Michael Shanks will play Captain America !!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bradstaford
Michael Shanks from the immensely popular Stargate series will play Captain America !! Rumored from reputable sources who waited on Mr. David Self and an unknown gentleman at a cafe in Los Angeles.

NoFate007
He looks the part. If its true, good.

DigiMark007
Is there even a movie in the works?? Where is this info from?

Darth_Hexus
michael shanks?

xmarksthespot
Who the hell is Michael Shanks?
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Is there even a movie in the works?? Where is this info from? They have a writer, but no director as yet. So I doubt they have a cast.

Scoobless
He plays Daniel Jackson in Stargate SG1

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/3392/stargate92uv.th.jpg

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/2959/jackdaniel57kj.jpg

He's the guy on the left in both pictures

batdude123
They couldn't get a more well known actor for the job??? confused

xmarksthespot
I'm pretty sure this is just BS anyway. Like I said, no screenplay, no director... so why would they have cast the lead?

Scoobless
Originally posted by batdude123

Better off without big name stars...otherwise a lot of people don't separate the actor from the characters they've played before and just make comments like "he was better in Die Hard"

I prefer lesser known actors (as long as they can act)

grey fox
Stargate is a melting pot of 'possible' actors. They said Tielk (How the hell do you spell his goddamned name !!!) was going to play Piccolo in the 'real' live action DBZ film.

roughrider
Michael Shanks looks alright - as long as he bulks up enough.
But, this won't be offical until a director signs on.

redcaped
Hey, what about Jason Lewis. Didn't you read what I wrote?

FG725
The old capt. america movie twas shweet

Grimm22
Originally posted by batdude123

Hey i would rather have some unknown guy who can act than Brad Pitt no expression

Grimm22
If Macgyver wasnt so old I would say choose him stick out tongue

SnakeEyes
Yeah... I'm pretty sure the thread-starter made up this information or something. I looked on the imdb and wikipedia and saw nothing about this guy playing Cap. I'll believe it when I see it.

Redatom65
no proof!

proove it give an editorial source

MattDay
hey never thought about that, the pittster (brad) would be brillaint if he could bulk up more than he did for the achilles role as he was still skinney but he'd be very good, couldn't find many fellas better looking for the part

Silverstein
do they even have a first draft of the script yet? lol

RogerRamjet
Aaron Eckhart would be perfect for the role...that guy has the looks and the statue to bring to the table as Cappy...

Silverstein
post pics of him

RogerRamjet
Originally posted by Silverstein
post pics of him

this is to give an impression..i'm still looking for full-body shots

http://www.filmfestivals.com/images/tiff2005galery/images/Aaron%20Eckhart.jpg
http://entertainment.pipex.com/Images/AaronEckhartSCF.JPG

Silverstein
oh that guy lol meh

RogerRamjet
whaddaya mean, that old guy?? Cap is over 70 years old, this guy'll make him look good...roll eyes (sarcastic)

Silverstein
i said OH THAT GUY lol, he's not bad, but im not settling with him as Captain yet

General Kon-El
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Is there even a movie in the works?? Where is this info from? i like how people post info about movies that haven't been heard or mentioned of making without providing proof of works.

MattDay
captain america is hard to put a face too, his face changes shape so much he looks old one comic then a young stallion another... which is it? lol

crimsonphoenix
i think that would be cool if michael shanks would play captain america.....cause i love him from stargate sg-1....but i dont know if he could act the part cause he has been on stargate for so long and sometimes thats the only character you can do..it would be interesting to see if this on the big screen and actually be good, and not one of those .....oh look not another comic book movie that has nothing to do with the comic

Scoobless
Shanks has actually played quite a few alien characters on SG1 ..... and does the voices for some of the puppet aliens such as the Asgard

crimsonphoenix
stop following me around you!!!!!
michael shanks is hot...i wanted him to play beast for x3 but im glad he didnt cause i liked kelseys preformance in it

Ethereal
Cool, I've been a fan of stargate for a long time. I think he'll do well as Cap.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.