Boba Fett or Jango Discussion thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Legion_of_Maul
alot of people say that Jango is better others say that Boba is better well this thread is dedicated to those people, FREAKING DECIDE ALREADY!

balanced_blade
I would say Boba...
1. He, for sure, started learning his job at an early age.
2. He saw his father die to jedi and knew a lot of things not to do.
3. He survived a sarlacc pit.

Darth Kreiger
Boba was cool before George Lucas screwed up his character for eternity

jollyjim311
Boba has more experience, and is better known than his father ever was for a reason.

Rampant ox
No way. Jango killed jedi for a sport. He gave Mace a run for his money with just one blaster and a broken jet pack. Boba got killed by a blind man that wasnt even trying to kill him.

jollyjim311
Boba wasn't killed, and, that was Han Solo. No one has more luck.

Rampant ox
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Boba wasn't killed,

Fair enough. I should have said defeated.

HAHAHAHA. I totally agree.

Jam-Jul_Lison
if we are talking about them the first time we saw them. Jango in episode 2 and Bobo in episode 5.

I would say Boba is better.

1. Jango taught Boba a lot before he got killed.
2. Boba got an early start.
3. Seeing Jango, the man he thought was his father, get killed filled him with the anger and hate needed to survive and kill efficiantly.
4. From Vader's No Disentergration comment to Boba in Episode 5, I assume he likes to blow up his targets, which gets the job done and makes it harder to trace for sure who did what. Unlike the Kamino Dart Jango used once. Seems to me Jango prefered elegent weapon while Jango like the explosives. Amazing how different they can be. lol
5. Boba seemed to be more feared then Jango was.

Legion_of_Maul
Originally posted by Rampant ox
No way. Jango killed jedi for a sport. He gave Mace a run for his money with just one blaster and a broken jet pack. Boba got killed by a blind man that wasnt even trying to kill him. how is backing up and shooting a run for mace's money?

did Jango beat grievous at the age of ten? did boba beat durge at the age of ten, or asajj?

Rampant ox
Originally posted by Legion_of_Maul
how is backing up and shooting a run for mace's money?

Because in the novel it say something to that effect. It caused Mace to swing his saber wildly because of the precision of his shots.

Legion_of_Maul
and in the movie, which is more accurate than the books (usually the other way around, but not in a movie) Mace didn't break a sweat killing Jango, trust me, watch the movie, he doesn't break a sweat till later on.

Rampant ox
Just because it didnt look like he was having difficulty, doesnt mean he wasnt. In the book it says that Mace was having trouble deflecting the shots and this in no way contradicts the movie. This makes it canon.

Legion_of_Maul
yeah, but in the movie (which george lucas had his eye and ear in every aspect) Mace had no trouble. if its in the movie it overrules books!

Rampant ox
But in the movies it is your perception on whether he was having trouble or not. The book is proof on the matter.

Legion_of_Maul
no you don't off and assume something, plus you said that he looked like it was easy, and using my don't assume theory then he wouldn't be having trouble.

Darth Solus
Jedi are trained to hide their emotions. so it's perfectly logical that in the movie it seems mace has no trouble taking down jango, but he was simply hiding the trouble he had with him.

I think boba is better because he learned from the mistakes of his "father". For exaple knowing that the millenium falcon was hiding on the side of the Imperial class star destroyer.

Rampant ox
Just accept the fact the novel of the movie says that Mace was having trouble. There is nothing in the movie contradicting this except ones perception of what happened. And the book overrules anyones perception.

Legion_of_Maul
how is having trouble an emotion, couldn't he just hide that he was feeling anger (which he never does) or hide his frustration? not the fact that he was losing

Rampant ox
The point is the novel states Mace was having trouble. The movie doesnt contradict this. Only ones perception does. And nobodies perception is higher than the movie, except GL.

And btw GL has to appove the novelsation before it is sold. If he thought it was wrong he would have changed it.

Legion_of_Maul
But in the boba fett series it says he was cut down almost as soon as he stood up from the Reek hitting him, so therefore its two against one, i have two sources proving me right!

Rampant ox
But the AOTC novel is based on the movie, and the movie is the highest form of canon. Therefore the AOTC novel is higher canon than the Boba Fett series.

Tangible God
My two cents: I hate both these f*ckers.

Legion_of_Maul
i almost want to go on a bashing spree.... how about you ox?

DE Luke
No,the movie ISN'T the highest form of canon,Lucas is.

Rampant ox
Originally posted by Legion_of_Maul
i almost want to go on a bashing spree.... how about you ox?

Hahahahaha. That could be enjoyable...

Originally posted by DE Luke
No,the movie ISN'T the highest form of canon,Lucas is.

Not according to the rules but it is hardly worth arguing. I dont even know why you brought it up. It doesnt aid the argument at all. You are either trolling or trying to pick a fight. Or maybe both...

Tangible God

Not according to the rules but it is hardly worth arguing. I dont even know why you brought it up. It doesnt aid the argument at all. You are either trolling or trying to pick a fight. Or maybe both... You're just looking for a fight aren't you?

Rampant ox
Originally posted by Tangible God
You're just looking for a fight aren't you?

Im not the one who posted a useless piece of info that doesnt contribute to the argument at all...

DE Luke

Not according to the rules but it is hardly worth arguing. I dont even know why you brought it up. It doesnt aid the argument at all. You are either trolling or trying to pick a fight. Or maybe both... No,YOU are the one who's trying to start a fight and no, I'm not trolling,if you can't tell when and when I am not then you're dumber than I thought.And the rules don't say anything about movies being the highest form of canon,Ush even pointed this out in that stupid 'Dooku's Skill' thread.The movies don't interpret themselves,Lucas does.

And way to show you're a hypocrite,considering you claimed I was 'trolling' and 'looking for a fight',and Tangible points out that YOU are the one is,and then you proceed to tell him he doesn't have a right to say that.And you wonder why people don't respect you when it comes to debating.

Rampant ox
Me and Legion of Maul were having a perfectly friendly debate and then you came along and posted a piece of useless info that didnt aid the argument at all. Sounds like trolling to me.

And that last thing you wrote makes no sense at all. When did I say that Tangible didnt have the right to say anything??

And btw "When it comes to absolute canon, the real story of Star Wars, you must turn to the films themselves - and only the films". That is straight from the rules. I agree that GLs word is higher canon but that is not what the rules say. But either way it makes little difference. What you posted was irrelevant and useless.

DE Luke
Just exactly what you posted.The movies don't tell what is canon and what isn't by themselves,that's LFL's and Lucas' job.And who do you think MADE the movies?Lucas,and he's allowed to say whatever he wants about them,he DID create them.And you told Tangible to shut up because his saying wasn't relevant to the conversion,funny,because YOU posted before that you thought I was 'picking a fight',and Tangible said that he thought YOU were the one who was,hypocrite.

And I mearly corrected you,moron,I wasn't trolling.Trolling is insulting somebody in a thread for no apparent reason,but in your case everyone hates you because you provide your overbiased opinion and not proof in debates.ANd someone is allowed to join in a debate whether they want to,not when YOU say so.

What YOU posted is obviously highly irelevant and useless,not mine.

jollyjim311
I don't think anyone is really helping here. Let's get back to the topic, please.

I still think Boba.
He is known much more then his father ever was, and for good reason.

Rampant ox
I cant be bothered arguing with you anymore DE Luke. Lets just put this behind us and move on.

Jango Fett was the best bounty hunter in the galaxy. The Count picked him to be the template for the Clone army because of this. He was also very skilled at killing jedi. Boba couldnt do this because in his generation most of the jedi were exterminated.

jollyjim311
Do you know anything about Boba other than what happens in the movies, Rampant? Truthfully.

Rampant ox
No, I dont erm

jollyjim311
That's okay.

www.swcomics.com

Imperial and New Republic (I think) era. Their are some good ones on Boba. Read them if you want.

Rampant ox
Thanks. smile

DE Luke
I cant be bothered arguing with you anymore DE Luke. Lets just put this behind us and move on.

Jango Fett was the best bounty hunter in the galaxy. The Count picked him to be the template for the Clone army because of this. He was also very skilled at killing jedi. Boba couldnt do this because in his generation most of the jedi were exterminated. And neither can I with you.You aren't worth it anyway.

And agreed,Mace even stated in Shatterpoint that Jango was the most dangerous man in the galaxy.And that if he killed Dooku right there,Fett most certainly have gunned Mace down right then and there.

Rampant ox
And neither can I with you.You aren't worth it anyway.

Charming.

For once I agree. With only one of his pistols and a broken jet pack he managed to make Mace swing wildly to block his shots. Had he had both pistols and the ability to fly there is a good chance Mace would have been killed. Also Jango killed that Reek in one shot. That takes some pretty accurate shooting.

Blaxican Hydra

For once I agree. With only one of his pistols and a broken jet pack he managed to make Mace swing wildly to block his shots. Had he had both pistols and the ability to fly there is a good chance Mace would have been killed. Also Jango killed that Reek in one shot. That takes some pretty accurate shooting.

Agreed.

Jam-Jul_Lison
And neither can I with you.You aren't worth it anyway.

And agreed,Mace even stated in Shatterpoint that Jango was the most dangerous man in the galaxy.And that if he killed Dooku right there,Fett most certainly have gunned Mace down right then and there.

When he was referring to killing Dooku, he ment when he had come up behind Dooku and ignited his lightsaber. That was his one chance to kill him. But if he had Jango would have gunned him down. To be fair though, considering the position Jango was in right there, anyone could have possible gunned down Mace then had they been right where Jango was. As for when he is shooting at Mace on the battle field, Jango was sort of just pointing and shooting while Mace easily deflected the blaster bolts while running at him. Then quickly decapitating him. Mace seemed to do it easily.

Now I saw it brought up that Jango was a jedi hunter. Yet i have not seen anything to support this. Jango was a bounty hunter. While one of the best it is obvious that he is not as well know. Remember when he is seen flying away after shooting that one bounty hunter with a kamino saber dart. Has he been real well known, they would have reconized it as him. Not many bounty hunters go around in Mandalorian armor you know. I have little doubt that Jango is almost as good as Boba, but Boba is still a little better. He learned a lot from Jango and had the benifit of more years of experiance.

Rampant ox
Originally posted by Jam-Jul_Lison
When he was referring to killing Dooku, he ment when he had come up behind Dooku and ignited his lightsaber. That was his one chance to kill him. But if he had Jango would have gunned him down. To be fair though, considering the position Jango was in right there, anyone could have possible gunned down Mace then had they been right where Jango was. As for when he is shooting at Mace on the battle field, Jango was sort of just pointing and shooting while Mace easily deflected the blaster bolts while running at him. Then quickly decapitating him. Mace seemed to do it easily.

But the novel says otherwise. In the movie we see Mace deflecting Jangos shots and then beheading him. But we have no idea how much trouble he was having, apart from ones perception of the battle. However the AOTC novel says that Jangos well placed shots caused Mace to swing his saber wildly. This doesnt contradict the movie therefore it is canon.

Fair enough. I havent read any of the EU novels so I cant really form an argument. However Jango was defeated by the second best jedi in the jedi order. Boba was defeated by a blind man, who wasnt trying to kill him and had his back turned to Boba. This would lead me to beleive Jango is more efficient with his kill, and doesnt waste time eg the Kamino dart. However Boba is more of a guns blazing type guy eg "No disentagrations".

jollyjim311
http://www.swcomics.com/?f=Jango_Fett , some good comics to show Jango's abilities. Boba has much more experience, and could do all these things and more, I believe. For the most part, Boba's skills are in books, not comics, but if you want some comic sightings for Boba, just ask. I already have a bunch.

Tangible God
Im not the one who posted a useless piece of info that doesnt contribute to the argument at all... Fanboy hypocrite.

Rampant ox
Fanboy hypocrite.

Your just asking for a fight there. Me and DE Luke put that behind us and kept on debating. And then you just come along and post an offensive comment for no reason at all. Thats trolling, plain and simple...

Tangible God
Your just asking for a fight there. So I assume you got the irony?

Rampant ox
So I assume you got the irony?

mad mad mad stick out tongue

Infinity
hmm actually boba got barfed up by the sarlacc... and he went on to own everyone big grin coz boba rocks his dads ass. his dad is a noob and boba is like uber..

Infinity
u should read the boba fett novels they own stick out tongue

xxxpoppunker182
i say boba

1) he didn't care what he had to do as long as he got his bounty.

2) jango had taught him enough to start out at 13 i think was how old he was when he first started killing.

3)he also killed jedi and went on to fight vader lightsaber to lightsaber

4)he like his father also became the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy

5)he blew up the sarlacc and managed to get out

6) while dengar and neelah were taking care of him he saved both of them from an earthquake caused by the sarlacc. and he ddn't have any skin since it was all digested

7) he helped cause the destruction of the bounty hunters guild

8)becamne mandalore was foud by the Yuuzhan Vong to be worthy allies

9) helped win the war against the Yuuzhan Vong

10)and he's now coming back at the age of like 78-80 in bloodlines and i'm sure that his name is still going to be feared by all who remember it.

oh and saying boba was defeated by a blind man isn't staeting all the facts. who would you pay attention to a blind guy or a jedi with a lightsaber? i'm going to go out on a limb here and say the jedi.

and yes no one has more luck than han.

exanda kane
There both pretty cool characters, I really do not have a preference.

Infinity
boba is better though. skill wise and history wise.

Sith Lord Windu
No way. Jango killed jedi for a sport. He gave Mace a run for his money with just one blaster and a broken jet pack. Boba got killed by a blind man that wasnt even trying to kill him.

just a couple of things. firstly, jango only killed the jedi who studied a jedi form called niman, the jedi could do most skills with a lightsaber but didn't excel at them (all who studied the form and went to geonosis were killed). the other jedi, like the masterso f ataru and soresu would hae killed him.

the second thing is that mace killed him because he was too experienced and skilled, he studied a form that only three had done, and one turned to the dark side. mace would have killed him even if he had two blasters and a working jet pack, look at obi-wan, a jedi knight who GIVES HIM A RUN FOR HIS MONEY.

boba wasn't concentrating on the blind man, if he was, do you think he would have been killed? i dont think so.

boba, for the resons mentioned, is the best by far!

xxxpoppunker182
see although i really like boba and think he's better than jango. I still think that jango is pretty bad ass and would give boba a run for his money or atleast put up a good fight.

Sith Lord Windu
depends on how old they are. id like to see if them fight when thier in thier 1st few years as they would be about the same skill.

Mider999
sorry guys but i dont see mace windu haveing trouble with jango fett, jango had trouble with obi wan and almost died fighting him and obi wan is no mace windu, in the animated series they showed obi wan deflecting laser shots as well as fire, if mace wanted to kill jango he could have just deflected everything jango threw at him and used his force power to blow his head up, he is good but when it comes down to the really strong jedi he should not be able to handle them, same thing with general grevious he gave like five jedi a run for there money even a jedi master but mace windu almost killed him on every single occasion they met and mortally wounded grevious in there last encounter i believe and i dont see most jedi masters destroying entire droid armies which mace has, or destroying entire star ships like yoda. It would be cool if jango and boba kill jedi and they probably do but come on people mace windu and yoda are THEE most powerful jedi in the that universe that i know of up to the creation of the galactic empire, bounty hunters and droids have no buisness defeating THEE most powerful jedi in the galaxy same with the most powerful sith, imagine how dumb it would be if jango killed darth nihlius.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.