About adamantium

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

blade31092
Does adamantium have any affect on superman? Can superman bend adamantium easily as he bend steel easily? Is wolverine any threat to superman?

Tron
Whether Superman can bend adamantium is debateable. Some would say maybe, some would say no. Until the day that he bends something that's as durable, we won't have an answer.

And no, Wolverine is NOT a threat to Superman. He doesn't have the strength to cut through him, let alone scratch him.

roughrider
Originally posted by Tron
Whether Superman can bend adamantium is debateable. Some would say maybe, some would say no. Until the day that he bends something that's as durable, we won't have an answer.

And no, Wolverine is NOT a threat to Superman. He doesn't have the strength to cut through him, let alone scratch him.

Superman has been cut by the claws of Equus, who's a human cyborg. Prior to that, I wasn't sure it was possible, but I now think Logan could cut him. But, the enhanced super-strength of Equus may have made it possible.

blade31092
But wolverine does have enhance strength to back him up don't he?

NoFate007
I'd assume that Adamantium could cut Superman, but that he's also strong enough to break it if he had the focus.

That's fair. Now I don't want to hear any fan boys complaining on either side lol. No "but Wolverine could heal his adamantium back to full form, right?" and no "but Wolverine would need to bathe his claws in red sun rays and put no suntan lotion on them" lol.

AcousticDoc
Wolverine is not strong enough to seriously drive his claws through superman. It's like giving a knife to 3 year old.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by AcousticDoc
Wolverine is not strong enough to seriously drive his claws through superman. It's like giving a knife to 3 year old.

No, it's like dropping a knife onto a reinforced steel door....Not enough force to pierce it.

MattDay
yea a 3 year old could stab you if they just ran into your leg with it... bad example really lol

Tron
Originally posted by roughrider
Superman has been cut by the claws of Equus, who's a human cyborg. Prior to that, I wasn't sure it was possible, but I now think Logan could cut him. But, the enhanced super-strength of Equus may have made it possible.

I personally thought that was a serious load of bull, because Superman's taken far worse. But, since it happened, I guess you can say his strength helped him there.

Darth Jello
Superman can probably bend and break both primary and secondary adamantium, along with carbonadium. He most likely cannot even make a dent in captain america's shield though.

MattDay
well if he can bend and/or break both types of adamantium he'd punch a huge dent in america's shield... why contradict your first arguement?

roughrider
Originally posted by MattDay
well if he can bend and/or break both types of adamantium he'd punch a huge dent in america's shield... why contradict your first arguement?

Because Cap's shield also contains vibranium, which absorbs vibration. That's why he can take so many hits on it, and not be knocked off his feet. It's a process that has never been successfully duplicated, what they did with his shield.

MattDay
vibrations... okay fair enough, but with a force like supermans punch its not really vibrations the sheild would take it would be the full force, the vibrations will happen after the punch... so it should still get f*cked up, excuse my french

roughrider
The force of his punch causes vibrations that breaks up molecules, and objects crumbles - ie. when he punches through a regular wall, for example.
He punches Cap's shield, it's not just the incredible hardness of the adamantium molecules. The vibranium molecules absorb the force of impacts, and dispearse it. Only an enraged King Thor, wielding the Odinforce, put a dent into the shield with mjolnir ( and that was a shock.) Magic played a part there, though.

Jargon343
Originally posted by blade31092
Does adamantium have any affect on superman? Can superman bend adamantium easily as he bend steel easily? Is wolverine any threat to superman?

Well you just have to take it at face value that adamantium is 'unbreakable', so no he can't break it. Wolverine realistically wouldn't be strong enough to drive his claws through Supes, even if he has super sharp claws made of adamantium...it would be like trying to drive a steak knife through a tree. Even though the steel is stronger than the wood, you need a certain amount of force to cut through a given amount of mass.

That being said, Wolverine regularly cuts through steel doors, fences, etc, which shouldn't be possible, but in the comics he does it.

sapphiremouse
This is out of the book entitled : The Science of The X-Men
The only thing that cut apart adamantium is a certain type of particle beam. Given the hardness of adamantium, it is conceivable that it would retain its stability and cohesion even when shaved to molecular thickness. Were one to make steel claws this sharp, they wouldnt remain so for long: the edges would ebrade and become dull. This is obviously not the case for wolverine's adamantium claws. they might be thin enough to slice grooves of molecular thinness. No wonder he can hack up just about anything. If you start with a little molecule-thin cut on a hunk of rock or metal then you should be able to quickly saw right through it, for at the molecular level, even the toughest substances are susceptible to gettin trimmed.

I say superman has bled from many diferrent ways in a fight. For example: the bony exo-skeleton protrusions of Doomsday. Well that may be just brute force. Which is harder and sharper? Adamantium claws or bone? Claws for sure....... Wolverine doesnt need to swing or exert maximium strength to slice something or someone with his claws. They are razor sharp, he just keeps hacking....Hulks skin wasnt completely impervious to them. Hulk just has a rapid healing rate. Which Superman has also.

Just some food for thought. enjoy big grin

xkalybr
In X2, Stryker said that by melting adamantium, he was able to use it. That means extreme heat it's weakness. Only extreme.

Superman's heat vision would definitely melt it down. Can't get more extreme than that.

MattDay
well yea he apparantly can control the temp of his vision, sometimes he causes serious amounts of damage with it and apparantly scientists couldnt put a number to how hot his heat was, but they can gesture an estimate of the sun... he can take the heat of the sun and shine it through his eyes at a higher temp than the source of which he takes the heat from... well he's superman lol can't think of too much else as to why he does what he does.

Deicide
what is that metal that Deathstroke the terminators sword is made of? its DC's answer to Adamantium.

The Pict
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Superman can probably bend and break both primary and secondary adamantium, along with carbonadium. He most likely cannot even make a dent in captain america's shield though.

primary adamantium and vibranium (?) are near equal in durability. if he could break adamantium then he could break cap's shield. i doubt he could though.

The Pict
Originally posted by xkalybr
In X2, Stryker said that by melting adamantium, he was able to use it. That means extreme heat it's weakness. Only extreme.

Superman's heat vision would definitely melt it down. Can't get more extreme than that.

he didn't melt it, watch the movie again stick out tongue

roughrider

No, he didn't melt it. He only said that while it's sits in a liquid state - when it's first processed - you must keep it hot at a certain temperature to use. Because once it cools, it becomes indestructable.

xkalybr
No, he didn't melt it. He only said that while it's sits in a liquid state - when it's first processed - you must keep it hot at a certain temperature to use. Because once it cools, it becomes indestructable.

So with that said, is adamantium only found in liquid states, say near a volcano. I thought is was a metal or rock that needed melting to then be formed to whatever form the scientists wanted.

Look at iron or steel. Shouldn't adamantium be treated the same as that except it's a stronger metal when it is cooled off?

Darth Macabre
So with that said, is adamantium only found in liquid states, say near a volcano. I thought is was a metal or rock that needed melting to then be formed to whatever form the scientists wanted.

Adamantiums man made....You wouldn't be finding near a volcano.

sapphiremouse
Adamantium is created in mixing of certain chemical resins whose composition is a United States Government secret. For eight minutes after the resins are mixed, the adamantium can be molded into a particule shape as long it is kept at a temperature of 1,500 degrees fahrenheit. After this brief period the process of creating adamantium is complete. The extremely stable molecular structure of the adamantium prevents it from being molded further, even if the temperature remains high enought to keep it in liquified form. Only a device called a molecule rearranger can alter the form of hardened adamantium.

So, even superman intense heat vision cant do anything to adamantium once its in a hardened state. Magneto affected the adamantium in wolverines skeleton on a molecular level.

Tron

I think what he ment was that when the alloy was made, it had to be kept superheated, cause once it cooled, it was inpossible to change it again. That's what I got from it, anyway.

Edit: Nevermind, everyone answered that one already, lol.

xkalybr
It's man made? Did not know that.

If the savage Hulk can break Onslaughts armor, which is made of adamantium, could not Superman break it as well?

I think he could.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by The Pict
primary adamantium and vibranium (?) are near equal in durability. if he could break adamantium then he could break cap's shield. i doubt he could though.
It's not the same. The shield disperses kinetic from blows. But he can still bounce the shield off of walls because... Cap's a big jerk.

It's man made? Did not know that.

If the savage Hulk can break Onslaughts armor, which is made of adamantium, could not Superman break it as well?

I think he could.
Onslaught's armor was made of psionic energy. And that version of Hulk was something different. I don't think it was any specific class of Hulk but Jean messed with his mind, completely surpressing banner or something, making Hulk's strength and general level of berserk go through the roof.

ZephroCarnelian
Superman could bend and dent adamantium.

But I doubt he could tear it.

Pre-Crisis Superman'd shatter it with super-vibrations, or look at it and turn it into butter or something. smile

Alienman24

roughrider
Magneto's power works on a molecular level with metal - Superman's power doesn't.

Swanky-Tuna
Yeah, Magneto destablized the metal and made it ooze out of Wolverine's pores and Phoenix is Phoenix. She's the avatar of creation. Or something stupid like that.

spetznaz
Originally posted by sapphiremouse

This is out of the book entitled : The Science of The X-Men
The only thing that cut apart adamantium is a certain type of particle beam. Given the hardness of adamantium, it is conceivable that it would retain its stability and cohesion even when shaved to molecular thickness. Were one to make steel claws this sharp, they wouldnt remain so for long: the edges would ebrade and become dull. This is obviously not the case for wolverine's adamantium claws. they might be thin enough to slice grooves of molecular thinness. No wonder he can hack up just about anything. If you start with a little molecule-thin cut on a hunk of rock or metal then you should be able to quickly saw right through it, for at the molecular level, even the toughest substances are susceptible to gettin trimmed.

I say superman has bled from many diferrent ways in a fight. For example: the bony exo-skeleton protrusions of Doomsday. Well that may be just brute force. Which is harder and sharper? Adamantium claws or bone? Claws for sure....... Wolverine doesnt need to swing or exert maximium strength to slice something or someone with his claws. They are razor sharp, he just keeps hacking....Hulks skin wasnt completely impervious to them. Hulk just has a rapid healing rate. Which Superman has also.

Just some food for thought. enjoy big grin

Sounds good (and I love the fact that you based the first part of your argument from 'The Science of the X-men' ....which is a great book that most KMCers would benefit from (as they would from 'The Science of Superman,' another great book), but your argument suffers from two major issues.

The first has to do with your excerpt from 'The Science of the X-men.'
While I agree that a molecule thin sliver of an unbreakable substance should be able to cut through near anything, the thing about Superman that makes that argument moot is this .....he has a bio-field.
In essence he has an extremely potent forcefield that extends all over his body, and thus Wolverine's ginsu knives would never EVEN touch his skin!
To quote Stryfe, when Wolverine tried to cut him, he said that even though Adamantium could cut through ALMOST anything, one of the things it couldn't cut through was a forcefield.

Three guesses what Superman's biofield is?

Yep, bingo!
One mighty heck throw of a forcefield.
Wolvie slashes and hacks and rants and raves .....and doesn't do a darn thing.

The second problem with your argument is that you brought Doomsday, and in essence stated that if DD's bony claws could cut Superman then Wolvie's Freddy Kruger lookalikes could do the same.
No the case.
Why?
Well, DD is on a different pay level than Wolvie.
More importantly DD matches the strength of Superman (as well as his speed, which is something the Hulk=DD people always forget since the Hulk maxes out at 300-400mph).
But, the major thing in this discussion is this .....DD fought Supes so well that his solar reserves were weakened, leading to not only his weakening but his biofield going kaput, meaning that DD could cut him.

Tough luck for Wolverine to even degrade Superman's solar reserves by 1% of 1% of 1% of 1% in a trillion MILLENIA.

Conclusion: If Wolverine comes across Superman, then Logan better be after an autograph because if it is a fight he is after he will find himself quickly devoid of an adamantium skeleton.
Logan has zero chance of doing anything to Superman .....even punching him in the eyes wouldn't do squat (again ...he'd never even get past the bio-field).
Wolverine better stick to chasing young Japanese women, smoking cheap stogies, and trying to outdo Beast for the darnest looking haircut in Comicdom.
That he excels in.

sapphiremouse
Im not much of a Superman wizz, since ive stopped collecting a few years ago. Im not too up on the dif. power lvls that superman has gone through. Like pre-crisis or million whatever...lol I didnt know that superman has a bio-field, interesting. big grin

I understand what you saying about Doomsday being a totally diferrent power level than wolverine. Its just that my point was and before i knew about the bio-field is that .....wolverines claws are razor sharp and given the chance to cut anything just even a little nick. On the smallest level he's able to cut through about anything. were not talkin about punching through a 2 foot thick vibranium reinforced door. we know he doesnt have the strength to pull that off. just thinking since vibranium is supposed to on a par with adamantium in a sence or more so.

well its an iffy thing when you meantion the hulk part...just like superman they both are way faster and stronger than wolverine. But over the course of years they have gone toe to toe a few times. so the writers dont play out the super speed card on there fights.

This post is basically asking if Superman would kindly lend his body and stand still would wolverine be able to scratch his back. After you fillin me in on the bio-field, than its a define no way not in a million years can wolverines claws cut him.

chase el
in the Ultimate Avengers Movie the hulk smashed a whole ship made of vibranium. being that vibranium and adamantium both are equal in durabilty and the fact that hulk smashed a ship to BITS means superman woud f*** up Captain Americas shield and Mr. Logans adamantium (which is gone isnt it?).

redcaped
I like his attitude laughing out loud

Galvaclaw
I believe Equus' claws were magical in nature. Being angel bones or some such nonsense.

roughrider
Originally posted by chase el
in the Ultimate Avengers Movie the hulk smashed a whole ship made of vibranium. being that vibranium and adamantium both are equal in durabilty and the fact that hulk smashed a ship to BITS means superman woud f*** up Captain Americas shield and Mr. Logans adamantium (which is gone isnt it?).

You're going to use a direct-to-DVD animated one shot as canon?
Hope you're not a lawyer. laughing out loud

It's the Ultimateverse, too. Also not standard canon.

And adamantium and vibranium are not the same; they have different properties. They can compliment each other very well, as evidenced by Cap's shield.

chase el
You're going to use a direct-to-DVD animated one shot as canon?
Hope you're not a lawyer. laughing out loud

It's the Ultimateverse, too. Also not standard canon.

And adamantium and vibranium are not the same; they have different properties. They can compliment each other very well, as evidenced by Cap's shield.

What do you think Ultimate Avengers is based on? The Ultimates. A comic series. Not straight to DVD. bottom line is this. Captain America and Wolverine are on a much lower power level then superman. I like hulk vs. Superman or even Spiderman vs. Superman

sapphiremouse
What do you think Ultimate Avengers is based on? The Ultimates. A comic series. Not straight to DVD. bottom line is this. Captain America and Wolverine are on a much lower power level then superman. I like hulk vs. Superman or even Spiderman vs. Superman I wouldnt even compare spider-man to superman like they in the same power level?? ...not even close...considering there is a 1shot comic of Spider-man and Wolverine. In which spider-man freaked out couldnt deal with wolverine. Spider-man said"He's fast....faster than me??? No body faster than me..NOBODY... This guy is nothing like i ever met before. He'll kill me if he gets the chance." Spider-man has enhanced strength and speed...but even against the runt Wolverine , Spider-mans options were limited to 1 grabbing his neck to break it with ALL his strength. But like the over-grown boy scout..spidey dont or know how to take a human life. chicken punk...no nerve so he fumbled the ball and wouldve been toast.

roughrider
What do you think Ultimate Avengers is based on? The Ultimates. A comic series. Not straight to DVD. bottom line is this. Captain America and Wolverine are on a much lower power level then superman. I like hulk vs. Superman or even Spiderman vs. Superman

I'll say it again - it's the Ultimateverse.

Where the Thing is possibly stronger than the Hulk. Where Captain America has super-strength and can punch the Hulk out. Where Galactus is a robot. Where Charles Xavier has TK as well as TP. And on and on...

Didn't they make it a big deal in the DVD, about Hulk picking up Thor's hammer, even though it hasn't been established yet that it's mystical in nature and no one else can wield it but Thor? roll eyes (sarcastic)

I could care less about Hulk smashing some vibranium ships in the Ultimateverse. Show me the same thing in the 616.

Deicide
Captain Americas shield is Vibranium. Adamantium is stronger than Vibranium. so how could Supes bend Adamantium and not vibranium??

Supra
Which is the strongest?

Shadowforge
Adamantium
Enchanted Uru Metal

Silent Master
Originally posted by Deicide
Captain Americas shield is Vibranium. Adamantium is stronger than Vibranium. so how could Supes bend Adamantium and not vibranium??

Cap's shield is a mix of Vibranium and a unknown steel alloy.

Adamantium was discovered while trying to replicate the steel alloy.

Supra
Originally posted by Supra
Which is the strongest?

Shadowforge
Adamantium
Enchanted Uru Metal

Any thoughtss?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.