Personal Hygeine in the books

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Grathius
In all of the Harry Potter books I have found only one mention of a device used for personal hygeine, which is the prefects bath/pool as well as one spell, the one Ginny uses on the train in OoTP. I mean if the only time you can clean yourself up is f you are a prefect, than it would seem to me to be a coveted position. After Quidditch games the players are described as being overed in muck and positively filthy, so do they take showers or do they use some spell that is never mentioned?

d-fly_girl008
i think they take showers... but i'm not sure

Blue_Hefner
I suppose they take care of themselves even though it's not mentioned in the books. I dont see why you would want to read about someone taking a shower.

H. S. 6
They take showers.

TheKingofKINGS!
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/suicide1wa.gif

Barker
Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
I suppose they take care of themselves even though it's not mentioned in the books. I dont see why you would want to read about someone taking a shower.
yes

Really, I don't know who would be wondering about that, unless they've got some weird fetish/problems.

Demonic Phoenix
Something else u shud notice is that they never visit the looyes.
Bathroom maybe, Loo never.

d-fly_girl008
they probably do, it's just that jkr never writes it...

Demonic Phoenix
Just like she never writes bout them washing their faces, taking a bath, going to the loo, brushin their teeth, combing their hair(xcept for Harry, altho his hair cant lie flat).

d-fly_girl008
exactly!!

Demonic Phoenix
Uhh thx again.

d-fly_girl008
yw... again...

Joseph_Kerr
Yet darth doesn't complain about the lack of hygeine in star wars movies. Nobody on the Falcon ever went to the bathroom or washed up. wink

Demonic Phoenix
Coz what's the fun of seeing a person go to the loo or take a shower?

TheKingofKINGS!
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Coz what's the fun of seeing a person go to the loo or take a shower?
There's a LOT of fun watching someone take a shower.

Demonic Phoenix
If they r chicks of coursewink.

But when its a guy...no way...unless its a girl who's watching and she thinks the guy is hot

But we arent girls are we.

TheKingofKINGS!
Or if a girl is watching it, a guy.

Demonic Phoenix
Ya if the girl thinks the guy is hot.

U think a girl wud like to watch a geek taking bath?

TheKingofKINGS!
If it's a hot geek. Yes, there is such a thing.

Demonic Phoenix
a guy who wears nerdy glasses, is not at all athletic, and sometimes talks about things which some people will not understand, will in no way be fun to watch.

i dont know about hot geeks coz ive never heard about them, until now that is.

TheKingofKINGS!
a guy who wears nerdy glasses, is not at all athletic, and sometimes talks about things which some people will not understand, will in no way be fun to watch.

i dont know about hot geeks coz ive never heard about them, until now that is.
Trust me, they are real. And they're rapidly taking over.

Oh, usually the hot geek has some sports skills, just doesn't know about the skill, or uses it.

And the actual caring female cares about more things than popularity and jock-i-ness.(Yes, I know it's not a word)

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by TheKingofKINGS!
Trust me, they are real. And they're rapidly taking over.

Oh, usually the hot geek has some sports skills, just doesn't know about the skill, or uses it.

And the actual caring female cares about more things than popularity and jock-i-ness.(Yes, I know it's not a word)

Some girls don't, then again, its probably because they are snobby.

TheKingofKINGS!
Some girls don't, then again, its probably because they are snobby.
Actually, most girls don't, because they want an actual relationship with a male, and the average jock cannot fulfill their emotional needs.

P.S. Wow, you used decent grammar and spelling. Good job!

Demonic Phoenix
Thanks.

I know some do, but you have to agree, some of the popular girls in high school don't give a damn about actual relationships because they are snobs.

TheKingofKINGS!
Thanks.

I know some do, but you have to agree, some of the popular girls in high school don't give a damn about actual relationships because they are snobs.

Or rather, a different four letter word that starts with "s." Can't type it, or it'll get Starred.

Demonic Phoenix
huh

eek!

no expression

TheKingofKINGS!
Starred- When a word typed is automatically changed into "*"'s

Ex. A-hole, when type in full, becomes *******.

and the word I'm thinking of rhymes with Smut.

Demonic Phoenix
I knew what the word was, that is why i put the screaming smilie.
And i know that those words aren't allowed, so they have to be censored

TheKingofKINGS!
I knew what the word was, that is why i put the screaming smilie.
And i know that those words aren't allowed, so they have to be censored
Yeah, just making sure.

Demonic Phoenix
There was no need to stick out tongue

TheKingofKINGS!
There's always a need to make sure. Just to be on the safe side.

Demonic Phoenix
erm

TheKingofKINGS!
Anyways...

Yes, they bathe, even though it isn't mentioned. I'm pretty sure there are other threads on this.

Demonic Phoenix
Or maybe they just use their wands to clean themselves. That would be easier.

Raven Guardia
Originally posted by Darth Grathius
In all of the Harry Potter books I have found only one mention of a device used for personal hygeine, which is the prefects bath/pool as well as one spell, the one Ginny uses on the train in OoTP. I mean if the only time you can clean yourself up is f you are a prefect, than it would seem to me to be a coveted position. After Quidditch games the players are described as being overed in muck and positively filthy, so do they take showers or do they use some spell that is never mentioned?

gross thought here...but what do the girls do during 'that time'

Opaleye92
Originally posted by Raven Guardia
gross thought here...but what do the girls do during 'that time'

eeeeeww.... i never thought of that.... i don't know... confused

Demonic Phoenix
They must be using a spell. Or maybe J.K.R doesn't want to write about it.

Opaleye92
They must be using a spell. Or maybe J.K.R doesn't want to write about it.

Well... who really would want to write about that. Plus they are childrens books. sad

Demonic Phoenix
true(the 'who'd want to write about that' part)

Opaleye92
Yeah, and not only that, who would want to read about it?

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Opaleye92
Yeah, and not only that, who would want to read about it?

If its girls taking a shower....then perv's will probably want to read it.

ndfreak
they take showers or baths i just dont think its a relli important thing in the book i mean wen u guys takes showers is it the highlight of ur day? and dont kall ppl who wanna see a grl takin a showa pervs kuz if sum1 gave u the oppurtunity to watch a hot girl take a showa u'd say yes. 9i think u would atleast)

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by ndfreak
they take showers or baths i just dont think its a relli important thing in the book i mean wen u guys takes showers is it the highlight of ur day? and dont kall ppl who wanna see a grl takin a showa pervs kuz if sum1 gave u the oppurtunity to watch a hot girl take a showa u'd say yes. 9i think u would atleast)

Nope its not the highlight of my day(i dont know about other guys). And i never said it was imporatant to write about people taking showers. If i said yes readily then that means that i would be a perv.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.