Pirates 2 Camp-Out Live Blogging

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

buddha1822
Hey guys.... I'm a bit new to these forums, but nvm. I run a site (FirstShowing.net) and we're out in line (ya ya, call us crazy, geeky, whatever) for Pirates of the Caribbean 2. We did this for Superman and we're doing it for Pirates.

We're doing a live blog of our experience and all the happenings. That can be found right here:
http://www.firstshowing.net/2006/07/05/pirates-camp-out/ (i'm "not allowed to post links yet"wink

We got a TV, projector, Xbox 360, and plenty more (no couches this time). And oh yea, we just ordered pizza right to the front of the theatre.

Check it out and all!! 'nuff said...

btw - i'm no spammer!! smile

She's a pirate
I still can't believe people are actually camping out for this...

jessigem
ugh you did that for superman?! Gross! That movie was made like Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. Why can't they just use real things instead of making it look rubbery and cloudy?
anyways...you're a die hard fan rock

buddha1822
Originally posted by She's a pirate
I still can't believe people are actually camping out for this...
for what? as in, movies in general? of for Pirates? are you not a Pirate fan and are posting here?! c'monnnn stick out tongue

Originally posted by jessigem
ugh you did that for superman?! Gross! That movie was made like Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. Why can't they just use real things instead of making it look rubbery and cloudy?
anyways...you're a die hard fan rock
lol thanks...! big grin we do it for most big movies, so Superman was just another big movie. but Pirates is the biggest this summer so of course we're here!!

evilm0nki3
r u the same dude thats on myspace?

buddha1822
Originally posted by evilm0nki3
r u the same dude thats on myspace?
probably...?

buddha1822
latest update: we got moved inside! cause of the rain and wind...

but we're taking over in there, and rocking it up!

http://www.firstshowing.net/2006/07/05/pirates-camp-out/

http://www.firstshowing.net/img/pirates-05.jpg

She's a pirate
Originally posted by buddha1822
for what? as in, movies in general? of for Pirates? are you not a Pirate fan and are posting here?! c'monnnn stick out tongue

I am a pirates fan otherwise I wouldn't be posting here, but I think camping out is a bit much. Going there a few hours a head of time yeah.

Well I suppose if you're a hard core then you'd do that.

Elessea
Hahaha, well i work at our movie theatre, but we don't allow camping out on the property. The lines weren't even that bad. People showed up around 10:30 and we opened at 11. I got the first 2 tickets! hahaha.

BUt its so much fun. We have a contest between other theatres in Va, and NC on who can decorate the best for big movies so we have all these decorations and all the workers have been dressing up like pirates for a week and its soooo much fun!

I get to see it in an hour!

jessigem
i just saw a commercial and it was all serious about it coming out. It said TONIGHT....AT 12:01....THE WAIT IS OVER!!!
usually commercials don't say that it's coming out at midnight, that just shows how awesome pirates is!! cool

evilm0nki3
I just got home, IT WAS AWESOME!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.