Thor? (spoilers)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scoobless
Whadaya think? (scans from Fantastic Four #538)

1. http://img370.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fantasticfour538221yt.jpg
2. http://img370.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fantasticfour538233nd.jpg
3. http://img371.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fantasticfour538246xl.jpg

Signs seem to point towards Donald Blake... but he always had a limp... this guy seems to walk/fight just fine

Accel
Is that Clark Kent waiting in line?

http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/9637/fantasticfour538217no.th.jpg

NiņoArņia
Originally posted by Accel

laughing laughing

DigiMark007
So, the hammer's back? But not Thor yet?

Doesn't Doom get it or somesuch? Or was that just a misleading cover?

Blah, just bring him the hell back, have him knock some sense into Marvel Earth, then give him the showdown with Sentry everyone wants to see.

...then send them both into space indefinitely. Both are too powerful to be Earth-based, and any fight that they don't end quickly is unfortunate PIS.

joesha28
Blake was actually Thor human form. The limb was to humble Thor casted by Odin. Maybe Odin's not around still.

Priest

haha tru tru

Tron
Originally posted by joesha28
Blake was actually Thor human form. The limb was to humble Thor casted by Odin. Maybe Odin's not around still.

Odin's dead.

Lucid Lui
Ahh, i am soo looking forward to his return.

Scoobless
How about a nice twist.... You can't see the guys face but you know he's blonde and confident in a fight...... Captain America has held the hammer before and has gone into hiding..... you know he'll always look for the tactical advantage..........

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Probably not.... but it would be kinda cool to have Cap with Thor's powers kicking the Sentry's head in

nimbus006
Originally posted by DigiMark007
So, the hammer's back? But not Thor yet?

Doesn't Doom get it or somesuch? Or was that just a misleading cover?

Blah, just bring him the hell back, have him knock some sense into Marvel Earth, then give him the showdown with Sentry everyone wants to see.

...then send them both into space indefinitely. Both are too powerful to be Earth-based, and any fight that they don't end quickly is unfortunate PIS.

No he plots to recover the hammer b/c he felt the power of the asgardians run through him as he was escaping hell, but when he arrives at the site where the hammer fell he was not able to lift it.

Iagree with your next two statements. Both are really misplaced heroes with two much power to be on the AVENGERS.

HellMaster93
I dunno.. i'm too hungre to think... gott get some chick'n...

roughrider
Originally posted by nimbus006
No he plots to recover the hammer b/c he felt the power of the asgardians run through him as he was escaping hell, but when he arrives at the site where the hammer fell he was not able to lift it.

Iagree with your next two statements. Both are really misplaced heroes with two much power to be on the AVENGERS.

That's why I sometimes think Superman shouldn't be with the Justice League. But if he's there, then Thor should be with the Avengers. Besides, I like how he and Cap work together.

Validus
There are multiple people in the JLA Big 7 with as much or more raw power than Superman though. Plus the JLA generally fight big threats.

nimbus006
No actually with the Justice League its Batman who is misplaced, but i guess he adds a nice dimension to the team. All the other JLA members are pretty much on par with Supes in power. Nobody on the avengers is on par with eithr Sentry or THor.

HellMaster93
Indeed. Batman becomes Super-tech-Nerd/ The Ulti8mate Wanker in JLA stories...

nimbus006
But can you imagine the AVENGERS with Thor and Sentry. Wow! that would be awesome.

Mindship

...with a bit of red cape sticking out. Careless...or up to something...?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by roughrider
That's why I sometimes think Superman shouldn't be with the Justice League. But if he's there, then Thor should be with the Avengers. Besides, I like how he and Cap work together.

Pffft! If you removed Supes from the JLA, you'd have to take a bunch of others too. DC has many more Earth-based cosmics, so it doesn't seem as bad. But Sentry and Thor are basically gods amongst mortals in Marvel Earth...the contrast is much more startling.

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by Scoobless
How about a nice twist.... You can't see the guys face but you know he's blonde and confident in a fight...... Captain America has held the hammer before and has gone into hiding..... you know he'll always look for the tactical advantage..........

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Probably not.... but it would be kinda cool to have Cap with Thor's powers kicking the Sentry's head in

Why so much Sentry hate ? .... IMO its kind of like hating Switzerland. He hasn't really done anything, to impress or piss anyone off.

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Pffft! If you removed Supes from the JLA, you'd have to take a bunch of others too. DC has many more Earth-based cosmics, so it doesn't seem as bad. But Sentry and Thor are basically gods amongst mortals in Marvel Earth...the contrast is much more startling.

And yet they have problems against the likes of Ultron, Pagan, Hyde and the Super adpatoid. roll eyes (sarcastic)

R.O.T. Yahman
Whadaya think? (scans from Fantastic Four #538)

1. http://img370.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fantasticfour538221yt.jpg
2. http://img370.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fantasticfour538233nd.jpg
3. http://img371.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fantasticfour538246xl.jpg

Signs seem to point towards Donald Blake... but he always had a limp... this guy seems to walk/fight just fine

What an Unoriginal / Anti climatic return .... Its seems like JMS only really cares about the Squadron Supreme and Spiderman.

Scoobless
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
Why so much Sentry hate ? .... IMO its kind of like hating Switzerland. He hasn't really done anything, to impress or piss anyone off.

I don't hate him.... but you just know he's gonna be pro-registration .... and as Cap is leading the anti-registration guys it may come up.... having Thor's power would obviously help.... and if Thor does turn up at his old classic power level then you just know he would side with Cap on just about any issue

nimbus006
Scoob i don't think thats a bad idea with the whole Cap thing. But i dont think so only b/c the guy was carrying a bag with the initials DB on it. But maybe that was to throw us off. Anything is possible.

R.O.T. Yahman
I don't hate him.... but you just know he's gonna be pro-registration .... and as Cap is leading the anti-registration guys it may come up.... having Thor's power would obviously help.... and if Thor does turn up at his old classic power level then you just know he would side with Cap on just about any issue

Its still a crappy anti climatic return. smile

Soujaboy
I want the Thor that went to sleep after Ragnarok to return. I want to know what happened to him, but thats just me.

Rewmac
I suppose hammer boy is back...And he will kick Tony Stark's stupid ass right back to New York...

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Rewmac
I suppose hammer boy is back...And he will kick Tony Stark's stupid ass right back to New York...

It will just be kinda whack if they don't follow up the story from the end of Ragnarok.

Scoobless
Also i'm surprised they're doing this in Fantastic Four comics.... surely Thor stories would be more appropriate in the pages of The Avengers

Soujaboy
Also i'm surprised they're doing this in Fantastic Four comics.... surely Thor stories would be more appropriate in the pages of The Avengers

Well he's supposed to be returning in Civil War #3, but If they mess up his return I'll be upset.

IronKnight101
Originally posted by Rewmac

Well, Tony could just use his ThorBuster armor to fight Thor. I have not chosen a side yet because I'm going to give Tony Stark the benefit of the doubt and believe that he has a good plan that will benefit all the superheroes. He has been acting like a real schmuck lately and I hope he snaps out of this phase.

Accel
Originally posted by Soujaboy
I want the Thor that went to sleep after Ragnarok to return. I want to know what happened to him, but thats just me.
Aren't that Thor and Classic Thor the same?
Well he's supposed to be returning in Civil War #3, but If they mess up his return I'll be upset.
He's finally coming back? Sweet!

Does any one know when CW #3 is coming out?

Validus
All the big stuff seems to happen in Fantastic Four. Phoenix once returned in an F4 comic.

Scoobless
But i don't read FF comics..... sad ...I only read that one because it was Civil War related..... (and i got it for free)

no expression

Soujaboy
Aren't that Thor and Classic Thor the same?

He's finally coming back? Sweet!

Does any one know when CW #3 is coming out?

No, Thor is Thor. When he's at RTK lv they still called him Thor.

CW #3 comes out on the 18

Soujaboy
Originally posted by IronKnight101
Well, Tony could just use his ThorBuster armor to fight Thor. I have not chosen a side yet because I'm going to give Tony Stark the benefit of the doubt and believe that he has a good plan that will benefit all the superheroes. He has been acting like a real schmuck lately and I hope he snaps out of this phase.

Thor has already smashed Tony Stark in his Thorbuster armor before

joesha28
I believe Thor might come down classic. Than marvel can come up with a Thor series run of how RKT became Classic agian. This can feature Galactus, LT, Phoenix force, Beyonder, Lord Chaos and Master Order and lots of cosmic Supla duplas!!!

jumpmann
yeah theres only 1 thor people

K3VIL
Originally posted by IronKnight101
Thorbuster armor was destroyed from Thor himself, he ripped it off from IM.

willRules
I hope he does return in civil war 3. If he does it would be great, but the only annoying thing would be that he will probably return to help out Cap right at the end of the issue, so we have to wait another month to see what happens sad

nimbus006

I think they did that b/c of the whole Dr. Dooms return/plot to try and take the hammer for himself. Besides that i dont see any other reason to do it in the FF series.

nimbus006
Originally posted by willRules
I hope he does return in civil war 3. If he does it would be great, but the only annoying thing would be that he will probably return to help out Cap right at the end of the issue, so we have to wait another month to see what happens sad

Haha thats true. I freakin hate that anticipation game comics try to play. They put a character on the front of the cover and he doesn't come out until the very last panel.

joesha28
Yup but that what sell comics at time bro. Anticipation.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by jumpmann
yeah theres only 1 thor people

so true

nimbus006
Yup but that what sell comics at time bro. Anticipation.

I know it.

Scoobless
"Codename: Lightning" made an appearance at the end of Civil War: #3 ...... someone is in serious, serious, trouble!

1. http://img93.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scan0021zj5.jpg
2. http://img91.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scan0022yv9.jpg
3. http://img93.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scan0023hx7.jpg
4. http://img508.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scan0024iy7.jpg

shock

Validus
McNiven is instantly in the running for drawing one of the coolest takes on Thor ever.

On another note, artists going exclusive to certain companies is one of the worst things ever.

nimbus006
Scoob, ANYBODY!! whats going on!!!?? I just finished reading Civil War 3, and from what i saw Thor just f*cked up Hercules, and Herc was trying to save Cap. Does this mean Thor is pro registration?

long pig
Holy hell.

No way that's the real Thor.

joesha28
I read somewhere that Thor gonna be a little different from now.

roughrider
And yet they have problems against the likes of Ultron, Pagan, Hyde and the Super adpatoid. roll eyes (sarcastic)

While the Justice League has been taken down single-handed, by Deathstroke & Prometheus. roll eyes (sarcastic)

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by roughrider
While the Justice League has been taken down single-handed, by Deathstroke & Prometheus. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Its hardly the same context. The Avengers where over powered by not so powerful beings, the JLA where out smarted. smile

Arahan
I read somewhere that Thor gonna be a little different from now.

May be he is gay now, gay for Ironman laughing out loud

roughrider
Its hardly the same context. The Avengers where over powered by not so powerful beings, the JLA where out smarted. smile

So they're dumb amateurs, then?
OK. big grin

joesha28
Ares gonna be Thor new badie i think.

Big Sexy
Ares gonna be Thor new badie i think. I hope they know what their doing with Thor. I hop they dont just bring all the asgardians back as though Ragnarok never happened.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Big Sexy
I hope they know what their doing with Thor. I hop they dont just bring all the asgardians back as though Ragnarok never happened.

Agreed

What would have been the point for Ragnarok in the first place? Why would thor make so many sacrifices just so Ragnarok could restart?

Scoobless
Nah... that wouldn't happen, the writers aren't that dumb

DarkCrawler
Ares gonna be Thor new badie i think. Ares is a good guy...

Soujaboy
Nah... that wouldn't happen, the writers aren't that dumb

I guess your right. We do have the next Civil War issue to look forward to, but it's not looking so good.

This could possibly turn out to be the worst written resurrection in the history of comicdom.

BlaqChaos
Rumor has it that Ares will join the Mighty Avengers.

Scoobless
Originally posted by BlaqChaos
Rumor has it that Ares will join the Mighty Avengers.

Can you imagine Ares training with Captain America?.... he'd probably cut Steve's arm off in order to win a game of dodgeball

joesha28
Agreed

What would have been the point for Ragnarok in the first place? Why would thor make so many sacrifices just so Ragnarok could restart?

Maybe that is the way to stop ragnarok from happening again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.