OZZfest 2006

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

I_am_Melkor

Myth
I wanted to go see it on 6/29, but ultimately decided not to.
$95 + expensive food + 4 hour drive's worth of gas + plus motel = too expensive to see only a couple good bands I've never seen before

I've already seen SOAD (twice), Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, Lacuna Coil. That only leaves Ozzy as the band I'd really want to see that I haven't already and nearly $200 is too much for that.

I_am_Melkor
Yeah... I admit, it ain't cheap, but I still hope to go... It's coming kinda close to me, so I might make it...
By the way... you're lucky about seeing System and Disturbed... They're two of my favorite bands, but no-one beats Metallica in my mind.

Myth
Metallica and AC/DC are the two bands I've never seen that I would like to see the most. So far I thought Rob Zombie has given the best performance of all the bands I've seen. Seeing him again in August.

But yeah, if either of those first two were there, I would find a way to make it.

Scythe
Originally posted by I_am_Melkor
++Sat 7/08 Los Angeles, CA Hyundai Pavilion of Glen Helen

The Hyundai Pavilion is in San Bernardino. Nowhere near LA...

And this years line-up of bands has to be the worst ever. No Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Slipknot, Slayer, Shadows Fall or Lamb of God? Hell no! S.O.A.D. is my only attraction to the damn tour, and I'm going because I recieved free tickets. The money is on the Sounds Of The Underground Tour. GWAR!! Freakin' sweet!

eggmayo
I'm too UK for this.

Scythe
Ozzy Osbourne is from the UK....

Black Sabbath is from the UK....

I_am_Melkor
Sorry, that's what the website said.rolleyes1

Yeah, I want to see Metallica too, they're my favorite band!!
I'm not sure, are they still touring?? I've never seen them live before... That sucks majorly...

Scythe
Originally posted by I_am_Melkor
Sorry, that's what the website said.rolleyes1

Really? The web-site says that? That's terrible because LA is quite far away...

Deicide
Ozzfest sux, the best one was Ozzfest 96, with Neurosis and Slayer. i like Ozzy as well as the next guy, but where are the true metal bands? all i see on that crappy line-up is Nu-metal. bunch of tripe.....oh, and when Cliff Burton died, he took Metallica with him. and anything after ...And Justice for All blows, even tho he isint on that record. Sell-outica sucks smile

StinkFist462
k so what does Metallica have to do with Ozzfest?

and im gonna have to agree that there really is shit this year for Ozzfest.

Scythe
This years line-up is horrible. We've all stated that, however free tickets will quickly change ones mind. In my case, I cried alittle, but I'm still going.

I_am_Melkor
Yeah...It sucks...Where are the old bands now?!?!?!?!? I only posted this because I thought some of the people who like the new stuff might want to know about it... I will say that Dragonforce and Disturbed are good, and Ozzy, of course, rocks, but I really want to see a true METAL concert!!!
I wish I had been born earlier, so I could see all the bands from the 80's and stuff, but I was, according to my parents, I was "too young" -laughs sarcastically- .
You people who got to see METALLICA, and SLAYER, and ANTHRAX and MEGADETH when they were first going live are luckier than you may think.
We of the next generation of Metal fans can never do that. I know Slayer and some others are still touring, but it's just not the same...

rockon

C-Dic
Originally posted by Deicide
Sell-outica sucks smile

Isn't Deicide on Roadrunner now, along with Nickelback? laughing out loud

Anycrap, decent line-up. Glad to see All That Remains and Bleeding Through up there. Trustkill Records being represented to the fullest, by their best.

Time for a Hatebreed rant, though. They're one of my favorite bands of all time, and rightfully so, but they really need to stop doing Ozzfest year after year. It's getting old. They're not underground anymore, especially not on Roadrunner. Thankfully, like Chimaira, their music hasn't been compromised since the signing.

What really pissed me off is that they're charging $45 a ticket for their tour with Disturbed? That's ****ing ridiculous. I don't see anything good coming of this. As if Ozzfest didn't pay them well enough.

Alpha Centauri
I never got people calling Metallica sell-outs, as we all know, so I won't go into it.

Nothing wrong with being on Roadrunner at all, though, as an aside.

-AC

Scythe
Slept abit after lastnight's Ozzfest, and might I add, it was fu*cking chaotic. The line-up was complete crap. Atreyu's lead singer was on-stage babbling about an ex-girlfriend, and how he doesn't like people calling Atreyu emo. Strapping Young Lad played very little due to scheduling conflicts. Hatebreed was as every year....Hatebreed...

Avanged Sevenfold was on stage cheesing out, when a rolling black-out shut them up. Huzzah! As if Satan himself wanted to end the madness, or start some, because thanks to the black-out, fires were started, people engaged in throwing beer bottles, and lemons. Seriously, who takes lemons to Ozzfest? Anyways, Disturbed went up after Avanged Sevenfold's short frolic on the stage, and people started talking sh*t to them. No one wanted Disturbed. Ozzy went up, and played a total of three songs, then rambled, and fled. System Of A Down ended up playing for 55 minutes to ease the crowd. Drunken insanity.

I also made $430.00 bucks for taking pictures with people. I wore a goat mask, and a black suit and people just started handing me cash for picture time with them or their loved ones. I thought that was nifty...

phreak_v2.o
system of a down and disturbed... rock

Myth
Originally posted by StinkFist462
k so what does Metallica have to do with Ozzfest?

and im gonna have to agree that there really is shit this year for Ozzfest.

Metallica doesn't have anything to do with Ozzfest, and thats the problem. They would be a solution.

Outcesticide
Hmm, watching Dragonforce live will be interesting.

Can't wait to watch 'All That Remains' and 'Unearth'!

Scythe
Dragon Force was pretty good.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.