powers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

thorncrawler
one thing i've been wondering, ok he's faster that a speeding bullet, and we know he's really, really strong but.....

if he was to throw something as hard as he can would he be able to catch it or not.

basically is he stronger than he is fast or the other way round?

Whittdawg92
he's as strong as he is fast, cuz he's "perfect"

Mindship
Originally posted by thorncrawler
one thing i've been wondering, ok he's faster that a speeding bullet, and we know he's really, really strong but.....

if he was to throw something as hard as he can would he be able to catch it or not.

basically is he stronger than he is fast or the other way round?

Interesting question.

I guess, if we extrapolate from what an ordinary mortal man could/couldn't do--and I don't think anyone is fast enough to catch something they just threw with all their might--then I would say Superman could Not catch what he just threw.

So, I vote Strength > Speed.

Next question: Can Superman punch himself so hard he could hurt himself, or is he more invulnerable than he is strong? rolling on floor laughing

redcaped
OK, by accident my username coincides with the character, so I will answer the Qs. All buildings have a long metal line supporting each of the floors...I am right? In one very old comic book he hurled one of these things and quickly sat on it during a spectacle. His unique fits are as equal as normal fits if he hits himself...he'll feel the impact and a little pain, while having that same impact on any ordinary object will destroy it. C'mon you know that.

redcaped
Yes, the power of money. Lois Superman...Kent Blackout laughing

Myth
Originally posted by Mindship
Interesting question.

I guess, if we extrapolate from what an ordinary mortal man could/couldn't do--and I don't think anyone is fast enough to catch something they just threw with all their might--then I would say Superman could Not catch what he just threw.

So, I vote Strength > Speed.

I would agree to that only in space. If he threw something on Earth, the friction in the air would slow it down. Superman seems to be able to fly at a speed that doesn't slow down due to the air friction. In other words, Supes seems to be able to run faster than most objects maximum velocity.

Mindship
Originally posted by Myth
I would agree to that only in space. If he threw something on Earth, the friction in the air would slow it down.

That may depend on what he throws (eg, a BB would encounter much less resistence than, say, a baseball), but generally: good point.

NoFate007
He'd be able to hurt himself if he punched himself, in my opinion. Just look at it this way. If you punch yourself, can you? Yup. Now just maximize that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.