Nick Rotsu vs. Han Solo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blaxican Hydra
Nick Rotsu from Shatterpoint vs. Han Solo.

Nick has his duel slug-throwers, while han has his regule blaster pistol.

Setting is in the battle bar.

I think Nick takes this. Nick is an excellent shot in the book, really good.

kamikz
Han Solo was amongs the best shots in the galaxy, and the fastest drawer in the galaxy. I'd say he takes this in a shootout...

Admiral Akbar
Yeah, He was even feared by boba under some circumstances.

kamikz
yes

GM Nebaris
Han Solo.

Generic Hero
Nick is badass, but you can't touch Han.

Captain REX
Very few people can touch Han...Nick Rotsu is not one of them.

Generic Hero
I'd put him up there. He is currently my favourite EU character. He made Shatterpoint one of teh best SW books out there.

darthsith19
Nick wins. He is the best shoot on Haruun Kal, was Force Sensative and took down a few Akk Guards, which were Kar's Elite ULF warriors, trained by Kar himself, and they could use the Force. Nick's to good for Han, with the Force in him his reaction time will be quicker than Han's, plus he's a better shot. Han goes down,

GM Nebaris
Coming to think about it, Nick probably is a better shooter. However Han is a faster drawer imo.

Blaxican Hydra
Originally posted by GM Nebaris
Coming to think about it, Nick probably is a better shooter. However Han is a faster drawer imo.

Well in the book something happens (Cant remember what) but mace Draws ans ignites his light saber and turns back to see nick already shooting with his slugthrowers, even though they were holstered a second before. I think that if Nick can draw, aim, and shoot his gun faster than a Jedi master such as mace can draw his light saber, he must be pretty damn good.

Also, I'm trying to think...when do we actually see han do any fast drawing action in the movies besides esb?

KingDubya
Originally posted by Captain REX
Very few people can touch Han...Nick Rotsu is not one of them.

Blaxican Hydra
Theirs no proof to that really. han's done nothing that impressive with a gun to put him on par with a gun.

Admiral Akbar
Han Solo dodged a point blank shot from greedo and fired nearly miliseconds after greedo did.

Blaxican Hydra
yeah, his blaster was already drawn, as was greedos. han saw it coming, and anticipated the shot and so coked his head just as greedo shot. That still doesn't show any good marksmanship on han's part other than the fact that he can cock his head really good.

Admiral Akbar
He had a grip on his blaster, but he dident fire. It does, actually. If he shot and for some reason Greedo dodged then he's wtf screwed. He was cocky enough to allow greedo to shoot first. It shows that Han is so good he allows his opponent to fire at him first, dodge it with killer reflexes and "not miss" firing back on him.

Blaxican Hydra
HE had pulled it out completely, and was just holding it beneath the table so that Greedo couldn't see it. Thats not drawing a gun very fast.

Admiral Akbar
Still...In one novel Han Solo and Boba Fett stalemate in a pistol draw. And Han has the best shot in the galaxy and I believe Nick is part of that galaxy right?

Blaxican Hydra
Still...In one novel Han Solo and Boba Fett stalemate in a pistol draw.

You mean in Tales of the bounty hunters? they both already had their guns out.

And Han has the best shot in the galaxy and I believe Nick is part of that galaxy right?

Were is this stated? I doubt it's from an omniscent narrerator, or GL himself.

Captain REX
Nick Rotsu is Force-sensitive? That definitely gives him an edge on Solo. The reflexes the Force can grant are faster than Solo's own reflexes. He's a fast draw, but Rotsu would beat him there.

And then there's aiming aided by the Force. You get the picture.

Blaxican Hydra
Nick Rotsu is Force-sensitive? That definitely gives him an edge on Solo. The reflexes the Force can grant are faster than Solo's own reflexes. He's a fast draw, but Rotsu would beat him there.

P'shaw! yes, the Korun and Balawai were ALL force sensitive. It was like a sub-humn species r something, iono. But yeah Nick is force-sensitve, and he knows how to harness it as well.

Thnaks for seeing the light REX.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by darthsith19
Nick wins. He is the best shoot on Haruun Kal, was Force Sensative and took down a few Akk Guards, which were Kar's Elite ULF warriors, trained by Kar himself, and they could use the Force. Nick's to good for Han, with the Force in him his reaction time will be quicker than Han's, plus he's a better shot. Han goes down,

I agree with this, the mear fact that Nick was force sensitive gives him a huge edge over Han. Nick wins.

Blaxican Hydra
Word.

Captain REX
I haven't read Shatterpoint, so I wouldn't know.

Must be said, instances with entirely Force-sensitive races are getting on my nerves. Happens too often.

Blaxican Hydra
Lol. I'll let you in on a secret though.

Their not really force sensitive, their just black.

Captain REX
Damn. Why haven't they taken over yet?

Blaxican Hydra
Why, because their black of course.

Admiral Akbar

Except, hes unable to harness those reflexes aided by the force as often as he wants because he hasn't been through any training.

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
I agree with this, the mear fact that Nick was force sensitive gives him a huge edge over Han. Nick wins.

An edge doesn't guaruntee victory. Dooku had an edge over Anakin, the fight came out differently.

((The_Anomaly))
Dooku had an edge over Anakin? huh

Blaxican Hydra
Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
Except, hes unable to harness those reflexes aided by the force as often as he wants because he hasn't been through any training.

He harnessed like, every time he fought. He always used ti to his advantage, just not the way that Jedi and Sith do. it's more natural.

And Im still waiting for that quoet from the omniscent narrerator/Gl about Han being the best gunenr in the galaxy. wink

darthsith19
Still...In one novel Han Solo and Boba Fett stalemate in a pistol draw. And Han has the best shot in the galaxy and I believe Nick is part of that galaxy right?
We don't know when Nick dies, he's going to be in an upcoming book, so he might die then. And, like Blaxican, I wanna see the quote that says Han has the best shot in the galaxy. And eitehr way it wouldn't matter if Nick blows his ****in' head off before Han can fire a shot.

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Blaxican Hydra
He harnessed like, every time he fought. He always used ti to his advantage, just not the way that Jedi and Sith do. it's more natural.

And Im still waiting for that quoet from the omniscent narrerator/Gl about Han being the best gunenr in the galaxy. wink

It was quoted in one of the books of the NJO trilogy by KJ Anderson, I would have to ask friend to lend the books back so I could find the qoute.

Err, sorry this is edited: It was in the Han Solo trilogy.

darthsith19
It was quoted in one of the books of the NJO trilogy by KJ Anderson, I would have to ask friend to lend the books back so I could find the qoute.

Err, sorry this is edited: It was in the Han Solo trilogy.
The Han Solo trilogy, huh? Well, even if he is a better shot Nick is a quicker draw - Han will be dead before he can fire a shot. It's not like Nick's gonna miss.

Admiral Akbar
Han wouldent miss either. Not like greedo at least. EU makes people more powerful than they seem. In the Solo trilogy him Chewie and Bria escape Ylesia and they.. well only Han and Chewie take down a massive army. He has a good shot. And he has that "lucky" trait that he possesses. Just like Obi Wan, Han's luck will lead him to victory.

Blaxican Hydra
"Luck" isn't a factor in a vs. battle dude. Lol.

And Nick fought and killed a bunch of Jedi Master trained force adepts IN THE DARK, and still never missed his shots. And i can say the same thing about EU about the han trilogy. EU makes people overpowered. So..yeha. And you still havn't shown any feats that actually show good marksmanship on hands part.

And also, I've noticed hwo you've neglected to show us that quote. We're waiting.

darthsith19
Han wouldent miss either. Not like greedo at least. EU makes people more powerful than they seem. In the Solo trilogy him Chewie and Bria escape Ylesia and they.. well only Han and Chewie take down a massive army. He has a good shot. And he has that "lucky" trait that he possesses. Just like Obi Wan, Han's luck will lead him to victory.
I know Han won't miss, but it doesn't matter, if Nick draws quicker then han's a dead man. And if Nick can draw and fire in the amoint of time it takes Mace Windu to ignite his lighstaber I'm sure he's a quicker draw than Han is. And "Han will win cause he's lucky" is a bad arguement, his luck didn't do him much good when he tried to take out Vader in ESB.

Admiral Akbar
"Luck" isn't a factor in a vs. battle dude. Lol.

And Nick fought and killed a bunch of Jedi Master trained force adepts IN THE DARK, and still never missed his shots. And i can say the same thing about EU about the han trilogy. EU makes people overpowered. So..yeha. And you still havn't shown any feats that actually show good marksmanship on hands part.

And also, I've noticed hwo you've neglected to show us that quote. We're waiting.

If you read my posts, then you would understand why I can't provide a quote atm.

I just posted an example of Han's markmanship. Jeeze, you're slow...

Oh yeah, Luck isn't a factor huh? So Obi Wan must not have been lucky to find higher ground when he was in a saber lock with Anakin. Anakin must not have been lucky to land on the little droid after jumping off the giant beam he was running across.

Admiral Akbar
I know Han won't miss, but it doesn't matter, if Nick draws quicker then han's a dead man. And if Nick can draw and fire in the amoint of time it takes Mace Windu to ignite his lighstaber I'm sure he's a quicker draw than Han is. And "Han will win cause he's lucky" is a bad arguement, his luck didn't do him much good when he tried to take out Vader in ESB.

Who knew Vader was able to block it with his hands...Han diden't for sure. Im sure Nick would make the same mistake.

Blaxican Hydra
If you read my posts, then you would understand why I can't provide a quote atm.

I just posted an example of Han's markmanship. Jeeze, you're slow...

Oh yeah, Luck isn't a factor huh? So Obi Wan must not have been lucky to find higher ground when he was in a saber lock with Anakin. Anakin must not have been lucky to land on the little droid after jumping off the giant beam he was running across.

Oh yeah, your a believer in luck huh? gee, were was that luck when Han was ruthlessly tortured by the Imperials, and then frozen in carbonite for a few years. Were was his luck than?

darthsith19
Sdmiral Akbar, your being stubborn. Luck isn't going to help when your opponent, who happens to have 99.999% accuracy, shoots at you. Unless Nick misses, which he only has a .001% chance of doing, Han is ****ed.

Admiral Akbar
Oh yeah, your a believer in luck huh? gee, were was that luck when Han was ruthlessly tortured by the Imperials, and then frozen in carbonite for a few years. Were was his luck than?

His luck? When Leia came back to free him a few years later.

Is that your best?

Admiral Akbar
Sdmiral Akbar, your being stubborn. Luck isn't going to help when your opponent, who happens to have 99.999% accuracy, shoots at you. Unless Nick misses, which he only has a .001% chance of doing, Han is ****ed.

Proof he has a 99.999% accuracy? Again dont use numbers like these. They are not even accurate. Han has stellar accuracy also and he rarely misses.

Blaxican Hydra
His luck? When Leia came back to free him a few years later.

Is that your best?

lol w/e. 10 years? Thats not a good thing...

And is that my best? My worst has already WTFpwnd your best. At least I have physical hard evidence, as opposed to hokey religions and ideals, such as luck. Please, don't insult my intelligence.

Admiral Akbar
What evidence? You state that Nick was able to pull out his blaster as fast as Mace pulled out his saber. Thats all you have on Nick. There are plently of EU books out there with Han Solo, or about him. Try those...they show exactly why he is the best shot and has a quick draw.

Your worst pwned my best? huh...lol. You have self-pwned yourself in that post. You state that you have hard evidence, yet you also stated that luck is not a factor in a duel. Prove it. There have been plently of lucky moments for many SW characters. Way to go.

Blaxican Hydra
What evidence? You state that Nick was able to pull out his blaster as fast as Mace pulled out his saber. Thats all you have on Nick. There are plently of EU books out there with Han Solo, or about him. Try those...they show exactly why he is the best shot and has a quick draw.

Your worst pwned my best? huh...lol. You have self-pwned yourself in that post. You state that you have hard evidence, yet you also stated that luck is not a factor in a duel. Prove it. There have been plently of lucky moments for many SW characters. Way to go.

OMG GOD GUESS WHAT?

Its not luck..it's called.... A PLOT! Its a movie! You could say that Luke was lucky that he escaped from the deathstar in ANH, or you can say that it would have been a damn short movie if Luke was killed instantly like he should have been.

Kid, you're pwning yourself everytime you even post on these bords, so please, spare me.

darthsith19
Proof he has a 99.999% accuracy? Again dont use numbers like these. They are not even accurate. Han has stellar accuracy also and he rarely misses.
Doesn't matter, Nick will draw first and there's no way Solo can survive if Nick fires a shot at him. And don't reply with something like "Nick won't survive if Han fires a shot at him, either." because that will never happen as Nick's quicker and will be able to draw and fire first.

Admiral Akbar
OMG GOD GUESS WHAT?

Its not luck..it's called.... A PLOT! Its a movie! You could say that Luke was lucky that he escaped from the deathstar in ANH, or you can say that it would have been a damn short movie if Luke was killed instantly like he should have been.

Kid, you're pwning yourself everytime you even post on these bords, so please, spare me.

Dude, you're being an idiot. Escaping death, finding higher ground when your in a saberlock and could possibly die and all of the above are all luck. Luck is part of the plot. If Luck diden't exist than why is Han one of the luckiest guys in the galaxy? Why does Obi Wan have so much luck in the movies/EU?
Oh yes!! OF COURSE! IF he died the movie would have been shorter! Guess what.. That was one of ther last scenes in ESB! It wouldent have made a difference! DUH!

Blax, read the BS you're posting. Then tell me who's pwning who.

Admiral Akbar
Doesn't matter, Nick will draw first and there's no way Solo can survive if Nick fires a shot at him. And don't reply with something like "Nick won't survive if Han fires a shot at him, either." because that will never happen as Nick's quicker and will be able to draw and fire first.

They are both quick, and both are good. There are too many variables. You can't state that Nick could kill him first, and that he could avoid Han's shot. That's like trying to argue would would win between Dooku and Mace. It's a stalemate!!! I'm going to conclude that they both shoot each other to death without a sole victor. The rest of what you posted is just a matter of an opinion. You're being bias.

Blaxican Hydra
Dude, you're being an idiot. Escaping death, finding higher ground when your in a saberlock and could possibly die and all of the above are all luck. Luck is part of the plot. If Luck diden't exist than why is Han one of the luckiest guys in the galaxy? Why does Obi Wan have so much luck in the movies/EU?
Oh yes!! OF COURSE! IF he died the movie would have been shorter! Guess what.. That was one of ther last scenes in ESB! It wouldent have made a difference! DUH!

Blax, read the BS you're posting. Then tell me who's pwning who.

You're an idiot for even THINKING that luck can be an actual factor in battle. And even Obi-Wan said himself that their is no cuh as thing as luck. And of course, you still never answered my question. Were was Han's luck when he was getting tortured by vader? No were to be seen...were was Han's luck when he was frozen in carbonite? No were to be seen. Oh yeah hi "luck" came nearly ten years later, lol. I'm done here.

darthsith19
They are both quick, and both are good. There are too many variables. You can't state that Nick could kill him first, and that he could avoid Han's shot. That's like trying to argue would would win between Dooku and Mace. It's a stalemate!!! I'm going to conclude that they both shoot each other to death without a sole victor. The rest of what you posted is just a matter of an opinion. You're being bias.
Han's shot?! Read what we say! Han won't get a shot! He's not fast enough! How many times have I got to say it, Nick is the faster draw, so he will draw quicker and kill Han before Han can shoot him! I never said anything about blocking shots! We've provided proof that Nick's faster at drawing so how are we being biased? Your the one being biased.

Admiral Akbar
You're an idiot for even THINKING that luck can be an actual factor in battle. And even Obi-Wan said himself that their is no cuh as thing as luck. And of course, you still never answered my question. Were was Han's luck when he was getting tortured by vader? No were to be seen...were was Han's luck when he was frozen in carbonite? No were to be seen. Oh yeah hi "luck" came nearly ten years later, lol. I'm done here.

Blax, I'm happy you're done with it becuase you're dissapointing me.
Yes luck is a factor in battle. Every battle? No..but in this type of situation you have two people who are both skilled they can draw quick and have a good aim. So you are working with a stalemate. The fastest to draw and shoot wins. So basically the person who draws and shoots the fastest and survives is the luckiest guy. Wow..common blax...you assume that Han's luck will help him in every single instance? I suggest you look up the word "luck" in the dictionary. It's the chance of something good happening. He has had a lot of luck throughout his life, but not every single time. So? he got lucky that Leia and a bunch of others who loved him cared enough to save him.

Admiral Akbar
Han's shot?! Read what we say! Han won't get a shot! He's not fast enough! How many times have I got to say it, Nick is the faster draw, so he will draw quicker and kill Han before Han can shoot him! I never said anything about blocking shots! We've provided proof that Nick's faster at drawing so how are we being biased? Your the one being biased.

I read what you posted. Nick is force sensitive, he was able to pull out his gun the same time Mace pulled out his lightsaber......and thats it! Thats all you have on Nick; he can draw quick....so can Han. He can shoot accurately...so can Han. You cant assume Nick can shoot faster, thats speculation.

darthsith19
I read what you posted. Nick is force sensitive, he was able to pull out his gun the same time Mace pulled out his lightsaber......and thats it! Thats all you have on Nick; he can draw quick....so can Han. He can shoot accurately...so can Han. You cant assume Nick can shoot faster, thats speculation.
No, he can draw faster. Nick can pull out his gun and start shooting faster than Mace, who in Shatterpoint. was said to move his hands so fast that he was invisible, could draw his lightsaber signifying that Nick can draw and fire his blaster faster than the human eye can see. Han, unfortunately, is not quite that fast. And I never said Han wasn't fast, just that he isn't as fast as Nick is.

Admiral Akbar
Well I watched the CW animated series and also watched ROTS. Mace does not move his hands so fast that he's invisible. Man....If I had read every single SW book...I know the authors say something incredible about Han in them.

DS, read what you wrote...thats not even possible that Nick could draw it faster than the eye can see. If thats the case then in a sense he is not really "drawing" it is he?

kamikz
No, he can draw faster. Nick can pull out his gun and start shooting faster than Mace, who in Shatterpoint. was said to move his hands so fast that he was invisible, could draw his lightsaber signifying that Nick can draw and fire his blaster faster than the human eye can see. Han, unfortunately, is not quite that fast. And I never said Han wasn't fast, just that he isn't as fast as Nick is.

He was punching at that speed, and against Kar Vastor. That doesn't mean he always pulls his saber out at that speed.

Admiral Akbar
And it's almost impossible to pull out a lightsaber that fast also.

darthsith19
Well I watched the CW animated series and also watched ROTS. Mace does not move his hands so fast that he's invisible. Man....If I had read every single SW book...I know the authors say something incredible about Han in them.

DS, read what you wrote...thats not even possible that Nick could draw it faster than the eye can see. If thats the case then in a sense he is not really "drawing" it is he?
No where does it say that Mace was moving as fast as he could during his fight with Palpatine. And if he can punch faster than the human eye can see then he should be able to activate his lightsaber at at least 1/2 that speed.

Admiral Akbar
You ignored my CW series comment. I saw Mace puching the droids down. My eyes saw his hands pummeling through the metal. Just because he can puch fast doesn't mean he can draw a lightsaber quick. That's poor logic.

darthsith19
You ignored my CW series comment. I saw Mace puching the droids down. My eyes saw his hands pummeling through the metal. Just because he can puch fast doesn't mean he can draw a lightsaber quick. That's poor logic.
How is it poor logic? The point if he can move his hands extremely fast. Whether he moves them to punch, grab something, swing his lightsaber, it doesn't matter. I have provided proof that he can move his hands so fast that they're invisible. Why shouldn't he be able to move them that fast when he grabs his lightsaber?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.