How it shoulda ended.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blaxican Hydra
This is a pretty funny video, and it makes some sense...

Click Here

ESB -1138
...that was just stupid

kamikz
Lol...

Leggy_n_Merry
Haha well I thought it was funny. But I laugh at anything stupid. When Frodo went "wee!" haha that cracked me up..

Blaxican Hydra
it makes sense though. Why go through all of the trouble to frigan' walk when they coulda just used an Eagle, than dropped the ring into the fire? I heard that the Eagles are faster than the Nazgul's fell beasts, and they can fly high enough to avoid arrows and stuff. So...what the heck? The whole "journey" would have lasted a whole fifteen minutes.

ESB -1138
1.) The Eagle are not faster or stronger then the Fell Beasts

2.) The Eagles wouldn't be able to fly from the Misty Mountains to Mount Doom in 15 minutes. It would take days or weeks. Such a distance and carrying others would have forced the Eagles to stop to rest often.

3.) Gollum was the reason the One Ring was destroyed. Frodo wouldn't have been able to throw the Ring into Mount Doom. It owned him.

4.) Gandalf wouldn't have united the people of Rohan so Isengard would have destroyed Rohan and thus Gondor would have been destroyed as well.

5.) Plus the Eagles were facing a terrible conflict in the North against the forces of Sauron. The conflict had Dwarves and Elves fighting against the vast armies of Sauron. The Eagles played a huge role in the Northern Lands.

Nazgulinthedark
Originally posted by ESB -1138
...that was just stupid

Leggy_n_Merry
By the way incase anyone thinks I like "agreed" with it because I said it was funny.. that is not the case. I just thought it was funny to watch.. not because of the fact that it "should" have ended that way.

Blaxican Hydra
1.) The Eagle are not faster or stronger then the Fell Beasts

Proof?

2.) The Eagles wouldn't be able to fly from the Misty Mountains to Mount Doom in 15 minutes. It would take days or weeks. Such a distance and carrying others would have forced the Eagles to stop to rest often.

They wouldn't have had to carry others, only Frodo, or even someon eelse for that matter. Preferably a light weight Hobbit. And your saying that Frodo was unconscious in that Eagles claws for weeks while it was carrying him to Rivendell after the ring was destroyed?

3.) Gollum was the reason the One Ring was destroyed. Frodo wouldn't have been able to throw the Ring into Mount Doom. It owned him.

Frodo wasn't caught in it's grap for a long time, it took months for Frodo to become ensnared by it.

4.) Gandalf wouldn't have united the people of Rohan so Isengard would have destroyed Rohan and thus Gondor would have been destroyed as well.

If the Ring was destroyed in a matter of days than Isengard wouldn't have even had the chance to destroy Rohan before Gondor came to its aide, not having to defend itself from attacks from Mordor, they could send sldiers to help defend Rohan. And even if Rohan fell 10,000 uruks would not have been able to take Gondor.

5.) Plus the Eagles were facing a terrible conflict in the North against the forces of Sauron. The conflict had Dwarves and Elves fighting against the vast armies of Sauron. The Eagles played a huge role in the Northern Lands.

The Eagles could have spared one or two eagles for a couple of days.

Barker
You make it sound as though the Raiths would have automatically started from behind them.

If both had started on winged beasts, it would have been 1 or 2 against 9. Factor in the Crebain, and other things..

I don't fancy playing chicken with those odds.

I_am_Melkor
It won't come up on my computer... -makes a pathetically depressing look- What happens? I'm guessing somethin' with eagles, but otherwise... -stares stupidly at computer screen-
Will someone please explain it?

Blaxican Hydra
IT wouldn't matter. Do you know how hard it is to catch something in mid air, when that thing is faster than you? And also, lol. The Wraiths might very well be behidn them. At that time of the book the Wraiths are roaming through the Shire and bree, and all those other places, looking for the ring. And, their all on horses. SO once Frodo made it to Rivendell all they would have to do is send him off on an Eagle. Sauron wont even know that the Eagles comign until it's like, right in it's face, and even if he knew it an entire day in advance, their wouldn't be enough time for the Wraiths to RIDE all the way back to Mordor on their horses, than jump on their winged beasts to catch the Eagles.

Belegūr
The Eagles carried Frodo and Sam to Gondor, not to Rivendell....

Originally posted by Blaxican Hydra
IT wouldn't matter. Do you know how hard it is to catch something in mid air, when that thing is faster than you? And also, lol. The Wraiths might very well be behidn them. At that time of the book the Wraiths are roaming through the Shire and bree, and all those other places, looking for the ring. And, their all on horses. SO once Frodo made it to Rivendell all they would have to do is send him off on an Eagle. Sauron wont even know that the Eagles comign until it's like, right in it's face, and even if he knew it an entire day in advance, their wouldn't be enough time for the Wraiths to RIDE all the way back to Mordor on their horses, than jump on their winged beasts to catch the Eagles.

The Wraiths returned South to Mordor after their defeat at the Ford of Bruinen.

The whole point of this argument is....what?

If the story could have been told in minutes, it wouldn't have been worth recounting.

Blaxican Hydra
The Eagles carried Frodo and Sam to Gondor, not to Rivendell....

I didn't say that they did.

The Wraiths returned South to Mordor after their defeat at the Ford of Bruinen.

It wouldn't matter. The Eagles would have made it to Mount Doom before the Wraiths could make it to Mordor, even if the Wraiths had a full day head start.

The whole point of this argument is....what?

If the story could have been told in minutes, it wouldn't have been worth recounting.

I know. I'm just laughing at the fact that it would have been so much easier. I look to look at movies and books and think about how they could have done it, or should have done it.

ESB -1138

thefallen544

Icicle
It dosen't matter if it is book realistic or not, what matters is that it was funny to watch.
Thanks for posting the link, I really liked it!

Nazgulinthedark

Fėanor
Originally posted by Nazgulinthedark
except maybe to tell them where to go and what to "ambush" ermm no expression huh?

Nazgulinthedark
I can't imagine fell beats to be all that bright. wouldn't they have to have to nazgul to tell them what to do?

and that esb-1338 guy is trying to get rid of witchy and friends cry

Draugwen

Nazgulinthedark
so an orc is going to tell the fell beast what to do? the orcs have to be told what to do! they don't have any control.

Draugwen

Nazgulinthedark
but nazguls are the coolest disgust

Fėanor
especially wikkie!! eek!

Nazgulinthedark
witchy woot

Fėanor
right on! eek!

dontgointhere
Originally posted by Blaxican Hydra
it makes sense though. Why go through all of the trouble to frigan' walk when they coulda just used an Eagle, than dropped the ring into the fire? I heard that the Eagles are faster than the Nazgul's fell beasts, and they can fly high enough to avoid arrows and stuff. So...what the heck? The whole "journey" would have lasted a whole fifteen minutes.

Yes. And they messed up Eowyn and faramir like crazy too.

Blaxican Hydra
And Merry, he got the black breath as well. And...Frodo wouldn't have lost his finger..Bormir wouldn't have gotten WTFpwnd... theirs a good chance Denathor wouldn't have lost his mind...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.