ghost rider vs Green Lartern

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

grimside
Green Lartnen (hal) vs ghost rider

bigbran
whos green lartnen.
is that marvels version of a green lantern.

Loot
ghost rider can do nothing to GL

batdude123
Hal for the win 10/10.

rotiart
Screw that. GR wins easy.

batdude123
Originally posted by rotiart
Screw that. GR wins easy.

You ARE joking, right??? What the f**k?

backspace
Noble Kale or Zarathos ghost rider? Even though Hal was being controlled by an alien, all the deaths he caused still makes him feel guilty. So if its Kale he can penance stare him. I'm not sure about Zarathos.

rotiart
Originally posted by batdude123
You ARE joking, right??? What the f**k?

Nope. If the two fought, it would take GL a bit to notice GR isn't taking much pain. But if he were to catch GR's eyes for just a second. Imagine the penance stare, that causes you to feel the paints you inflicted on everyone else multiplied. Imagine the whole coast city, OA destruction thing. Hal passes out from the mental pain of it all.

GR for the win. I'm serious.

This isn't one of those fights where power level wins, Its the kinda fight were proper use of your power wins it for you.

Juntai
Originally posted by backspace
Noble Kale or Zarathos ghost rider? Even though Hal was being controlled by an alien, all the deaths he caused still makes him feel guilty. So if its Kale he can penance stare him. I'm not sure about Zarathos. He's overcome that already. The Parallax incident isn't an issue for him really.

batdude123
Nope. If the two fought, it would take GL a bit to notice GR isn't taking much pain. But if he were to catch GR's eyes for just a second. Imagine the penance stare, that causes you to feel the paints you inflicted on everyone else multiplied. Imagine the whole coast city, OA destruction thing. Hal passes out from the mental pain of it all.

GR for the win. I'm serious.

This isn't one of those fights where power level wins, Its the kinda fight were proper use of your power wins it for you.

Yeah, and that wouldn't be an issue for Hal. He's gotten over the Parallax issue. Seriously, imagine him making a black hole for the instant BFR.

rotiart
No. I really don't think he's gotten over the Parallax issue. Have you ever had a girlfriend you loved so much? And then she left you. But you find yourself occasionally wracked by dreams about her years later? The kinda dreams that make you wake up drenched with sweat? Now imagine the penance stare as that dream, and multiply it by 10.

batdude123
No. I really don't think he's gotten over the Parallax issue. Have you ever had a girlfriend you loved so much? And then she left you. But you find yourself occasionally wracked by dreams about her years later? The kinda dreams that make you wake up drenched with sweat? Now imagine the penance stare as that dream, and multiply it by 10.

Hal Jordan IS over it, and not to mention that he has one of the absolute strongest wills in the entire universe. Yeah, GR goes down.

rotiart
Nice. So you're saying if you suddenly had to feel the pains of millions of people dying, you'd be okay with it.

What you don't understand is that the penance stare makes YOU feel all the pain you've ever inflicted upon others. He may have gotten over it, but thats an emotional overload if I've ever heard of one. You never know the pain of another person until you've walked a mile in their shoes. Like when he was okay with the whole pain thing when he was the spirit of vengence? Hal can have great willpower, but you don't just sit there and see another person suffering and not feel pain for them, unless your emotionally dead. And Hal is not that.

batdude123
Nice. So you're saying if you suddenly had to feel the pains of millions of people dying, you'd be okay with it.

What you don't understand is that the penance stare makes YOU feel all the pain you've ever inflicted upon others. He may have gotten over it, but thats an emotional overload if I've ever heard of one. You never know the pain of another person until you've walked a mile in their shoes. Like when he was okay with the whole pain thing when he was the spirit of vengence? Hal can have great willpower, but you don't just sit there and see another person suffering and not feel pain for them, unless your emotionally dead. And Hal is not that.

The guy WAS an assh*le when he was the Spectre. stick out tongue Besides, GLs can will themselves to Flash level speeds. He could create a black hole without even looking at him. They do have basic knowledge of the other person.

Juntai

What you don't understand is that the penance stare makes YOU feel all the pain you've ever inflicted upon others. He may have gotten over it, but thats an emotional overload if I've ever heard of one. You never know the pain of another person until you've walked a mile in their shoes. Like when he was okay with the whole pain thing when he was the spirit of vengence? Hal can have great willpower, but you don't just sit there and see another person suffering and not feel pain for them, unless your emotionally dead. And Hal is not that. Except that it never happened. Defeat Hal was replaced with Hal that was ABOUT to wipe the universe, so that it never took place, in a sense.

Either way, Hal's conscience is clear, if that pain was still manifesting, he wouldn't couldn't be green lantern. Parallax did those things, not Hal.

rotiart
Alternate timelines... same GL. It happened.. .to him at least.
Its still the same Hal... isn't it...

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by Juntai
He's overcome that already. The Parallax incident isn't an issue for him really.

But that doesn't mean anything to the PS. It's not related to what their victim feels as remorse or guilt. It merely reflects the total amount of pain he has done so to others(innocents) and amplifies it.

On the fight though, i'm seeing it as GR's only chance. I doubt GL could put him down for good by brute force alone but he can still do something like throw him to outerspace and such.

rotiart
No BFR in fights I thought?

In any case, GL's tend to take their fights up close and personal. When haven't they? And in this case all GR has to do is make Hal look deep into himself to see the pain he's caused others. You are feeling just their pain, at the moment they felt it, as your own. Now multiply that by dozens... hundreds... thousands?

batdude123
No BFR in fights I thought?

In any case, GL's tend to take their fights up close and personal. When haven't they? And in this case all GR has to do is make Hal look deep into himself to see the pain he's caused others. You are feeling just their pain, at the moment they felt it, as your own. Now multiply that by dozens... hundreds... thousands?

What the f**k? There is to BFRs. That's a viable way to defeat the other opponent.

WhiteWitchKing
What Sixth_Winged said. GL should take the majority (8-9 out of ten) but GS could pull some wins via the penance stare.

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by Juntai
Except that it never happened. Defeat Hal was replaced with Hal that was ABOUT to wipe the universe, so that it never took place, in a sense.

Either way, Hal's conscience is clear, if that pain was still manifesting, he wouldn't couldn't be green lantern. Parallax did those things, not Hal.

Lots of his enemy's don't even care. A lot are demons I don't think even knows such guilt. It's not about guilt.

rotiart
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
What Sixth_Winged said. GL should take the majority (8-9 out of ten) but GS could pull some wins via the penance stare.

Well hot damn. I didn't know BFR's were in. Okay well then Poor GR is going down. sad

I'll agree then.. he has a oneshot to use that stare.. but if he can't pull it off.. its the new comic book series. ."Ghost Rider... in Space"!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.