My new tv....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

crazy_shadow
ok i got a small 20" LCD t.v. (Emerson) for my room. well it says in the instruction manuel "This TV can accept 480p/480i/ simplified 1080i video signal."

So i went and put the switch on my 360 to HDTV. Well when i went to play it on the Tv, the screen stayed blue....so i put it back on normal TV, went to the options and tried switching the setting to 480p. Turned it off, switched it back to HD, and still blue.....anyone know what the hells up?

H. S. 6
Check on your tv. Does it say something like LCD-HD TV Moniter?

If it's a moniter, you'll need to use a VGA connection. I bought a monitor, and the VGA came with the TV, so all I had to do was connect the component cables from the 360 to the female end of the VGA cable.

crazy_shadow
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Check on your tv. Does it say something like LCD-HD TV Moniter?

If it's a moniter, you'll need to use a VGA connection. I bought a monitor, and the VGA came with the TV, so all I had to do was connect the component cables from the 360 to the female end of the VGA cable. it says "20 inch LCD Television" not monitor....:/

i can only hear sound but see no video when the xbox360 is connected through high definition. by any chance the thing is autoset to 780p or something?

H. S. 6
Originally posted by crazy_shadow
it says "20 inch LCD Television" not monitor....:/

i can only hear sound but see no video when the xbox360 is connected through high definition. by any chance the thing is autoset to 780p or something?

Your problem sounds exactly the same as the problem I had, though. I could get audio, but no video.

Check your instruction manual and see if it says anything about if it's a monitor.

Also check to see if a VGA cable came with the television (VGA on one end for the TV, female component parts on the other end, which you would plug in your HD 360 cables).

http://www.dpanda.com.au/images/products/product_avcable_rgb.jpg

The VGA cable will probably look something like that (except the component receivers will be female).

crazy_shadow
Your problem sounds exactly the same as the problem I had, though. I could get audio, but no video.

Check your instruction manual and see if it says anything about if it's a monitor.

Also check to see if a VGA cable came with the television (VGA on one end for the TV, female component parts on the other end, which you would plug in your HD 360 cables).

http://www.dpanda.com.au/images/products/product_avcable_rgb.jpg

The VGA cable will probably look something like that (except the component receivers will be female). yeah that cant be it...i have no where to plug it in for that. here i'll send you a link to the walmart (where i got it stick out tongue) page that had the tv....here it is : http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4217276

maybe you can find more research on it then me lol.

it says here "Yes (Displays in 480p)" for HD Ready...but in the manuel it says 1080i, so ignore that part of the page.

H. S. 6
Hmmm...

So there's no way to connect the VGA into the TV?

And you're plugging in the component (HD cables, the ones that are red, green, and blue) from the 360 in the component input in the TV?

Something's strange about where it says "Yes (Displays in 480p)", and in the manual it says "simplified 1080i."

I'd go to somewhere like Best Buy or Circuit City and see if you can get one of the tech guys to help you.

crazy_shadow
Hmmm...

So there's no way to connect the VGA into the TV?

And you're plugging in the component (HD cables, the ones that are red, green, and blue) from the 360 in the component input in the TV?

Something's strange about where it says "Yes (Displays in 480p)", and in the manual it says "simplified 1080i."

I'd go to somewhere like Best Buy or Circuit City and see if you can get one of the tech guys to help you.

yeah there is no where on the thing to plug them in.

im plugging them all in..to the only place you can plug anything in, which is on the right side, i can't find a picture of where you plug it in, but yeah.....

yeah that is strange :s

ok i'll do that XD...or i can call the tech # on the manuel...

crazy_shadow
I FIGURED IT OUT

lmao all i had to do....was not plug in the yellow cable :3

forumcrew
yea you want to use the component cables that would be the red/blue/green one. Yellow is the basic composite video signal. Component is newer and better, and splits the video into 3 seperate color channels.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.