Superman Returns, the BIG PROBLEM

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

grytpype-thynne
Why is everyone ignoring the big problem with "Superman Returns"?

The premise of the movie is that Superman left the Earth for 6 years in order to fly back to Krypton to see if it was still there.

*Ahem!* Superman gets his powers from the Earth's yellow sun, so if he were to fly out of the solar system, he would loose his power.

Even if he were able to maintain his power for three years in deep space, away from the supercharging effects of yellow solar radiation, he would still loose them as he approached Krypton's red sun.

Either way, he would die, unpowered, in the cold vacuum of space.

NoFate007
Didn't he leave/come back on a ship? Hence the crash and the "Don't worry, I buried it." and so forth?

H. S. 6
Originally posted by NoFate007
Didn't he leave/come back on a ship? Hence the crash and the "Don't worry, I buried it." and so forth?

yes

Mindship
Actually, I would ask, Where did he get the starship from?

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Mindship

I figured it was the one he came in.

Validus
Even forgetting the starship, theres more than one yellow star in the universe.

SpyCspider
Originally posted by Mindship

hhahah guess I wasn't the only one who didn't make that connection at first. I totally forgot about the ship he came to Earth as a baby, I just assumed that thing blew up and they never kept the remains or it didn't work anymore.

That's why when he came back on a ship (which apparently he can't land since it crashed again near his home), I was like "where the hell did he get a ship from?? Kryptonian remains?"

redcaped
I think he used one of the crystals to build this ship with similar design to the one he came in...only bigger. A few deleted scenes...I saw the official movie guide.

roughrider
He got it from The Fortress Of Solitude. I'm sure it was able to build anything needing Krypton-tech for his purposes. His mother and father are part of the programming there, to answer all his questions and help him with special requests.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.