Spider-Man: ROGUE WAR

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Black Adam
Would anyone else want to see what Geoff johns did to the flash rogues gallery be done with Spideys rogues?

who knows maybe they could even make guys like the Shocker and Rhino a threat.

Tron
Yes.

And I'd like to see what he did to DC be done to Marvel, cause they kind of need it too.

Validus
Why not? He seems to be doing that with Green Lantern and they could definitely use it. If he and Richard Donner are actually going to be writing Superman later this year, they could do that there too.

Earth based villains sure aren't what they used to be. erm

ScarletSpider
Might be kind of neat.

While they weren't all Spider-Man villains, a similar sort of thing happened in Spider-Man: Breakout, with the U-Foes going up against Crossfire's...um, posse, for lack of a better word.

Black Adam
Does anyone have any particular villains they would like to see get the Flash rogue treatment?

for me it would have to be

Hydro man
Electro
the trapster
Shocker

ScarletSpider
Hydro Man and Trapster are badguys I usually equate with Fantastic Four, for some reason, though I know they have just as many appearances in Spider-Man.

I just wouldn't want to see Green Goblin and Venom, they get too much panel time, this should be the losers and b or c listers.

I'd like to see Will-O-The-Wisp, in a pseudo good guy role.

http://www.samruby.com/villtoc.htm has a great list of Spidey villains, and other villains who've menaced him over the years.

I'd like to see:
Boomerang and Grizzly, after being redone in Underworld they might not suck so bad. Plus I just like Boomerang.
I'd like to see the Terrible Tinkerer in some capacity.
A Tarantula. Not the Black Tarantula, though he's cool. But I like the original blade-footed martial artist guys (I have the original Tarantula's debut issue). I'm just a sucker for stupid characters.
Lightmaster
Molten Man, in a pseudo-good guy role like Will.
Griffin http://www.samruby.com/Villains/Griffin/griffin.htm seriously how badass is he?

I don't know, I'm trying to go for some weirder, obscure Spidey villains. I'd like to see Stegron too, though I don't know how to fit him in there.

Black Adam
how did I forgot about the spot

http://www.samruby.com/Villains/Spot/spot.htm

heard he was killed in a wolverine comic...... but still I'd like to see him again

and thanks for the link ScarletSpider.

ScarletSpider
Yeah right. Spot, killed? No way. He obviously, behind the scenes, teleported someone into his suit...and yeah. That's it! Or...Wanda's real reason behind creating the House of M...bringing back Spot! She's had a crush on him for years!

Black Adam
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
Yeah right. Spot, killed? No way. He obviously, behind the scenes, teleported someone into his suit...and yeah. That's it! Or...Wanda's real reason behind creating the House of M...bringing back Spot! She's had a crush on him for years!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spot_%28comics%29

say he was killed by tombstone. don't know where
i heard the wolverine thing. i think it might have been newsarama.

anyway with his powers he sort of Spider-mans Mirror Master. wonder why he hasn't been used more often.

wish writers would develop some of the other spideys villains instead of always relying on venom and the symbiotes or the Green goblin.

AcousticDoc
Originally posted by Black Adam
Would anyone else want to see what Geoff johns did to the flash rogues gallery be done with Spideys rogues?

who knows maybe they could even make guys like the Shocker and Rhino a threat.

I'm not too familiar with Flash comics. What did Johns do to flah's rogue g allery?

Black Adam
Originally posted by AcousticDoc
I'm not too familiar with Flash comics. What did Johns do to flah's rogue g allery?

improved some power wise(the turtle)

gave them reasons for what they do what they do.

made them an actual threat to the worlds fastest man.

a lot of character development...

made them interesting again.

Blair Wind
how long was Rogue War (and when was it done)? I heard it was pretty cool. And that Captain Cold was a badass??

Validus
Rogue War itself was only 6 issues but the build up was about 2-3 years long.

DigiMark007
I don't want to see anything that's happen to DC, happen to Marvel.

Marvel has a good set-up and a clear distinction between the Earth heroes and cosmics (DC has no distinction, thus less respect for the streets).

But anything to liven up Spidey's rogues might be good.

Templares
I see, another Sinister Six type of villain conglomeration.

To be fair, now that Spidey's secret identity is out, this is the best time to turn the spotlight on his rogues ala the Flash rogues. Hopefully we'll get some good character moments with the villains.

Tron
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I don't want to see anything that's happen to DC, happen to Marvel.

Marvel has a good set-up and a clear distinction between the Earth heroes and cosmics (DC has no distinction, thus less respect for the streets).

But anything to liven up Spidey's rogues might be good.

Yeah, but their continuity has been seriously jacked up over the years, as with some characters. I'm saying don't change what Marvel is, just set some things straight so they make more sense.

Example: Wolverine having the time to appear in like 50 different comics. That's an overexageration, but you know what I mean.

Black Adam
bump

willRules
Has the Rogue war storyline been collected in a tb??????? confused

ScarletSpider
I'm not sure, you can check Amazon, they'd probably have it.

As noted above, the actual arc Rogues War was a long time coming, so some of the issues before it will be essential too.

But I'd be all for a Spider-Man rogue's revamp. As long as they include Stegron. To paraphrase Dylon:

"Who are the five greatest Spider-Man villains of all time? Stegron, Stegron, Stegron, Stegron and Stegron."

Black Adam
Originally posted by willRules
Has the Rogue war storyline been collected in a tb??????? confused

most of johns run has been traded. so yeah.

Black Adam
I'm not sure, you can check Amazon, they'd probably have it.

As noted above, the actual arc Rogues War was a long time coming, so some of the issues before it will be essential too.

But I'd be all for a Spider-Man rogue's revamp. As long as they include Stegron. To paraphrase Dylon:

"Who are the five greatest Spider-Man villains of all time? Stegron, Stegron, Stegron, Stegron and Stegron."

nice sig smile

willRules
ok cheers I will look it up smile

ScarletSpider
Thanks. I'm doing my best to tell the world about the greatness of Stegron.

willRules
I don't have the issue but didn't spidey beat him recently? stick out tongue

Black Adam
I don't have the issue but didn't spidey beat him recently? stick out tongue

he's beaten all of his villains...... doesn't mean we can't like them COUGH*Electro respect thread*COUGH

willRules
he's beaten all of his villains...... doesn't mean we can't like them COUGH*Electro respect thread*COUGH

I was just looking through that thread. I buy an English comic called Astonishing spidey where you can buy three American issues much cheaper, but the catch is they are way behind the latest issues (like 3 years behind) The latest issue is that marvel knights issue where Electro gets a new suit and beats spidey. Great fight. thumb up

Black Adam
I was just looking through that thread. I buy an English comic called Astonishing spidey where you can buy three American issues much cheaper, but the catch is they are way behind the latest issues (like 3 years behind) The latest issue is that marvel knights issue where Electro gets a new suit and beats spidey. Great fight. thumb up

he's appearing in sensational soon. issue 29 i think.

hopefully I'm not disappointed. anythings better then his last appearance.

HellMaster93
Wasnt it in the MK spidey arc he's revealed to be... bisexual, right...? And he's pre bad ass in MK!

Black Adam
Originally posted by HellMaster93
Wasnt it in the MK spidey arc he's revealed to be... bisexual, right...? And he's pre bad ass in MK!

it was hinted at but nothing was ever confirmed. Spider-man broke it up before we could ever find out if he was or wasn't.

Scoobless

Spot, Tombstone, Kangaroo and a bunch of other C-listers were killed by Elektra and some ninjas in Wolverine comics

HellMaster93
Tombstone died!? Oh shit... he was cool...

Scoobless
I know... but they brought him back to life to be a zombie footsoldier for Hydra... same with all the other guys that were killed in that arc... including Northstar

grey fox

Hey I got that too eek!

Black cat's on the cover :drool:

newjak86
I would love to see Shocker get a revamp I always thought he was cool.

I would also like to see Rhino finally live up to something agianst Spidey he is supposed to be 6X stronger and more durable but Spidey can be him in H2H

ScarletSpider
I know Spot's dead, but he's not really dead. He's Spot, he's too good for that.

HellMaster93
SS, you shpuld chnage your name to something realted to stegron... big grin

willRules
Originally posted by grey fox
Hey I got that too eek!

Black cat's on the cover :drool:

Have you got the latest issue? Angelo Fortunato gets the venom symbiote and fights spidey. Not a bad fight actually yes and more Black Cat at the beginning of the issue droolio

ScarletSpider
Yeah, but it'd probably be too much trouble, and it'd be like Pringles. Once I pop...or change my name, I just can't stop.

Black Adam
Yeah, but it'd probably be too much trouble, and it'd be like Pringles. Once I pop...or change my name, I just can't stop.

I change my name and stuck with this one ever since.

besides if I switch it now I would have to have all my sigs changed. stick out tongue

anyway back to the rogues

BRING BACK SPOT!!!

DarkCrawler
I haven't switched my name...EVER.

Now, SHOCKER NEEDS A TEN ISSUE MINISERIES!

Black Adam
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
I haven't switched my name...EVER.

Now, SHOCKER NEEDS A TEN ISSUE MINISERIES!

he seemed pretty badass in the Peter parker series a couple of years ago. but it's been years since I read the issue. he was teamed up with the trapster if I remember correctly....

Black Adam
so.. would anyone at this board like to see it?

Sparkz
he seemed pretty badass in the Peter parker series a couple of years ago. but it's been years since I read the issue. he was teamed up with the trapster if I remember correctly....

I rember that story they amped Shocker up so he wasn't a pushover anymore, after the identity crisis arc the writers forgot what they did with Shocker and made him weak again, stupid writers Shocker rocks!

Black Adam
Originally posted by Sparkz
I rember that story they amped Shocker up so he wasn't a pushover anymore, after the identity crisis arc the writers forgot what they did with Shocker and made him weak again, stupid writers Shocker rocks!

I wonder how long before electro's back to the idiot who just shots lightning bolts sad

But Roberto seems to be doing a good job with the villains in sensational. and he seems to actually acknowledge the things millar did in MK. so maybe i wont be disappointed about this electro appearance I heard is coming up.

Sparkz
I wonder how long before electro's back to the idiot who just shots lightning bolts sad

But Roberto seems to be doing a good job with the villains in sensational. and he seems to actually acknowledge the things millar did in MK. so maybe i wont be disappointed about this electro appearance I heard is coming up.

yeah I don't know what it is but if the characters aren't Doc ock Green Goblin or Venom if Spider-man characters are improved on for story its forgotton in the next.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.