Punisher vs. Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jgiant
If these two were in NYC at two different ends of the island who would win...Punisher has access to his armory and wolvie has himself as a weapon...they are given one day to prep and one day to find and kill the other...who wins...? And just for fun also vote on who is more of a badass...

backspace
Since they are both experts on espionage I don't think either one of them can get the drop on the other. Now that logan can regenerate from a skeleton roll eyes (sarcastic), there is nothing in franks arsenal that can put him down. wolv 9/10 maybe frank could get lucky somehow.

jgiant
rpg, electricity, fire, building blowing up on him, enough firepower can take him out...

jgiant
damnit i fuked up the poll, ohh well...sob!

The Pict
Originally posted by backspace
wolv 9/10 maybe frank could get lucky somehow.

i doubt it though, i would go 10/10 for wolverine.

backspace
If we disregard wolv's recent issue, I'd say it could go either way. But now logan will just keep coming back and coming back until frank runs out of weapons.

The Pict
wolverine isn't gonna wait around for frank to run out of ammo, he slices him up instead.

backspace
Originally posted by The Pict
wolverine isn't gonna wait around for frank to run out of ammo, he slices him up instead. That's a good point. Logan runs at guys shooting all types of calibers of bullets and he doesn't stop. Even if Frank gets him with a rocket launcher, he'll just get right back up. The guy got bodyslammed by a stealth bomber and he was up right after. One slice to castle's head is all it will take. Still with all the impressive things Punisher has done, there has to be a way for him to pull out a couple of victories?

Fieldy69
m203 or rpg os sumthing lands in wolverines chest and scatters his parts everywhere with just adamantium remaining frank burns the chunks to ash

The Pict
maybe do something to logan's brain. when i saw the pic of wolverine being incinerated i thought that he healed cos' his brain was protected in the adamantuim skull. im not sure though, logan probably always takes it.

backspace
Originally posted by Fieldy69
m203 or rpg os sumthing lands in wolverines chest and scatters his parts everywhere with just adamantium remaining frank burns the chunks to ash Good plan but I guess it depends on how fast those things go. Logan's speed and reflexes are really impressive.

Grimm22
I think punisher is a better character, but I cant see him beating Logan mainly because of his healing factor and adamantium skelaton

Broly92
Wolverine wins 10/10 and he is a better character but not as cool but still better "BuB" smokin'

backspace
maybe do something to logan's brain. when i saw the pic of wolverine being incinerated i thought that he healed cos' his brain was protected in the adamantuim skull. im not sure though, logan probably always takes it. How about frank uses sonics right off the bat. This might slow logan down long enough for frank to use Fieldy69's plan.

The Pict
i dunno, would sonics effect Logan?
plus wolverine got burned up completely and still came back, its gonna have to be the brain i think.

backspace
I'm not 100% sure but I figured with his supersenses it would. Where is Capt it up when you need him.

Grimm22
plus wolverine got burned up completely and still came back, its gonna have to be the brain i think.

Erg dont remind me of that stupid bullcrap where Wolverine came back from being a freakin skelaton miffed

backspace
plus wolverine got burned up completely and still came back, its gonna have to be the brain i think. That's a good point. Jgiant do you want this fight to be pre-wolverine#43 or post-wolverine#43 ?

The Pict
we are coming up with ways for frank to win but i don't think its gonna happen, wolverine is much faster, too durable and a weapon himself.

jinzin
punisher kinda has a problem considering he can't really do ANYTHING to logan that logan won't get back up from....

that said.. wovlerine's the better stalker, and a ninja.. he'll waste frank while frank's in the middle of prep...

as for who's more badass.... I dunno... wolverine's extremely badass.. but frank toe to toes with superhumans all the time and he's just a regular guy... he doesn't even have the resources and protection that batman does, nor the gifted abilities of daredevil or cap.... based on his grit alone I give it to the punisher...

backspace
What about sonics and then missles?

jinzin
again... are we assuming that punisher can get the drop on logan? cause there's only one of these guys with the ability to sniff out the other first before the first shot's fired.. and it ain't punisher...

backspace
Originally posted by jinzin
again... are we assuming that punisher can get the drop on logan? cause there's only one of these guys with the ability to sniff out the other first before the first shot's fired.. and it ain't punisher... Yeah good point. surrender wolv 10/10.

jinzin
lol..

jgiant
well, i think that frank can win, he can prep the area so that wolvie gets confused...first he can gas the area that he is in then set off like a ton of explosives and launch some rockets at him and then trap him in a building that he blows up...not saying its going to be easy but if frank can stay away and utilizes all his knowledge and skill he can pull it off...hell he has gotten the better of logan more than a few times...hell he even killed him in punisher kills the marvel universe, and it wasn't too far feched...wolvie isn't invincible, he can be put down with conventional weapons...

jgiant
http://superherochat.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=91333&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30&sid=398f77e451f2db1230d0d477651df777 this page has some good fights with frank goin up against wolvie type guys, and even the bub himself...he more than holds his own, and sometimes even comes out on top.

The Pict
Originally posted by jgiant
well, i think that frank can win, he can prep the area so that wolvie gets confused...first he can gas the area that he is in then set off like a ton of explosives and launch some rockets at him and then trap him in a building that he blows up...not saying its going to be easy but if frank can stay away and utilizes all his knowledge and skill he can pull it off...hell he has gotten the better of logan more than a few times...hell he even killed him in punisher kills the marvel universe, and it wasn't too far feched...wolvie isn't invincible, he can be put down with conventional weapons...

wolverine isn't gonna fall into every trap possible. he's going to go straight for frank. and he won't get trapped in a building cos' he'll cut an exit anywhere.

jgiant
wolverine isn't gonna fall into every trap possible. he's going to go straight for frank. and he won't get trapped in a building cos' he'll cut an exit anywhere. not if he is unconsious or trapped, how can he cut his way out if he can't move...tko...

The Pict
not if he is unconsious or trapped, how can he cut his way out if he can't move...tko...

i mean if frank tries to trap wolverine he'll escape before the trap is sprung. and if it was to trap him in a building frank would have to be in it also.

jgiant
not really, they start off at different sides of NYC various buildings can be rigged, and with punisher keeping his distance and always having an idea where he is then he could distract him with various attacks from a distance thus wolvie falling into his trap...

The Pict
not really, they start off at different sides of NYC various buildings can be rigged, and with punisher keeping his distance and always having an idea where he is then he could distract him with various attacks from a distance thus wolvie falling into his trap...

sure various building may be rigged somehow but wolverine has no reason at all to enter them. and if they are at different sides of NYC then the punisher isn't gonna have an idea of wolverine's whereabouts, so wolverine gets the drop on him.

Mr.V
Well lets see, Logan can track Frank from across the city; Frank cant.
Logan can survive probably everything Frank throws at him, and I really doubt that Wolverine will stand there and let Frank knock him out with an RPG. Sure Frank is very Badass, and he'd probably be able to pull off a few wins, But with Wolverine he's simply out classed IMO. Frank has no physical advantages over Wolverine. He's probably more skilled in Prep, but im pretty sure Logan could be/is very good with prep time aswell (Seeing as he never really has to use it much). So overall I'd go with:
Wolverine 7/10.

jgiant
franks weapons can take out wolvie...gas, enough bombs, electicity, enough of anything will ko wolvie...and franks got alot of it...and wolvie will probably get the drop on frank but i bet frank will have something that wolvie will trip over in the city that will alert frank to his wareabouts...

The Pict
franks weapons can take out wolvie...gas, enough bombs, electicity, enough of anything will ko wolvie...and franks got alot of it...and wolvie will probably get the drop on frank but i bet frank will have something that wolvie will trip over in the city that will alert frank to his wareabouts...

trip over in the city!? frank would have to trap every single surface in NYC somehow. come on frank doesn't have unlimited resources. plus there is quite a few people in NYC, so if he could trap the city (and he couldn't) traps would be going off constantly.

so while frank lays a trap or two wolverine appears behind him and skewers him, job done.

jgiant
trip over in the city!? frank would have to trap every single surface in NYC somehow. come on frank doesn't have unlimited resources. plus there is quite a few people in NYC, so if he could trap the city (and he couldn't) traps would be going off constantly.

so while frank lays a trap or two wolverine appears behind him and skewers him, job done. Think outside the box, frank will have all the avenues getting to where he is rigged with some type of trap and all frank has to do is sit and wait...and knowing frank he is not going to endanger the lives of civilians...

grey fox
Wolverine gut's frank , sorry Jgiant but Wolvie is what you get when you cross frank with a fanboy...

jgiant
Originally posted by grey fox
Wolverine gut's frank , sorry Jgiant but Wolvie is what you get when you cross frank with a fanboy... True, haha...but frank has tussled with wolvie in the past and even if this comes down to close quarters he can survive and even beat wolvie with the proper tools...

grey fox
True, haha...but frank has tussled with wolvie in the past and even if this comes down to close quarters he can survive and even beat wolvie with the proper tools...

Close quarters What the f**k?

I thought you liked Frank ?

jinzin
Think outside the box, frank will have all the avenues getting to where he is rigged with some type of trap and all frank has to do is sit and wait...and knowing frank he is not going to endanger the lives of civilians...

yup.. you'd HAVE to think outside the box for frank to really beat wolverine.. orrrr you could just spring for straight up PIS like ennis did.. stick out tongue

The Pict

I thought you liked Frank ?

laughing

godking
plus wolverine got burned up completely and still came back, its gonna have to be the brain i think. Sonics would effect Logan a healing factor does not help you against sonics and with Wolverines super hearing soncis would be the perfect weapon to use.

Broly92
Originally posted by godking
Sonics would effect Logan a healing factor does not help you against sonics and with Wolverines super hearing soncis would be the perfect weapon to use.
He can heal right after it they won't do anything since Wolverine has gotten so many upgrades

jgiant

I thought you liked Frank ? he has gone h2h with wolvie and had hiim on the ropes check out my link previously...and ohh yeah this is without ennis...

godking
Originally posted by Broly92
He can heal right after it they won't do anything since Wolverine has gotten so many upgrades Sonics hurt and disorient they do not damage. Wolverines healing factor does NOTHING against Sonics.

How does does wolverine's healing factor help him against sonics designed to disorient and hurt people ?.

People seem to think that Wolverines healing factor makes him impervious to any weapon .

riceroost
Originally posted by backspace
How about frank uses sonics right off the bat. This might slow logan down long enough for frank to use Fieldy69's plan. Wolverine was on the same team with BANSHEE for a long time. Sonics wont do anything.

riceroost
Sonics hurt and disorient they do not damage. Wolverines healing factor does NOTHING against Sonics. Sonics damage the inner ear. Healing Factor repairs the damage. So, yes healing factor would deal with sonics.
People seem to think that Wolverines healing factor makes him impervious to any weapon . Not every weapon, just every weapon that Punisher is likely to use against him.

jgiant
Originally posted by riceroost
Sonics damage the inner ear. Healing Factor repairs the damage. So, yes healing factor would deal with sonics.
Not every weapon, just every weapon that Punisher is likely to use against him. yes but frank has fought wolvie and knows what weapons will just waste his time and which will do some damage...

backspace
If only frank could get his hands on dooms anti-mutant weapon.

jgiant
wolvies healing factor can only handle so much...he has even stated that his healing factor can work if he bleeds to death before hand...this was in a hulk comic...but it should be noted...and wolvies healing has wavered from time to time...

Broly92
wolvies healing factor can only handle so much...he has even stated that his healing factor can work if he bleeds to death before hand...this was in a hulk comic...but it should be noted...and wolvies healing has wavered from time to time...
Like when he took a nuke roll eyes (sarcastic)
but face it Wolverine wins even if he did nothing with his prep he wins with it he can do as much as punisher

inamilist
The thing that makes this a good match imho is the fact that they have a week of prep and start at a considerable distance from one another.

since frank and wolv are fairly familiar with eachother, they will know the general capabilities and powersets of their opponent. This is THE benefit that allows punisher even a chance in the fight.

He would know, straight away, that small explosions, bullets, grenades, all those typical weapons are going to be almost useless against wolverine. So he has a week to plan something "outside of the box" to take out wolverine. Encasing him in cement might work :P

Wolverine also has this week, but he is not known for his tacticle abilities in the way that punisher is. Sure, he could track down the punisher by beating up people in bars (ala wolv 43) but in all seriousness, he is going to have no way of tracking frank when they start from opposite ends of the city (smell doesnt work like that, for the simple principals of diffusion).

Frank's only palpable chance of winning is avoiding the conflict that most peolpe agree wolverine would win anyways. Setting pheremone based traps, sweating into a shirt then leaving it somewhere, the ideal red-herring for dealing with wolverine.

Then, a simple electricity trap, that can be detonated by remote from a charcoal ventilated room in a complete other building

not an exciting read, but this scenario plays right into punisher's hands.

Since its questionable what types of weapons/traps Frank might lay, and wolverine is very tough to put down, id say its split 50/50, but even that is probably underestimating the punisher given teh scenario.

Broly92
Originally posted by inamilist
The thing that makes this a good match imho is the fact that they have a week of prep and start at a considerable distance from one another.

since frank and wolv are fairly familiar with eachother, they will know the general capabilities and powersets of their opponent. This is THE benefit that allows punisher even a chance in the fight.

He would know, straight away, that small explosions, bullets, grenades, all those typical weapons are going to be almost useless against wolverine. So he has a week to plan something "outside of the box" to take out wolverine. Encasing him in cement might work :P

Wolverine also has this week, but he is not known for his tacticle abilities in the way that punisher is. Sure, he could track down the punisher by beating up people in bars (ala wolv 43) but in all seriousness, he is going to have no way of tracking frank when they start from opposite ends of the city (smell doesnt work like that, for the simple principals of diffusion).

Frank's only palpable chance of winning is avoiding the conflict that most peolpe agree wolverine would win anyways. Setting pheremone based traps, sweating into a shirt then leaving it somewhere, the ideal red-herring for dealing with wolverine.

Then, a simple electricity trap, that can be detonated by remote from a charcoal ventilated room in a complete other building

Since its questionable what types of weapons/traps Frank might lay, and wolverine is very tough to put down, id say its split 50/50, but even that is probably underestimating the punisher given teh scenario.
No it isn't Wolverine can take whatever Punisher can throw at him since his healing power has gotten so much stronger plus he has prep as well so he can probably get anything Frank can

inamilist
No it isn't Wolverine can take whatever Punisher can throw at him since his healing power has gotten so much stronger plus he has prep as well so he can probably get anything Frank can

Wolverine can "take" bein immobalized in cement?

Wolverine can "take" having a building collapsed on him?

He can "take" being drown?

Im not questioning if he can survive these things, but they are simple immobalizing effects that would easily incapacitate wolverine long enough for frank to be given the win

What about magnets, all frank needs to do is rig something that uses strong electromagnetic force, and its over.

While im sure Wolverine could acquire all of the same items the punisher can, please show me some instances of him setting explosive traps for people, or using weapons other than those for h2h combat. Wolverine is great at hunting people, something that can be exploited by the punisher in this circumstance

Broly92
Wolverine can "take" bein immobalized in cement?

Wolverine can "take" having a building collapsed on him?

He can "take" being drown?

Im not questioning if he can survive these things, but they are simple immobalizing effects that would easily incapacitate wolverine long enough for frank to be given the win

What about magnets, all frank needs to do is rig something that uses strong electromagnetic force, and its over.

While im sure Wolverine could acquire all of the same items the punisher can, please show me some instances of him setting explosive traps for people, or using weapons other than those for h2h combat. Wolverine is great at hunting people, something that can be exploited by the punisher in this circumstance
When he was in weapon X he used traps stick out tongue

inamilist
When he was in weapon X he used traps stick out tongue

scans?

or even just issues, i can probably find them

jgiant

Since its questionable what types of weapons/traps Frank might lay, and wolverine is very tough to put down, id say its split 50/50, but even that is probably underestimating the punisher given teh scenario. thumb up yes Ohh, and i said one day in the beginning of the thread but i guess we can do both...

inamilist
thumb up yes Ohh, and i said one day in the beginning of the thread but i guess we can do both...

oops

a day might be too little...

wolvie would also have the ability to like, spy on whatever frank does, which seems much more in his character

eiter way, 50/50 imho

Broly92
oops

wolvie would also have the ability to like, spy on whatever frank does, which seems much more in his character

eiter way, 50/50 imho
In one day I though it was a week or something Wolverine wins 8/10

jgiant
oops

eiter way, 50/50 imho we can do both...and they both have a day to themselves without the other interfearing..

jinzin

wolverine's mutant powers DO work on a city wide scale though.. confused

it's how sabretooth tracked him down in a city, and it's how wolverine tracked down the native...

jinzin
and some people are REALLY underestimating wolverine's military capabilities... cmon.. the guy's been trained by so many military organizations and government ones that he's got nick fury on speed dial.. literally....
he's like what one of 3 people who has access to that....

anywho... that was random I'll admit.. but people are seriously underestimating logan's tactical abilities.. he's had more training than punisher, more experience, and better training.... hell he's more than likely got more resources too...

jgiant
and some people are REALLY underestimating wolverine's military capabilities... cmon.. the guy's been trained by so many military organizations and government ones that he's got nick fury on speed dial.. literally....
he's like what one of 3 people who has access to that....

anywho... that was random I'll admit.. but people are seriously underestimating logan's tactical abilities.. he's had more training than punisher, more experience, and better training.... hell he's more than likely got more resources too... But he's not likely to use them, frank relies on tactics and his weapons every day...and don't underestimate frank he has been doin what he does best for more than 30 years straight, and FRANK is the best at what he does.

blind faith
Wolverine.

Healing factor, unbreakable skeleton & claws.

he wins 7/10.

nuff' said.

jinzin
But he's not likely to use them, frank relies on tactics and his weapons every day...and don't underestimate frank he has been doin what he does best for more than 30 years straight, and FRANK is the best at what he does.

he's not likely to use them since when?

logan is reliant on his powers and skills to get the job done on his team... in his books most fights that occur are head on.. nothing like this... you've changed the way in which these characters would typically meet.. it has an effect on the way wolverine would typically act.. for example wolverine: agent of shield... nuff said really..

jgiant
he's not likely to use them since when?

logan is reliant on his powers and skills to get the job done on his team... in his books most fights that occur are head on.. nothing like this... you've changed the way in which these characters would typically meet.. it has an effect on the way wolverine would typically act.. for example wolverine: agent of shield... nuff said really.. Punisher took on shield nuff said...

jinzin
Punisher took on shield nuff said...

not really... cause punisher didn't take on wolverine using shield tech.. and let's face it... wolverine BY HIMSELF has had shield running scared shitless....

Tassadar
maybe do something to logan's brain. when i saw the pic of wolverine being incinerated i thought that he healed cos' his brain was protected in the adamantuim skull. im not sure though, logan probably always takes it.

Wolverine got shot through the temple with a crossbow once (their is no adamantium there) and he just went berzerk. He had a seizure later though, and that let the guy who shot him get away. Punisher with a day of prep is going to find a way to put down Wolverine, so long as he is not poorly written. If its current fanboy Wolverine, even Ennis-Punisher is pretty screwed, as this is the incarnation of Logan that can survive going to the sun and walk away from a nuke. A well written Wolverine can take a few dozen bullets before going berzerk or passing out. If he goes berzerk (which he probably will) Frank will have a much bigger problem, as Logan is much harder to ko in this state. Frank could conceivably find a way to trap him in concrete or throw him in a pool of acid or liquid metal, from which he is not walking away from, however. Frank can pull it off, but Wolverine takes a 7.5/10 majority.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.