Super-Skrull vs. Mephisto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

General Kon-El
This battle takes place on neutral ground. Not Mephisto's realm. Who takes this? No pis/cis

golem370
Mephisto easily

Mephisto- http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/m/mephisto.htm

bbrem123
mephisto every time

The Fake Macoy
Where did you ever get the idea that this would be a fight worth debating?

guy222
mephisto

CaptainStoic
Is Mephisto an Abstract being of sorts?

norrinradd43
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Is Mephisto an Abstract being of sorts? that is debatable...He is show amongst the Cosmic Pantheon sometimes...is he in the league of Galactus, Stranger, Celestials...No. He has stated himself that he serves a higher master who has never been revealed...Curious to see who that is. It could be argued that he represents evil the way Mistress Love and Master Hate represent their qualities. I would concider Mephisto a lower end Abstract.

As for the fight...Big Red could blink SS out of existance if he wanted. Happy Dance

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by norrinradd43
that is debatable...He is show amongst the Cosmic Pantheon sometimes...is he in the league of Galactus, Stranger, Celestials...No. He has stated himself that he serves a higher master who has never been revealed...Curious to see who that is. It could be argued that he represents evil the way Mistress Love and Master Hate represent their qualities. I would concider Mephisto a lower end Abstract.

As for the fight...Big Red could blink SS out of existance if he wanted. Happy Dance

qft

Endless Mike
Is this a joke? Mephisto 1000/10

norrinradd43
I think at the very least Mephisto is a top tier demon...But the fact that he is impossable to kill (He just reappears in his own realm when he does) and because he has his own realm where he is supreme and rules over millions of damned spirits and lesser demons puts him in the low tier abstracts imho. I think it has been stated that Mephisto is necessary, I could be wrong about this though. If he is necessary, then he is definatly an abstract because being necessary or having a major purpose in the ovrall scheme of the universe is probably the most important prerequisite to being labeled an "abstract". Also being the embodiment of something is necessary and it is stated numerous times that Mephisto is the lord of all evil.

Conclusion: Mephisto is an abstract.

Erik-Lensherr
Mephisto retconnes him into a regular Skrull.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Is Mephisto an Abstract being of sorts?

Seems skyfather to me.

norrinradd43
If he is the embodiment of evil, and I see no reason to doubt his claims...I would put him a tier above Skyfather but below Order and Chaos, possably on a par with Love and Hate...We also have to disregard him being a regular victim of bad writing i.e. Black Panther scenerio.

Phantom Zone
If he is the embodiment of evil, and I see no reason to doubt his claims...

Ermm hes a liar. I also think its been stated in bios that hes not. Hes just a powerful demon.

We also have to disregard him being a regular victim of bad writing i.e. Black Panther scenerio.

Not bad writing.

1. He used tech from the most advanced country on earth.
2. Had prep and had been monitoring Mephisto.
3. Not as inteligent as Reed but highly intelligent.
4. Had help from the Panther god.

erm Not bad writing.

norrinradd43
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Ermm hes a liar. I also think its been stated in bios that hes not. Hes just a powerful demon.

Not bad writing.

1. He used tech from the most advanced country on earth.
2. Had prep and had been monitoring Mephisto.
3. Not as inteligent as Reed but highly intelligent.
4. Had help from the Panther god.

erm Not bad writing.

Mephisto is not know for outright lying...he is chaniving and misleading but not a liar. If he does lie it is to get sombody to strike a baragin with him and that just strengthens his case for being the embodiment of evil. If he told nothing but the truth than he wouldnt fit the job discription very well. If he is nothing but a powerful demon than he would not be allowed amongst the cosmic pantheon where he has been alongside the likes of Eternity, Love, Hate, The Stranger, Galactus, Celestials, ect...

pretty bad writing...any earth tech is irrelivant when dealing with one like Mephisto...celestial or galactus tech would be understandable but not T'Challa tech. Mephisto would also know that he was being monitored. I can see Doc Strange, Talisman, or Doom being able to look in on him unnoticed, but again not Black Panther.

Panther god may be tough, but he is not in the class of an Odin or Zeus and neither one of them would beat Mephisto...not a properly written Mephisto anyway.

Phantom Zone
Mephisto is not know for outright lying...he is chaniving and misleading but not a liar. If he does lie it is to get sombody to strike a baragin with him and that just strengthens his case for being the embodiment of evil.

No lying doesnt prove that hes the embodiment of evil that just means hes evil. Yeah he lies to impress people so they think hes actually the devil.

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/m/mephisto.htm

Mephisto is an extradimensional demon whose origin is unknown. He rules a fiery pocket dimension that he calls "hell" or "Hades" although it is neither the hell of the Christian religion nor the Hades ruled by Pluto, the Olympian god of the dead. Mephisto calls his extradimensional realm "hell" in order to exploit Earth human beings' belief in a single being of absolute evil,

If he told nothing but the truth than he wouldnt fit the job discription very well. If he is nothing but a powerful demon than he would not be allowed amongst the cosmic pantheon where he has been alongside the likes of Eternity, Love, Hate, The Stranger, Galactus, Celestials, ect...

Nope. Hes still not the living embodiment of evil because ive seen him in the marvel universe under the classification of demons. Demons are basically elder gods that came into being before Olympians and Asagardians and as far as I know thats a fact. If hes seen amongst Galactus that simply means hes become more powerful.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mephisto_(comics)

Mephisto and many other "Hell Lords" were created from the primeval concentration of evil energy left in the wake of the fleeing Elder Gods when they were driven from the Earth by the entity Atum millions of years ago.

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/appclar.htm

# The Elder Gods of the Marvel Universe refers specifically to those being present during the formation of Earth (and are thus billions of years old), who apparently originated from Earth as well. These include Chthon, Gaea, and Set, among a few others. Most of these being degenerated into demons, and are considered Class One demons.
The vast majority of these Elder Gods/Demons were slain by Demogorge, the offspring of Gaea and the Demiurge, a powerful god-like force, which sought to cleanse the Earth to allow humanity to develop. Gaea alone was allowed to remain on Earth, while a few, such as Chthon and Set, managed to escape extra-dimensionally.

pretty bad writing...any earth tech is irrelivant when dealing with one like Mephisto...celestial or galactus tech would be understandable but not T'Challa tech. Mephisto would also know that he was being monitored. I can see Doc Strange, Talisman, or Doom being able to look in on him unnoticed, but again not Black Panther.

Why not hes kings of one of the most advanced countries on earth hes not as smart as Reed but hes not far behind either. Its not PIS but it could be a high showing.

Panther god may be tough, but he is not in the class of an Odin or Zeus and neither one of them would beat Mephisto...not a properly written Mephisto anyway.

Er you cant prove that. erm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.