What Makes A Real Man?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

blondie'sday
"If man had been created in Spirit's image,
He would be free to be wild without being cruel,
Angry without being violent,
Sexual without being coercive,
Spiritual without being unsexed,
And able to truly love."
Okay I have had to ask myself many times in many ways what makes a real man.... Here one idea I come up with after some long research.
R = Respectful to others.
E = Not afraid to show his Emotions.
A = Equally Affectionate & Appreciative to his family.
L = Listen with intent to his wife and kids.
M = Well Mannered in all life's settings.
E = Earning his own way through life is paramount.
N = Neatness, for him everything has a place.
After seeing this I have come to the conclusion that what I live with is not a real man, but I have yet to find a real man in my life according to a lot of people in my life who have seen me go through a lot of ups and downs. Well let me give you all some ideas of what kind of so called men I have in my life and then you tell me where in the hell I can find the real man in this modern world. What kind of men I had in my life:
1. Currently I live with a man who thinks that his pot smoking is more important than paying the bills. Not only that he thinks he should be alowed to read my mail to make sure I don't have another person in my life besides him.
2. Before that I had a man who because we were suposed to just be friends he can have a piece of ass on his terms not mine.
3. Oh lets not forget the man who was charged with rapeing his own daughter who thought that meant he could **** said daughter in my bed.
4. Then there is the man I married he seems to think he can get away with hiding from the law when it comes to neglecting our kids.
5. Never for get the guy somehow thinks friends should stick there noses into relationships because the have nothing better to do.

Dusty
That and a pair of testicles.

lord xyz
Originally posted by blondie'sday
"If man had been created in Spirit's image,
He would be free to be wild without being cruel,
Angry without being violent,
Sexual without being coercive,
Spiritual without being unsexed,
And able to truly love."
Okay I have had to ask myself many times in many ways what makes a real man.... Here one idea I come up with after some long research.
R = Respectful to others.
E = Not afraid to show his Emotions.
A = Equally Affectionate & Appreciative to his family.
L = Listen with intent to his wife and kids.
M = Well Mannered in all life's settings.
E = Earning his own way through life is paramount.
N = Neatness, for him everything has a place.
After seeing this I have come to the conclusion that what I live with is not a real man, but I have yet to find a real man in my life according to a lot of people in my life who have seen me go through a lot of ups and downs. Well let me give you all some ideas of what kind of so called men I have in my life and then you tell me where in the hell I can find the real man in this modern world. What kind of men I had in my life:
1. Currently I live with a man who thinks that his pot smoking is more important than paying the bills. Not only that he thinks he should be alowed to read my mail to make sure I don't have another person in my life besides him.
2. Before that I had a man who because we were suposed to just be friends he can have a piece of ass on his terms not mine.
3. Oh lets not forget the man who was charged with rapeing his own daughter who thought that meant he could **** said daughter in my bed.
4. Then there is the man I married he seems to think he can get away with hiding from the law when it comes to neglecting our kids.
5. Never for get the guy somehow thinks friends should stick there noses into relationships because the have nothing better to do. or rather a powerful, sensible, courageous, funny beast big grin

like me

Meus Amor
Originally posted by Dusty

Punkyhermy
"If you make yourself more than just a man...if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely." ninja

lord xyz
If I was more than a man I'd be a woman stick out tongue

LanceWindu

TOH
That and two pairs of testicles.

silver_tears
I'm gonna be blunt, you have ****ed up men in your life erm

Vinny Valentine
What Makes a Man

'nuff said.

Pandemoniac
Originally posted by lord xyz
or rather a powerful, sensible, courageous, funny beast big grin

like me

gotta agree on that

Meus Amor
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
What Makes a Man

'nuff said. laughing

DE Luke
If you're looking for a man who's angry but not vilent,then you're out of luck,unless you like Darth L. Dipsit(Jesus Christ of KMC).

Love the avatar,Amor

Captain REX
The men in your life just plain suck, I'm sorry to say.

Meus Amor
Originally posted by Captain REX
The men in your life just plain suck, I'm sorry to say.

Captain REX
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
What Makes a Man

'nuff said.

Word.

Raven Guardia
Originally posted by DE Luke
If you're looking for a man who's angry but not vilent,then you're out of luck,unless you like Darth L. Dipsit(Jesus Christ of KMC).

Love the avatar,Amor

this maybe going a bit off-topic (no pun) but my BF gets angry but not violent....I am the violent one. he gets mad and will just leave the conversation. I get mad and start getting violent and threatening. embarrasment So not all guys are violent.

btw blondie, The guys you have been with seem like jerks plain and simple. You need to meet someone better for you, but your list of a realman is a bit 'perfect' thats one reason why relationships fail so much. People are too focused of finding someone 'perfect' with no faults. Truth is were human so no one is perfect, there is no such thing as truly perfect relationship. Best advice I can give is, find someone who makes you happy and you make them equally happy. And someone who loves you and respects you. don't settle for anything less.

silver_tears
Not to be judgmental or whatever but maybe it's where you meet these men, like I perhaps prejudiced, but you're not gonna meet a nice man at for example a rehab clinic, or a seedy bar, maybe you should try some new locations.

Captain REX
Another question. How are you living with a guy who smokes pot and doesn't want you to have other men in your life, as well as having a husband?

Raven Guardia
Thats a really good point ST brings up yes Try somewhere were 'decent' people would spend free time.....This maybe going a bit far. I don't know if you have religion or what it is, but try maybe meeting someone at a Church of your faith. It would give you something in common at least.

Raven Guardia
Another question. How are you living with a guy who smokes pot and doesn't want you to have other men in your life, as well as having a husband?

Husband could be Divorced

Captain REX
Not in the tense she used. ermm

Also, number five bugs me. It's more common for girls to nose their way into relationships and find out what's going on than guys, I would think. Could just be from the girls I know, but whatever.

Raven Guardia
Not in the tense she used. ermm

Also, number five bugs me. It's more common for girls to nose their way into relationships and find out what's going on than guys, I would think. Could just be from the girls I know, but whatever.

I agree. girls are more chatty (hope I spelled that right)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.