Omegas Vrs. Omaybees (Marvels Strongest Mutants go toe 2 toe)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mass_Murda
Okay who would win these five omega level marvel characters

1. Jean Gray w/ phoenix (dark)
2. Franklin Richards
3. Mister M
4. Rachel Summers
5. Vulcan w/ Darwin Boy

VRS.

these possible/should be omegas

1. Proteus
2. X-man (Nate Gray)
3. Hyperstorm
4. Onslaught (Pre Frank Rich/Nate Gray asbortion)
5. Mr. Immortal

Choose a side the Omegas or the omaybees?????

Personnally I like the omaybees....... lets see what happens, hopefully there will be still be existance for the winners to live in by the end of this battle

Skeets
Originally posted by Mass_Murda
Okay who would win these five omega level marvel characters

1. Jean Gray w/ phoenix (dark)
2. Franklin Richards
3. Mister M
4. Rachel Summers
5. Vulcan w/ Darwin Boy

VRS.

these possible/should be omegas

1. Proteus
2. X-man (Nate Gray)
3. Hyperstorm
4. Onslaught (Pre Frank Rich/Nate Gray asbortion)
5. Mr. Immortal

Choose a side the Omegas or the omaybees?????

Personnally I like the omaybees....... lets see what happens, hopefully there will be still be existance for the winners to live in by the end of this battle
some on the second list are omegas.

xmarksthespot
Rachel Summers has never been stated as an Omega mutant, when the term "Omega mutant" meant what it means now.

Mass_Murda
Originally posted by Skeets
some on the second list are omegas.

None on the second list are classified as omegas, some are widely believed to be but they aren't never is it stated that any on the second list are omegas, all on the first list are however confirmed omegas along with three or four others that I left off because I believe they are weaker then the five I listed, but if you want the other ones here they are

Iceman, Elixir, Quintin Quire all of which have been classed as omegas none of which I named in the second list, can you provide proof of the statement that you made?

futhermore you didn't even say which side u believe would win.........

King KAM
Mr.Immortal.

Skeets
None on the second list are classified as omegas, some are widely believed to be but they aren't never is it stated that any on the second list are omegas, all on the first list are however confirmed omegas along with three or four others that I left off because I believe they are weaker then the five I listed, but if you want the other ones here they are

Iceman, Elixir, Quintin Quire all of which have been classed as omegas none of which I named in the second list, can you provide proof of the statement that you made?

futhermore you didn't even say which side u believe would win.........
Just because someone didn't give them the title "Omega" doesn't mean their not.Hyperstorm is Omega no arguing that and X-man might be aswell before he burns himself out.

Mass_Murda
Originally posted by King KAM
Mr.Immortal.

Where does it say he is an omega????

" Don't tell me the sky is falling if I'm standing outside and nothings hitting me in the head"

King KAM
Just because someone didn't give them the title "Omega" doesn't mean their not.Hyperstorm is Omega no arguing that and X-man might be aswell before he burns himself out. why not give em godlike cable, because Franklin is unfair along with Mr.M.

xmarksthespot
Just because someone didn't give them the title "Omega" doesn't mean their not.Hyperstorm is Omega no arguing that and X-man might be aswell before he burns himself out. Not really. Only those stated to be Omega are Omega. That's the only real qualification. It's not about power it's about potential. Rachel Summers is not an Omega.

King KAM
Where does it say he is an omega????

" Don't tell me the sky is falling if I'm standing outside and nothings hitting me in the head" It said that he has evolved past death, that seems pretty cool to me. Considering if you though him in the sun he wouldnt die.

Skeets
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Not really. Only those stated to be Omega are Omega. That's the only real qualification. It's not about power it's about potential. Rachel Summers is not an Omega.
Hyperstorm don't have potential just follow his family tree....Originally posted by King KAM
It said that he has evolved past death, that seems pretty cool to me. Considering if you though him in the sun he wouldnt die.
He does die just gets reborned.

King KAM
Hyperstorm don't have potential just follow his family tree....
He does die just gets reborned. whatever.

Mass_Murda
Just because someone didn't give them the title "Omega" doesn't mean their not.Hyperstorm is Omega no arguing that and X-man might be aswell before he burns himself out.

Sure it does, are you serious if I have all the knowledge of a doctor or of a judge, does that make me a judge or a doct, no it doesn't I have to granted the title by the power that be, in this case it would the writers, you can't just "ASSUME" because YOU believe that someone is something that they are that. Without a definitive pre-set criteria for an omega there is no way anyone outside of the writers can grant that status to any marvel character

Skeets
whatever.
Chump..

xmarksthespot
Sure it does, are you serious if I have all the knowledge of a doctor or of a judge, does that make me a judge or a doct, no it doesn't I have to granted the title by the power that be, in this case it would the writers, you can't just "ASSUME" because YOU believe that someone is something that they are that. Without a definitive pre-set criteria for an omega there is no way anyone outside of the writers can grant that status to any marvel character Then why have you put Rachel Summers down as an Omega. no expression

Mass_Murda
Not really. Only those stated to be Omega are Omega. That's the only real qualification. It's not about power it's about potential. RACHEL SUMMERS IS NOT AN OMEGA.

Wrong, check oout the marvel database

Mass_Murda
Mr.Immortal.

Where

Skeets
Sure it does, are you serious if I have all the knowledge of a doctor or of a judge, does that make me a judge or a doct, no it doesn't I have to granted the title by the power that be, in this case it would the writers, you can't just "ASSUME" because YOU believe that someone is something that they are that. Without a definitive pre-set criteria for an omega there is no way anyone outside of the writers can grant that status to any marvel character
Ok so only because no one got around to giving Hyperstorm the title "Omega" he isn't ? well I'm calling him Omega as he fits all thats required to be called one.

xmarksthespot
Wrong, check oout the marvel database Uh.. no. You're wrong. Nimrod stated he had encountered an omega, two decades before this definition of omega was used. She's not an omega unless some writer nowadays decides to make her one.

Mass_Murda
It said that he has evolved past death, that seems pretty cool to me. Considering if you though him in the sun he wouldnt die.

Ur correct but that still doesn't make him omega..... not to say he's not but he has yet to be classed as one.........

King KAM
I hate Marvel, bcause ever since that damn Vulcan everyone gives a damn about those mutants, mutants suck!!!!!!

Mass_Murda
Ok so only because no one got around to giving Hyperstorm the title "Omega" he isn't ? well I'm calling him Omega as he fits all thats required to be called one.

And I'm calling myself a DOCTOR.... need an appoiontment?????

Dr. Mass Murda y, because I said so

Skeets
I hate Marvel, bcause ever since that damn Vulcan everyone gives a damn about those mutants, mutants suck!!!!!!
Exactly feck mutants.....Originally posted by Mass_Murda
And I'm calling myself a DOCTOR.... need an appoiontment?????

Dr. Mass Murda y, because I said so
loser

Cosmic Flame
When Xavier used the term in X-Men Forever (well, when Jean read what he wrote about her and Bobby), he said that omegas have unlimited potential. Marvel's said that Rachel has unlimited TP and TK. While they may not have used the word to describe her, they certainly used its definition.

Skeets
Originally posted by Cosmic Flame
When Xavier used the term in X-Men Forever (well, when Jean read what he wrote about her and Bobby), he said that omegas have unlimited potential. Marvel's said that Rachel has unlimited TP and TK. While they may not have used the word to describe her, they certainly used its definition.
Thanks you it's just a Title.

Mass_Murda
Uh.. no. You're wrong. Nimrod stated he had encountered an omega, two decades before this definition of omega was used. She's not an omega unless some writer nowadays decides to make her one.

Check ign

xmarksthespot
When Xavier used the term in X-Men Forever (well, when Jean read what he wrote about her and Bobby), he said that omegas have unlimited potential. Marvel's said that Rachel has unlimited TP and TK. While they may not have used the word to describe her, they certainly used its definition. Psylocke's TK is limited only by her imagination.. which she says has no limits. Doesn't make her an omega.

xmarksthespot
Check ign No.

Mass_Murda
I knew this would get away from my orginal obejctive WHO WOULD WIN

Cosmic Flame
Psylocke's TK is limited only by her imagination.. which she says has no limits. Doesn't make her an omega.
That's something that's yet to be proven. Psylocke can't pick up a dime with her TK (so much for imagination) while Rachel's run the gamut from manipulating her own DNA to creating black holes. There's a big difference.

xmarksthespot
That's something that's yet to be proven. Psylocke can't pick up a dime with her TK (so much for imagination) while Rachel's run the gamut from manipulating her own DNA to creating black holes. There's a big difference. Neither of them are unlimited... if the Shi'ar weapon that they recently blocked had been more powerful... or if Psylocke hadn't been there... then Rachel would have died... because her TK isn't unlimited. Neither is her TP... she was schooled by Emma who is less powerful but endlessly more refined.

And it's by Rachel's own admission that Psylocke's TK is more powerful.

Cosmic Flame
Neither of them are unlimited... if the Shi'ar weapon that they recently blocked had been more powerful... or if Psylocke hadn't been there... then Rachel would have died... because her TK isn't unlimited. Neither is her TP... she was schooled by Emma who is less powerful but endlessly more refined.

And it's by Rachel's own admission that Psylocke's TK is more powerful.
As far as the TK is concerned, you're confusing stamina with ability. Rachel's ability is unlimited, but her stamina is not. Of course, since she can alter her DNA, she could fix that problem (like any of the other Grey uber TKs), but it would make a team pointless. Re Emma, just because Rachel didn't know how to do something or didn't think of it doesn't mean that she couldn't do it. She obviously COULD do it. Emma just showed her the trick.

Rachel has also held back tons, even when she was Phoenix, because of what happened to Jean in the past. She has self imposed limits on what she will allow herself to do. Rachel is growing into her powers much more naturally than Jean did. Still doesn't mean that she's not an omega. Both TOHOTMU and the 198 Files state that she has virtually unlimited TP and TK.

xmarksthespot
As far as the TK is concerned, you're confusing stamina with ability. Rachel's ability is unlimited, but her stamina is not. Of course, since she can alter her DNA, she could fix that problem (like any of the other Grey uber TKs), but it would make a team pointless. Re Emma, just because Rachel didn't know how to do something or didn't think of it doesn't mean that she couldn't do it. She obviously COULD do it. Emma just showed her the trick.

Rachel has also held back tons, even when she was Phoenix, because of what happened to Jean in the past. She has self imposed limits on what she will allow herself to do. Rachel is growing into her powers much more naturally than Jean did. Still doesn't mean that she's not an omega. Both TOHOTMU and the 198 Files state that she has virtually unlimited TP and TK. A lot of people have "virtually unlimited" powers doesn't make them omega.

Cosmic Flame
A lot of people have "virtually unlimited" powers doesn't make them omega.
Like whom?

And even if that were the case, how many are described explicitly in those terms, both on panel and in handbooks?

xmarksthespot
People like Exodus, Hyperstorm, X-Man, Scarlet Witch, ... even things like Darwin's reactive evolution. They're not Omega mutants unless it's stated that they are an "Omega mutant". Rachel Summers hasn't been.

Cosmic Flame
Rachel wielded the PF. Only omegas can wield the PF. Therefore she's an omega.

son of m

xmarksthespot
Wikipedia is wrong.
Rachel wielded the PF. Only omegas can wield the PF. Therefore she's an omega. So did Feron. Is he an Omega mutant too?

Cosmic Flame
Perhaps I should restate myself a bit more accurately:

Rachel hosted the PF. Only omegas can host the PF. Therefore she's an omega. If you have an issue with it, take it up with Marvel. I don't write the stories, and I'm not responsible for their continuity. I can say that the above is true as of the last appearance of the PF in 616.

xmarksthespot
Still doesn't make her an Omega. Because the only thing that qualifies you as an Omega is being called one on panel. Find me on panel the words Rachel Summers/Marvel Girl is an Omega mutant. Go on. Do it. smile

Cosmic Flame
Actually, the only thing that qualifies one as an omega is one's power, not what one is called. Just because Jean or Bobby or Quentin weren't called omegas on panel doesn't mean they weren't omegas until they were called such.

xmarksthespot
Actually, the only thing that qualifies one as an omega is one's power, not what one is called. Just because Jean or Bobby or Quentin weren't called omegas on panel doesn't mean they weren't omegas until they were called such. Yes it does. Otherwise you can just label anyone who's powerful an Omega.

The writers decide who's what. Not the readers.

Cosmic Flame
Yes it does. Otherwise you can just label anyone who's powerful an Omega.

You're absolutely correct that it is up to the writers to decide, not the readers. So let me make sure I understand you:

Marvel writers say (on multiple occasions) that Rachel has virtually unlimited potential, which is the definition Xavier used for omega.

Marvel writers say that Rachel inherited her mother's psionic potential (who is a confirmed omega).

Marvel writers say that it is the province of omega psis to host the PF, which Rachel has.

Yet Rachel isn't an omega, despite having unlimited potential, inheriting her mother's omega power and hosting a force that is the ultimate power of omega psis, right?

But it's up to the writers to decide...

Cosmic Flame
Oh, and Team 1 takes this.

xmarksthespot
Post a scan, on panel it being written "Rachel Summers is an Omega mutant." As has been for all the other confirmed and accepted Omega mutants. Go on. Do it. smile

Well obviously they take this. The other team sucks.

ExodusCloak
I have to agree with xmarksthespot a character is only an Omega mutant when they are labelled one on panel or in a Handbook anything else is just speculation.

BTW didn't Xavier(Alpha) host a PF fagment for a while? Starjammers #2

Swanky-Tuna
Yes it does. Otherwise you can just label anyone who's powerful an Omega.

Your shtick with omegas sound like a person only has unlimited potential if they're called an omega by another character. As if the title enables unlimited potential instead of the potential being there and someone realizing it and labeling the character an omega mutant.

xmarksthespot
Not really. There are a lot of characters who have either shown a whole lot of power and potential (Magneto, Scarlet Witch, Exodus, Rachel Summers), or who particular people seem to really want to be omega mutants (Storm, Rachel Summers), but haven't been called omega mutants and so aren't. It's really that simple. Thing is, it is a title, nothing more.

Unless they're labelled on panel or in a handbook, they aren't. The title really hasn't enabled anything in the comics. Those who've been given the title with the exception of Iceman and Jean Grey for the most part haven't been shown to have that much power or potential for power development. Elixir shorted himself out trying to harm people with his powers. Vulcan flew off into space. Mr M is dead.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.