best horror films of the 80s/90s

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



Vladimir
does anyone knwo any good horror movies of those years... i am not asking for ones you liked, i am talking about just good ones that will be remmeber for a long time...

Wolfie
The '80s was filled with them. The '90s gave us Scream, the only one that was memorable.

LizzyT123
The Thing was awesome smile thats an 80's movie

deathbycorn
Originally posted by Wolfie
The '80s was filled with them. The '90s gave us Scream, the only one that was memorable.
Do you suck cock you poof?

Silence of the Lambs & Se7en own Scream.

LizzyT123
Originally posted by deathbycorn
Do you suck cock you poof?

Silence of the Lambs & Se7en own Scream.

since when could you say that word!? *looks around and whispers* sweeeeeeeeeeet, lol

hanxan
What do you mean when you say "good" ? As in Acting, plot, story line, or are you looking for a movie that actually was entertaining.?giljotiini

LizzyT123
.........good as in it impressed you, lmao, I don't get that technical.....but thats me

Wolfie
Originally posted by deathbycorn
Do you suck cock you poof?

Silence of the Lambs & Se7en own Scream.
Calm down. Those aren't as much horror as they are thriller, IMO.

cking
the Halloween movies were good and so were the Jason movies of the eighties, the chucky movies were the funniest horror movies. scream was OK, but the silence of the lambs is much better but it wasn't scary to me at all. Stephen king's it was another good one but it was too goofy to be labeled as a horror film, but I still thought penny wise was a good character. thats all I can think of right now.

BlackSunshine
Halloween, The Thing, Nightmare On Elm St, Friday The 13th

steverules
Halloween 1 and 2, friday the 13th part 2

BackFire
80's -Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2, Day of the Dead, Childs Play, Friday the 13th: All of them, Nightmare on Elmstreet, Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer, Guinea Pig Series, Killer Clowns, The Shining, The Thing, Bad Taste, The Beyond.

90's - Army of Darkness, Candyman, In the Mouth of Madness, Scream, From Dusk till Dawn, Dead Alive, Audition, Night of the Living Dead (Remake).

Deano
i agree with backfires list. i gotta watch killer clowns again. havent saw that since i was 10.

i might also add:

tenebre
maniac
the fog
the howling
american werewolf in london
creepshow
poltergeist
sleepaway camp
videodrome
night of the comet
gremlins!
silent Night, deadly night
demons
return of the living dead
silver bullit
aliens
the fly
house
night of the creeps
the lost boys
night of the demons
opera
brain damage
they live
pet sematary

ALL THESE ARE CLASSICS THAT MUSTBE VIEWED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!
!
!

view them now or die

WrathfulDwarf
All the good have been mention so I'll just add these:

80's

Hellraiser
New York Ripper
Cannibal Ferox
Cannibal Holocaust
Child's Play
Puppet Master
Day of the Dead
Dead Zone
Man Behind the Sun
Near Dark

90's

Nightbreed
Lord of Illusions
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Cronos
Relic
The Untold Story
Riki Oh! The Story of Ricky

steverules
Killer clowns, is it actually called that? Cause I looked on eBay and all I got was 'Killer klowns from outer space.'

Deano
thats the one backfire meant

killer klowns from outer space.

good fun it is. bid!

Wolfie
Originally posted by BackFire
80's -Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2, Day of the Dead, Childs Play, Friday the 13th: All of them, Nightmare on Elmstreet, Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer, Guinea Pig Series, Killer Clowns, The Shining, The Thing, Bad Taste, The Beyond.

90's - Army of Darkness, Candyman, In the Mouth of Madness, Scream, From Dusk till Dawn, Dead Alive, Audition, Night of the Living Dead (Remake).
I didn't realize Dead Alive was in the '90s. Yeah, I take back what I said before, as those are some great '90s movies.

So the NOTLD remake is good, eh? I've never seen it, can't find it for rent, but I see it for sale for $10.

Zilverz
Originally posted by Wolfie

So the NOTLD remake is good, eh? I've never seen it, can't find it for rent, but I see it for sale for $10.


its very good i prefer it over the original

Deano
pretty much the same as the original. just more gore and effects

steverules
My f*cking TV was meant to record the original but it didn't.

Darth_Hexus
It, nightmare on elmstreet friday the thirteenth, um... Halloween, urg idk...

FG725
didn't IT come out in the early 90's that movie scared the shiz outta me. Why does everyone like Scream? They were all lame the only reason I watched it was because I liked the cop actor

Zilverz
Originally posted by Deano
pretty much the same as the original. just more gore and effects

yea NOTD remake is mostly the same as original but with updated special effects and color .. different ending

Wolfie
So worth the $10 blindbuy?

cking
'It' came out in 1990. it was a long movie and I liked it and never grew tired of watching it. scream came out in 1996 and it was ok the later ones were not so good.

zizack
I'm a huge 80's / early 90's horror movie guy....

i split them into two categories though...

1. straight up horror movies

2. horror / comedies


some of my favs....

Night of The Creeps
Night of The Comet
Night of the Demons
Night of the Living Dead (1990 version)

Waxwork
Popcorn
976-Evil
Fright Night
Critters
The Unnamable
PUmpkinhead
Howling I and V
Puppet Master movies


so many

Graveyard Shift
Originally posted by Deano
opera




What the hell is this? I searched for it on Amazon and nothing came up.

Deano
its also called terror at the opera.

its a dario argento movie.

http://www.amazon.com/Opera-Ian-Charleson/dp/B00005LQ05/sr=1-2/qid=1159576803/ref=pd_bbs_2/104-2717073-0060754?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

its very good but check out 'tenebrae', 'suspiria',and 'deep red', before you watch opera

Big Sexy
Suspiria
Deep Red
The texas chainsaw massacre original
A nightmare on elm street
Hellraiser 1 and 2
Zombie
Night of the Demons( campy but good)
Dawn of the Dead original
Halloween
From Hell
Friday the 13th 3

vintageSW77
i love the bit in Deep Red where David Hemmings walks round inside the old house with the Goblin track in the background(MAD PUPPET i think its called)
Excellent scene and it led me to stocking my mp3 player with Goblin tracks
Im putting together a Goblin/italian horror movie mix with snatches of dialogue so if anyones interested in downloading it watch this space and ill send you the link when ive put it together.

Seen most Argentos early stuff but never seen Tenebrae...they have it for 20 at HMV but i also saw it included in the second box of the banned in my local HMV and thats only 12...with four other movies so i may pick it up today.

Scarecrow756
Friday The 13th
Friday The 13th Part 2
Friday The 13th Part 3
Friday The 13th: The Final Chapter
Halloween
Halloween II
A Nightmare On Elm Street

Big Sexy
Originally posted by vintageSW77
i love the bit in Deep Red where David Hemmings walks round inside the old house with the Goblin track in the background(MAD PUPPET i think its called)
Excellent scene and it led me to stocking my mp3 player with Goblin tracks
Im putting together a Goblin/italian horror movie mix with snatches of dialogue so if anyones interested in downloading it watch this space and ill send you the link when ive put it together.

Seen most Argentos early stuff but never seen Tenebrae...they have it for 20 at HMV but i also saw it included in the second box of the banned in my local HMV and thats only 12...with four other movies so i may pick it up today. Its another serial killer argento movie. Its pretty good. His wife was in it just like in Deep Red.

2D_MASTER
Re-animator!

Mr Parker
The Halloween movies.no contest.

cropsy_is_god
I liked 'The Burning' That was a cool little film even though there has been so many films with the same storyline it's a cool film.

Leathergien
80's -Evil Dead,Day of the Dead, Childs Play, Friday the 13th(all), Nightmare on Elmstreet, Guinea Pig Series, Killer Clowns, The Shining,Bad Taste, halloween, many more, braindead, pieces.

90's - Candyman, In the Mouth of Madness, Scream, From Dusk till Dawn, silence of the lambs, more i think i forget

bronzychick
the best 80s movie was night of the demon

p_s_luvit1989
Originally posted by Deano
i agree with backfires list. i gotta watch killer clowns again. havent saw that since i was 10.

i might also add:

tenebre
maniac
the fog
the howling
american werewolf in london
creepshow
poltergeist
sleepaway camp
videodrome
night of the comet
gremlins!
silent Night, deadly night
demons
return of the living dead
silver bullit
aliens
the fly
house
night of the creeps
the lost boys
night of the demons
opera
brain damage
they live
pet sematary

ALL THESE ARE CLASSICS THAT MUSTBE VIEWED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!
!
!

view them now or die

I strongly agree!

drewbiefan
I dont know if these are 90s but my favorite two horrors are
texas chainsawmassacre
wrong turn
theyre superb!!

vintageSW77
Wrong Turn is poo

Zilverz
here is another one ..


Maximum Overdrive
.. steven king movie

holds a special place in my heart !!

ladygrim
Originally posted by vintageSW77
Wrong Turn is poo

Solo
The Evil Dead

gobstakid777
Originally posted by BlackSunshine
Halloween, The Thing, Nightmare On Elm St, Friday The 13th

crisper57
My top 3 horror movies from the 90's:

1. Scream
2. Wes Craven's New Nightmare
3. Event Horizon

ADarksideJedi
I think "The Children of the Corn" movies were great for the eightys.Althrough it made me laugh then feeling scared but I think it was cleverly made.

Agus87
I think that in the 80's was the best horror movies for the teenagers. In the 90's the level came down. But there are a lot of great film. I don't say anyone because the most of them you already tell you.

Saludos.

The Nuul
Cannibal Holocaust 1980

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.