HOw many people here..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

meep-meep
are over 18, don't live with there mom or dad, have a full-time job, get laid on a somewhat regular basis, and don't spend all their free time reading Wolverine comic books? Jus' wonderin'.

meep-meep
I wanted to add one more option but I could only list 10. here is the 11th option:

accuse their younger siblings of logging on to their KMC account and posting on their own account.

outavodka
how bout the i live with a roomate and girlfriend. I worship Family Guy, i can pull off And1 tricks on the court, and im not at all just a "comic freak" i engage in mitaristic training everyday and i also compete in mixed martial arts tourneys for a hobby. And oh I would have to say i should limit my "getting laid". Add that one

Scoobless
What the f**k?

outavodka
Originally posted by Scoobless
What the f**k? or would u rather hear i fight crime with my underware outside my pants every night.LOL

Grimm22
How about, im still in highschool, im unemployed and I dont even have a girlfreind no expression

meep-meep
Originally posted by outavodka
how bout the i live with a roomate and girlfriend. I worship Family Guy, i can pull off And1 tricks on the court, and im not at all just a "comic freak" i engage in mitaristic training everyday and i also compete in mixed martial arts tourneys for a hobby. And oh I would have to say i should limit my "getting laid". Add that one

Hey bud if none of these options were indicativeof your personal life you didn't need to respond. But , hey, if you felt left out I can always add your cute little option too.

meep-meep
Originally posted by Grimm22
How about, im still in highschool, im unemployed and I dont even have a girlfreind no expression

In time young grasshoppa...

outavodka
Originally posted by meep-meep
Hey bud if none of these options were indicativeof your personal life you didn't need to respond. But , hey, if you felt left out I can always add your cute little option too. thanx a bunch smokin'

thorncrawler
of the list i live with my mum at the moment, my dad died recently and my mum need my support, i get laid regular enough i have a full time job, im here at the mo, im 22 and i read any comics that look good, esp x-men

King_Mungi
I'm 21, live with mom or dad as I'm still a student, have a full-time job, get laid on a somewhat regular basis, and I don't spend all their free time reading Wolverine comic books. Wanna know more just ask...*shrugs*

Adam Warlock
26, married, 3 children, I don't live with my parents, and I actually live in a house that I'm paying for. My parents Cosigned the loan though. But my parents never gave me a cent for this house. Me and my wife came up with the money for this house on our own. I'll own the house within 10 years.

As for hobbies, Comics only take up a small portion of my free time. I do participate in competitive shooting matches, teach Kajukenbo and FMA, and I spend a lot of time with my family. I also have to travel frequently due to my job.

grey fox
QUIET YOU FOOLS !!!

Dont ruin the magic !!!

HellMaster93
I live with my fiancee, I read Wolverine and Deadpool every month but only for Deadpool, I have sex pretty regularly, I DO NOT live near my parents. I'm currently a hotel receptionist but this job is temporary and I am soon starting owrk as a lawyer n(I have the job etc but not starting until the end of the year...)

LethalFemme
What the f**k?

what he said

Priest
im 21, during the school year i have a apartment far from my parents..during summer and break i live with my parent back home, and yes, i enjoy it.. i regualry go out to bars and lov to chill..i been in a "real" relationship with my girl for three years..i get laid reguarly..and i dont read wolverine comics...he sucks stick out tongue..oh and i work part time for the summer at Macy's selling suits, also im studying for the MCATS currently.

HellMaster93
Yeah, the Syndicate guys all pwn... cool Hmm... never knew you changed your name, Spideytcarnage/ Priest!

Takion
sad

ST0RM SHAD0W
Someone got pissed in a Wolverine debate.....laughing out loud

NiņoArņia
dont have a job, am under 18, live with both my parents, have had a girl i love for 9 months, and i dont read wolvie unless he's in a Xmen comic.......and i dont "get laid"...dont really care tho....

Lucid Lui
I'm 12 years old. I live with my mum, dad, grandparents and aunties. I've never had sex, a girlfriend or talked to a girl without vomiting through my nose. I have made out with various different vegetables though. I'm slowly working up the courage to ask my life size Wolverine doll if he wants to spoon. I only have to read through every Wolverine comic 5 more times till he really believes i know him better than anyone.

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
I'm 12 years old. I live with my mum, dad, grandparents and aunties. I've never had sex, a girlfriend or talked to a girl without vomiting through my nose. I have made out with various different vegetables though. I'm slowly working up the courage to ask my life size Wolverine doll if he wants to spoon. I only have to read through every Wolverine comic 5 more times till he really believes i know him better than anyone.

You always seemed a bit older than that .... smile

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by meep-meep
are over 18, don't live with there mom or dad, have a full-time job, get laid on a somewhat regular basis, and don't spend all their free time reading Wolverine comic books? Jus' wonderin'.

I find it hard to believe that anyone on here gets laid on a regular basis .... I've seen the photos smile

Any way why did you find the need to Illustrate you're insecurities in a thread .... I recommend counselling, it worked wonders for me. smile

Scoobless
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
Any way why did you find the need to Illustrate you're insecurities in a thread .... I recommend counselling, it worked wonders for me. smile

This is cheaper ... laughing out loud

R.O.T. Yahman
This is cheaper ... laughing out loud

I got mine on the NHS. laughing out loud

Scoobless
I got mine on the NHS. laughing out loud

The thread starter is just a colonial though.... he still has to pay for it

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
26, married, 3 children, I don't live with my parents, and I actually live in a house that I'm paying for. My parents Cosigned the loan though. But my parents never gave me a cent for this house. Me and my wife came up with the money for this house on our own. I'll own the house within 10 years.

As for hobbies, Comics only take up a small portion of my free time. I do participate in competitive shooting matches, teach Kajukenbo and FMA, and I spend a lot of time with my family. I also have to travel frequently due to my job. You're 26 with 3 kids???? Freak!Originally posted by King_Mungi
I'm 21, live with mom or dad as I'm still a student, have a full-time job, get laid on a somewhat regular basis, and I don't spend all their free time reading Wolverine comic books. Wanna know more just ask...*shrugs* You sound like my brother... I can only get him to be a kid and play video games with me when he comes to visit.... mommas boy... laughing out loud

Anywho... I'm 15, I've only gotten laid once like two years ago... maybe three. I've been getting summer jobs trying to get something where I can acctually not get in trouble for drawing on the job. I live with my mom. Divorced... Stepdad and neice. (his grandaughter) I've ggtten so sick of wolverine since the 90's Xman series... Other than that, Scoobs is right. I've had three psychs... one left the country after councelling me. smile Yes I'm proud of that. KMC's the best you can get.

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by Spideys Sister
I've had three psychs... one left the country after councelling me. smile Yes I'm proud of that. KMC's the best you can get.

I don't want to be rude (As you maybe fit) but that is seriously sad .... sad You seem like a humerous person and im sure you can get better social life, off the internet. smile

Scoobless
Anywho... I'm 15, I've only gotten laid once like two years ago... maybe three.

shock

LethalFemme
shock

I at first thought I was the only on who saw that and was going to reply to that but, I figured I'd let it work itself out. erm

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by LethalFemme
I at first thought I was the only on who saw that and was going to reply to that but, I figured I'd let it work itself out. erm

13 really isn't that young .... sad

My friends were having sex in about year 8-9, which is at that age. smile

LethalFemme

My friends were having sex in about year 8-9, which is at that age. smile

That's disturbing.no expression

grey fox
I'm 15, I've only gotten laid once like two years ago... maybe three.

You disgust me.

grey fox

My friends were having sex in about year 8-9, which is at that age. smile Originally posted by LethalFemme

Indeed....

LethalFemme
Originally posted by grey fox
You disgust me.

Are you being genuine?

R.O.T. Yahman

A bit .... but thats what generrally happens under daimond white intoxication. I loved being that age .... Its seems so sad now, but at the time it was great. smile

R.O.T. Yahman
Are you being genuine?

I hope he isn't ... it seems a bit judgemental from someone with such 'superior social skills' .

LethalFemme
A bit .... but thats what generrally happens under daimond white intoxication. I loved being that age .... Its seems so sad now, but at the time it was great. smile

I guess you sort of had to be there.

R.O.T. Yahman
I guess you sort of had to be there.

Not really .... We acted how most others do , when exposed to alchohol. smile

grey fox
I hope he isn't ... it seems a bit judgemental from someone with such 'superior social skills' .

A. I can admit I have shitty social skills , but when your getting your ass kicked throughout most of your school life then I think we can agree becoming a little bit cynical and anti-social isn't unexpected.

B. Yes I'm being genuine . I honestly don't think children shouldn't be sleeping with each other. Kid's are morons , kid's these days (and olden days to about 1990) believed that washing their genitals in Coca Cola was a viable contraceptive. If that doesn't show you how stupid they can be then nothing more will...

Unlike some though I don't really hold a grudge (unless you REALLY piss me off ) at the end of the day it's Spidey's sisters body and she can do what she likes . But that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Takion
shock
YUCK!!!!

Thank god I'm a virgin.

Scoobless
Not really .... We acted how most others do , when exposed to alchohol. smile

Some of us managed to stay away from alcohol when still counting our age in single figures

stick out tongue

The Pict
Some of us managed to stay away from alcohol when still counting our age in single figures

stick out tongue

laughing thumb up

grey fox

stick out tongue

thumb up

I lived (still do in-fact) on a 'pure' philosophy.

No drug's , No drinks , No tobacco.

I'm pretty much healthy (aside from fatty food's and laziness)

R.O.T. Yahman
A. I can admit I have shitty social skills , but when your getting your ass kicked throughout most of your school life then I think we can agree becoming a little bit cynical and anti-social isn't unexpected.]

I feel sorry for you .... but feeling the need to take a stab at 15 year old, just because she wanted to experiment, and was able to (I.e. it take two to tango mate), may explain why you've had such an inept social life.

B. Yes I'm being genuine . I honestly don't think children shouldn't be sleeping with each other. Kid's are morons , kid's these days (and olden days to about 1990)]

I consider myself a Kid (I'm only 20), and if you consider me to be a moron, i don't know what it makes you. Sorry to be so cliched, but you are hardly the one to categorise people as morons. smile

Unlike some though I don't really hold a grudge (unless you REALLY piss me off ) at the end of the day it's Spidey's sisters body and she can do what she likes . But that doesn't mean I have to like it.

No grudge .... you've just hit bit of a nerve. smile

grey fox
I feel sorry for you .... but feeling the need to take a stab at 15 year old, just because she wanted to experiment, and was able to (I.e. it take two to tango mate), may explain why you've had such an inept social life.

I'm not sure whether to take this as an insult or a statement. Ether way My social life isn't 'inept' as you put it. I have 8-10 friends (whom i see on a semi-regular basis) I don't need a huge crowd of thirty or so to have a 'social life' .

Also I wasn't 'Taking a Stab', Taking a stab would be me saying something insulting to her. I just stated she disgust's me. But then I'm one person whom (from what the Most known member thread says) not many people know or care about.

I consider myself a Kid (I'm only 20), and if you consider me to be a moron, i don't know what it makes you. Sorry to be so cliched, but you are hardly the one to categorise people as morons.

I consider a kid any age up to 16 possibly 18. After that you should be sound of mind enough to be able to make choices which could affect you or others surrounding you.

No grudge .... you've just hit bit of a nerve.

As i said , I don't care much. It just annoys me that people take such a casual stance on the subject.

LethalFemme

stick out tongue

yes

R.O.T. Yahman
I'm not sure whether to take this as an insult or a statement. Ether way My social life isn't 'inept' as you put it. I have 8-10 friends (whom i see on a semi-regular basis) I don't need a huge crowd of thirty or so to have a 'social life' .

You're contradicting what you stated previously ....

I can admit I have shitty social skills , but when your getting your ass kicked throughout most of your school life .

Also I wasn't 'Taking a Stab', Taking a stab would be me saying something insulting to her. I just stated she disgust's me. But then I'm one person whom (from what the Most known member thread says) not many people know or care about. .

Well I'm totally in the wrong then. I cant believe i perceived this as an insult roll eyes (sarcastic)

she disgust's me.

You do realise that such 'passive / un offensive' comments lead to the deaths of 6 million Jews. smile

And please don't get me started on the Best debater threads .... smile

R.O.T. Yahman

stick out tongue

Id excpect more from a Jock .... Where's youre sense of pride mate ? big grin

Scoobless
Id excpect more from a Jock .... Where's youre sense of pride mate ? big grin

It's around here somewhere.... confused ..... now where did i put my Portugal shirt? ... evil face

R.O.T. Yahman
It's around here somewhere.... confused ..... now where did i put my Portugal shirt? ... evil face

laughing laughing

Did you hear about the riots in Jersey ? smile

Scoobless
laughing laughing

Did you hear about the riots in Jersey ? smile

No... anything bad/funny happen?

LethalFemme

The bad = people were killed.

The funny = people were killed.

happy

Scoobless

happy

on second thoughts... never mind..... whistling

R.O.T. Yahman

happy

Just because i like to get drunk occasionally, it does not make me an American Football jock. wink

It was funny, people thinking it was necessary to throw abuse, and bottles at the Portuguese (There are a lot over here). On the whole it wasn't nearly as bad as 2 years ago.

'

LethalFemme

I saw what you typed and the same could be said of you.stick out tongue

Asshappy

grey fox
You're contradicting what you stated previously ....

Just because I have shitty social skills doesn't necessarily mean it's impossible for me to make friends.

Well I'm totally in the wrong then. I cant believe i perceived this as an insult roll eyes (sarcastic)

I can think of worse insults , and as I stated why should anyone care. It's my opinion , just like Bardock's opinion is that dutch paedophiles should be able to sleep with anyone they want , or that 8888 believes that Wolverine has Super strength.

You do realise that such 'passive / un offensive' comments lead to the deaths of 6 million Jews. smile

Oh yes , let's really compare a guy who talks about comic book's and thinks teens shouldn't sleep with each other until their sixteen to Hitler.

R.O.T. Yahman

I don't think it was that bad .... evil face

LethalFemme
Just because i like to get drunk occasionally, it does not make me an American Football jock. wink

It was funny, people thinking it was necessary to throw abuse, and bottles at the Portuguese (There are a lot over here). On the whole it wasn't nearly as bad as 2 years ago.

'

I didn't ask the second part Scoobs did. confused

Takion
Why isn't this thread closed?

R.O.T. Yahman

Oh yes , let's really compare a guy who talks about comic book's and thinks teens shouldn't sleep with each other until their sixteen to Hitler.

No .... I'm comparing you to the various Propaganda devices, produced by Joseph Goebbels stating the Jews to be disgusting. smile

Mate i can save you a lot of time and bother .... There is little point in trying to justify, calling a 15 year old girl 'distgusting'.

grey fox
Originally posted by Takion

Because the mod's are/were too busy with either

A. Diabloman

B. Tourney

R.O.T. Yahman
I didn't ask the second part Scoobs did. confused

It takes to long to do the quote name thing .... smile

Takion
Because the mod's are/were too busy with either

A. Diabloman

B. Tourney
laughing

Scoobless
I saw what you typed and the same could be said of you.stick out tongue

Asshappy

Did you?...... i decided to change it because it might have been pushing it... even for me.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

LethalFemme
It takes to long to do the quote name thing .... smile

Lazymhm

Scoobless
Originally posted by Takion

Quiet you!..... mad

R.O.T. Yahman
Lazymhm

Bigot ! smile

Scoobless
Numptie! stick out tongue

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=numptie

laughing out loud.... one for each of you ... laughing out loud

grey fox
No .... I'm comparing you to the various Propaganda devices, produced by Joseph Goebbels stating the Jews to be disgusting. smile

Mate i can save you a lot of time and bother .... There is little point in trying to justify, calling a 15 year old girl 'distgusting'.

No Yahman , me being a propaganda device would be stating that Spidey's Sister needs to die for her crime of having sex when she was under-age . Saying she disgusts me is just a personal opinion.

I'm not calling her (the women) disgusting , i'm Saying that fact that she did the act at that age is what I find disgusting.. Other then that Spidey is a fine young women from what I've seen.

Or to put it more simply

Propaganda = http://www.rotten.com/library/imagery/propaganda/santa.gif

You disgust me. = Opinion

Blair Wind
hi...Im 11, my mommy says Im special, I got shot nine times in the stomach and went home instead of the hospital. I joined this site when I learned Scoobless was my father erm

no expression

R.O.T. Yahman

Muppet ! smile

grey fox
Originally posted by Blair Wind
hi...Im 11, my mommy says Im special, I got shot nine times in the stomach and went home instead of the hospital. I joined this site when I learned Scoobless was my father erm

no expression

So little groin spawn of Scoob , how ya feeling ?

Scoobless

no expression

Timmy? .... no expression

grey fox
Muppet ! smile

http://www.spencercountry.com/~smokinjoe/animal_muppet.jpg

Takion
Timmy? .... no expression
George...no expression?

LethalFemme

rolling on floor laughing

R.O.T. Yahman
No Yahman , me being a propaganda device would be stating that Spidey's Sister needs to die for her crime of having sex when she was under-age . Saying she disgusts me is just a personal opinion.

I'm not calling her (the women) disgusting , i'm Saying that fact that she did the act at that age is what I find disgusting.. Other then that Spidey is a fine young women from what I've seen.

Or to put it more simply

Propaganda = http://www.rotten.com/library/imagery/propaganda/santa.gif

= Opinion

yawn

Fair enough ..... but

HellMaster93
ROFLMAO! Young sex? Well, I guess its your responsibility. I always have less sympathy for guys involved... LOL. As I had bullsit social skills and suced at sport, plus I was genuinely one of the most intelligent in the form and didn't hang out with the "in" crowd or even talk to girls much (a-I was shy, and b- i attended an all boys school), i never had the chance for much sex or even much with girls... sad I got lucky later on though... big grin

grey fox

no expression Originally posted by Scoobless
Timmy? .... no expression Originally posted by Takion
George...no expression?

Aren't these family reunions special folk's ?

grey fox
yawn

Fair enough ..... but

I've already justified and stated why , if you can't bring up new material and then have to quote your-self then your not as good a debater as i thought.

R.O.T. Yahman

C*nt ! big grin

LethalFemme
C*nt ! big grin

Hey that's our word and we're taking it back. mad

HellMaster93
Jesus... I agree with Fox partially on thsis one... though I really find calling a 15 year old disgusting is the best way to go about it... I don't think it's disgusting for her to want to experiment...

Blair Wind
laughing

anyways...since everyone else is giving there lifes story. I am actually 18, live by the same "pure" philosophy that Fox does (ie no drugs, no drink), dont get laid (but thats my choice because Ive had plenty of opportunity's *I have that whole wait till marriage philosophy*), got voted biggest class flirt however in my Senior year of High School...which just ended big grin. College here I come! ummmm I have my 4 close/best friends, then I have my crowd of friends. My social skills are pretty good (lets put it this way: Other than my close friends if I ever told anyone else that I liked Comic Books, or spent my time in Comic Book debates they'd think I was lying erm )
Anything else I missed? eh anything else has escaped my mind.

R.O.T. Yahman
I've already justified and stated why , if you can't bring up new material and then have to quote your-self then your not as good a debater as i thought.

laughing Look Mann , this not debating ... you missed the point completely !

Its not about proving my point .... I just think its absurd that you think you are morally justified in calling a 15 year old girl 'Distgusting'.

I'm not debating over whether or not sex at such a young age is wrong, or whether or not i missused the term propaganda in the wrong context.

I'm simply having a go at you, because what you said was really really Out of Order, IMO ! smile

grey fox
laughing Look Mann , this not debating ... you missed the point completely !

Its not about proving my point .... I just think its absurd that you think you are morally justified in calling a 15 year old girl 'Distgusting'.

I'm not debating over whether or not sex at such a young age is wrong, or whether or not i missused the term propaganda in the wrong context.

I'm simply having a go at you, because what you said was really really Out of Order, IMO ! smile

Oh....

Well i'm a prick evil face

HellMaster93
I agree with yahman here...

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by HellMaster93
Jesus... I agree with Fox partially on thsis one... though I really find calling a 15 year old disgusting is the best way to go about it... I don't think it's disgusting for her to want to experiment...

Really ??????? confused

Mann, and you had made such good impression on me, with you're generally good tastes in comics, and you're similarly dyslexic posting.

Oh well. sad

R.O.T. Yahman
Hey that's our word and we're taking it back. mad

I've heard that word is copyrighted against all outside united Kingdom. stick out tongue

HellMaster93
Sorry, I don't agree with the "disgusting part". I simplay disagree with young sex. and dyslexic posting is a seriously uncalled for insult, especially after you'd had a go at Grey fox for simply calling someone "disgusting". dyselxia's a condition, not a DAMN insult!

R.O.T. Yahman
Sorry, I don't agree with the "disgusting part". I simplay disagree with young sex. and dyslexic posting is a seriously uncalled for insult, especially after you'd had a go at Grey fox for simply calling someone "disgusting". dyselxia's a condition, not a DAMN insult!

Mate its not an insult .... most will agree that I'm one of the most dyslexic people on here .... did somebody say Thorv ?

LethalFemme
I've heard that word is copyrighted against all outside united Kingdom. stick out tongue

How about I unite my foot with your ass?mhm

HellMaster93
Hmm. Right...

R.O.T. Yahman
How about I unite my foot with your ass?mhm

I would prefer that you wouldn't .... its a tender area. embarrasment

LethalFemme
I would prefer that you wouldn't .... its a tender area. embarrasment

shock

R.O.T. Yahman
Hmm. Right...

A bit gay, but i have a bit of a soft spot for dsyleix posters ( embarrasment ), and i do think you have good taste in comics. smile

inamilist
actually, there are several moral philosophies that would justify GF's opinion.

(before i go into ethics, let me just say that he has EVERY right to say whatever he feels about any issue. Freedom of speech and all that, and if someone who owns, or represents someone who owns, this site decides it is inappropriate, that is their call. While it might not be nice, dissallowing someone to voice their opinion or to dissent from what others are saying is MUCH closer to fascism than having ANY opinion. Notice i didnt say anything about Nazis. Thats because the only people in history that are even remotely comparable to the nazis are..... THE NAZIS)

Kantian moral philosophy - Catagorical imperative says that an action is moral if it can be applied equally to all members of society. Since it is not hard to imagine people at 12-15 years of age being ill prepared for sexual conduct, it is therefore not proper for them to engage in such.

Virtue Based - a) sex and virginity is sacred to an individual and should be kept until the proper time b) a higher power (god or something else) has determined it is virtuous to not engage in sexual conduct

Empirical - Modern society (as opposed to the ones where girls were married of at 9-12) has a increadably long period allocated to the social and cognitive development of a child. Also, there is a great deal of neurological literature that shows the human brain has not fully developed the ability to make reasonable descisions until as late as 25. Given that today, as opposed to years ago, a person of 15 years of age is for all extents and puropses still an immature child (ie, still developing socially and physiologically) it is probably not adviseable from them to engage in actions that are known to be deeply confusing to their mental state.

to make it clear, I agree with none of these. My personal philosophy is anti-pure. in fact, i would look at living a pure life as disgusting and a waste. However that is my opinion, which brings me to my last point...

Regardless of age or any other factor, the only person who knows what is good for someone is themselves. Is it disgusting for a 10 year old to have sex, maybe, depends on how you look at the world. It doesn't matter what other people thing though, if you are a sexually aware and secure 10 year old, then do it, if you get hurt really bad because of it, thats the only way you are going to learn.

R.O.T. Yahman
shock

Youre no fun .... sad

LethalFemme
Youre no fun .... sad

angel

Takion
baby

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by inamilist

(before i go into ethics, let me just say that he has EVERY right to say whatever he feels about any issue. Freedom of speech and all that, and if someone who owns, or represents someone who owns, this site decides it is inappropriate, that is their call. While it might not be nice, dissallowing someone to voice their opinion or to dissent from what others are saying is MUCH closer to fascism than having ANY opinion. Notice i didnt say anything about Nazis. Thats because the only people in history that are even remotely comparable to the nazis are..... THE NAZIS)

Kantian moral philosophy - Catagorical imperative says that an action is moral if it can be applied equally to all members of society. Since it is not hard to imagine people at 12-15 years of age being ill prepared for sexual conduct, it is therefore not proper for them to engage in such.

Virtue Based - a) sex and virginity is sacred to an individual and should be kept until the proper time b) a higher power (god or something else) has determined it is virtuous to not engage in sexual conduct

Empirical - Modern society (as opposed to the ones where girls were married of at 9-12) has a increadably long period allocated to the social and cognitive development of a child. Also, there is a great deal of neurological literature that shows the human brain has not fully developed the ability to make reasonable descisions until as late as 25. Given that today, as opposed to years ago, a person of 15 years of age is for all extents and puropses still an immature child (ie, still developing socially and physiologically) it is probably not adviseable from them to engage in actions that are known to be deeply confusing to their mental state.

to make it clear, I agree with none of these. My personal philosophy is anti-pure. in fact, i would look at living a pure life as disgusting and a waste. However that is my opinion, which brings me to my last point...

Regardless of age or any other factor, the only person who knows what is good for someone is themselves. Is it disgusting for a 10 year old to have sex, maybe, depends on how you look at the world. It doesn't matter what other people thing though, if you are a sexually aware and secure 10 year old, then do it, if you get hurt really bad because of it, thats the only way you are going to learn.

Ok .... The Categorical Imperative states that you cannot insult people, so Kants out the window. One of the Aristostles Virtues is not to be pompus, so that doesn't work. And Relative persepctives such as Benthams Act Ultilitarianism, and Fleatchers situation ethics have no qualms with itv .... Any way why the A.S. ethics leasson ? confused

inamilist
Ok .... The Categorical Imperative states that you cannot insult people, so Kants out the window. One of the Aristostles Virtues is not to be pompus, so that doesn't work. And Relative persepctives such as Benthams Act Ultilitarianism, and Fleatchers situation ethics have no qualms with itv .... Any way why the A.S. ethics leasson ? confused

you said there is no justification for calling someone disgusting

im saying there is

and ya, there are lots of philosophies that disagree with anything, thats why philosophy is useless most of the time :/

R.O.T. Yahman
you said there is no justification for calling someone disgusting

im saying there is

and ya, there are lots of philosophies that disagree with anything, thats why philosophy is useless most of the time :/

Agreed .... You should go to the 'Are there any absolutes' on the philospophy forum. I've just posted something about the absurdity of the verification process, devised by emotivists such as A.J. Ayer. You're right, via the processes of verfification, and many other relativist philiosophical perspectives, there are no ethical absolutes. But, i bet if i came round to your house and killed one of youre family members, you wouldn't be best pleased.

Scoobless
the only people in history that are even remotely comparable to the nazis are..... THE NAZIS)

You should check out more British History..... we (though mainly the English) were total c*nts to everyone back in the old days.... The British were using Nazi type holding camps before there even were Nazis...

Slavery? with the largest naval force in the world (larger than both the second and third fleets combined) Britain could have stopped the slave trade at any point they wanted to... but instead they were actually a big part of it

At one stage Britain (England) was in control of 3/4 of the planet... way more than the Romans or the Monguls and way, way more than the Nazis could've hoped to rule... they didn't get to that point without being loose with the old morals (regardless of Eddie Izzard's hilarious "Flag" theory)

Eddie: We stole countries! That's how you build an empire. We stole countries with the cunning use of flags! Sail halfway around the world, stick a flag in.
"I claim India for Britain."
And they're going,
"You can't claim us. We live here! There's five hundred million of us."
"Do you have a flag?"
"We don't need a flag, this is our country you bastard!"
"No flag, no country... that's the rules ... that I've just made up."

laughing

inamilist
Agreed .... You should go to the 'Are there any absolutes' on the philospophy forum. I've just posted something about the absurdity of the verification process, devised by emotivists such as A.J. Ayer. You're right, via the processes of verfification, and many other relativist philiosophical perspectives, there are no ethical absolutes. But, i bet if i came round to your house and killed one of youre family members, you wouldn't be best pleased.

why do you think im a relativist?

if you want to get into the real nitty gritty, im a post-modern pragmatist

i guess what i am saying is that justification is relative, and while to you there is no justifiable means to say that something someone does is disgusting, there are lots of beliefs that would encourage or even force someone to weigh in.

Memes man, its all about memes wink

inamilist
You should check out more British History..... we (though mainly the English) were total c*nts to everyone back in the old days.... The British were using Nazi type holding camps before there even were Nazis...

Slavery? with the largest naval force in the world (larger than both the second and third fleets combined) Britain could have stopped the slave trade at any point they wanted to... but instead they were actually a big part of it

At one stage Britain (England) was in control of 3/4 of the planet... way more than the Romans or the Monguls and way, way more than the Nazis could've hoped to rule... they didn't get to that point without being loose with the old morals (regardless of Eddie Izzard's hilarious "Flag" theory)

Eddie: We stole countries! That's how you build an empire. We stole countries with the cunning use of flags! Sail halfway around the world, stick a flag in.
"I claim India for Britain."
And they're going,
"You can't claim us. We live here! There's five hundred million of us."
"Do you have a flag?"
"We don't need a flag, this is our country you bastard!"
"No flag, no country... that's the rules ... that I've just made up."

laughing

hahaha

oh, i know there is evil out there

just the systematic method in which the extermination camps were set up, is, imho, probably the most evil thing witnessed.

Like, its not even the actions that do it for me, its the fact that they had it down to the most minute detail, for instance, the concentration camps had no piles of fuel for the furnaces. This is because the nazi commanders had discovered if you keep the ovens at X degrees you can put Y bodies in at Z intervals and keep the stoves going indefinatly. Or the IBM punchcard system. so evil......

Scoobless
Well... they say that "God is in the details"

I'm not sure who "they" are.... but i have heard them say that..... shifty

R.O.T. Yahman
why do you think im a relativist?

if you want to get into the real nitty gritty, im a post-modern pragmatist

i guess what i am saying is that justification is relative, and while to you there is no justifiable means to say that something someone does is disgusting, there are lots of beliefs that would encourage or even force someone to weigh in.

Memes man, its all about memes wink

OMG .... which theory are memes with again ? Its not Virtue Ethics is it ? sad big grin

R.O.T. Yahman
hahaha

oh, i know there is evil out there

just the systematic method in which the extermination camps were set up, is, imho, probably the most evil thing witnessed.

Like, its not even the actions that do it for me, its the fact that they had it down to the most minute detail, for instance, the concentration camps had no piles of fuel for the furnaces. This is because the nazi commanders had discovered if you keep the ovens at X degrees you can put Y bodies in at Z intervals and keep the stoves going indefinatly. Or the IBM punchcard system. so evil......

I think both Kantian ethics and Ultiltarianism can be used to justify National socialism. eek!

Scoobless
Do you guys study this stuff at school/college? tell me you aren't reading up on theories of morality/philosophy for fun..... no expression

newjak86
Wow this thread has changed from what it is supposed to be.

inamilist
OMG .... which theory are memes with again ? Its not Virtue Ethics is it ? sad big grin

hehehe no

memetics is a protoscience in psychology

it was so good though, until the psudoscientists ruined it

inamilist
Do you guys study this stuff at school/college? tell me you aren't reading up on theories of morality/philosophy for fun..... no expression

both actually

inamilist
I think both Kantian ethics and Ultiltarianism can be used to justify National socialism. eek!

LOL

I find that Kantian ethics and Aristotalian ethics can be used to justify pretty much anything.

but ya, yay needing justification big grin

R.O.T. Yahman

When im not drinking J.D out of a paper bag. smile

R.O.T. Yahman
hehehe no

memetics is a protoscience in psychology

it was so good though, until the psudoscientists ruined it

Isn't that prescriptivism ... meta ethical ? smile

inamilist
Isn't that prescriptivism ... meta ethical ? smile

likely

im more psych based than philosophy based

we likely are just using synonymous terms

grey fox

That's what I've been saying. At the end of the day I'm one man with an opinion. So who should give a shit ? It's not like I'm raising a mob to get SS.

Although I SWEAR to fanboy Wolverine that i read that 'no one is comparable to the Nazi's' thing a while back. But it was more humorous stating stuff like 'Even those skin heads down the mall in leather with swastika tattoo's aren't Nazi's'

HellMaster93
A bit gay, but i have a bit of a soft spot for dsyleix posters ( embarrasment ), and i do think you have good taste in comics. smile I love you too, yahman... big grin And Spawn, Batman and Daredevil pwn... smile

Spideys Sister
You disgust me. Imagine how I felt when my class found out... sad Not cool.Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman

My friends were having sex in about year 8-9, which is at that age. smile Well that's cause at 8 0r 9 those noises comming from our parents room sound painful and fun....shifty I am of course j/k about that. At 8 or 9 kids should be playing with power rangers...Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
I don't want to be rude (As you maybe fit) but that is seriously sad .... sad You seem like a humerous person and im sure you can get better social life, off the internet. smile Not really. That's why I'm still single. I'm to out going and out there for most guys. Other wise I'd ditch the KMC life and go to see some half assed remake of the Omen... the first three were better.

I understand most of you guys have a problem with me doing it at 13 but you can't change what happened.... besides... $10 says one or two of you is hiding something about yourseves... It's the internet. Who the hell cares? It's not like you can be banned for not being a virgin... other wise there'd be only about 200 members. laughing out loud

HellMaster93
I'm not a virgin... which is kinda lucky considering I'm enaged and 22...

Spideys Sister
Well your legal.... in the US.

R.O.T. Yahman
Imagine how I felt when my class found out... sad Not cool. Well that's cause at 8 0r 9 those noises comming from our parents room sound painful and fun....shifty I am of course j/k about that. At 8 or 9 kids should be playing with power rangers...

They weren't 8 or 9 years old .... they where year 8 and 9 at school i.e. about 13 - 14 years old. smile

DigiMark007
What the f**k?

Cosigned. This lloks like an OTF thread.

Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.