-=- Ion -=-

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
This is now the official thread to discuss "Ion."

The first 3 issues are out, and though the art is kind of funky, I think it's pretty decent.

Issue 4 is Kyle versus Hal! I hope they do it correctly and make it fairly epic.

Anyway, what does everyone think of this so far?

Discuss.

smokin'

Takion
I am very disappointed in the art.

Validus
The art is fine and the writing is great. This is the first time in a long time Kyle hasn't been written as Hal Jordan-lite.

#3 was really great I think.

Takion
Originally posted by Validus
The art is fine and the writing is great. This is the first time in a long time Kyle hasn't been written as Hal Jordan-lite.

#3 was really great I think.
How strong do you think ION might be?

Validus
No idea. He hasn't even begun to use the Starheart energy Jade gave him. He'll probably be Sentinel/Post Zero Hour Parallax level though.

Mider
some one on here said he'd be even stronger then his original self the one that reignited the green lantern battery.

Rewmac
I say it's a very good story. I can't wait until issue 4. I hope they don't mess up Kyle or Hal.

Black Adam
I dropped it after the first issue..

The GLC book is the only Green lantern book I'm interested in these days.

Takion
No idea. He hasn't even begun to use the Starheart energy Jade gave him. He'll probably be Sentinel/Post Zero Hour Parallax level though.
Agreed, has it been told he got all of his powers from the fraction Jade had?

Validus
Originally posted by Takion
Agreed, has it been told he got all of his powers from the fraction Jade had?
Fraction of what? Jade's power was near equal to Sentinel even though she was fairly unimpressive with it.

Takion
Fraction of what? Jade's power was near equal to Sentinel even though she was fairly unimpressive with it.
When Kyle Rayner was previously ION, did he not give a fraction of his powers too Jade?

Validus
Originally posted by Takion
When Kyle Rayner was previously ION, did he not give a fraction of his powers too Jade?
He just reactivated her own powers.

manjaro
no he gave her a portion of his power, along with reactivating hers, but since he was nigh-omnipotent with nigh-unlimted power at the time a small fraction would be hard to measure.. dont you remember how the guardians were jumping on his dick like oh he's the torch bearer, and he's weilded that sort of power before ohhh... freaking dick ridersbig grin but yeah with the addition of the starheart his power levels have either been restored to the former, or a little bit more since its concentrated magic

Validus
No, he just reactivated her powers. I know the story seemed to differ by the writer but Ion #3 makes it clear thats all he did.

His power is nowhere near the old level. That's pretty clear.

King_Mungi
Surprized Mogo didn't say anything to him while he was on the planet. Oh for the record Major Force sucks smile

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by manjaro
no he gave her a portion of his power, along with reactivating hers, but since he was nigh-omnipotent with nigh-unlimted power at the time a small fraction would be hard to measure.. dont you remember how the guardians were jumping on his dick like oh he's the torch bearer, and he's weilded that sort of power before ohhh... freaking dick ridersbig grin but yeah with the addition of the starheart his power levels have either been restored to the former, or a little bit more since its concentrated magic

Manjaro mate, it seems like you desperately need to get laid. smile

Apparently Kyle is going to fight Hal ? smile

manjaro
oops..it seems i was projecting

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by manjaro
oops..it seems i was projecting

A little 'dick riding', is fine .... but too much, and people get suspicious detective

SnakeEyes
After 6 issues or so, I dropped this series.

Story wasn't interesting enough.

Art wasn't that great.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.