Battle #2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DigiMark007
Battle #2

Reiteration of the rules:

1. Prep = 15 minutes, in a neutral environment apart from the battlefield.

2. The only thing combatants can have "operational" coming into the fight is generic shielding. Thus, an offensive or other maneuver must begin after the fight has started. No creating 10,000 illusions/constructs/etc. during prep or anything like that.

3. If you don't know the rules, read them! The first person to make 7 battle-related posts on Day 1, then complain to me will be flogged....or at least get a PM from me with a " no expression " smilie and a link to the rules. They've been established for weeks. And that thread has been pinned for the past week. There's no excuse for not knowing them.

4. Observers are asked to NOT post in this thread unless it is a question directly related to the battle.

5. Keep anything extraneous in the discussion thread. Please help me keep this battle as efficient as possible.

6. Judges: wait a while to vote. And post your vote, possibly with a (brief) explanation. Don't vote in the poll Observers: Feel free to vote in the poll, but I'd encourage you to wait as well.

7. Help me out with all of this. If something needs edited out, let me know...I can't catch everything.

...as no one has PM'd me with a pre-battle write-up, each participant will be limited to 9 posts.

AJ / Sam Z VS. Grey Fox / Psyquis

AJ/Sam Z
Majestic (??)
Black Adam (??)
Supreme (??)

GF/Psyquis
Cyborg Superman (GF)
Thor (Team)
Ray II (Psyquis)

As Aj and Sam have not specified which characters are "theirs", Majestic is their team character, Black Adam is AJ's, and Supreme is Sam's. If they change this prior to their first battle-related post, that's fine. But once they post toward this fight, these are set in stone. If they make a post that involves all 3 characters, I will delete the entire post.

AJ's banned at the moment, but will be back in a day or two.

Battle Location: A massive S.H.I.E.L.D. heli-carrier, floating a half mile above the Atlantic Ocean.

Judges: Scoobless, Validus, LethalFemme, King Mungi

Fight will last a week. Have fun.

batdude123
WOOT WOOT!!! Happy Dance

Takion
EDIT

grey fox
Well....I didn't expect this to be up but ok. I'm pulling most of this out of my ass since I've been too busy studying to really look up much about my characters but here we go.

Prep Time

Thor and Cyborg devise a plan , using Old School thinking with some DC flare he then places a shield around The Ray , himself and Cyborg.

Battle plan

As soon as they enter the battlefield Thor uses his hammer to render The whole team invisible to all but Thor (Avengers-#300)

Cyborg then enters the Helicarrier and re-wires the weapons system. Making sure that he and his team-mates are ignored by the weaponry

While the opposing team are wondering where their enemies are and getting distracted by lasers and various weapons being fired upon them Thor has manipulated the electromagnetic spectrum into producing a unlimited supply of solar radiation and solar energy. He can also increase this by adding in a low level solar flare. Yes people we have a Sun dipped Cyborg evil face

The ray also helps this along (More about that when Psyquis gets on)

Sun dipped Cyborg then set's off , attacking Mr Majestic .

What's Thor been doing while Cyborgs been giving Majestros a nice big 'ol helping of knuckle sandwich ?

Why , he's killed Black Adam thats what .

You see Thor drains the lightening out of Black adam before he can react , (Black adam has good reaction time , but it's nothing on Thor who has blocked machine gun fire by simply moving his left arm in Marvel Team Up-#26 or when in Thor-#354 he was moving so fast that Hela couldn't see him ) and then fires it back at him (Btw : He did this in Avengers-#171) rendering Black adam back to his human form. He then falls to his death if he's in mid-air or gets shot by the Shields defense system. If he tries to 'Shazam' again then Thor can simply repeat his earlier motion and kill him on the spot.

Cyborg is STILL laying an ass kicking on Majestros , in-fact scratch that . Majestic is ether unconscious or dead. Because I see no way in hell how he could deal with being pounded by lasers and a Sun dipped (invisible) Cyborg

Supreme has been getting dealt with by The Ray (Again more on that when Psyquis gets here) Now though he has to deal with the god of Thunder (and Sun-dipped Cyborg if he's done with Majestic)

Supreme is then held in place by a magical Vortex which tightens the more you struggle (Thor-#223)

Supreme gets battered by a menagerie of bad weather (Can someone say Lightening and Hail the size of Baseballs) , a stream of heat vision at it's highest intensity and a few godblast's .

....And then the mighty God of thunder store upon his handiwork , the corpses of the loathsome entities whom had dared to attack he and his companions their littered the deck of the floating machine .

I win thumb up

http://www.upperdeckentertainment.com/marvel/common_images/gallery/thor.jpg

Takion
GF Happy Dance

bigbran
isnt aj banned?

DarkCrawler
Do you read the opening posts?

King_Mungi
Originally posted by bigbran
isnt aj banned?

Yes, but he will be back in a few days. Also remember folks don't post in this thread unless you have to it clutters the battle.

Psyquis52
The Ray also contributes to the sun-dipping process by absorbing most the solar radiation and concentrating it directly on Cyborg Superman. While the Ray is concentrating all the solar radiation directly on Cyborg he makes himself immaterial by turning into a pure energy form, thus becoming immune to physical confrontations.

He then proceeds to blind Supreme through a combination of small bursts of bright lights and quickly reducing the amount of light around him.
The Ray turns immaterial and keeps Supreme blundering with a constant assault. Ray waits for Cyborg Superman to be finished with Majestros and then takes all the solar energy he can soak up and focuses it in concentrated blasts of pure light energy directly at Supreme's person. The Ray proceeds to blast Supreme into submission...

That's about it and...I win.

Blair Wind
^^I dont want to clutter, but didnt we decide that the tactic above (turning himself into pure energy with no way of him getting harmed) was illegal (IE. Iceman?)

DigiMark007
^^ Yeah, what exactly would be able to hurt him? We may have a killability issue there. Though a sufficient energy force might be enough...but I'd like a touch more input first, since I don't know anything about the Ray.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by DigiMark007
^^ Yeah, what exactly would be able to hurt him? We may have a killability issue there. Though a sufficient energy force might be enough...but I'd like a touch more input first, since I don't know anything about the Ray.

GF informs me that the Ray can be harmed by energy. He's simply talking about invulnerability to punches and such. With someone like, say, Juggernaut in the tourney, this should be fine...as long as he's not completely impossible to hurt, every team has at least a few ways of beating their opponents.

illadelph12
I know how to kill him.

batdude123
I understand AJ's situation, but is Sam EVER going to post on here?? confused

Accel
AJ's ban has been lifted and I'm pretty sure I saw Sam post in other threads after this tourney began. Maybe these guys just need PMs sent to them as reminders of the tourney.

batdude123
Originally posted by Accel
AJ's ban has been lifted and I'm pretty sure I saw Sam post in other threads after this tourney began. Maybe these guys just need PMs sent to them as reminders of the tourney.

Maybe. erm

DigiMark007
They should know...I PM'd them prior to a bunch of this and let them know when their match would be. If anyone wants to remind them (again) that's fine...but I'm done babysitting, so if they don't see it I won't be losing sleep.

Scoobless
Sam knows... i posted a response to him in the Respect Spider-Man thread... he even posted again saying he had to wait for AJ... or something

DigiMark007
Battle Closed.

GF/Psyquis win by default.

A.J
back.....i told sam to tell you im on holiday for a week guys smile

Blair Wind
sorry.....but its closed, and Sam didnt post once erm

batdude123
Well..................... SURPRISE!!!!!!!!! You lose.

A.J
lol i know, i had told sam many times to say i quit hehe

hi dude smile

oh and i would have had supreme i got lots of his comics evil face

batdude123
Hey. smile

Accel
Originally posted by A.J

hi dude smile

Well, that's nice to know.

A.J
Originally posted by Accel
Well, that's nice to know. your lucky i didnt face you evil face

Sam Z
Originally posted by A.J

hi dude smile

Funny, because you signed us both for this tournament and you chose characters I don't know much about, and then you went on holidays...

A.J
lol i asked you and you said yes, then you disappeared and made me pick duh

Sam Z
Originally posted by A.J
lol i asked you and you said yes, then you disappeared and made me pick duh

I long ago told you I'll be away for ten days.
Bah, doesn't matter now...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.