad. I want him dead in the movie yes but he is still in second. ( I want him dead so Harry can kill him and shine)

3. Dock Ock

He is very cool. The man has 8 limbs, which can have a mind of their own. He is similiar to Peter which makes him interesting. Both love science but one is evil.

4. Electro

Shocker was cool but this guy is just way better. I love the electric powers and they would look amazing on screen (hope he is in a movie)

5. Lizard

Dr. Conners is a friend of Peters. (Kinda like Harry) So this makes fighting the Lizard hard. He is a freakin lizard on two feet. What's not to love lol

im sry to say but i didnt read yall's reasons. i just read who u picked lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.